Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Matternous
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

Namluck

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Matternous!

I would have become a police officer if I didn't join the Army. I studied criminal justice in college, but now I am working in the medical services field in the Army.

Best of luck on your app! Stay active on the forums and try to get to know people on vent.

Thanks for the descriptive reply Lon Shevu, you seem much more informed about it than I am. I still have a while to go and I'm not completely sure if LE is the right way for me. If I decide it's what I want to do then I will research it more, but for now I just want to take it slow because I'm on my summer break.

Also, do I have to wait to see if I'm accepted and put on trial before I can get on vent with you guys?
Lon Shevu

No problem Matternous. You seem to have plenty of time to make up your mind on what you plan on pursuing. Another bit of advice I'd recommend is to look into and see if your local PD or SO offers a Cadet/Explorer program. It's a good way to get in, do ride alongs, and see what LE is about. The FBI also offers internships if you do plan on pursuing that route in college.

Also you can hope onto Vent and chat anytime. Just adhere by the guild charter if you do - but I don't think that should be an issue for you.

A friend of mine used to be a Fed. She says if you want to make the FBI your best academic pursuits are accounting or Spanish/Mandarin. Seriously. That was a while back and like Lon said the economy is bonkers so who knows what they'd be looking for these days.

Photobucket
nolongeramember

They do have an explorer program here. My brother did it when he was young and he said he'd take me to get signed up at some point. I'll try to get on vent sometime soon and introduce myself.

And Crox, with the research I've done they still say those are two of the best pursuits for joining the FBI. Kind of a let down for me as neither seem interesting.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hi Matternous! Thanks for applying and good job staying active in answering questions and stuff!

I just wanted to elaborate on the waitlist thing. So although you'd be on the waitlist and not an official member or even a Trainee, you would still be highly welcomed and encouraged to post on our forums and stay active with us. The longer you do that and the more we get to know you, the easier your Trial will be, the more fun you'll have, and the more you'll learn whether you even want to join our guild or not.

Also, you never know... as a guild and as an administration, when it comes to who we let in the guild and keep in the guild, we really go by feel of personalities and quality of a person's character, so if you really impressed us, there's a small chance you could even be taken off a waitlist early, even if there's a cap, and especially if anyone ahead of you on the waitlist is not active or whatever. Not saying we've ever done this or would ever do this, but it's in the realm of possibility.

Either way, the concept of our waitlist and membercap is to ensure we have the most dedicated XXX number of members at any time, with no "parasites" or members that don't fit in. And the cap may rise or fall, but if you stay dedicated and show your desire to join, you will eventually get in, if you're a good person, no doubt about it.

Hope that helps, and I strongly believe you should be added to the waitlist for Troopers, but it's mostly up to the Trooper Captain, Lord Marvel :D

EDIT (Addition): Also, sorry that you thought there was a spot open... it can be hard to keep that TOR thread updated sometimes. But yeah, again if you stick with it you'll get in soon enough, and definitely stick with the class you plan to play, because all classes are full right now and we want you to be happy with the class you sign up for, not play a class just because "we need it!"

Last edited by Nwahs on July 13, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Thanks Nwahs, I'm really impressed by this guild community. It is definitely one of the most active and responsive guilds I've ever seen. I don't mind the waitlist at all, I'm very glad you have it. This is the first guild I've seen that's gone to such lengths to ensure their members are active. I would very much like to be a part of this guild and I look forward to playing with all of you.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Awesome man, glad to hear it! Obviously the Arbiters or the Consul could add you too, they certainly have the authority, not just Captain Marvel Happy Honestly, the way we do things, any officer could approve you and we'd all trust in the decision by the officer, so I could add you, but I'd rather let your class captain have the honors!

Congratulation on getting into waitlist Matternous. (sorry it took so long ^_^`)
When we will have free spot for Trooper you will be put on trial Happy
Until than you are free to interact with our members (we are encouraging to do so ;) )and feel free to post in any part of the forum that is available to you Happy

If you would have any questions or concerns, please don`t hesitate to PM me, or any of the officers Happy

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Lord Marvel wrote:
Congratulation on getting into waitlist Matternous. (sorry it took so long ^_^`)
When we will have free spot for Trooper you will be put on trial Happy
Until than you are free to interact with our members (we are encouraging to do so ;) )and feel free to post in any part of the forum that is available to you Happy

If you would have any questions or concerns, please don`t hesitate to PM me, or any of the officers Happy

Put on trial sounds scary

Thanks a lot Lord Marvel! I'm very excited to be a part of this guild.

And yeah, "put on trial" does sound scary.
Lord Marvel

Hey Matternous,

Congratulation, you are now officially accepted into trial, please post here if you are still interested in joining Pax Happy

nolongeramember

Very interested! I can't wait to be a member of this awesome community!
HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Complete
Trial Phase 2: Complete
Trial Phase 3: Complete

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 7/24/2011 and ending 7/31/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 new posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done
You're starting Phase 1 at 44 posts and must reach 59 posts to pass this requirement of Phase 1.

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7125174&gid=118791&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview Click Here. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. (note: a game with us is optional vent is not, this may be completed in the first phase) Done

9. You must make 15 new posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 2).
You're starting phase 2 at 63 posts and must reach 78 posts to pass this requirement of phase 2.
Done

Phase 3

10. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed your trials (whether or not they want you to be a member!) so sit back and good luck! Done

Last edited by HybridLee on August 7, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 5 times in total
Lon Shevu

Good luck on your trials Matternous.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum