Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

JamesSaul

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Grenomar!

ps Thank you for taking time to fill out this app!

Legendkiller456

I also just realized your in the military, thank you.

Grenomar

@Zeeto: Imprudence and belittling have absolutely nothing to do with that weakness. I just wanted to say that I tend to wear the weight of an entire guild's problems (be it wiping endlessly on content or losing an important pvp battle) on my own shoulders. And the second part of that weakness is to show that I don't like pointing out people's weaknesses, even tho it's sometimes a necessary evil. I almost never have a "bad" thing to say about anyone, and I'm hesitant to do so. I'm not sure what you mean by rank-in-file gang, but to answer your next question, hell yes. I am just one piece of the puzzle that makes up the guild, and part of a bigger picture more important that just myself. However, at the same time, I'm a unique part of the guild, and one that hopefully the guild needs to be complete.

@Clusterfact: The sense of accomplishment is what I strive for, and the ultimate sense of accomplishment for me, is to know that my guild and I are the best the server has to offer. That being said, accomplishment doesn't often go unnoticed. And if the guild is accomplishing objectives consistently, others will notice and praise the guild. Do you not get a sense of accomplishment when someone asks a random person on the server, "Hey, what's the top guild on this server?" And the person's response is, "Pax Republica." Something you've helped build from the ground up? A good community is one of the best things about playing an MMO. The last gaming community I was a member of for the last 6+ years, until it dwindled. I still keep in touch with some of those players, and that's what I'm looking for again.

@JamesSaul: You may have just missed that part of my response, but /ignore was also listed as an option to deal with the smack talker. Thanks for the compliment on the motivation response!

Thanks for your comment Legend. It's the people of America's support and patriotism that makes this job worth doing, so I thank you for that.
Lord Marvel

Thanks for straighting up that response Grenomar, now it makes much more sense, and something like that I accept Happy

Thank you for bearing with me and answering my questions Happy

Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Hello Grenomar!

Thank you for applying to Pax Republica. As I believe you are aware, we are currently at capacity and are not directly accepting applications. That said, we have a waiting list for applicants to take the spot of anyone who fails to meet our activity requirements. The thought put into your responses to our inquiries is notable and we truly appreciate the effort you have placed in your application thusfar! You seem like an individual who would make an excellent addition to the Pax Republica family and we would love to place you on the waiting list. As soon as a Trooper spot opens up, one of our lovely Trial Directors will start your trial immediately!

In the meantime, feel free to join us on the forums and in Ventrilo for some friendly gaming! Please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of our officers with questions (Or post them here, that works too :P).

Hope to see you soon!

Clusterfact

Grenomar wrote:

@Clusterfact: The sense of accomplishment is what I strive for, and the ultimate sense of accomplishment for me, is to know that my guild and I are the best the server has to offer. That being said, accomplishment doesn't often go unnoticed. And if the guild is accomplishing objectives consistently, others will notice and praise the guild. Do you not get a sense of accomplishment when someone asks a random person on the server, "Hey, what's the top guild on this server?" And the person's response is, "Pax Republica." Something you've helped build from the ground up? A good community is one of the best things about playing an MMO. The last gaming community I was a member of for the last 6+ years, until it dwindled. I still keep in touch with some of those players, and that's what I'm looking for again.

I would absolutely have a sense of accomplishment if someone said my guild was the best on the server, but not if our own members were bragging about how great we are. I guess I should have phrased what I said differently. It's okay if people know who is the best, but the best shouldn't have to remind people. You've heard of sore losing, yes? Sore winning is just as bad. Happy The only reason I bring this up is because in your application you mentioned being pretty verbal with your in-game skills. Regardless, you've been passed on to the waiting list, congratulations! Happy
Grenomar

Thanks for adding me to the waitlist! But to address your concern Cluster, I am not a braggart. But if someone messes with mine or my guild's reputation, I feel that everyone who witnessed the slander should know we will not stand for it, and I will restore the reputation that may have been lost. Actions speak louder than words, and tasteless boasting gets you nowhere but on someone's ignore list.
Legendkiller456

Grenomar wrote:
Thanks for adding me to the waitlist! But to address your concern Cluster, I am not a braggart. But if someone messes with mine or my guild's reputation, I feel that everyone who witnessed the slander should know we will not stand for it, and I will restore the reputation that may have been lost. Actions speak louder than words, and tasteless boasting gets you nowhere but on someone's ignore list.

Makes sense to me and congrats on being put on the wait list Happy

Clusterfact

Grenomar wrote:

That sounds fine to me. Happy Sorry for the flak, just doing my job. tongue out I must have misinterpreted what you wrote. Congrats again!
Grenomar

Thanks x2 and x3! I probably should've just been more specific. Written communication isn't my strongest skill. I'm more of a verbal communicator, and let my actions speak for themselves. Hopefully I'll be able to play an important role in the guild at launch!

Also, I'm very impressed with the care this guild takes in learning about new applicants. All too often I've seen a guild just instantly add a member based on an application and interview, without really making the applicant work for it. I haven't filled out too many of these since I like to find a good guild and stick around for the long haul, but this is by far the best application process I've seen to date. Kudos.
Legendkiller456

Grenomar wrote:
Thanks x2 and x3! I probably should've just been more specific. Written communication isn't my strongest skill. I'm more of a verbal communicator, and let my actions speak for themselves. Hopefully I'll be able to play an important role in the guild at launch!

btw in vent most [PR] can't make guest switch channels, only Envoys and Arbiters can.

Lord Marvel

Grenomar wrote:

Also, I'm very impressed with the care this guild takes in learning about new applicants. All too often I've seen a guild just instantly add a member based on an application and interview, without really making the applicant work for it. I haven't filled out too many of these since I like to find a good guild and stick around for the long haul, but this is by far the best application process I've seen to date. Kudos.

You can always join our vent, you can ask around who is vent mod and ask them to move you to desired channel <all Envoys, Arbiters and Consul are admins, but we have also few moderators Happy >

Grenomar

BestBuy.com still has collector's edition preorders. Just got my code, I'm good to go!
Lord Marvel

Grenomar wrote:
BestBuy.com still has collector's edition preorders. Just got my code, I'm good to go!

Cool Happy lots of people get CE, even though it`s bit expensive Happy

Now only thing that left for us is waiting for early access :D

GhostHonest

Its funny we wait for preorders.. just!! to wait for early access.. because we still have to wait till the game comes out!! ALL THIS WAITING!!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum