Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idea.

re: Back to Regular Member!

Hello Everyone!

Alright, so just like the subject says, i'm going back to a regular member due to the fact of my semester this fall. I'm 2 years away from my PhD; and everything is HECTIC! Just as i told Nwahs, i'm not going to be able to come on SKype/Vent as much as required, but i can still meet up to the expectations required for the guild as a member.

I really appreciate the opportunity to have had this experience as an Executive Officer, but for the best interest of the guild and of course because of my schedule, I am stepping down from this position. By no means do i not want to be a part of this guild though, so I will still be around! I just know that until January or until my schedule opens up a bit more, i'm going to be pretty damn busy. And yes, this will cut down seriously on my SWTOR play time i'm trying to work out something with my schedule to at least have Tuesday off, but as of now im going to be between clinic and class from 9am until 7:30pm. At least i don't have to be anywhere on weekends! HA!

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been so kind to me through my transition - this guild truly is the best place to be in terms of a tight knit gaming community Happy Thank you for everything and if life ever seems to balance out a bit more im sure i'll chase after more activiy and responsibility!

Cheers! Phil

Arkathos

A wise call bud - hopefully everyone can make those decisions in life when something important needs to be focused on lol. So thanks for letting us know, thank you for helping out, and good luck with the semester! Mine's starting too but hah, no where near a PHD!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Idea.

Thanks Gai! I appreciate it man, especially coming from our Guild leader that really goes a long way for importance to me in my books Happy

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I wanted to publicly recognize Vheissus for his large amount of help he provided as my XO in the short amount of time.

Most of you are probably thinking "What help? Vheissus didn't do anything besides make a few posts!" As I explained when I opened the applications for my XO, the position was mostly helping me behind the scenes in the administrative work I have to do and being my adviser of sorts. Phil was very helpful in keeping lines of communication open with me, giving me advice, helping me do weekly activity checks, etc.

It is a strange coincidence that his availability to the guild will decrease greatly as mine increases greatly; I just resigned from Best Buy and will focus on working for the Post Office and tutoring online courses for the University of Massachusetts. This means that I'm going to gauge my workload and time over the next few weeks and determine if I'll need a replacement XO or not.

This seems like an appropriate time to advertise my Jedi Strike Team, which is a small group of Jedi Knights who have in some way let me know that they want to go above and beyond the call of a Peacekeeper and help me when I need help, like an XO would (most of them applied to be my XO, so I took their positive energy and found a place for it). I PM them from time to time when I need help or advice with something. If you would like to volunteer your time to the guild in a helpful way, please let me know and I'll add you to the Team.

It's so awesome that you're doing a PhD. What's it in if you don't mind my asking. I plan on doing one myself in a few years.

Thanks man! I really appreciate that. I'll have my PhD in Internal Medicine within Tradition Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. It's been quite a ride and im so excited to test this further knowledge in the field Happy the skill set is so exciting!

What are you after for the PhD dude? It's always so cool to hear what thesis people chase or what research they go after and everything.

Hart of Hircine

Go Shawn and horray for Vheissus for the smart move and that is the luckiest move in all of pax republica's history.
Idea.

Azno Chozulo wrote:
Go Shawn and horray for Vheissus for the smart move and that is the luckiest move in all of pax republica's history.

Haha i've read this about 5 times and i still don't understand it. Is there something i'm missing regarding the "luckiest move"?!

Hart of Hircine

Vheissus wrote:
Azno Chozulo wrote:

Haha i've read this about 5 times and i still don't understand it. Is there something i'm missing regarding the "luckiest move"?!
I meant in a away that it's not only has badassery and wiseness about it but it's also very lucky do to in the time you acted. Last week you posted your guild resignation and soon changed your mine and decided to try arrange time with us in your schedule. I mean this in a good way of a smart timing and lucky quick decision. It's like you didn't have to fill out another form before they took you off the roster.

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin
Idea.

Azno Chozulo wrote:
Vheissus wrote:
Azno Chozulo wrote:

I meant in a away that it's not only has badassery and wiseness about it but it's also very lucky do to in the time you acted. Last week you posted your guild resignation and soon changed your mine and decided to try arrange time with us in your schedule. I mean this in a good way of a smart timing and lucky quick decision.

I never posted my guild resignation?! I'm confused dude :S

Davi Jones

He went from an XO to a regular member azno lol. He never resigned :P

Taken a while to get back to ya. Sorry about that. I'm thinking of doing a PhD in North Korean Marxism. Comparative history is my favourite.

Sorry to hear that bud.
Happy to see you're going to stay! Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Hart of Hircine

I thought you posted you were going to college and didn't have time to play tor and have time for college aswell.
Idea.

Azno Chozulo wrote:
I thought you posted you were going to college and didn't have time to play tor and have time for college aswell.

Negative! I saw a couple other people post something like that - but not me. I have clinic and class but it should only be busy like this until february - if it were longer, i don't know what I would have done.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum