Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirrex

re: Kirrex

Hello fellow Jedi Consulars,

My name is Kirrex (Tyler IRL). A little bit about myself, I attend school at UTDallas where I'm studying game design and animation. I've played a ton of different MMO's and am glad to finally come back to Star Wars. Other than playing games, I like to play piano and guitar, watch sports, and spend time with my family and friends.

I'm hoping to be a Sage and specialize in healing because out of all the MMO's I've played, I've never been a healer before. I normally stick to tanks or melee dps but I can pretty much play anything.

The game I'm playing most right now is LoL, so if you're on make sure to add Qirrex (no one could pronounce my name so I changed the Q to a K).

I'm really glad to be going through my trial and joining Pax because, lets be honest, we're gonna rock big grin
Crox Rava

re: Re: Kirrex

Kirrex wrote:
I'm really glad to be going through my trial and joining Pax because, lets be honest, we're gonna rock big grin

Couldn't have said it better. Welcome to the Consular team. Happy

Photobucket
Tcyiora

Welcome Kirrex!

What MMORPGs have you played? And out of them, what one was/is your favourite? :D

Switching up to a healer, eh? It's nice to change things up now and then, I hope you enjoy it! Happy I personally always main the support role in games, though I do like to play other classes now and then XD
I feel that the game becomes a totally different game when you play support lol you're always looking at the party list to see who needs heals and what not haha

Are you enjoying your studies at UTDallas? :D Both the game design and animation sound fun!

If I ever hop on LoL for a game I'll be sure to add you! Happy

Kirrex

Let's see...I've played WoW, Lotro, LoL, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, CoH, Planetside, Guild Wars, SWG, AoC, and a little bit of EVE. It would be really hard for me to pick a favorite, but I like some things about each.

Everquest just had an epic feeling to it, maybe it's nostalgia, but you could wander through that game and never stop discovering things.

I loved Dark Age of Camelot simply because it had the best PVP ever.

WoW is...WoW. Meh

I really like it at UTDallas. My degree is Arts and Technology, so it's half Computer Science and half technical art. You can go in many directions with it, i.e. 2D animation, 3D animation, films, games, graphic design, web design, sound design, programming, etc. but I've chosen to focus on game design big grin

Awarded:

Kirrex wrote:
Hello fellow Jedi Consulars,

My name is Kirrex (Tyler IRL). A little bit about myself, I attend school at UTDallas where I'm studying game design and animation. I've played a ton of different MMO's and am glad to finally come back to Star Wars. Other than playing games, I like to play piano and guitar, watch sports, and spend time with my family and friends.

I'm hoping to be a Sage and specialize in healing because out of all the MMO's I've played, I've never been a healer before. I normally stick to tanks or melee dps but I can pretty much play anything.

The game I'm playing most right now is LoL, so if you're on make sure to add Qirrex (no one could pronounce my name so I changed the Q to a K).

Welcome Qirrex! I enjoyed your application and I like that you have a little RP aspect to you (I saw you're Qirrex from the Halls of Healing, that's cool Happy)

I think you should stick with Qirrex... I'm a bit of an English Language elitist to be honest, and the phonetics of the Qirrex aren't that hard to figure out! all well :P Anway welcome to the guild and I hope to have you healing me at some point!

Kirrex wrote:
Let's see...I've played WoW, Lotro, LoL, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, CoH, Planetside, Guild Wars, SWG, AoC, and a little bit of EVE. It would be really hard for me to pick a favorite, but I like some things about each.

Everquest just had an epic feeling to it, maybe it's nostalgia, but you could wander through that game and never stop discovering things.

I loved Dark Age of Camelot simply because it had the best PVP ever.

WoW is...WoW. Meh

I really like it at UTDallas. My degree is Arts and Technology, so it's half Computer Science and half technical art. You can go in many directions with it, i.e. 2D animation, 3D animation, films, games, graphic design, web design, sound design, programming, etc. but I've chosen to focus on game design big grin

Awesomeness! I've played some of those games Happy They're fun haha

Gosh all those sound so cool! I personally like animation and graphic design myself.
What kind of games would you want to make in the future? :D If you ever need a graphic designer... *points to self* :P

Kirrex

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
I think you should stick with Qirrex... I'm a bit of an English Language elitist to be honest, and the phonetics of the Qirrex aren't that hard to figure out! all well :P Anway welcome to the guild and I hope to have you healing me at some point!

Thanks Nwahs. I really like it as Qirrex, but too many people mispronounce it as "queerex". Meh, I'm still thinking of changing it back.

Tcyiora wrote:
Gosh all those sound so cool! I personally like animation and graphic design myself.
What kind of games would you want to make in the future? :D If you ever need a graphic designer... *points to self* :P

The dream is to work on a major title, maybe some MMO, but for now any work I can find is what I'll take. It's pretty easy to get started in the indie game industry since it takes basically no capital to get started. I think I might try that for a while just to build up some reference work to show to game companies.

I really like your sigs btw. I might make my own like that Happy Do you have somewhere where you show your work?

Oh nevermind lol! I just realized there's a deviantart link in your signature. I love the chibis, you are really talented! Also, cool Bob-omb on the desk tongue out

Loool Thank you! :D Haha yes the Bob-omb XD it's full of paper stars haha it used to be full of candy 8D

I'm sure working for a major title would be so awesome... Imagine working for BioWare... * _*

Kirrex

No kidding. That's the dream. Actually, there is a good chance I'll be moving to Austin after graduation because it's a big place for gaming companies. We'll see....

Well I wish you good luck! :D I shall send out positive thoughts for you! XD

SonicBoomS

sorry I'm late to the party, but welcome to the guild!!! big grin

good luck on your acceptance

a lot of us play LoL so you can always hop in vent and we cna put the beat down on some fools <3

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum