Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vote:
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 10 ]
No
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Apocnow36

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Apocnow36!

The application submitted by Apocnow36 is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-9:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
The sense of excitement and fulfillment in achieving something that I strove to accomplish. Goals are a major part of life and every time you accomplish one there is a sense of satisfaction, but also the understanding and readiness that now there is a new goal. To boil it down, I get a feeling of worth from achieving.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: I'm a team player. This was instilled in me by my father who, when I played Little League Baseball, acted as the assistant coach for my team. It wasn't about how good the individual player was or too be honest how great the team was, it was about having fun and encouraging one another.
-When it comes to playing games. I'm that guy who is willing to come and save a player when they cry for help even if it means my own death. That's right in a virtual game space I have a saviour complex. Just lets not test that in the real world, I'm afraid of what it will reveal of my character. Happy
Weaknesses: I have a hard time implementing strategy and adapting to when that strategy inevitably fails. This happens a lot to me when I play most games, especially RTS's. I can not seem to come up with any strategy of worth in the heat of battle. I'm the type that throws myself against a wall hoping that it will finally come tumbling down from the sheer weight of my bloody corpses.
-I'm not quick on my feet. I am feeling old! end of statement. Happy I feel as if I can't keep up with other gamers nowadays. I just can't match those twitchy gamers who can do a hundred things in a second.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Spending time with my girlfriend, playing the guitar, going to church (yes not only do I enjoy it, I love going), playing video games, watching movies or seasons of shows on Dvd, fishing, and skeet shooting. (the last two things I sadly haven't done in a year)

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
the official SW:TOR forums

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Nope. Not at all

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Members I expect to come be apart of a warzone or Flashpoint when other members ask for someone to fill the ranks. Playing with the guild in multiplayer material should come before single player story when that player is asked. I understand if that member is only going to be on for another 5 minutes and can't, but if they are on for another hour or so, then they should participate. If a member is ganked or feels like they need help or they will be killed and they call for help. If another member isn't in the middle of a Flashpoint or Warzone I expect them to respond and get to where ever that other member is as quickly as they can.

As for Leadership: I expect them to do the duty of an unsung hero. Well perhaps not as drastic as that statement might infer. I expect the leadership to keep to the rules and make sure that their members are held to the rules as well, or face some kind of action. I expect the leadership to be the ones who are organized. I don't want to wait around for an hour before a Warzone or Flashpoint as the leadership members drone on about so and so cast this buff and this is how we're going to do this...blah, blah, blah. That to me is not organized, that's overly obsessive. Nor do I want to wait for an hour as leadership attempts to debrief its members and tries to divy out the loot after a Warzone or something. Essentially if all the talk is a lot longer than the actual gameplay, I'm just going to log-off. This is a game and its meant to be enjoyable.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can contribute by providing my tithe to the guild confers. Whatever I make in in-game currency, I have no problem of giving 10% or more to the guild as a statement of where I am I could not be without the guild.
I can be that guy who responds to another members cry for help.
I can contribute any raw materials needed for crafting and I can provide crafted items, with nothing expected in return.
I can be another player who can fill the ranks of members playing at off hours, since I work nights, so on my days off I would be playing either late at night or early in the morning.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Emphasis on Maturity and Organization. Also, though this Guild seems serious about its play time, it doesn't seem to be an addicted overly obsessed type, where their real lives take a back seat to the game. I like that you have restricted the number of members so that it can have a sense of familiarity amongst its members and that it can remain a controlled organized mob, rather than a guild that has hundreds of members that are a chaotic mess of stupidity. Happy

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
My job doesn't stress me out, but my College classes might. Unfortunately if I become overly stressed I do become irritable. However, that is what gaming is for, to relieve stress and enjoy myself. If it interferes with how I'm playing or acting in the game, I can always log off and call it a day.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I really don't care. I don't respond to smack talk. If it continues and interferes with my playing, I will get irritated but I can and will log off. Real life is more important and if the point of my gaming (being entertained and relaxing) is ruined then what's the point of continuing to spend my precious time in game.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
ask him (who am I kidding, more than likely it will be telling him) to quit doing so. I however, won't yell at the member, but I would fully expect the leading member of the guild that is on at the time to take action against the player. Oh and most importantly I expect that Ventrilo has a function for me to mute that player, that would be my main go to action.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Apocnow36

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No not another Guild, but I was a member of this guild. I was removed due to inactivity. My computer died on me and I was unable to use another computer for awhile. I had my Smartphone that I used to log in ever so often, but have you ever attempted to type on one of those things. Forget it, it takes forever to type out any sort of meaningful post, especially one that is coherent. Once I finally got on to another computer I logged in to post something, worried that I should do it before being kicked from the guild, only to find out that that very thing happened just the day before.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
yes, inactivity

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I realize that since Bioware launched there Guild HQ this guild has been swamped with applicants and my best chance was when I initially joined back in January....and I was given a chance and that was blown. Why you should consider excepting me again is the fact that I'm not planning on purchasing this game and that game. Trying to spread my gaming time amongst many new releases. There are only two games that I'm looking forward to, and funny thing is they happen to both be Bioware game. Star Wars: The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3; and SW:TOR is the game I'm looking at as the long term investment. I figured if I'm going to get my money's worth I better be involved in the multiplayer side of things, especially the massively multiplayer part. This isn't Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic 3,4,5,and 6 as they say. This is game is how I've always figured it to be, a MMO in the Star Wars universe, made by Bioware, taking place within the same story arc as KOTOR but hundreds of years after the events. If I'm playing an MMO, for the first time by the way, then I should play the game within its genre.

I am also aware that all slots are filled, that's fine put me on the wait list. Also, I wouldn't mind playing the Jedi Guardian or Smuggler, but I definitely prefer the Trooper, a Vanguard to be exact. My gaming style is that of a tank and the Trooper looks to be the most fun option to me in that archetype.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
What does the leadership of this guild think that members responsibilities are when it comes to participating in Warzones? Is there a set participation amount per week or month?
Is participation in guild meetings required or expected? Even for my case where all the meetings were being held in the afternoon when I'm almost always sleeping, and if I'm not (like right now) I really should be.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Apocnow36 on July 11, 2011 4:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Apocnow36

Welcome back Apocnow, it`s nice to that you want to come back.

Your application is really good, still, I will pick some questions for you Happy

Apocnow36 wrote:
Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT+9:00

You might want to check this again, since +9 is somewhere in Australia/Indonesia/Asia Happy

Apocnow36 wrote:
What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Spending time with my girlfriend, playing the guitar, going to church (yes not only do I enjoy it, I love going), playing video games, watching movies or seasons of shows on Dvd, fishing, and skeet shooting. (the last two things I sadly haven't done in a year)

Got any luck lately with fishing?

Apocnow36 wrote:
What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Apocnow36

Could you please provide us with link to your profile on TOR forums?

Apocnow36 wrote:
And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
What does the leadership of this guild think that members responsibilities are when it comes to participating in Warzones?

We encourage people to play together, looking as we are mostly PvP guild, we are expecting people to be ready to jump into PvP anytime, ofc it`s not a must... we are here for fun, not for ordering others. But if you don`t want to play with your guildies, than why being in guild?

Apocnow36 wrote:
Is there a set participation amount per week or month?

No and I don`t think we will be setting anything like this, since it would not only be stupid, but also very hard to track Happy

Apocnow36 wrote:
Is participation in guild meetings required or expected?

Expected, we are expecting that if members can, than they will participate. Though if they can`t it`s ok, we are recording all meetings, so that members that were unable to participate can still listen to what we were talking about Happy

Apocnow36 wrote:
Even for my case where all the meetings were being held in the afternoon when I'm almost always sleeping, and if I'm not (like right now) I really should be.

You shouldn`t waste time on sleeping ;) there is so much gaming to do :D

Clusterfact

Hey there, Apocnow36! Good to see you return to us. Happy I'm sorry to hear about your computer dying. I recently went through the same thing. Your application is a great length and is well thought-out, but there is one thing that concerns me:

Quote:
I had my Smartphone that I used to log in ever so often, but have you ever attempted to type on one of those things. Forget it, it takes forever to type out any sort of meaningful post, especially one that is coherent.

I understand why it may have been frustrating to try to type out a lengthy explanation (I myself hate smartphones and typing on them), but I was just wondering if something were to happen (Heaven forbid) where you were unable to log in for an extended period of time, would you put off getting a hold of us again? It may have taken several minutes to type out a coherent message, but it would have been well worth the investment in time, especially considering that you will have to be put on the waiting list if your application is accepted.

That being said, you were a decent member when you were last here and I don't see any reason why you wouldn't do well here again. Happy

To answer your question, we aren't planning on requiring a certain amount of time to any specific activity, especially things like Warzones and the like. If you can only afford to put a few hours a week into this game, then that would probably be okay. Personality trumps experience in our case. big grin
Apocnow36

Lord Marvel: Yep you are right its not +9:00 its GMT-9:00. If you are wondering, I live in Alaska.
-As you may have noticed the note about not having gone fishing in about a year and I still haven't gone this summer. Years ago I use to go Ice fishing, but I am just not that dedicated to it. Happy
-As for the link to my profile, how do I do that. I have no problem doing so, but all the information there you got more about me in my application. I haven't posted once on the official forum. The only reason I signed up was to have the opportunity to be picked for beta testing.
-I do want to play with other guild members. That's the whole point of joining one. Nah, all I was getting at was making sure there isn't a daily or weekly Warzone that members absolutely have to participate in, which I'm sure would be during an hour I just could not make.

Clusterfact: Believe me I was kicking myself after I found out I was kicked. I may hate navigating posts and typing on the thing, but to think just even a one word post might have gotten me a reprieve. What's infuriating is I attempted to fill out the application last night with my Smartphone and spent over an hour on it and didn't even get half way. The phone started to lag when I was typing and it took forever just to get out a sentence. There were a lot of problems like the smart typing function somehow switched to Spanish, etc.
-The other reason why I didn't use my phone to post a message, was that I was sure I would be able to get my computer up and running before I needed. (I was in denial about having to buy a new motherboard, I merely thought that perhaps a cord was loose or something). I seriously thought I had more time.
Lord Marvel

Apocnow36 wrote:
Lord Marvel: Yep you are right its not +9:00 its GMT-9:00. If you are wondering, I live in Alaska.
-As you may have noticed the note about not having gone fishing in about a year and I still haven't gone this summer. Years ago I use to go Ice fishing, but I am just not that dedicated to it. Happy

Right, < stupid me > I missed last part about yearly break. Though, do you have any stories connected to fishing? Happy

Apocnow36 wrote:
-As for the link to my profile, how do I do that. I have no problem doing so, but all the information there you got more about me in my application. I haven't posted once on the official forum. The only reason I signed up was to have the opportunity to be picked for beta testing.

Just go to your account, and go into "profile" on the list <right side of screen> and than copy the site address and post it here Happy

Apocnow36 wrote:
-I do want to play with other guild members. That's the whole point of joining one. Nah, all I was getting at was making sure there isn't a daily or weekly Warzone that members absolutely have to participate in, which I'm sure would be during an hour I just could not make.

Oh it wasn`t pointed at you, just at people in general Happy
We will make both PvP and PvE events and in few time frames so that everyone can have some fun Happy

Apocnow36

Sorry did exactly as you said and all it did was direct you to edit my profile page. Perhaps I'm a bigger noob than I thought. Please if you could let me know if there was something you left out.

As for fishing stories:
When I was a kid I remember most of all (when we lived in California) my father catching Sturgeon. Strange but cool looking fish that apparently can live like 150 to 200 years.

-I remember this time when my father and I went to a popular lake around here ( its about an hour and half from where I live). We were out on our boat and surrounded by others, who didn't appear to be catching anything, when we noticed some Rainbow Trout jumping. We cast out with panther martins and for the next two hours we caught about forty large Rainbows one after the other. They were rather large too, all over a foot and a half long.

-I have been doing mainly Northern Pike fishing for many years and it all started when one day my father and I were going trout fishing at a small nearby lake. We came upon this odd scene, we noticed a lot of trout swimming and jumping rather close to shore. Then we noticed the water being disturbed like torpedoes were heading directly toward them. Happy We watched as a Pike nearly beached himself trying to munch on trout. There were two of them doing this, and they were large. I would say they were at least 3 feet perhaps longer. After an hour or so trying to catch one my father was finally able to get one, luckily he had a steel leader line with him, they bite rather hard. I have to say it fascinated me to note that the Pike tasted alot like chicken with a bit of a fishy flavor.

-the funnest thing to do is fish for Pike with a rubber frog; absolutely love it. Pike typically attack with extreme ferocity, and even come out of the water to attack it. Ever since fishing for them I haven't come close to catching one any where near the size my father caught that one day. I did come close though when I cast only inches from the shore of another nearby lake. Though it was close to shore it was really deep, yet nothing really all that special about the location. When after just a couple of jerks of the frog a big Pike came out of no where swallowed my frog and dived for the bottom so fast he snapped my line. I watched the whole thing happen as it were in slow motion. In absolute stun I saw it happen clear as day even though it happened within a second perhaps two.

Last edited by Apocnow36 on July 11, 2011 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Marvel

Apocnow36 wrote:
Sorry did exactly as you said and all it did was direct you to edit my profile page. Perhaps I'm a bigger noob than I thought. Please if you could let me know it there was something you left out.

I`m sorry, I`m the nubbish one xD

When you log in into account and it says on top of your screan "Greetings x" you click on your name there and it moves you to your profile page. Profile looks like this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=219340

Also, nice stories Happy Really liked them :D

Martonian

of that whole app this is the part that made me laugh..

"I like that you have restricted the number of members so that it can have a sense of familiarity amongst its members and that it can remain a controlled organized mob, rather than a guild that has hundreds of members that are a chaotic mess of stupidity"

i hate to break it to you but were just an organised mess of stupidity :P

haha no but seriously, nice app, and the resulting questions that were covered and answered were well thought out as well.

Good luck to you on joining the guild.

Apocnow36

here it is
http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=908878

Oh and apparently I made another mistake on my app. I assumed that my SW:TOR name was Apocnow36, but its just Apocnow. Also, I still have the Pax-Republica signature on, I guess I better remove that.
Lord Marvel

Congratulation Apocnow, you are hereby put on waitlist, as soon as there will be a free spot for Trooper you will be put on trial Happy

Apocnow36

Thank you, sir
Apocnow36

Well I figure since I need an active showing with this guild via the forum here, I'm going to tell you about my number one reason for being excited about this game.....Story! Yes I know, I'm the type that enjoys story in my video games. I suppose I felt a draw to story since the old Lucasarts adventure games, those had story and what I loved was the humor. Grim Fandango was an epic game. So yes an emphasis on writing definitely gets my attention. That is where Bioware comes in; apparently they are about the writing as well. Ever since my first Bioware game KOTOR, the company seems to really focus alot of effort into writing and the setting of their story. Kotor they understood that it was a Star Wars game, so to me its obvious they thought, well what makes Star Wars epic; hence the whole amnesiac all powerful force user who suddenly realizes he's Darth Revan, revealed to him by his once close friend turned betrayer.

I really enjoyed exploring the companion side quest stories, as well, beyond just the main story, it added more depth and enjoyment to the game overall. Star Wars: The Old Republic looks to expand on the successful elements of Kotor, especially the conversation portion. Kotor had that annoying thing where you would pick a line of dialogue and then proceed to watch as your character said nothing and merely nodded his head randomly, like he was deaf and dumb. Since those days Bioware have really made the conversations visual and something that helps drive the story along, starting with the series Mass Effect. What's this, a character that actually has a voice and uses hand gestures and interacts with others according to what's going on. About time! Now that this is being put into SW:TOR, its got me excited about all the interesting stories in the game, Main and side. More so than if my character stood there motionless and didn't say anything, like the NPC character was having a conversation with a wall.
Riddly Dun

Apocnow36 wrote:
Well I figure since I need an active showing with this guild via the forum here, I'm going to tell you about my number one reason for being excited about this game.....Story! Yes I know, I'm the type that enjoys story in my video games. I suppose I felt a draw to story since the old Lucasarts adventure games, those had story and what I loved was the humor. Grim Fandango was an epic game. So yes an emphasis on writing definitely gets my attention. That is where Bioware comes in; apparently they are about the writing as well. Ever since my first Bioware game KOTOR, the company seems to really focus alot of effort into writing and the setting of their story. Kotor they understood that it was a Star Wars game, so to me its obvious they thought, well what makes Star Wars epic; hence the whole amnesiac all powerful force user who suddenly realizes he's Darth Revan, revealed to him by his once close friend turned betrayer.

I really enjoyed exploring the companion side quest stories, as well, beyond just the main story, it added more depth and enjoyment to the game overall. Star Wars: The Old Republic looks to expand on the successful elements of Kotor, especially the conversation portion. Kotor had that annoying thing where you would pick a line of dialogue and then proceed to watch as your character said nothing and merely nodded his head randomly, like he was deaf and dumb. Since those days Bioware have really made the conversations visual and something that helps drive the story along, starting with the series Mass Effect. What's this, a character that actually has a voice and uses hand gestures and interacts with others according to what's going on. About time! Now that this is being put into SW:TOR, its got me excited about all the interesting stories in the game, Main and side. More so than if my character stood there motionless and didn't say anything, like the NPC character was having a conversation with a wall.

Agreed and *high-five*
I've been itching to play this game since they announced it how long ago. I've been a big fan of Bioware since I got my hands on KOTOR when I was a kid. It drew me in so much that it even now it still influences. Of all the things I've seen and heard, I don't have a reason not to want to this game.

btw sweet eye-patch :P

On a side note, grats on the wait-list and hope the wait isn't long :P

Apocnow36 wrote:

Good to see you`re excited for TOR Happy we all are really really reaaaaally excited about it as well Happy

I have to agree, that giving your character voice is something that should always be in RPG games. It makes it easier to identify with said character, and than you are even more happy about each obstacle that you defeated on your journey through game Happy

I personally, more than anything <side of the story ofc> I can`t wait to get into some PvP action ^_^ Slaying some Sith and having fun.
I`m specially interested in that new warzone on Nar Shaddaa where you play something similar to american football Happy

Apocnow36

Hello again.
I recently saw a 15 minute video of Bioshock Infinite. At the beginning of the video, the main character and his companion, Elizabeth were in a store that sold American Memorabilia and I found it interesting. The alternate history and even Elizabeth's personality, her playfulness in the store. Then a little while later her powers were displayed and she some how shot them forward in time on accident, that was a cool part. So up to this point in the video I was actually getting rather excited about this game, unfortunately it went straight downhill after that. The gameplay, story, and setting all started to disappoint me. First off the main character and Elizabeth really started sounding whiny to me, the whole commie takeover of the floating city was a rather disappointing move as well, and the gameplay appeared to be a step back from the original Bioshock. It just looked like a game that I would possibly buy on Steam for $5 on one of their sales, rather than something I would pay $50-$60 for.
Which reminds me of the original Bioshock. That game was amazing, not really due to gameplay, but more for its setting and atmosphere. I wasn't even planning to buy the game until one day I played the demo and immediately had to buy it. I was playing the game, with the perception that I was just some random guy on a plane that crashed in the middle of the ocean and just barely survived only to see a lighthouse out in the middle of no where. Upon entering the lighthouse I'm greeted by this odd sight of a statue of a man and this peculiar banner. After that the game is full of wonder and discovery of a what if fantasy of a city that was set up to be some sort of Utopian haven and you were discovering the disaster that befell it.
Then the game took a left turn and went straight down to mediocrity. Suddenly you find out that you were born there and you were sent away only to return a short time later to help take down the man in charge who happens to be your father, yet you don't remember any of this. The story just plain sucked, and made no sense. The idea that you were just a survivor of a plane crash and was randomly thrown into this bizarre world is great. You being some genetic freak from that world, involved in some plot that made no sense, was garbage. I remember watching some video where there was a developers panel at some convention and the head of the developing team for the game said they made up that story because some focus group didn't like the idea of the main character being just an anonymous guy who randomly came upon the scene. That is just lame, that is why you don't listen to the masses in certain instances. How much info did these people really have before they developed that opinion. I'm wondering if this came about due to 2K's influence rather than Irrational making that decision on their own.

Which brings me to SW:TOR and Bioware. BioWare is now owned by EA, great for BioWare, not so sure about the customer. People complain about not getting information about the release date, etc. I wonder if there are a lot more considerations that BioWare has now, being owned by EA, as to what they say and what they do. I personally don't think that the overall product will be affected by the change in ownership, but I do wonder.

Sorry for the rant, not exactly everything I wanted to say and not exactly how I wanted to say it. I was going to say it more concisely and include more but I'm really tired and can barely think.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum