Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Andokun
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 13 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Andokun

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Andokun!

The application submitted by Andokun is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
US

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-6:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
i love the feeling of working really hard towards a goal and then completing it. whether it be an intense pvp battle or 20 wipes on the same boss we've been trying to down for weeks. my personal life is the same way. i work hard at work and at home for that same feeling at the end of the day.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
i would say a good strength i have is being able to think quickly on my feet. i can adapt to new situations very quickly. i am also a very fast learner always research how to best maximize myself and anything i'm doing.

i would say a weakness i have is i have on the occasion when i see someone doing something that could be done better or in a different way i tend to force my own views and ways onto them unintentionally.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
i enjoy reading, watching anime, spending time with my fiance and working on computers. i also look forward to my son being born and spending time with him.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWToR Guild Page

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
on the occasion but not excessively

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
to be friendly and helpful to all those in the community. too often i find myself in guilds that have a handful of ViP people and everyone else tends to get ignored and treated quite poorly. after reading through some stuff on your site i feel that you guys will a much needed breath of fresh air.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
i different point of view on a lot of things. i tend to look at things a little oddly compared to other people and a lot of the time i believe because of that we can find solutions we otherwise wouldn't of come up with.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
mostly the close community. i've wandered aimlessly through so many mmos because you have no idea how hard it is to find a guild where everyone actually tries to help one another. after reading through the site i think you guys will offer the group of friends i have been looking for instead of a couple guys yelling at you cause you havent gotten them their drop yet.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
i smoke. lol. often though i deal with stress by confronting the source. whether it be another player yelling at me because they think i'm not pulling my weight or doing a bit of research on how to do a task better.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
well, i would kindly ask them to quit. if it persists i'd put them on ignore. i'm not fond of rude people.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
ask them to quit. if it keeps going i'd either move channels or speak to an officer about the issue if it gets really bad.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Andokun http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=540770

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Jedi Academy

i have been a member there for a few months and very active in there forums. i had an interview with them adn they denied me because they believe i dont have enough PvP experience...

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
no

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
i'm a very friendly and helpful person. i will try my hardest to exceed your expectations and do my best to help a fellow guild member in need.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
nothing at the moment. your site is very helpful in that department and any question i had has been answered so far.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Crox Rava

Hello Andokun and welcome to the Pax Republica forums! I found your application to be concise but informative, and at first glance you appear to be a fine candidate. Best of luck to you!

Quote:
i have been a member there for a few months and very active in there forums. i had an interview with them adn they denied me because they believe i dont have enough PvP experience...

You will find that character > experience here in Pax. We're far more concerned about how you will represent the guild, win or lose. Learning to play a game is much easier than building good character. I can promise that you will not have the same experience here as you did with your last guild.

Quote:
i also look forward to my son being born and spending time with him.

Congrats! Your first, I take it? Just hold onto your socks, brother. If you think you're in love with that little fellow now, just wait til you hold him for the first time! wink

I have just a couple of questions to start you off.

1. You have said that you think quick on your feet and that you bring a different, even odd perspective. Any stories you would like to share that illustrate these abilities?

2. As you may have noticed, all of our classes are full up at the moment. We've seen a bit of turnover so I wouldn't worry about it, but would you be okay with being on a waiting list for a while if it comes to that?

That's it for now! Again, good luck, and may the Force be with you!

Photobucket
Legendkiller456

Nice app. When something could be done better, I sometimes want to tell them what to do better and such, but you have to remember they might not be as experienced as you or understand what they are doing wrong or different, I prefer to tell them with constructive criticism.

If your app is excepted, you will be put on the wait list for now since the Jedi Knight class is full atm. If you have any new questions, feel free to ask Happy

Crox Rava

Legendkiller456 wrote:
Nice app. When something could be done better, I sometimes want to tell them what to do better and such, but you have to remember they might not be as experienced as you or understand what they are doing wrong or different, I prefer to tell them with constructive criticism.

Yes indeed. Also:
Professor Charles Xavier wrote:
Some thing's the mind needs to discover for itself.

Photobucket
Clusterfact

A decent application, sir! I have a couple of more questions to throw onto the heap if you don't mind. wink

If it isn't too personal, would you mind telling us what you do for a living? Just curious. Happy

You mentioned that you tend to instruct people when they aren't doing something as efficiently as you would do, but I was just wondering if you yourself are opening to criticism if the situation ever arises?

Thank you for taking the time to apply and good luck!
Andokun

Crox_Rava wrote:
I have just a couple of questions to start you off.

1. You have said that you think quick on your feet and that you bring a different, even odd perspective. Any stories you would like to share that illustrate these abilities?

2. As you may have noticed, all of our classes are full up at the moment. We've seen a bit of turnover so I wouldn't worry about it, but would you be okay with being on a waiting list for a while if it comes to that?

That's it for now! Again, good luck, and may the Force be with you!

well like for example in wow in BC i was a healer on my druid. during a run that we did on illidan 30 seconds into the fight all the tanks died... before i tell you the rest let me tell you what i liked to do in normal dungeons. on my healer i was a bit of a wierdo. i had a macro to switch in all my tank gear and my healing druid. i would purposely die, rez and hit my macro and i'd have my tank gear on right before i entered combat again because so many times our tanks would just die for stupid reasons... like standing in fire =P i would rez, switch on my tank gear, fill up with hots, then go to bear and eat face. granted it didn't work every time but it did more often than not. so back to where i was. raid leader called for a wipe and i was like eff this niose, this was our 7th attempt tonight. i knew i couldnt tank illidan by myself... thats just dumb. i told the only war dps we had to tank him as long as he could while i died, hit rez, and hit my macro. luckily i was up before he died and grabbed aggro. now we had 3 rogues, the war and a palladin dps. every 5-10 minutes or so i would have to yell at the war or rogues or paladin to grab aggro, hit evasion, last stand, ect, while i healed myself and put hots on me and grab aggro back. luckily the dps and healers we had were amazing and we actually downed him! pretty much a great moment i my life lol! apparently i was crazy for even trying something dumb like that but it worked!!!

as for the second question, the answer is yes. you guys seem so awesome i could wait if i had too.

Last edited by Andokun on July 3, 2011 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Andokun

Clusterfact wrote:
A decent application, sir! I have a couple of more questions to throw onto the heap if you don't mind. wink

If it isn't too personal, would you mind telling us what you do for a living? Just curious. Happy

You mentioned that you tend to instruct people when they aren't doing something as efficiently as you would do, but I was just wondering if you yourself are opening to criticism if the situation ever arises?

Thank you for taking the time to apply and good luck!

i work as a manager for an i.t. company. i often am in a constant state of WTF when dealing with my employees. they do some very dumb things and for example, dont see why even if windows installs a genereic driver for a device. and it works for the moment, why you have to actually go track down the actual driver so it'll work properly lol. but yes i actually encourage criticism from my employees and co-workers. i strive to do better and if i know what i dont do well or just plain suck at it it gives me the info i need to better myself.

p.s. my captcha code is denying bacon... who the crap denies bacon?
Clusterfact

Andokun wrote:

i work as a manager for an i.t. company. i often am in a constant state of WTF when dealing with my employees. they do some very dumb things and for example, dont see why even if windows installs a genereic driver for a device. and it works for the moment, why you have to actually go track down the actual driver so it'll work properly lol. but yes i actually encourage criticism from my employees and co-workers. i strive to do better and if i know what i dont do well or just plain suck at it it gives me the info i need to better myself.

p.s. my captcha code is denying bacon... who the crap denies bacon?

I'm almost ashamed to say this, but I don't think I would know to go track down the right driver or whatever lol. I'm not very tech-savvy.

And that is a very unfortunate captcha code lol
Andokun

Clusterfact wrote:

I'm almost ashamed to say this, but I don't think I would know to go track down the right driver or whatever lol. I'm not very tech-savvy.

And that is a very unfortunate captcha code lol

lol i dont mind if they just dont know but after i've literally told them 20 times it becomes very irritating lol
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Andokun

Hey there Andokun, thank you for applying to Pax Happy

Your application is quite good, and informative Happy though I have few questions Happy

Andokun wrote:
What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
i enjoy reading, watching anime, spending time with my fiance and working on computers. i also look forward to my son being born and spending time with him.

So what titles do you like to read?

And what Anime do you like to watch? :D

Andokun wrote:
Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Jedi Academy

So wait... you were in their guild for few months and than all of a sudden they kicked you for not having much PvP experience?

Also I would like to ask for your gaming history, you don`t need to be very precise, just of top of your head, what titles did you enjoy? Happy

Andokun

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hey there Andokun, thank you for applying to Pax Happy

Your application is quite good, and informative Happy though I have few questions Happy

So what titles do you like to read?

And what Anime do you like to watch? :D

So wait... you were in their guild for few months and than all of a sudden they kicked you for not having much PvP experience?

Also I would like to ask for your gaming history, you don`t need to be very precise, just of top of your head, what titles did you enjoy? Happy

i've read all the anne rice, anne mccaffery, and brandon sanderson books. theya re my favorite authors. my fanorite anime of all time is cowboy bebop and i watch way too many animes to list the rest =P i watch all kinds.

but yeah i was there for a few months getting to know poeple and whatnot then the day came for my vent interview. they said i was great and all but since the only MMOs i've really actually played were FFXI and WoW, nothing else kept my interest since its was all the same as what i was already playing, they said a: i didn't have much mmo experience (i played FFXI for 2 years and wow for 5) and b: since i never got above 1800 in arenas and play PvP mmos like aion and what not i didnt have enough pvp experience...

aaprently not being a mmo jumper is a bad thing...

Andokun wrote:
but yeah i was there for a few months getting to know poeple and whatnot then the day came for my vent interview. they said i was great and all but since the only MMOs i've really actually played were FFXI and WoW, nothing else kept my interest since its was all the same as what i was already playing, they said a: i didn't have much mmo experience (i played FFXI for 2 years and wow for 5) and b: since i never got above 1800 in arenas and play PvP mmos like aion and what not i didnt have enough pvp experience...

aaprently not being a mmo jumper is a bad thing...

Well don`t worry, we don`t care about how experienced you are in PvP or PvE Happy If you are a good guy, than sooner or later you will get good at it with everyone help Happy

Lord Marvel wrote:

You just missed this little part of my questions, other than that thanks for quick answer Happy

Andokun

Lord Marvel wrote:

You just missed this little part of my questions, other than that thanks for quick answer Happy[/quote]

i totally answered that lol i played FFXI for 2 years and wow for 5. if you ever played FFXI i was a thf/rng and rdm/whm. in wow i started out as a hunter in vanilla and when BC came out i switched to druid main as a healer. i healed all the way up till a few months before cataclysm and then i quit. i solo healed 20% of yogg in a 25-man <3 i've tanked in raids as well but only in pugs and never cleared a whole dungeon due to... well... pugs. i have tried other mmos like aion and warhammer as well and i simply didn't like them at all and stopped after a few weeks. they were simply ALL pvp and nothing else at all and felt felt a lot like GW (i dont consider GW an mmo =P)just with better graphics.

Ummm... so you never played any other games?

Andokun

Lord Marvel wrote:
Ummm... so you never played any other games?

omg lawl you said games not mmos...

god i'm a tard

lets see

final fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, mass effect 1 and 2, kotor 1 and 2 (replayed a million times) COD MW2 and black ops, Diablo, diablo 2, warcraft 1, 2, and 3, starcraft 1, and 2, every zelda known to man, fable 1, 2, and 3, vindictus, dragon age, wow, guild wars, there are other but those happen to be some of my favorites.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum