Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Bucnakhan

re: Finder's Keepers [PBP]

*Nar Shaddar: Meditation room of Lord Depravous*

Alina enters the darkend room, her master, shrowded in shadow seems but a shadow himself.

"My Master, we have intercepted a faint distress signal"

"Survivors?" Questions Depravous.

"It seems so My Lord, and we have a general fix on their location"

"Good, good Alina, and my ship? All is in readiness?"

"Yes My Lord, we are ready to launch."

"Then we leave at once. Send a secure transmition to the Mantis. Inform them that we are investigating the crash"

"At once My Lord."

"Also contact the Watchers on Nal Hutta, tell them to be alert for any news of interest."

"Yes My Lord."

Rising smoothly Depravous let his robes settle around him. With but a flick of his will his lightsaber flew to his hand. Clipping it to his belt he followed his apprentice, their footfalls silent in the corridors of his Keep.

"Hmph, I thought we discussed that story before. Really long hard to explain. But long story short, he ends up getting a medal and my master's old lightsaber. We keep in touch, but...I could not roll with this gungan for too long."Jareth said laughing as he finished.

"HEY, what is that supposed to mean?!"Dar Dar said sounding hurt as he stayed on Jareth's shoulder.

"Oh nothing, now we really need to get moving we are getting closer to the signal."Jareth finished as he threw Dar Dar off his shoulders.
Markis. D Thatch

Thatch laughed as the Gungan hit the marsh. "Get moving or get left behind DarDar...We aren't stopping till we link up with the main squad." Boltz turned his head to examine DarDar. "It would appear that this Gungan has force abilities...if that were true then the mild toxins from that fruit should have had little affect on him..."

Thatch smirked as he stepped gingerly around several sink holes. "Sounds like DarDar is pretty smart...Trying to get a free ride from you Jareth...too bad he couldn't keep his composure..." Thatch leapt over a stream of sludge and landed on the edge of the forest. As Thatch stood and waited for his squad mates to catch up with him Boltz jolted on his shoulder and turned his head to look into the forest.

"Sir...I believe that I am detecting a comlink frequency very close by..."

Crox Rava

Crox and Zoron had been slogging through the muck for over an hour when they arrived at the next rise. "I envy that helmet right about now, Zor..." Crox's nose wrinkled at the fetid swamp gas. He was grateful for the relatively dry earth raising out of the bog in front of them. He climbed to the top and powered up his viewfinder again. "Visibility's still trash. I'm surprised we haven't encountered more fauna by now. Is this what passes for winter on Nal Hutta?"

Photobucket
Zoron Ror

"I'm more worried about the creatures on this force forsaken planet, I hear the chemlizards actually live off this pollution!" Zoron said thinking how much he missed his homeworld of Dantooine, but thought the reason he was out here was to protect his home and countless other planets from Imperial rule . Scanning the barren scene he paused when he saw a rock outcropping in the distance.

"Check the rocks over there at 1 O'Clock" Zoron said to Crox. As Crox brought up the viewfinder, he thought he saw movement near the rocks but didn't say anything to Crox, I'm probably just jumpy he thought to himself. "What do you think Crox?"

The agent spoke quickly in an almost distracted flat tone, like a droid realing of a shopping list. Then span her chair around to lock eyes with the Zabrak, "I believe the Empire has decided that if the Hutta get their hands on our goods we are to offer any price they ask.. whether or not your orders are to honour it is up to you" She studies for a reaction.. some clue as to the intentions there.

Ysme returned her expression, holding her gaze in her own deep blank pools of nothingness. She saw within the agents mind a dark void of nothingness, a place she knew well. Yes ,....she would do well with the right direction.

The agent broke contact and continued her auto brief this time focussing her attnetion on the new Bounty Hunter prospect that was accompanying her.

The bounty hunter, broke into a babble about credits and the mission, all of it inconsequential, trivial to the greater plan but it was of little consequence. If the new prospect was on edge and keen to please, to destory then that was good.

The raw waves of destructive force that these tow new prospects genenrated as what drew her to them, and them to her.

“Good,.....you have until we make planetfall minus 2 to execute the plan then you will follow us, removing any hinderances to our mission completion. Any deviations and our agreement will be terminated. And remember you are under trial and it never pays to disapoint.” Ysme looked at her new agent of destruction and gave her a knowing smile.

Moving past her new prospect to the airlock and docked shuttle Ysme spoke in the low, confident tones of the assured.

“Come, we have business below, ready your craft for planetfall”

With that the zabrak focussed on her force shielding, projecting a ball of black nothingness into the void. They would know something was coming but no way to know just exactly what.
Crox Rava

Crox smiled at last. "Looks like home to me, Zor." He deactivated the viewfinder and slipped it into a large side-pocket, then checked the power cores in his mother-of-pearl gripped blasters. "Of course there's a fair chance we'll have to evict some poor creature before we settle in. I like it, though. Low profile, and we had to hike quite a bit from the crash site and the beacon." He thumbed the com on his wrist. "We've found our shelter, Aima. Get Riddly to help you haul the artifact toward this location. I suggest we bury it here for safekeeping. We're setting up camp about two clicks north-northeast." Crox hopped rather cheerfully back into the muck, eager to set up camp and get off of his feet. He flicked his blasters to high power as he half turned back to Zoron. "Alright! Let's go meet the neighbors."

Photobucket
Qukatt

As the two disengage from her ship as the begin descent through the Layers of rancid atmosphere of Nal Hutta, accelerating now that she was free to and hitting the stride for a big fiery bombing run. Sin'yavend felt a small rush of pleasure as she engaged all available firepower.

She dropped stealth from the ship, something she wouldn't normally do but chaos is chaos and it would be a great distraction in her direction.. with any luck they might even come for her. Easy.

Sin lets off everything she has, swooping low enough to brush the canopy knowing that she'll be unlikely to see the ship again.

A few blasts along the path she realises she's laughing..
Areku99

Aima looked to Riddly. "Help me get the artifact. We need to move two clicks northeast and bring it there. No witnesses."

A thought flicks on in Sin's mind, crystal clear and she immediately stops laughing.

"DIstress signal all channels.." She says, starting to tear up and become hysterical, "Help! They're trying to kill me!"

And with that she turns her ship sharply towards the ground with a grin...
Riddly Dun

Riddly nods his head "You got no argument from me! I'll make sure that bad boy stays hidden and so will I" He rushes over to the artifact and places it under his care. Then he takes a looks at his belt changes some setting almost disappears from sight. "I have my stealth belt set on low, This should save on energy and keep me and the artifact hidden." After a moment or two of preparation they begin to move toward the waypoint that Aima pointed out.

Last edited by Riddly Dun on July 24, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Syrena sit's in the pilot seat back on the shuttle and lifts her helm off letting her hair fall comftably into place she turns and looks at Ysme who has a twisted smile on her face.

"Do you really trust this Twi'lek? I mean i read her body movements and she seems very psycopathic im concerned she may endanger the mission."

Syrena turns back around and flicks some switch's and there's some bleep's and blop's.

"Ok Mistress, i have put on the stealth generator and we shall break atmosphere in a few minutes not like i need to tell you to brace yourself or anything but you look like your going to love this."

"Whatever we find down there." She mutter's.
Aveyn Tamai

Despite the fact that they'd been working at a brisk pace the past two weeks, no one in the small Corellian freighter seemed tired. It would come eventually of course, the drop of adrenaline, the breaks of focus. These things were inevitable when you pushed yourself to extremes, and eventually everyone, even Jedi, had a crash.

It was something Aveyn Tamai was well aware of, having witnessed and been through it countless times. All the artificial stimulants in the galaxy couldn't stop it, and at this point, she was starting to feel a measure of concern for the two younger Jedi that had been with her, particularly Vanden, her padawan. Nolan...while he was quiet, she knew he had the foresight to speak up if he needed someone else to pilot for awhile, or felt ill in any way. At least she hoped so.

Vanden however, she was never entirely sure about. He was bright, and generally friendly with people. He always asked fantastic questions, had insightful comments, everything a Master could hope for. Yet he was still young, and Aveyn knew full well how stubborn she had been at that age, particularly when trying to prove something. To make matters even more concerning, he had been forced to split from the group, taking a number of the children back to Pax. He'd be fine on his own but...she sighed softly, only to have her reverie broken by the sound of Nolan calling her to the cockpit of his ship.

So it was the healer found herself standing over Nolan's shoulder in the cockpit, staring at the string of a distress code she knew, her reports of the past two weeks discarded to the side. All the thoughts and concerns of her own team were pushed back into the recesses of her mind for the moment, for as it seemed...someone from Pax was in a bind.

"Whatever happened, the beacon they dropped wasn't in good shape...the co-ordinates it's trying to send are garbage," she furrowed her brow, gray eyes sharp and focused. "It's definitely somewhere on Nal Hutta but..." she shook her head slightly, "Maybe if we cross reference from some maps we can get a general location, as it is the beacon seems to think it's in a few places at once."

Last edited by Aveyn Tamai on August 3, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bucnakhan

*Aboard Lord Depravous' shuttle orbiting Nal Hutta*

The flight from Nar Shaddar had been brief. Alina brought the shuttle into a holding orbit above the Hutt Capital and began scanning the comm channels. While she did this Depravous closed his eyes and cleared his mind, opening himself to the world below. To him the world below became alive in the force, the energy of millions of beings spilling up from the planet filling the surrounding space.

Turning towards his apprentice he awaited her report.

"Comm channels are clear My Lord. If news of the crash has reached the Hutts they are keeping quiet about it. Wait... incoming transmission My Lord."

"Who is it?"

"Nal Hutta Plantary Control, they wish to know our purpose and destination"

"Tell them we are hunting Chem Lizards in the Jungle Region. Also transmit payment of the usual fee's and bribes, then begin scanning the Jungle Region and find a suitable landing site."

As Alina completed her tasks Depravous once again opened his mind to the force. Searching, hunting.

The zabrak stood looking at the back of the Bounty Hunters head and out beyoond into space....concentrating. The pilot removed her helm letting her hair fall comfortably into place then turned to meet the dark gaze.

"Do you really trust this Twi'lek? I mean i read her body movements and she seems very psycopathic im concerned she may endanger the mission."
The smile dropped, “Trust is like your beloved credits, something that must be earned”

Syrena turns back around and flicks some switch's and there's some bleep's and blop's.

"Ok Mistress, i have put on the stealth generator and we shall break atmosphere in a few minutes not like i need to tell you to brace yourself or anything but you look like your going to love this."

"Whatever we find down there."
She mutter's.

Ysme shifted,

“Home in on whatever rebel beacon you can pick up on and place us a safe but quick travel distance from it.”

She paced up closer to the flight screen. Her face a calm emotionless picture of concentration .

“It is down there, I can sense it. And others will be coming for it too. We must make this swift”
With that she turned and lowered herself into a co pilots seat.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: