Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IgotRocks

re: Introducing IgotRocks

Hey everyone time to introduce myself, my name is Eric, Im 28 and live in Portland, Oregon. Yes it rains here as much as you've heard but that just means more time to game! I've had jobs as a white water rafting guide, hunting guide, bouncer, and for almost 10 years I worked for my parents in the home construction industry installing and servicing windows. I recently made a career change, partly due to the bad economy and party due to being burned out on construction, to working in the front office of a diesel engine remanufacturing shop. I do shipping and receiving as well as invoicing for various accounts and I'm just starting to sell product as well, getting trained up to be able to properly quote prices and availability has been a real challenge but Im enjoying it alot.
Im a long time gamer from consoles to computers to some good old fashion pen and paper D&D. I have about 6 years MMO experience, I've played tank/offtank classes, melee and ranged dps classes about the only class I think I have never been good at is healer, I've tried several times but as Bubbles can attests to, it goes better for everyone if im not the healer lol. Im really excited to Play the Jedi Knight Sentinel it actually sounds very similar to my origional Main character in the first MMO I played, from the level of armor to the dual wielding, to the magical/force abilities. That character incidentaly was where I origionaly came up with my name and I've used it in every game I've played since. Im also looking forward to getting my roleplay on this guild has some awesome RP writers, I hope I can be as creative and descriptive in my writing. Thats all for now, looking forward to meeting more of you and getting to learn more about the people I've already met. Happy

Hi Eric =)

Nice intro! I know you've done some travelling, how about you tell us what you'd like to visit next?

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
AstralProjection

Hey Eric! Nice to meet you : ) You sound like an interesting fellow, I think you'll fit in around here just fine. I love the great outdoors m'self, it's cool to hear that you were a guide, sounds like fun work. I never spent any time north of the redwoods out west, but I hear it's beautiful if you don't mind rain. Personally I love rain, and not just because that's one of my dog's names : P

Nice to know if we need rocks we know where to look! ; ) Welcome to the gang, if you need anything just shout, everyone here's pretty friendly and helpful.

~Astral (Tony)

Very Nice Intro Rock,ive have to say your a pretty cool person,both on vent and of the forums,so i bid you welcome to PR,hope you enjoy it

Good to meet you on vent. What kind of a hunting guide were you? I grew up shooting all kinds of birds but am looking into pursuing larger game with a recurve bow.

Awarded:

Welcome Eric Happy I think it's awesome that you applied, you should definitely fit in well around here.

"Hey everyone time to introduce myself, my name is Eric, Im 28 and live in Portland, Oregon. Yes it rains here as much as you've heard but that just means more time to game!"

Oh man, I LOVE playing video games on rainy days, and I like rain in general, because it makes you appreciate the sun. I should spend some more time in Washington Happy

Hooray for West Coasties! Portland is a lovely city. Great science museum there, too! I'm up in Seattle myself. We should get together sometime. Welcome to the team, Rocks!

Photobucket
IgotRocks

Captain Bubbles wrote:
I know you've done some travelling, how about you tell us what you'd like to visit next?

For my next big trip I would like to go back to Austria, I spent two weeks there last year visiting friends that I met in another MMO that I played. I spent the whole two weeks traveling and sight seeing every day and I at most saw maybe half the country. I loved the culture, and the food, and the litte bit of the German Autobahn I got to experience. For my next small trip I will go to Austin, Texas to see the first US F1 Grand Prix to happen in the last five years. Its a year away still and Im already pumped!!

Arkos Ladar wrote:
What kind of a hunting guide were you? I grew up shooting all kinds of birds but am looking into pursuing larger game with a recurve bow.

I've guided rifle and archery hunters on both mule deer and elk. I've never done any archery hunting myself, I prefer rifle, but my dad prefers archery so I've gotten quite a bit of experience doing both.

Welcome to the pack man, if you have any questions feel free to ask. I plan on leading many a raid on world bosses (since i've been in beta a while now I have mechanics down, and locations (if they dont change) Feel free to ask me any questions (by pm or vent)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum