Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Matternous
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 12 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

nolongeramember

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Matternous!

The application submitted by Matternous is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
USA

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Highschool

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I've always been motivated by the desire to do a good job at whatever position I'm in. I want to excel and to be successful in my guild, both for my own personal satisfaction and for everyone else.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: I'm a team player can contribute in a social community.
Weaknesses: I'm still in high school so that might get in the way of some schedules, but don't let my age make you think I'm immature.
EDIT: I'm a debater for sure and some times it can cause conflict, but I'll try my best not to let that happen.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy many types of video games, and I also participate in high school sports. Every weekend I'm usually out with my friends at least once. I work out and train every day but other than that, it's usually video games for me.
EDIT: I have mainly played console games as I have not had that great of a PC for very long. Some of my favorite games are Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The MGS series, and LoZ: Ocarina of Time. The game that I have played more than anything else is SWG before the Pre-CU. I wrestled at the JV level as a freshman, but wasn't too great at it. About a few months ago I figured out basketball is my true calling. (:
Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Through a guild search on SWTOR.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No, no that often at all.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Based on the website and recruitment thread, this appears to be a very active and well organized guild. It's very impressive how detailed and coordinated things are here.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I've played many MMO's (mostly Galaxies), and I can contribute my learned skills and ability to work well in a group.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I tried starting my own guild but was disappointed with the lack of progress. I didn't want to take my chances with a smaller guild and this one has exactly what I'm looking for.
EDIT: I was looking for a semi-large PvP and PvE guild that did not have a large emphasis on RPing. I also liked how this guild tries to really involve its community.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
Play another game or go outside and play sports. It helps me to forget. Also talking to other people helps.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Blow it off and see if he gets bored. He's probably just trying to provoke an emotional response.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Ask him to stop and then mute him.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Matternous http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1050459

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I was in my own, short-lived guild by the name of Onyx. I had only one other member but I decided I wanted to be part of something larger, and join early enough as to where I can get to know the community before the game launches.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Nope.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper
EDIT: Oh, I did not know that trooper was capped. I was excited when I saw that on the recruitment thread there was one spot left for trooper, but that must not be current then.

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I've been part of many guilds and I know how to contribute as a player and a friend. I'm really looking forward to joining this guild if you're willing to accept me!

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Who are Pax's allies and adversaries?
EDIT: If I am put on the wait list, is the only way to get in is if another trooper leaves the guild?
EDIT (again): Do you guys all make your own sigs?!

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by nolongeramember on August 4, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Matternous

Hello there Matternous, thank you for taking time and applying to Pax Happy

Your application is not very lengthy, but you are well into our requirements and your answers are to the point.

Few questions and information for you for:

Matternous wrote:
What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: I'm a team player can contribute in a social community.
Weaknesses: I'm still in high school so that might get in the way of some schedules, but don't let my age make you think I'm immature.

We never associate age with maturity, maturity is something that you need to get by yourself, it is not given when you get x years old ;) so no worries here:)

I would like to ask, is your problem with time really your only weakness?

Matternous wrote:
What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy many types of video games, and I also participate in high school sports. Every weekend I'm usually out with my friends at least once. I work out and train every day but other than that, it's usually video games for me.

Could you please go briefly over your gaming history?

I would like to know, what sports you participate in.

Matternous wrote:
What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I tried starting my own guild but was disappointed with the lack of progress. I didn't want to take my chances with a smaller guild and this one has exactly what I'm looking for.

Could you please elaborate on the marked part?

Matternous wrote:
Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

I need to inform you, that atm Troopers are at cap, and if your application will get accepted, you will be put on waitlist till we will have free spot.
In the meantime, we encourage to try to get to know our guildies more by interacting with them through forum and ventrilo.

nolongeramember

Edited my post to answer your questions. Thanks for the reply!
Crox Rava

Welcome to the forums, Matternus! Application looks alright to me, good luck!

Photobucket
nolongeramember

Thanks a lot, really hoping to get into this guild!

EDIT: You guys all have such sick sigs.
Legendkiller456

Application a little on the short side, but other than that, I think it is good. If your app is excepted, we encourage you to get on our vent and get to know some of us Happy

nolongeramember

Thanks a lot! I knew it was a little short when I posted it, but I didn't want to add in meaningless information just to make it look longer. I'm hoping I can get to know you all soon!
Clusterfact

Hey, Matternous! I just finished reading your application. My application was also pretty to the point if I remember correctly lol. I just thought I'd ask you a question. Happy

What are some areas of study you enjoy? Do you know what you want to do when you get out of school?

And to answer your question about our guild relations, we don't have anything super official, but we are on good terms with the Republic guild, House of Karrdes and we are "frenemies" with the Empire guilds, Kajidic and Reign. These are healthy rivalries, not antagonistic ones and many of our members have had game nights with them and such. It's quite cozy around here even with all the blasters point at us. Happy
nolongeramember

Thanks, Clusterfact. To answer your question, I'm not entirely sure what I want to major in criminal justice. Ever since I was young I've thought it would be cool to be a police officer and help the community. I also want a government job for the great benefits they offer, and the beginning salaries are competitive.
Legendkiller456

Criminal justice huh, that's what I want to major in :D
FBI for me

Lord Marvel

Matternous wrote:
And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Who are Pax's allies and adversaries?

Official Allies:

House of Karrdes

Official Adversaries:

Reign

Kajidic

Matternous wrote:
EDIT: If I am put on the wait list, is the only way to get in is if another trooper leaves the guild?

Or if we will rise member cap, which may, but not must happen somewhere around launch of the game.

Matternous wrote:
EDIT (again): Do you guys all make your own sigs?!

Well some are, Clusterfact made his own,

My was made by Finx, he is very, very good with such stuff,

If you see Chibi signature, than it is masterpiece by our lovely Trial Director Tcyiora,

Lately some members have made their sigs on this site:

http://www.enjin.com/swtor-signature-generator
< many thanks to Nerd Rage aka Gaius Septimus fo finding this site Happy >

nolongeramember

Thanks for the sig generator. Very cool.
Clusterfact

Lord Marvel wrote:

Official Allies:

House of Karrdes

Official Adversaries:

Reign

Kajidic

It's official? Yay! I have official enemies! big grin

One of my good friends just changed his major in college from exercise and health sciences to political science with the hopes of doing criminal justice. One of the jobs I've been looking it at is for my state's Department of Natural Resources and I would basically be a cop, just not as cop-like. More dealing with poachers and licenses and stuff. Happy

Edit: Quote box malfunction.
nolongeramember

Oh that sounds cool Clusterfact. I have the long term goal of joining the FBI, but I'll probably just try to be a cop first.
Lon Shevu

Legendkiller456 wrote:
Criminal justice huh, that's what I want to major in :D
FBI for me

Matternous wrote:
Oh that sounds cool Clusterfact. I have the long term goal of joining the FBI, but I'll probably just try to be a cop first.

Not to derail this app thread but I figured I'd pop in for some helpful advice. A lot of people who want to go into law enforcement make the mistake thinking that LE agencies (local/state/federal) will look more favorably on criminal justice degrees, which isn't the case - especially in this economy and the large hiring pool they can select applicants from.

Go for a degree in a physical science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc), business, second-language (this doesn't include spanish and french), etc. Most LE agencies have extremely stingy hiring standards and the FBI more so. Just check out the FBI website if you're serious about going into that field.

And the single most important thing to do? Stay out of trouble. wink Not to say you couldn't have made a few minor mistakes in life here and there, but keeping a spotless background goes a long way and makes things much easier.

Anyways back on topic - well written application and answers Matternous. You seem to have your head on straight. Also, don't be discouraged by the waitlist. This is a large guild and the brass actively purges inactive members. Best of luck on your trials if you decide to stick around and wait out the waitlist.

Last edited by Lon Shevu on July 10, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum