Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SonicBoomS
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 16 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

SonicBoomS

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, SonicBoomS!

The application submitted by SonicBoomS is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Setting attainable and realistic goals for myself motivates me to strive for achievement. I know it may sound cheesy but setting goals for myself helps me bring out the best I can be in life, in terms of potential and ambition. For example, I am currently a Senior in college and my short-term goal is to graduate as soon as I can so I can apply what I have learned in the real world. My long-term goal is to hopefully become an executive in a Fortune 500 corporation. While my short-term goal is obviously within reach and completely attainable, my long-term goal may seem a bit far-fetched and outlandish. BUT, having set that long-term goal for myself will only serve to push me further to reach it until I am able to achieve it.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I'd like to think my main personal strengths revolve around setting goals and achieving them, as I've described in the previous question. Whether it be homework, video games, playing sports, reading a book, or working, I always start that task by setting a goal for myself. If I have to read thirteen chapters of a textbook in one day, I'll stop at nothing until I've read it. If I want to reach level 30 in a video game from level 20, I won't stop until I get there. If I'm playing basketball, I'll give it my all to help my team win because I hate losing. That said, I guess that in turn can also factor into a weakness for me as I set my focus on a goal and will not stop until I achieve it.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Aside from playing video games, I enjoy playing basketball and hanging out with my friends and girlfriend. Basketball has always been a big part of my life, as I can honestly say that the sport has helped me become the ambitious, confident, caring, and disciplined individual I am today. It is because of basketball that I am able to have the patience, drive, and hunger to strive to be the best I can be everyday; as a person, athlete, student, boyfriend, friend, employee, and gamer. The sport has taught me much about life.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR Website

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Nope, in fact I strive to refrain from cussing.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect the leadership of Pax Republica and all of its members to be courteous, helpful, understanding, considerate, and above all: FUN. As I view guilds as a community of friends, I expect all of its members to treat each other as such. Furthermore, I expect the leaders of Pax Republica to be just that: leaders. Members may build a guild, but I think it's up to a guild's leadership to help it stick together and strive to reach newer heights.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
First and foremost, I believe I am a competitive player. Call me wrong, but I always believe in being the best at what you do, including video games. There are very few things in a video game that bring me more pleasure than "being the last man standing" or being at the top of the leaderboard. This goes back to what I said about setting my goals in that I want to bring out my fullest potential. Furthermore, I can't stress enough the importance of guilds in an MMO. As I have previously stated, I believe guilds as a community of friends where you can turn to in times of need or help. That said, I believe I can fill a variety of roles in a guild. I believe I have leadership qualities that few possess (forgive me for my "ego") and I believe that I am one of the nicest, most helpful, most considerate, most disciplined individuals I've ever met (again, forgive me for my "ego")!

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I was very impressed at how developed and how organized Pax Republica is, including its website. I've "scouted" a few other guilds on the SWTOR Forums but I eventually came out empty handed. I know I haven't met any of Pax Republica's leadership or members, but judging from what I've seen so far on this website, I am almost convinced that this guild may be for me. And I know that we shouldn't "judge a book by its cover", but I look at many of the other guilds in SWTOR and none of them come close to the level of organization Pax Republica currently has.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I play video games to relax and get my mind off of things in reality, plain and simple. I rarely get stressed in-game, but if I do many will probably not even notice it. I'm as disciplined as one comes. In reality, I deal with stress by playing basketball, playing video games, or hanging out with my friends and girlfriend. Stress is non-existant in my vocabulary.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I react by simply ignoring them. I feel that there is no use in fighting fire with fire and getting mad in video games, I simply can't do that. Moreover, if I was in Pax Republica, talking smack back at that person will most likely cast a shadow over its members. It's like Mickey Mouse cussing out Bug Bunny, casting a shadow over Disney and making them out to be the bad guy, in turn damaging its integrity. The ignore list is probably the best solution to this scenario.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I would politely ask that person to refrain from making those noises, as I assume it annoys everyone else on that Ventrilo channel as well. If the person continues to do so and ignores requests by other members and myself to stop, I would simply notify the leadership of Pax Republica.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
SonicBoomS http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=23690

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
As previously stated, I sincerely believe that I am one of the nicest, most helpful, and most courteous people in an MMO. Should you accept my application, I believe both Pax Republica and myself will have gained a valuable asset.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
What is the generally age range of the guild and when exactly does/will the guild meet in-game when the game launches?

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by SonicBoomS on July 6, 2011 2:03 am; edited 2 times in total
EthanReilly

Wow, I am impressed by this application. This application is better than mine, and I spent like two hours writing mine! I don't know what to say, besides, I hope you become a member! Remember to answer any questions people might ask you, so far you look like a prime candidate for this guild! big grin
timaselj

The app is pretty good, but I think you'll be put on the waitlist if your app is approved. We are full...

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
SonicBoomS

EthanReilly wrote:
Wow, I am impressed by this application. This application is better than mine, and I spent like two hours writing mine! I don't know what to say, besides, I hope you become a member! Remember to answer any questions people might ask you, so far you look like a prime candidate for this guild! big grin

timaselj wrote:
The app is pretty good, but I think you'll be put on the waitlist if your app is approved. We are full...

awesome, thanks for the feedback! Yeah I just noticed that the recruitment is full, I'm perfectly fine with that... I just hope I am approved! tongue out
Martonian

wow this really is a good app, i have to be honest and say about half the time i skim aps, but yours made me read all the way through. I especially like what you put about goals. And it never hearts that you plan to be a consular. lolz

Good luck to you chief.

SonicBoomS

Nerd Rage wrote:
wow this really is a good app, i have to be honest and say about half the time i skim aps, but yours made me read all the way through. I especially like what you put about goals. And it never hearts that you plan to be a consular. lolz

Good luck to you chief.

thanks a lot!! hahaha yeah I guess we can all say the same about apps/resumes in that we sort of skim them, but means a lot to hear you read it all!!.... appreciate the feedback!
Martonian

also my advice to you is do your best to be as active on both our forums and our vent as you can, it always helps to get your name out there and well known during the early periods of the application process.

SonicBoomS

Nerd Rage wrote:
also my advice to you is do your best to be as active on both our forums and our vent as you can, it always helps to get your name out there and well known during the early periods of the application process.

sounds good!.... but does that only apply if I get approved or could I start checking out Vent and the rest of the forums at will?
Aveyn Tamai

I just want to add...don't apologize for being confident in your abilities!

There's a time and place for modesty, and if you have awesome team leadership, don't be afraid to admit it. It's a viable and important skill.

This is kinda like a job application, don't sell yourself short :D

...and by all means you can start looking at the forums now if you like, just give the Charter a read and make sure you follow the rules!
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: SonicBoomS

Hello SonicBoomS, thank you for taking time and applying to Pax:)

Your application is a very good one, leghty and with much of details Happy

I will ask you few question:

SonicBoomS wrote:
What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Aside from playing video games, I enjoy playing basketball and hanging out with my friends and girlfriend. Basketball has always been a big part of my life, as I can honestly say that the sport has helped me become the ambitious, confident, caring, and disciplined individual I am today. It is because of basketball that I am able to have the patience, drive, and hunger to strive to be the best I can be everyday; as a person, athlete, student, boyfriend, friend, employee, and gamer. The sport has taught me much about life.

How is the game going lately? <I mean basketball>

SonicBoomS wrote:
Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

I see that you have not listed PvP in your top three interests. You do know that we are mostly PvP guild?

Please tell us briefly about your gaming history, what games did you enjoyed playing?Happy

SonicBoomS wrote:
And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
What is the generally age range of the guild

Great majority of our guild is in between 18-25, than there are 25-35 and those below 18, and few "oldies" of 35+ ;)

SonicBoomS wrote:
and when exactly does/will the guild meet in-game when the game launches?

Well first meeting will probably be on Coruscant when everyone will leave their starting planets Happy
There is no way to meet with everyone earlier, but JK and JC will be able to meet on Tython and Smugglers with Troopers on Ord Mantel from almost the beggining of our TOR adventure Happy

SonicBoomS

Aveyn Tamai wrote:
I just want to add...don't apologize for being confident in your abilities!

There's a time and place for modesty, and if you have awesome team leadership, don't be afraid to admit it. It's a viable and important skill.

This is kinda like a job application, don't sell yourself short :D

...and by all means you can start looking at the forums now if you like, just give the Charter a read and make sure you follow the rules!

haha alright thanks for the pointers!.... ok cool, but is it just me or is the Charter tab not working? I'm not seeing anything it says that it doesn't exist when I click on it haha
SonicBoomS

Lord Marvel wrote:

How is the game going lately? <I mean basketball>

It's been going alright, I played in high school and unfortunately in one of the first games during my senior year there I tore my ACL in my knee. It took a while for me to get back running up and down the court and playing full-court games (in fact about 3 years almost), and I just joined a city league. I figure it's a means to rehab myself and at the same time try to stay in shape! haha

Lord Marvel wrote:

I see that you have not listed PvP in your top three interests. You do know that we are mostly PvP guild?

Oh yes, I'm well aware that you guys are a PvP guild, I do enjoy PvP and playing on PvP servers. I wish that there was a "which of the following interests you fourth most?" option so that I could've picked PvPing haha tongue out ... but bottom line I do, of course, enjoy PvPing. It's just that the Story, Socializing, and Flashpoints/Operations in SWTOR have caught my eye the most at this point in development.

Lord Marvel wrote:

Please tell us briefly about your gaming history, what games did you enjoyed playing?Happy

Gaming history..... hmmm, where do I start?!?! Well I'd like to think of myself as an "old-school" gamer, regardless of the fact that I'm just 21 years old. My first gaming console was the original NES followed by the Super Nintendo, both of which I still have today and they are both in excellent working condition! I went on to play Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, the N64, the first Playstation and Xbox, etc etc. All of which I still own today. I guess you can also call me a collector haha. Today, I play mostly on my PS3 and PC. My favorite games of all time would have to be Super Mario World, Goldeneye 007, Knights of the Old Republic, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 in no particular order. In regards to MMOs, I've played and served as a Council Member/Officer in both Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft for several years; more recently I played DC Universe Online. To date, those are the only three MMOs I've played.

Lord Marvel wrote:

Great majority of our guild is in between 18-25, than there are 25-35 and those below 18, and few "oldies" of 35+ ;)

Awesome! Glad to see a diversity in ages in the guild!

Lord Marvel wrote:

Well first meeting will probably be on Coruscant when everyone will leave their starting planets Happy
There is no way to meet with everyone earlier, but JK and JC will be able to meet on Tython and Smugglers with Troopers on Ord Mantel from almost the beggining of our TOR adventure Happy

alright sounds good to me! Hopefully there will be some sort of Guild Hall or Guild Ship in-game, that'll be cool haha. Wishful thinking.
Lord Marvel

SonicBoomS wrote:
alright sounds good to me! Hopefully there will be some sort of Guild Hall or Guild Ship in-game, that'll be cool haha. Wishful thinking.

Unfortunately there is nothing of that sort in game atm, though Daniel Erickson said that idea of Guild ships is something they disscus often on meetings, so maybe we will get those in expansion or some major update to game after launch Happy

PopyArt

Good app, my question would be this: You sell you'reself as a goal orianted and competitive person but on you're interests you listed Story>Socializing>Raiding.
From someone who is very competitive and wants to be the best at what they do I'd kinda think that Pvp - Raiding would be they're top 2 choices, what makes you wanna go toward story/socializing more?

I always like to see long apps. Your' is in fact a well thought up, written app Happy
I would love for you join all of us Consular's in Pax. I say give him a chance

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum