Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 20 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

IgotRocks

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper, IgotRocks!

The application submitted by IgotRocks is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I am a very competitive person I try and strive to perform at the best of my abilities in anything I do whether it's work or playing games. Im motivated to contribute to the other people I game with by the opportunity to build really strong and lasting friendships and I realize from past MMO experience that its not a one man show, best way to be competitive is to have a strong loyal group to game with.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I would have to say that my 3 biggests strengths are loyalty, sense of humor and dedication. I am always ready to help a fellow guild member whether it's with a quest or with a higher level griefing them. As serious as I take my gaming I still think there is always time for a laugh and try and make everyone around me have as much fun as im having. I enjoy setting goals in game and then dedicating myself to reaching them and I like helping the other people I game with do the same.

My biggest weaknesses are getting irritated when other people aren't punctual. Being on time has always been very important in the different jobs that I've had and I carry it over to my personal life. I find it very disrespectful to be late on a regular basis, but I know sometimes in the past I have not been as understanding of other peoples scheduels and the things that can come up to make a person late. Another weakness would be not always understanding that other people don't learn things the same way that I do or at the same speed, sometimes I can get a little frustrated trying to teach someone something new or show them a different way of doing something, I can always calm down and work to show or explain it in a different way but I don't think I should get frustrated so quickly. Another weakness I have is sometimes being a little rough around the edges as my friends tell me, in a stressful situation or one that demands quick action I sometimes fall back into coach mode and start barking out orders before I think about how that makes everyone around me feel, Im always quick to apologize but I could do a better job of controlling my mouth.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Away from the computer I have a pretty wide rage of hobbies, Im an avid reader, subject doesen't matter to much to me, if the book is good, I will read it. I like to get out and enjoy the outdoors whenever possible, whether it's hunting or fishing, rafting or long distance target shooting. I've played paintball for almost 15 years and enjoy the physical and mental challenge of it. Racing is a huge passion of mine, Im not a big fan of NASCAR but I love Formula One and most forms of sports car racing. I also enjoy cooking, whether it's BBQ or baking, good food is a good time.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
From my best friend Naëlle

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
I do, but I also have the ability to control it in situations that demand it, I work in a retail office and spend a large part of each day on the phone with customers and swearing in that setting isn't an option. During gaming if I swear at all it's normaly during PVP and is not directed at the people im playing with, and about half the time its not even directed at the opposition, I just lose control of my mouth sometimes when the action is intense.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
From the members I expect to be treated with the same respect that I show to them, assistance when I need it and others are available to give it and a sense of community that makes me feel like im part of a team or a family.
For the leadership I will have the same expectations that I do for regular members but I would also expect them to help settle disputes that may arise between members, to make sure that guild rules are followed, and help organizing larger events and raids.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I believe I can contribute past gaming experience, i've played mmo's for a little over 6 years i've been told im good at PVP and I love it. Lots of laughs, I try and make sure everyone around me is having as much of a good time as I am and I like to put smiles on other peoples faces. I also have a strong ability to problem solve, both for myself and others, whether its a problem in game or out, if its possible for me to help fix im always ready. I can also contribute a *high hoof* to another bronie that deserves it.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
My friend Naëlle has spoken very highly about both the people in guild she has met as well as the experiences she has had. It sounds like like the sort of community that I can both feel at home in and contribute to. I also like the level of maturity in the guild, I don't mind playing with younger people but it's nice to have a group of peers to play with.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
When im stressed out whether it's in game or out I like to lift weights or if the weather is nice go for a long walk, a little physical activity makes it alot easier for me to let stress go and relax.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Invite them to duel, block them if they decline the duel or want to continue to trash talk after the duel. Warn other guild members so they can avoid similar abuse if possible.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Ask them politly to stop, if they continue I would change channel or mute that person and report their behavior to the appropriate guild officer.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
IgotRockshttp://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1298824

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No, I have always left guilds on friendly terms and in good standing. In the past I have been a guild officer in Aion as well as a guild leader in the first mmo I played, a game called Rappelz.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

What Advanced Class (AC) do you intend to play for the above listed class?:
Jedi Sentinel

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Im extremly excited for the game to come out, this is the first MMO I will be playing from launch date and I would like to be able to build friendships before then and surround myself with other people who are just as excited as I am and have a similar drive to succeed in the game.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I understand that there is a policy of not swearing in the guild and I am wondering how strictly it is enforced and what kind of punishment or disciplinary action is taken when a member breaks it. As I said in my earlier awnser I try and be courteous of others and not swear around them but I can see possibly letting slip an "F" bomb on vent without intending to.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Captain Bubbles

For those not in Skype, Naëlle is me! *waves hai Happy

Nice app Rocks. You sure listed a lot of weaknesses, but I think it's a strength to be able to identify what you need to work on and at least with you, what we see is what we get.

I'd like to point out that when I played Aion, I learned a ton about PvP from this guy and even though he says he can be rough around the edges and a little impatient, his help, support and encouragement made me a much better player. He helped me get my thug on and have a ton of fun kicking butt!

I think Rainbowdash can best summerize Rocks...

Forum Image

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: IgotRocks

Hello there Rocks :)Welcome to our forum Happy I hope that you will enjoy your stay with us Happy

I must say that your application is really impressive and that I liked it very much Happy
Now time for questions and answers :D

IgotRocks wrote:
What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My biggest weaknesses are getting irritated when other people aren't punctual. Being on time has always been very important in the different jobs that I've had and I carry it over to my personal life. I find it very disrespectful to be late on a regular basis, but I know sometimes in the past I have not been as understanding of other peoples scheduels and the things that can come up to make a person late. Another weakness would be not always understanding that other people don't learn things the same way that I do or at the same speed, sometimes I can get a little frustrated trying to teach someone something new or show them a different way of doing something, I can always calm down and work to show or explain it in a different way but I don't think I should get frustrated so quickly. Another weakness I have is sometimes being a little rough around the edges as my friends tell me, in a stressful situation or one that demands quick action I sometimes fall back into coach mode and start barking out orders before I think about how that makes everyone around me feel, Im always quick to apologize but I could do a better job of controlling my mouth.

Hehe, some of my own weaknesses :D and finally someone who write his weaknesses, and not his strengths in bad light to make them look like weaknesses :D BIG +

IgotRocks wrote:
And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I understand that there is a policy of not swearing in the guild and I am wondering how strictly it is enforced and what kind of punishment or disciplinary action is taken when a member breaks it. As I said in my earlier awnser I try and be courteous of others and not swear around them but I can see possibly letting slip an "F" bomb on vent without intending to.

We don`t mind occasional swearing, happens to almost everyone Happy problem starts, when you use swears every second word and you don`t listen when someone is telling you to stop Happy Also we don`t look kindly on swears directed at other members Happy

Could you please give us a short overview of your gaming experience? I mean just out of top of your head games that you played over the years and enjoyed them Happy Not necessarily MMO`s.

Why did you picked Jedi Knight as your desired class, and Sentinel as your AC?

Last question: Pirates or Ninja, and why? Happy

Also, I feel, that I should have you banned for even mentioning MLP in your application :P but since you are friend with Bubbles this is no wonder... sigh... yet another pony lover to fight with ;) :D

Luke Filewalker

A very nice application indeed!

I, too, am very pleased with the effort you put into your application and the fact that you are easily able to identify your weaknesses. As Bubbles said, it's quite the strength.

IgotRocks wrote:

The occasional swear word is fine, it's once the swearing gets out of hand that it becomes a real problem. As Marvel said as long as it's not every second word and is in good taste then it should be fine Happy

Lord Marvel wrote:

Because having two light sabers to slash stuff is better than having one, right? :P

Anywho I wish you good luck with your application process and look forward to seeing you on vent Happy

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
timaselj

Hmm I liked this app a whole lot. The only minus is the MLP... tongue out But yeah, I say put you on trial ASAP Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Hi, and thanks for applying to Pax Republica! *High Hoof*

I'm Travis, as the various names around this box indicate. Great application - We really appreciate you putting in the time and effort to tell us about yourself. Based on the information in your App (and Bubbles singing your praises from the highest mountains), I don't think swearing will be an issue - we're all somewhat prone to an occasional outburst. We just keep it mature and never direct it at others, and no problems - we strive to walk the line between an adult and mature voice channel (in which wordy dirds DO happen) and a channel that a younger members mother would not be ashamed to hear when walking by a room.

I expect we'll get this trial rolling shortly after we talk to you a bit more. Look forward to getting to know you!

Forum Image

IgotRocks

Really enjoying the warm reception from the replies I've recieved so far, to the fellow pony lovers *high hoof* and to the pony haters, come on guys it's not the dark side, let the ponies corrupt you! Happy

Lord Marvel wrote:
Could you please give us a short overview of your gaming experience? I mean just out of top of your head games that you played over the years and enjoyed them Happy Not necessarily MMO`s.

Hmmm that's a question I could spend all day awnsering, Happy But I will try and be a little more brief and stick to the highlights. I can't really remember the first time I played a videogame but I can remember being 4 or 5 and my parents giving my brother and I for christmas an Atari 2600 and a couple of games, I loved it right away even though the controller was really big and the button hurt my thumb after awhile, it was cool. I still have that Atari tucked away somewhere with about 2 shoe boxes full of games. After the Atari it was on to the Nintendo NES and this is where i really got hooked on rpg's. I loved games like Contra and Castelvania but games like Zelda and Dragon Warrior could make me lose all track of time for a few hours and I loved the mix of action and problem solving. Aftre that it was more consoles until my parents bought the first computer we had in the house right around the time Wolfenstein came out, that game and Doom soon after it blew my mind i was all about them for awhile but another game that I played at the same time, and long after I got bored with Doom and Wolfenstein was a game Called Dragon Wars, it was cheap, the sound was terrible, the whole game fit on a 3.5" disk, but it was so much fun and took me over a year to beat. The next big game for me that I can remember after that was the first Diablo, loved being able to go dungeon crawl and get loot and be able to do it with friends over the internet. Was a real active gamer until I graduated from high school, for several years after that my work and personal life was real busy and didn't have time to game much, picked it up again a few years ago, played Halo on xbox live at a friends house and got hooked, next thing I knew i had my own xbox and was calling to have my internet speed improved because it wasn't fast enough and dying to lag was driving me crazy. The tech from the phone company that came to setup my new DSL told me about a game I should check out called Rappelz, I wish I would have written his name down because I owe that guy a big thank you, when the xbox got boring I checked out Rappelz, my first MMO and fell in love with gaming again, I made a ton of friends in the game, quite a few of which lived near me, apparently we all thought the server name Salamander was cool, we formed a guild and would get together for BBQ's and LAN parties when we had the time for it. I realized when i started proof reading my comment that you asked for a brief summary, lol, as you can see I really can talk about this all day, sorry if its to long.

Lord Marvel wrote:

I made these choices with a few differen't things in mind, the last MMO I played, Aion, the main character that I played was a Ranger, I loved the stealthy nature of the class and hunting people in pvp was awesome, but I found the class to be squishy most of the time and that was frustrating, about the last six months that I played the game I switched to a Gladiator and felt that role fit me like a glove. I see the Jedi Sentinel as being very similar to the gladiator, so I hope I have that same feeling. I also know my friend bubbles and I will be kicking alot of PVP butt together and I think this class will work well with her's.

Lord Marvel wrote:

Last question: Pirates or Ninja, and why? Happy

This is the toughest question yet, I mean we all know both pirates and ninjas are awesome, hmmmmm, if I had to pick I would say NinjaPirate Happy
Lord Marvel

IgotRocks wrote:
Really enjoying the warm reception from the replies I've recieved so far, to the fellow pony lovers *high hoof* and to the pony haters, come on guys it's not the dark side, let the ponies corrupt you! Happy

Yeah ponies are not the dark side, they are worse :P

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions Happy though for your information, pirate ninjas can`t exist, since they would destroy the world with overload of awesomeness :D

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!

I'm Nwahs Nirom, the Jedi Knight Class Leader Happy I have to say I loved your application. I think you are the first person we've ever had who wrote a longer paragraph on weaknesses than strengths. That shows amazing maturity in my opinion.

Two questions:

1. You're big into racing. Who is your favorite racer?
2. What did you think of "Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby", especially Jean Girard, the French Formula One guy played by Sacha Baron Cohen?

Last edited by Nwahs on October 12, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Welcome, fellow brony!

Forum Image

Great app with a lot of effort put into it. I have no questions that haven't already been answered. I say this should be accepted Happy

IgotRocks

Thanks for another warm hello, Bubbles said your a Brony so *high hoof*
Nwahs Nirom wrote:

1. You're big into racing. Who is your favorite racer?

My favorite driver is Fernando Alonso, when I started watching F1 he was the youngest driver, just a little older than I am and was racing for an underdog team, I've followed him to 4 different teams and 2 world championships. My brother and I normaly place a bet at the start of the season on who's driver is gonna win the world championship, sadly the last couple of years we haven't had to pay each other because neither of our drivers has won lol.

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
2. What did you think of "Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby", especially Jean Girard, the French Formula One guy played by Sacha Baron Cohen?

I love that movie, I still randomly quote things from it and I love it when other people know what im talking about. Sacha Baron Cohen's character was hilarious, I imagine that hardcore diehard NASCAR fans think that's what a Formula1 driver is like, but I remember the year it came out before one of the races they asked all the drivers if they had seen the movie and what they thought of it and the ones that had all thought it was funny, even the french drivers, Happy

Awarded:

Nice... ya Talledega Nights is phenomenal. Last question from me: What do you think of our strict activity requirements?

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Last question from me: What do you think of our strict activity requirements?

The requirements don't sound unreasonable to me, Im a pretty social person and in the past it's not be uncommon for me to be hanging out in vent even when Im doing other tasks at the computer. Posting will probably be the harder of the two for me. I probably wont start alot of threads but I enjoy reading others and making a comment or two here and there when I feel like I have something worth saying.

IgotRocks wrote:
I have something worth saying.

Forum Image

Just kidding Happy There's plenty of threads you'll find worth posting into. There's posts about working out, cooking, songs, funny videos, beta, roleplay, there's even a pony thread... and that's leaving the class forums out. So I think you'll be fine. I don't start a whole lot of new threads either; there's already a ton of cool threads to contribute to.

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
IgotRocks

Captain Bubbles wrote:
IgotRocks wrote:
I have something worth saying.

Forum Image

Bubbles Bubbles Bubbles always picking on me, my only response is this :P

Forum Image

Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum