Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Vote:
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Apocnow36

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Apocnow36!

Well I figure I should share a little more about myself.

I've lived in Alaska for 17 1/2 years now. I currently live in North Pole, Alaska

I work at the Wal-Mart in Fairbanks as an overnight stocker. Getting paid rather well for being unskilled labor. (Starting pay is $13.20 an hour)

I have a Bachelor's degree. Major: History, Minor: Political Science. I attended the University of Alaska Fairbanks from Fall 2003-Spring 2007. I'm currently going back to school, majoring in Accounting. This is my first semester back, and I kind of regret starting off during the Summer Semester where the workload is worse than a normal semester.

And since I figured Lord Marvel would eventually ask,

I am currently playing on my days off: Portal 2, The Sims 3, and Fallout:New Vegas. Curse you Steam Summer Sale! Oh and I recently found an addictive game on the android market called Game Dev Story and now I'm playing that a lot on my Smartphone.

Oh and recently I have watched all 4 seasons of The Guild, the whole season of Game of Thrones, and have started to watch episodes of The Walking Dead.

As for The Old Republic, I'm hoping that they finally give us a release date this week at Comic-Con. I figure if its going to be released in September or October, they pretty much have to announce it now. What do you think? Release date this week or not?
Lord Marvel

Apocnow36 wrote:
Well I figure I should share a little more about myself.

I've lived in Alaska for 17 1/2 years now. I currently live in North Pole, Alaska

Man... you must be freezing out there... here, have a bit of warm sunny

;)

Apocnow36 wrote:
I work at the Wal-Mart in Fairbanks as an overnight stocker. Getting paid rather well for being unskilled labor. (Starting pay is $13.20 an hour)

Are you dealing with many strange people... there are scary stories about people who go for shopping in wal-mart ;)

Apocnow36 wrote:
I have a Bachelor's degree. Major: History, Minor: Political Science. I attended the University of Alaska Fairbanks from Fall 2003-Spring 2007. I'm currently going back to school, majoring in Accounting. This is my first semester back, and I kind of regret starting off during the Summer Semester where the workload is worse than a normal semester.

WoW, nice Happy so you are again going for major an minor degree or only major this time?
<sorry if this is dumb question, I dunno how university works in US/Canada ^_^`>

Apocnow36 wrote:
And since I figured Lord Marvel would eventually ask,

I am currently playing on my days off: Portal 2, The Sims 3, and Fallout:New Vegas. Curse you Steam Summer Sale! Oh and I recently found an addictive game on the android market called Game Dev Story and now I'm playing that a lot on my Smartphone.

Oh and recently I have watched all 4 seasons of The Guild, the whole season of Game of Thrones, and have started to watch episodes of The Walking Dead.

>_> why would you say that I am going to ask you? >_> <damn... how did he knew ;) >

Any other game that you got on Steam sale?

I got quite few of them :D but only those cheap ones Happy I love when Steam is on sale ^_^ bank account cries T_T.

In the end everything is good Happy

Apocnow36 wrote:
As for The Old Republic, I'm hoping that they finally give us a release date this week at Comic-Con. I figure if its going to be released in September or October, they pretty much have to announce it now. What do you think? Release date this week or not?

Don`t want to bring bad news, but they said that they won`t announce release date on any big event Happy

Oh, and you know, you can post in any part of forum that is visible for you, not only in your own thread :D

Apocnow36

Okay, it's official, I have lost my mind. I just went and pre-ordered the $150 collector's edition from Amazon. I immediately received my code and redeemed it, I'm just curious as to what they mean by early access. I mean its not like they will actually ship my physical copy of the game disks early right. If I have to download the game to get early access, then forget that part of it, because my download speed is way too slow. Yes I know I'm an ill informed noob, but hey that is what makes me somewhat lovable. Happy
Lord Marvel

Apocnow36 wrote:
Okay, it's official, I have lost my mind. I just went and pre-ordered the $150 collector's edition from Amazon. I immediately received my code and redeemed it, I'm just curious as to what they mean by early access. I mean its not like they will actually ship my physical copy of the game disks early right. If I have to download the game to get early access, then forget that part of it, because my download speed is way too slow. Yes I know I'm an ill informed noob, but hey that is what makes me somewhat lovable. Happy

Yeah, a lot of people got pre ordered Colector version of the game xD

And probably yup, you will need to download for early access, though I am alrady afraid how overloaded the servers will be when they will announce it :D

Lord Marvel

Hey Apocnow,

Congratulation, you are now officially accepted into trial, please post here if you are still interested in joining Pax Happy

Apocnow36

Yes sir, I am still interested. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to possibly rejoin the guild. Now I just have to stay on top of this whole thing. Make sure I meet all the requirements. Possibly neglect homework and going to class, maybe even call out sick from work. Happy

Just joking about that last part, I'm sure I can fit it all in, I just have to neglect sleep. Happy
Legendkiller456

Congrats :D

Tcyiora

Trial Phase 1: Complete √
Trial Phase 2: Complete √
Trial Phase 3: Complete √

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.
During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 7/24/2011 and ending 7/31/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.
As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.
At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

►Phase 1

1. You must make 15 new posts in our forums.
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 1).
You're starting phase 1 at 47 posts and must reach 62 posts to pass this requirement of phase 1. Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum Complete √

4. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

5. You must PM either the Consul or one of the Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like myself) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info.
(Note: Please keep your Ventrilo name the same as your Forum name.)

Click Here. Complete √

6. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Please read them carefully BEFORE accepting. Here is a link to the thread:
Click Here. Complete √

7. You must arrange an interview with the either the Consul or one of the Arbiters or Envoys via a PM. The interview will be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview.
Click Here. Complete √

►Phase 2

8. You must make an additional 15 new posts in our forums
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 2).
You're starting phase 2 at 67 posts and must reach 82 posts to pass this requirement of phase 2. Complete √

9. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. Please try to maintain Ventrilo activity throughout and after your Trial, as participation will be mandatory upon The Old Republic's release.
(Note: A game with us is optional vent is not, this may be completed in the first phase) Complete √

►Phase 3

10. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so try to relax and good luck! Complete √

Last edited by Tcyiora on August 10, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 10 times in total

Apocnow36

To answer your questions Lord Marvel (Sorry for the lateness of my reply):

Alaska:
It's actually rather warm here now. We do get a summer despite people's notions of what Alaska is like. Yesterday it was 80 degrees F here and today it was about 76. Its called the land of the Midnight Sun, because during the summer you can walk outside at midnight and swear that it was noon time. Sadly its the exact opposite during the Winter where it almost always looks like night time. Average temp for winter I would say is somewhere around -25 or -30 with temperatures getting down to -40, -50, and rare occasions -60. -40s is more likely the cold snaps you'll see, but it's not like there is much difference between -40 and -60 to me. They are both temps that are too cold for any human being to live in.

Wal-Mart:
Mainly the people that I see at Wal-Mart are big spoiled, irresponsible kids. You know 20-30 year olds (sometimes even older) acting like Wal-Mart is just one big play ground. I've seen drunks, I have seen really big women in fishnet stockings (scary) and I have seen people dressed up in monkey costumes. I hear there is a site dedicated to the scary people that walk into Wal-Marts but I have never ever looked it up.

College:
Not exactly sure if I'm required to have a Minor or not. My guess is that since it's my second degree that the answer would be no. I really should find out, but knowing me I won't look into it until my last year or so. Happy No one has mentioned anything about one to me. I'm currently seeking an Accounting degree so that I have some value. Something to jump into a career with. Accounting just seems to interest me now, yet I still don't know what I want to do with my life and may never know, so I just have to do something. I like the math involved, though I just started right now I can pretty much break everything down into Elementary School level math. Happy

Steam Sale:
I also bought Frozen Synapse and a game called iBomber Defense.

Posting:
Yes I'm aware that I can post elsewhere, but I like having my own little subforum where my fans can find all of my musings. Happy
Lord Marvel

Apocnow36 wrote:
Alaska:
It's actually rather warm here now. We do get a summer despite people's notions of what Alaska is like. Yesterday it was 80 degrees F here and today it was about 76. Its called the land of the Midnight Sun, because during the summer you can walk outside at midnight and swear that it was noon time. Sadly its the exact opposite during the Winter where it almost always looks like night time. Average temp for winter I would say is somewhere around -25 or -30 with temperatures getting down to -40, -50, and rare occasions -60. -40s is more likely the cold snaps you'll see, but it's not like there is much difference between -40 and -60 to me. They are both temps that are too cold for any human being to live in.

Oh wow, I never knoew that it can get that warm there... and yeah, I guess that polar days/nights can be interesting ^_^ have you seen any northren lights?

I heard they are beautiful Happy

Apocnow36 wrote:
Steam Sale:
I also bought Frozen Synapse and a game called iBomber Defense.

Are they any good?

Apocnow36 wrote:
Posting:
Yes I'm aware that I can post elsewhere, but I like having my own little subforum where my fans can find all of my musings. Happy

hehehe :D ok Happy

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Glad to see you back on track Apoc!

Since you expect us officers to be the "unsung heros" and appreciate our role, hopefully you will give us some public praise so that we won't be "unsung" Happy

Ventrilo account created, interview complete.

Sorry again for having you wait, Apoc!
Tcyiora

Congratulations! ^^ You are now in phase 2! :D

Apocnow36

Woot! Phase 2 Happy

As for your questions Marvel:

Yes I have seen the Northern Lights, many times. Unfortunately the majority of the ones I see are just one color (Green) and not very active.

As for the two games Frozen Synapse and iBomber Defense, I haven't really played them much. All I know is that I would not likely pay full price from either of them, I just happen to get them during the Steam Summer deal. iBomber Defense is just your typical tower defense game. Frozen Synapse seems rather unique and if I gave it time I would probably find an addictive game there.
Tcyiora

Hey Apoc Happy You're almost finished with your trial! It ends today, so could you please tell me if you've been on vent at all to chat/play games other than when you were on for you Interview?

Thanks! ^^

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum