Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 13 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Veint

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Veint!

The application submitted by Veint is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-7:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Part-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
The idea of getting things done, and done in a manner that others will look up to, and want to do the same to get their guild or community up and running is what really motivates me to contribute and strive to succeed. Also, it's really necessary for a member of a community to support its foundation for it to achieve. A guild , or any social group is nothing without its members.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I am a very patient and determined person. I am also a very friendly person and can lighten the mood very easily. I've played many MMORPGs in my time, and whether i lose or win a PvP match (Scenario, Battleground, or Warfront), I keep on at it, because I play a support charachter, and am usually the healer, so the players depend on me just as much as I depend on others. And in PvE, if i am downing the end content of the game, I keep at it, even if it takes hours and hours. But with constant perseverance and determination, we, as a guild, eventually get it done, and we build relationships, not only as guild members, but as a family. Not only do I take the game seriously, but i also have loads of fun while doing so.

Some of my weaknessess as a person is that i'm really sensitive. Like i can't go through a movie without shedding some sort of tear. And when i see someone else sad, i feel for them and might end up bawling like them. Not afraid to admit it :p I'm also pretty lazy when it comes to life chores. I currently live with my family and sometimes slack off and may do a bad job on my chores. My in game weaknesses .. hmm .. well, sometimes i get stressed if i wipe a boss for hours and hours and we just can't get it done, but I usually just take a break and retry until we get it done.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I really enjoy spending time with my friends and family. We do random stuff at times, and at others, we just talk. That is one reason why i am playing this MMORPG. To make new friends and have fun. I also play club soccer and am a very active person. I like to keep my lifestyle healthy, while keeping an even amount of games and physical excersize. I really enjoy building computers and taking them apart. I've built around 5 or 6 comupters out of spare parts in my time. I like to see how much i can boost my computers performance without bricking it.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Ghosthonest

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No, i try not to cuss because first off, it's uneccessary, and second off, it's very crude and defines a person on who they are.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect to find a community that is very open hearted , but is very serious. I hope to find fellow players who are dedicated to PvP as much as I am. I hope to find many premades and active social players who have good communication through vent or whatever program this guild uses. I've been with alot of fail guilds of my time playing MMORPGs, But this guild seems to stand out because of its limited avaliability, and it's beauty and effort put into building this site. I have searched many guilds through the SWTOR guild search engine, and this guild by far seems the most fit for me.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I am a very experienced healer. I've played a healer all my life, and though people say they hate being burdened by healing, I on the other hand, love it with a passion. I like being depended on and going above and beyond what other players expect of me. To see how others react when i surpass their expectations is what i love best. I really like pleasing people and not letting them down. But, no body is perfect, and i have my fair share of screw ups. But I am not one to say "it wasn't my fault" and blame it on others. When i mess up, i immediately call out my mistake and apologize for my failure. But if you don't fail, how are we to learn in order to succeed?

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Well first off. Pax Republica is a PvP guild, and i play games mostly for its PvP. I also have been browsing its forums for quite a while, and i've seen very active social members with posts that aren't meaningless and useless. I've seen very strong posts and comments on other applications by admins, and I see very good leadership. Overall, I see that this guild has very good members and very good leadership, so I believe that this guild will strive to be the best PvP guild out there. Also, i saw the amount of time and work put into this webiste, and that shows me that the leaders are very dedicated.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
When stressed in the game, whether it's from losing mulitple PvP matches or just nothing going right, I usually take a 30 minute break and either go swimming with my family or go running to vent out all my stress. If neither of those options are avaliable, I just continue to play the game, but in the background I play some techno or rock music to get me pumped up, and that relieves my stress just as well as physical exercise. But I am rarely stressed when it comes to games, like i said before, I am a very patient person, and have fun playing the game.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I just talk to him as an equal, and if it continues to carry on, I challenge him to a duel and show him what's up! Then if I win or lose, the conversation usually turns around because I have a very light and playful mood most of the time that usually rubs off on other players when we play together. It could go one of two ways, the smack-talker either becomes my friend and we talk more often, or he just rubs me off and keeps doing his thing. If he continues to mouth off to me, I usually just play with him until he realizes that smack talk isn't getting him anywhere.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I ask him to stop, and if he is being annoying in vent, then i'm probably not the only one whe thinks so. So with the combined efforts of my fellow guild members asking him to stop, i'm sure that eventually he will straighten his act out. And if he still refuses to knock it off, i could ask the leader of vent to kick him for a little while so he can figure out what he's doing is annoying.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Veint ; http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1395126

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I have not been in a previous SWTOR guild.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I have been a guild leader and officer of a few successful guilds in many MMORPG's. I was the guild leader of a guild called Torment in WoW. It was a successful PvP guild and we worked together to get things done. I was an Officer of a guild called Legio Morotis in RIFT and we were also a successful guild. I've also played Warhammer and was in an active PvP guild. So I have alot of experience both with PvP and guilds. I think i would be a great asset and contributer to this guild as a healer, player, and friend. I hope you take my application into consideration. Thank you and thank you for your time. Happy

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Will there be many premades? And will we ever do any raiding?

Thanks!

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Veint on July 25, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Hello and welcome to our forums!

Pretty good application, I must say! You were pretty thorough and gave us a lot to work with. Now we take the time to ask questions to get to know you better before we accept you to our waitlist or decline you.

1. You are one of the few applicants to understand the GMT Time Zone question... good job! lol... I guess my question is where exactly do you live?

2. How old are you, and what do you do for work, if you don't mind me asking?

3. You went over how you are patient and dedicated, but you didn't really give any weaknesses. What are they (both in-game and as a person)?

4. You want to be an officer at some point... can you elaborate on that? What position would you want to hold, and why? What do you think you can bring to the table?

5. Do you have any questions about our waitlist/trial process?

6. How do you know GhostHonest?

I love your signature as well, by the way Happy I also loveee healing, almost as much as I love tanking. I also find it funny that people think healing is a burden... I love playing the greatest form of Whack-a-mole ever created (that's MMO healing Happy)

Mr.Sir?! lol

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

GhostHonest wrote:
Mr.Sir?! lol

? I'm guessing that's the username by which you know Veint?

Great application, Veint! Nwahs asked a lot of good questions, so I'll ask Lord Marvel's favorite question (tongue out):

Could you give a background of your gaming history? What are some games outside of MMOs that you enjoy playing? I noticed your avatar is the Dovakhiin.. good stuff.
GhostHonest

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
GhostHonest wrote:
Mr.Sir?! lol

? I'm guessing that's the username by which you know Veint?

I appologize yes! I think I might know him. He never told me if he decided to apply or not. Though if this is him or not.

Welcome to Pax Republica! Your application was very well thought out and lengthy. I hope that application process isn't to harsh tongue out. Though I hope for the best!
Good Luck!

Legendkiller456

Oh boy another Sage lol jk jk.
Hello Veint and thank you for taking the time to apply for Pax Republica.
Your app was pretty good, long and to the point. I see that GhostHonest is how you heard of the guild. The Jedi Consular is at cap atm, and if your app is accepted you will be put on the wait list to begin your trial for full membership.
I do have a question or two:

1. How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Ghosthonest
How do you know of GhostHonest? Real life, previous guild, ect.

2. You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I ask him to stop, and if he is being annoying in vent, then i'm probably not the only one whe thinks so. So with the combined efforts of my fellow guild members asking him to stop, i'm sure that eventually he will straighten his act out. And if he still refuses to knock it off, i could ask the leader of vent to kick him for a little while so he can figure out what he's doing is annoying.
Kicking him most likely won't resolve the issue. First try to talk it out and ask why he is doing what he is doing. If that does not work, I'd inform an Officer what happened.Best of luck on you being accepted on the wait list :D

Blind Equilibrium

Veint wrote:
United States

GMT+7:00

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
1. You are one of the few applicants to understand the GMT Time Zone question... good job! lol... I guess my question is where exactly do you live?

Close... GMT+7 is actually somewhere in eastern China, Vietnam, or Singapore... just the difference of a sign as USA is GMT-5 through GMT-11 (Alaska/Hawaii)... maybe we should put a timezone map in the application post...

Clusterfact wrote:
Great application, Veint! Nwahs asked a lot of good questions, so I'll ask Lord Marvel's favorite question

So you actually asked Marvel's second favorite question, Nwahs already beat you to his first favorite Happy

Good app overall, and good luck in the application process... just take a page out of Ghost's book and be active on our forums if you go to waitlist and it will serve you well Happy
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
Veint wrote:
United States

GMT+7:00

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

Close... GMT+7 is actually somewhere in eastern China, Vietnam, or Singapore... just the difference of a sign as USA is GMT-5 through GMT-11 (Alaska/Hawaii)... maybe we should put a timezone map in the application post...

BLAST!! I r wrong again

Nwahs Nirom: Answering all of your questions :p

1) I live in Fontana California, it's like 1 hour from Los Angelos and and hour from the beach, it's a pretty nice location.. other than the fact that you can't see the mountains half the time due to the smog

2) I am 18, born March 15, 1993. And i work part time at a place called Jumping Jacks. It's its own small company in a small building. It's a warehouse full of jumpers and bounce houses. I supervise the kids and clean up after them. It's a pretty fun and leniant job :D Here's a link to the website http://jumpingjacksparty.com/

3)Well some of my weaknessess as a person is that i'm really sensitive. Like i can't go through a movie without shedding some sort of tear. And when i see someone else sad, i feel for them and might end up bawling like them. Not afraid to admit it :p I'm also pretty lazy when it comes to life chores. I currently live with my family and sometimes slack off and may do a bad job on my chores. My in game weaknesses .. hmm .. well, sometimes i get stressed if i wipe a boss for hours and hours and we just can't get it done, but I usually just take a break and retry until we get it done.

4)If i was ever to be an officer i would like to be responsible of making events and hosting them. Such as premades in PvP or running a raid. I have alot to give you guys. For instance, i have alot of time on my hands and can dedicate my time to making the event times and running them as well.

5) Well i read LegendKillers comment and i see that all positions are takin. But i would want to know if that's true, and if so, how long is the average time on the waitlist?

6) Ghosthonest is a friend in real life. He lives like a block behind me and we also played World of Warcraft together.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

To Clusterfact:
Well other than MMO's i play alot of variety of games. I know this may sound weird to alot of people, but i am actually not a fan of any FPS games .. other than Halo of course :D But Call of Duty, Battlefield, Counter Strike, all those games don't really interest me. I'm more of an RPG fan. Like I am in love with Bethesda and can't WAIT for Skyrim to come out :D I also can't wait for Rage to come out, and this game of course ;p But the game that I am on most of the time as of right now is League of Legends. It's an RTS type of game where you choose a champion, it's pretty dang fun.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

To Legendkiller456:
I know Ghosthonest because he is a friend in real life. He lives a block behind me. He's my older brother's best friend and he comes over constantly to talk and play Xbox or whatever :p We also played World of Warcraft together

Well, there is no average wait time. If you have read the Charter yet, you may know that you have 14 days to log in other wise you will get a PM. If you do not respond to the PM you will be removed from the community. You may apply again, though you may not be trust-worthy :P of being active. So back to the subject at hand-it may be a couple days or weeks to be put in your trials. I just re-read your question and you said to be put on the wait list lol my bad. It is up to the Admins and Envoys. May be an hour or a couple days. It all depends on how active you are on the forums.

Veint

ah, alright, thanks for the info :D

This answer was the best I've read yet!

Quote:
What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I am a very patient and determined person. I am also a very friendly person and can lighten the mood very easily. I've played many MMORPGs in my time, and whether i lose or win a PvP match (Scenario, Battleground, or Warfront), I keep on at it, because I play a support charachter, and am usually the healer, so the players depend on me just as much as I depend on others. And in PvE, if i am downing the end content of the game, I keep at it, even if it takes hours and hours. But with constant perseverance and determination, we, as a guild, eventually get it done, and we build relationships, not only as guild members, but as a family. Not only do I take the game seriously, but i also have loads of fun while doing so.

Except you left out the weaknesses, lol, but still, even though there is a wait list, don't give up, I really think you'd fit in here.

Awarded:

"I have a good feeling about this..."

I approve of you making the wait list Happy We'll see what others think.

Veint wrote:
1) I live in Fontana California, it's like 1 hour from Los Angelos and and hour from the beach, it's a pretty nice location.. other than the fact that you can't see the mountains half the time due to the smog

To Legendkiller456:
I know Ghosthonest because he is a friend in real life. He lives a block behind me. He's my older brother's best friend and he comes over constantly to talk and play Xbox or whatever :p We also played World of Warcraft together

I could throw a stone and hit you guys.... I lived Fontana up until about a month ago until I moved my family to Redlands.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum