Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Grenomar

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Grenomar!

The application submitted by Grenomar is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
USA

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-6:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
It is my nature to be competitive in everything I do. All my real life friends and friends I've made in the MMO world can tell you that. I don't do anything to only be the second best, and I'm not content with losing. I perform at a high level consistently and strive to be the best at whatever I'm doing. Wanting to be the top performer is motivation enough for me.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: I'm very intelligent and consistently perform at a level well above the average player. I'm not a quitter, and I do my research to ensure that I'm well informed and prepared for the challenges I face.

Weaknesses: Sometimes I find myself taking on more responsibility than I should. I'll try to compensate for others faults instead of helping them identify and correct them.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Real World: I go to the gym and spend a lot of time outside. Spending time with friends is a daily activity. I love trying all different beers as well. Mmmm...

In-game: One simple word: PvP. Whether that be killing other players or running a dungeon (flashpoint) to get a new item that makes it easier for me to kill players, that's what I'm about; killing players.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR guild recruitment forums

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
To myself, sure. On vent, I keep it pretty professional.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
My expectations of the guild, if accepted, are pretty straightforward. Play to the best of your ability with consistency. If a guild member makes a mistake, he/she needs to own up to it, and do whatever is necessary to fix that mistake as soon as possible. I also want leadership that isn't afraid to let a member know that he/she just isn't cutting it, and take the necessary actions to ensure that the guild and it's members are advancing at the fastest rate achievable. That being said, we all play the game to have fun, and I expect the guild atmosphere to facilitate that.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I am an achiever and a performer. I have fun and am motivated by advancing my guild/character and proving to the opposing faction that we are, in fact, superior players. I want to build my guild's reputation not only on the server, but the community of the entire game, on a worldwide scale. I want SWTOR players to talk to each other and say, "Hey, did you see that Pax Republica PvP video where they slaughtered those Sith 2v5? They've gotta be some of the most skilled players I've ever seen."

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Pax Republica seems to have one of the most active Republic PvP communities I've seen for SWTOR. It's clear that a great deal of time has been spent on readying the guild for the launch of SWTOR just by looking at your recruitment posts and your guild site. I want the best opportunity to dominate in this game, and Pax Republica looks like it can offer me just that.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
If you were to ever meet me in real life, you wouldn't ask me this question because I am a stress free guy. Worrying and stressing does nothing but cloud your judgement (a la the dark side, lol) and negatively affect your performance, so I refuse to do it. Everyone gets frustrated, but I just self-correct and adapt, and everything goes my way in the end.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Tell him to put his money where his mouth is. Challenge him to a duel or some form of competition, and when I beat him, let everyone around know that it was I, Grenomar of Pax Republica, that put this wompa rat in his place. If he refuses my challenge, make sure everyone around knows that he's all talk. If he continues to smack-talk and not back it up, /ignore usually works pretty well, too.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I would hope that no one in the guild would do this, but IF this did somehow happen, I would just politely ask him to stop and explain how disruptive he is being. If that doesn't work, it's as simple as going through the guild's chain of command until the problem is addressed and resolved.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Grenomar - http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=13955

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I have never been in another SWTOR guild.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Crafting

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I noticed that there's no block for past MMO experience, so I'll give you a brief rundown of my notable accomplishments. My first MMO was SWG in which I joined an Imperial guild (I've switched sides Happy) and completed successful raids on opposing faction cities. Next I played Everquest 2 on the Antonia Bayle server. I joined the guild Halcyon Affinity, and achieved numerous server first and a few world first kills. WoW was the next major MMO I played, first on the Wildhammer server with the guild Neoauld. We held nearly all server firsts throughout all of vanilla and through Black Temple in Burning Crusade. Halcyon Affinity finally started a WoW chapter toward the end of Burning Crusade and I reunited with them, raiding through sunwell getting server 2nds and 3rds on the bosses in that raid. Warhammer released and Halcyon Affinity took off running in yet another game. We had server first max level 40 characters for all classes with a few world firsts. I was the server 1st/world 2nd level 40 swordmaster. Interest in that game diminished and we returned to WoW for WotLK and continued to achieve server 2nds/3rds through BoT and BD in Cataclysm.

Just to let you know, at the present time, I am deployed to Iraq and will be returning stateside around November of this year. Hopefully in time for the release of SWTOR.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Did anyone actually get a confirmed preorder for the collector's edition? lol I ordered about 10 minutes after the site went live and was told I probably wouldn't get it. :-\

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Torvos

Like your application and really hope you make it into the guild at some point =D. I would also like to thank you for your service to our country. Finally I went and preordered the collectors edition the day they came out and have it paid off and just put in my code for the early access. Couldn't say much though about buying it online =/. Once again good luck on your application!!

~Torvos

Grenomar

Thank you for your appreciation. I really couldn't believe that it said I would probably not get one. The email said they would contact me within 48 hours letting me know for sure. The 48 hour mark is coming up soon, so I've got my fingers crossed. I'm kind of a fanboy (I read Star Wars novels) so I hope my preorder comes through!
Legendkiller456

Hello Grenomar and welcome to our forums. I see that you are applying for the Trooper class, which is at full cap atm. However, if you app is accepted you will be put on the wait list to begin your trials for full membership.
Although I do have some comments though:

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Tell him to put his money where his mouth is. Challenge him to a duel or some form of competition, and when I beat him, let everyone around know that it was I, Grenomar of Pax Republica, that put this wompa rat in his place. If he refuses my challenge, make sure everyone around knows that he's all talk. If he continues to smack-talk and not back it up, /ignore usually works pretty well, too.
I personally wouldn't brag about beating him, just ignore him in the first place, but hey, that's just me :P

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I noticed that there's no block for past MMO experience, so I'll give you a brief rundown of my notable accomplishments. My first MMO was SWG in which I joined an Imperial guild (I've switched sides ) and completed successful raids on opposing faction cities. Next I played Everquest 2 on the Antonia Bayle server. I joined the guild Halcyon Affinity, and achieved numerous server first and a few world first kills. WoW was the next major MMO I played, first on the Wildhammer server with the guild Neoauld. We held nearly all server firsts throughout all of vanilla and through Black Temple in Burning Crusade. Halcyon Affinity finally started a WoW chapter toward the end of Burning Crusade and I reunited with them, raiding through sunwell getting server 2nds and 3rds on the bosses in that raid. Warhammer released and Halcyon Affinity took off running in yet another game. We had server first max level 40 characters for all classes with a few world firsts. I was the server 1st/world 2nd level 40 swordmaster. Interest in that game diminished and we returned to WoW for WotLK and continued to achieve server 2nds/3rds through BoT and BD in Cataclysm.

Just to let you know, at the present time, I am deployed to Iraq and will be returning stateside around November of this year. Hopefully in time for the release of SWTOR.

Did anyone actually get a confirmed preorder for the collector's edition? lol I ordered about 10 minutes after the site went live and was told I probably wouldn't get it. :-\
We normally do ask for some gaming history but since you've done it already, that's good Happy
As for your last comment I think a lot of ppl wanted that addition and some members looked and it said it was already sold out. I got the Digital Deluxe though, so I'm good.

Lord Marvel

Hello there Grenomar, welcome to our forum, thank you for applying to Pax Happy

You have written a very nice application, let me ask you some questions:

Grenomar wrote:
What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:

My expectations of the guild, if accepted, are pretty straightforward. Play to the best of your ability with consistency. If a guild member makes a mistake, he/she needs to own up to it, and do whatever is necessary to fix that mistake as soon as possible. I also want leadership that isn't afraid to let a member know that he/she just isn't cutting it, and take the necessary actions to ensure that the guild and it's members are advancing at the fastest rate achievable. That being said, we all play the game to have fun, and I expect the guild atmosphere to facilitate that.

I just wanted to inform you, that we are not really hardcore guild and we are not set for getting through the end content asap.
We are laid back with hardcore determination, you will never see us kicking someone from Operation, just because we have wiped once or twice because of him Happy

Grenomar wrote:
How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:

If you were to ever meet me in real life, you wouldn't ask me this question because I am a stress free guy. Worrying and stressing does nothing but cloud your judgement (a la the dark side, lol) and negatively affect your performance, so I refuse to do it. Everyone gets frustrated, but I just self-correct and adapt, and everything goes my way in the end.

So you are never stressed? Never ever? Sorry, but I find it hard to believe, everyone is stressed out once in a while, even the most patience and calm people.

Grenomar wrote:

This thing right here is what I don`t like very much in your application, as much as I like when people are defending their/guild name, duel is nice for that, but than constant bragging about it is not something that we would support...

Grenomar wrote:
Which class do you intend to play?:

Trooper

Troopers are at cap at the moment, so if your application will get accepted, you will be put on waitlist, until there will be an open spot

Grenomar wrote:

Did anyone actually get a confirmed preorder for the collector's edition? lol I ordered about 10 minutes after the site went live and was told I probably wouldn't get it. :-/

I have confirmation on my CE, and code that I redeemed at TOR site Happy

Grenomar

@Zakaryia:
I'll clarify on the smack talking question just a bit. If a player is smack talking in /whisper, there's no need to publicly announce that I have set him straight and proved myself against him, because no one knows what he said. However, if he is constantly dissing me and the guild I represent openly in /say, and people are taking notice, I feel it is my duty to defend my honor and good name. Consider this: if you and a group of friends were hanging out at a bar, and some guy randomly began rudely and excessively slandering you, right there in front of everyone and would not let up, would you sit idly by? Or would you say something to him? You can't jump straight to fighting him IRL, but that's a luxury you do have in the MMO world. More to come in answering Marvel as well, read on...

@Marvel
1. Everyone is going to wipe a raid multiple times, and there's no getting around that. And several people are going to make a mistake that has already wiped the raid before. That being said, say we're well into launch, farming content that we haven't wiped on in weeks, and all of a sudden, a single person is continually making mistakes and repeatedly wiping the raid. I'm not asking anyone to be g-kicked, but the problem needs to be addressed. Take him in a separate channel and tell him that if he doesn't improve in the next few attempts, that you're going to have to sit him out for the night or something, and let him know that his performance on this particular night is lacking. To have hardcore determination, to me, means that maybe you can't play as much as the hardcore guilds out there, but that when you are playing, you're advancing your character/guild at a high level, above the average player.

2. I can meet you half way on this and say that everyone deals with stressful situations, but it's just how I handle them that I'm trying to get across. You'll never see me pulling my hair out or gritting my teeth because I'm so stressed out I can't take it anymore. This seems pointless to me. I'm a problem solver, and when a problem like this arises, I do just that. I'll admit that I can get slightly frustrated, just as everyone can, but I just keep a positive mindset and deal with the problems as logically as possible.

3. I never said anything about constant bragging. I've always been taught that humility is very important. I was also raised to believe that you only get one chance to make a first impression, and if someone is continually smack talking you in front of everyone, it needs to be addressed. What are people going to think if your recruitment boasts that you're an international PvP guild looking to dominate the scene on your server? Yet you won't duel (PvP) someone to prove that you do just that, dominate. It's all friendly in nature, and we play this game to be the best. I'm not looking to humiliate anyone, but I definitely want people on the server to know that I am the best around. Through my actions, not constant bragging. (This is for you too, Zakaryia)

4. OK

5. You are one of a lucky few. Still waiting on my confirmation or otherwise email, lol.
Lord Marvel

Grenomar wrote:
3. I never said anything about constant bragging. I've always been taught that humility is very important. I was also raised to believe that you only get one chance to make a first impression, and if someone is continually smack talking you in front of everyone, it needs to be addressed. What are people going to think if your recruitment boasts that you're an international PvP guild looking to dominate the scene on your server? Yet you won't duel (PvP) someone to prove that you do just that, dominate.

I`m not talking about not dueling or destroying someone in PvP, I`m all for that. This is why our guild was made, to dominate server PvP wise Happy

Grenomar wrote:
It's all friendly in nature, and we play this game to be the best. I'm not looking to humiliate anyone, but I definitely want people on the server to know that I am the best around. Through my actions, not constant bragging. (This is for you too, Zakaryia)

You say you don`t want to humiliate anyone, but defeating someone in duel/fight and than talking to everyone about how you got him, how unskilled he is etc. is humiliating for that person.
At least I am taking talking about it like that.

Grenomar

Let me use an example to clarify, because I believe that this is one of the most fun aspects of PvP in an MMO. When I was in the Neoauld guild on the Wildhammer server, there was a particular human rogue name Raiyn, who was the BIGGEST trash talker on the server. Not just in game tho, he smack talked on the forums, too. He claimed to be the best pvp rogue on the server, and would trash anyone he killed in game.

Just so happened he started trash talking one of our feral druids after he ganked him while the druid (Noheal) was farming. Noheal was probably the best feral druid on the server at the time, hands down, so he challenged him to a best 2/3 duel on the forums.

The day came, and they met outside the gates of Ironforge, just down the hill in a little circular area, a prime location for duels. But it wasn't just those two. There were at least 50+ players there, all ready to witness this duel between greats. Raiyn won the first duel, and Noheal won the second; this was getting intense. The 3rd duel got underway and looked very close. Too close for Raiyn, who vanished and waited around for more than 5 minutes for his health to regen and cooldowns to reset. It was like the duel started over. Again, too close for Raiyn, who did the same thing once more! Longest duel I've ever witnessed in that game. Third time was a charm for Noheal who sent Raiyn and his big mouth to the graveyard.

After the duels, Dun Morogh erupted into battle between alliance and horde. It was the talk of the server for months, and Noheal set right his good name and gained a lot of respect for the guild.

This is what I'm talking about. It's rivalry, and it's gaining positive reputation for yourself and the guild. Becoming a legend on the server or even across multiple servers. No one present will forget that duel.

Raiyn wasn't humiliated; some people are just better players. Raiyn needed a lesson in humility himself, and sometimes you have to prove in front of others that you're better to teach one player an important lesson.

Hope this clarifies a bit.
Grenomar

Oh, and by the way, I talked to an EA CSR and he told me to expect an email Monday about my collector's edition. Said they were down to the last 10% of them. Still crossing my fingers and holding my breath!!
GhostHonest

Good luck!! the odds are agianst you! Though I'm surpised they went and sold out not even 2h of release of pre-order! AMAZING!!

Legendkiller456

[quote="Grenomar"]@Zakaryia:
I'll clarify on the smack talking question just a bit. If a player is smack talking in /whisper, there's no need to publicly announce that I have set him straight and proved myself against him, because no one knows what he said. However, if he is constantly dissing me and the guild I represent openly in /say, and people are taking notice, I feel it is my duty to defend my honor and good name. Consider this: if you and a group of friends were hanging out at a bar, and some guy randomly began rudely and excessively slandering you, right there in front of everyone and would not let up, would you sit idly by? Or would you say something to him? You can't jump straight to fighting him IRL, but that's a luxury you do have in the MMO world. More to come in answering Marvel as well, read on...
Hey I'm just saying that's what I would say, and call me Legend or Legendkiller :P

GhostHonest

Can we call you eclipse?!

Pax Eternus

Hey Grenomar, and welcome.

I see that you are good at MMO's. Because if you weren't, you'd get shut down pretty hard the first day of not performing with an app like that. Gameplay skills I think are a great asset, only second to good camaraderie. My doubts are not about the former, but the latter.

What worries me is what you listed as a weakness:

Quote:
Sometimes I find myself taking on more responsibility than I should. I'll try to compensate for others faults instead of helping them identify and correct them.

What weakness would 'taking on more responsibility than you should' be? Imprudence? And what weakness would compensating for others be? Belittling?

Here at Pax, we try to take care of all the responsibilities, and faults are identified and addressed. If this is the case, are you prepared to settle in and just see yourself as one of the rank-and-file gang? Are you prepared for your enemies to not remember your name but only your guild?

Hey Grenomar, thanks for taking the time to check us out. Happy Your application was very detailed and had a lot going for it, but there were some other things that worried me a bit.

First off, you sound like a very competent player and a valuable resource to any team you would be a part of, but just from your application I'm already seeing signs that you may have a hard time with the part of our article outlining humility. It's good to want to be the best, but it isn't necessary for everyone else to know.

I'm also getting the feeling that you are more concerned with advancing yourself and your guild for the bragging rights, not the sense of accomplishment that comes with the turf, as you mentioned trying to compensate for other's faults instead of trying to help them better themselves.

Pax Republica's motto is: "It's not what you achieve, but who you achieve it with." We take that motto very seriously as the guild leader forc- uh, encourages, everyone to know the phrase. Being the top guild on the server we choose will be a goal for us, but a secondary goal behind having the strongest community on our server.

I admire your dedication to being the best that you can and I think if you can work along our goals and guidelines you would be a welcome addition to Pax Republica. Happy

If you can clarify on some of these concerns that would be fantastic. Other than that, good luck and thank you for serving my country. big grin
JamesSaul

Quote:
It is my nature to be competitive in everything I do. All my real life friends and friends I've made in the MMO world can tell you that. I don't do anything to only be the second best, and I'm not content with losing. I perform at a high level consistently and strive to be the best at whatever I'm doing. Wanting to be the top performer is motivation enough for me.

i love this answer! its all ways good to have a certain drive.

one thing does bother me and it was brought up lord M.
your answer bothers me because it sounds hostile. Isn't blocking that player or ignoring him an option.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum