Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Vote:
Yes
95%
 95%  [ 21 ]
No
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Riddly Dun

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Shadowdun!

The application submitted by Shadowdun is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Part-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
When it comes to a MMO like The Old Republic. I feel I'm motivated because of my other guild members and/or friends. I want people to depend on me and trust in my capabilities. I want to learn more to help my guildies and I push forward and in the process have fun. Also for the challenge. I love to test myself and see how far I can go. Gaming especially is my passion and tends to be my focus when it comes to free time.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I feel like I have good leadership qualities; I'm friendly, approachable and I always try my best to help someone in need. On the work field I have on more than a handful of times taught new hires the ropes as well and showing them tricks to succeed and do well in the work place. Aside from that my motivation can wavier if I'm not being challenged enough. I feel like when I'm being the most useful is when I'm most energetic. I'm task oriented and will do what I have to to help.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy reading, writing, exercise (weight-lifting), music, anime, manga, camping, rock climbing, hikes, swimming, running, and the biggest hobby I have is gaming.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Through the guild finder on the SWTOR website.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Only if I'm upset but even then I won't broadcast that into vent. On chat you can expect me only to use sparingly only for comedic reasons to be sure. :D

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I hope to meet people with like-wise goals for the game. Eventual endgame raids, PvP battlegrounds and flash-points. I'm also expecting a casual environment where everyone is friendly and enjoying each others company.

From the leadership I hope to see decisive choices towards the goals of the guild as well as an "open-door" policy about issues, concerns and ideas for the guild. I want to be able to be open with the leads and expect the same from them.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I hope to bring a fair and justified point of view, with a hint of comedic tones. I want to give my opinions with evidence and reason. I will do my best to be unbiased and fair.

I also feel I can be a resource to new players to give them help, quest advice or even some game time with an experienced player. Once I reach that point in the game of course. In the farther future I hope to be a go-to person for in-game advice or maybe even an officer.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I think it was the catch line on some of the signatures of the guild members "Casual PvP with Hardcore Determination". Once I saw that I felt this is what I was exactly looking for. I've been with guilsd in my time with WoW but I've never found a guild I've identified with up until this moment. I want to play a game to have fun with my friends and possibly get phat loots in the process :D

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I always have worked better with some pressure. I prefer having responsibilities and showing I can be useful. But how I deal with it in-game generally speaking, I don't feel stress in a game. I play to have fun and if I am having fun, work doesn't feel like work. Outside of a game though I'm laid-back I'll watch a movie, play a game, listen to music, or blog on a site outside of the guild.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I have no pleasure in dealing with those types. The block button is my friend if it comes to that.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Politely ask if he can quiet down. Express the noises are beginning to become a nuisance. See why he is trying to garner attention in this way and if he continues after multiple attempts of asking him to stop, I'll take the following actions; mute him, move to a different channel (if I have to), and/or leave a message to an officer if it really is an issue.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Shadowdun

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Nope.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
This was years prior to now, I was dropped for poor conduct. Only momentarily though I was being immature and I had never been in a guild before so I didn't know my boundries. though after an apology and a word with the guild leader I was let back in.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
While looking for more info on the guild I've found more and more articles and videos about this guild. Only getting me more and more excited for the game and the opportunity to join.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I know you guys want to choose which class I would want to be but I really would want to play each class first before I make an honest decision. For now though I'll make a Smuggler as default and see where I go once the game truly comes out but really the question is that alright? Otherwise I'll roll Smuggler.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Shadowdun

Hi there Shadowdun, thank you for taking time and applying to Pax Happy

You have made are ally nice and lengthy application, few things to ask about, but I will, since I always do ;)

Shadowdun wrote:
What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I feel like I have good leadership qualities; I'm friendly, approachable and I always try my best to help someone in need. On the work field I have on more than a handful of times taught new hires the ropes as well and showing them tricks to succeed and do well in the work place. Aside from that my motivation can wavier if I'm not being challenged enough. I feel like when I'm being the most useful is when I'm most energetic. I'm task oriented and will do what I have to to help.

So your only weakness is that you sometimes are loosing interest if challenge is not set high enough?

Shadowdun wrote:
What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy reading, writing, exercise (weight-lifting), music, anime, manga, camping, rock climbing, hikes, swimming, running, and the biggest hobby I have is gaming.

Could you give us some titles that you like? (reading, anime, manga) and maybe an example of your writing if you have nothing against it Happy

Shadowdun wrote:
What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Shadowdun

Could you please provide us with link to your TOR forum account?

Shadowdun wrote:
Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

Hmmm... PvP is not in your top 3 interests, and we are mainly PvP guild. Are you sure this is right guild for you than?

Riddly Dun

"So your only weakness is that you sometimes are loosing interest if challenge is not set high enough?"

The thing is when I play most game there is a definite end. Though for an MMO such as TOR the challenge is only as high your willing to go. There is always more to do. So I don't see that being an issue.

"Could you give us some titles that you like? (reading, anime, manga) and maybe an example of your writing if you have nothing against it"

Sure I don't mind sharing. Lemme see.
Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Scott Pilgrim Series, Dead Pool (comics), World War Z are a few books I like.

I've been reading this manga called Kenichi History's Greatest Disciple. I've also enjoyed, Toradora, My Balls (seriously that's the name of the manga), Mysterious Girlfriend X. Those are a few.

Which anime I've really liked Dragon Ball Z, ToraDora, Eden of the East and Bakemonogatari just to name a few.

As for writing it might be a bit long but I have a snipit of my writing I shared on my Facebook and I'll post it here too.

"Tim looked at the houses around him some had lights on yet he heard nothing. Occasionally he would hear static from what he thought was a TV. The rain was pouring and Tim could not help but get cold. It did not really bother him though. Tim made sure to be a little bit sneaker along the way. He would look around corners and stay out of the light of the street lights. Tim was getting nervous, he almost felt something was very wrong with his situation. He also felt someone looking at him. Yet he could not tell where it was coming from. Tim thought he was just being paranoid. Yet his rationalization did not stick. There was defiantly something going on.

Overjoyed that he could see the pharmacy, Tim rushes to the door only to see it was closed and locked. Tim went around the building looking for a way to get in. Nothing, all doors shut and no way to get in legally. Tim looked at the front door and he started to become desperate. Tim turned around and looked if he could find something he could use to break one of the windows. Tim looked around the dumpster and luckily found a broken cement piece. He ran to the front and tossed the stone breaking the window and sounding the alarm. “Oh, Shit!” Tim exclaimed but without any other choice he jumps through the window and runs to the aisle where the pills should be at. Tim grabs a few packages and heads for the door before he jumps again he notices a walking cane. Realizing he is weaponless he takes the cane in hopes he does not have to use it.

Alarm blaring and still nothing. It was the only noise you could hear for miles. This unsettled Tim and really made him worry. If there was something out there this would drive it out. Tim’s instincts screamed run home! He tried to remain calm to not draw anymore attention. With cane in hand he grasped it tightly.

As he made it farther and farther away from the blaring alarm he started to relax and calm down. His heart slowed down and the adrenaline was starting to thin in his blood. He stopped to see what he collected. So afar he has five packages of sleeping pills. To him self he says “This should last me for a while.” As he finished speaking a thunder bolt flashed and cracked near by. As if the heavens told him not to doddle.

As he crossed the last street a block away from his home. Tim hears a low pitched moan. Before he could react he was slammed onto the floor. The cane knocked out of his hands a few feet away. Tim quickly crawls towards the weapon. Before he could grab it he was kicked and thrown a few yards away from the cane. Tim gasping for air, he struggles to see if he could find his attacker. As pulls himself up another thunder bolt crashes and for a split second he could see him. Shocked at what he saw. He knew it was not human. The monster grabbed Tim and tossed him against a wall. Tim was disoriented and he knew he was in a losing battle. The monster picked him up and placed him against a wall and said with foul breath. “You are Tim. I’m surprised to have you all to myself. I will savor killing you. I can finally go back to torturing your mortals souls for another eternity. I hope to see you again in another lifetime.” The monster places both hands around Tim’s head and starts to squeeze. The pressure was too much, he could feel his skull start to shrink. Tim placed his hands around the monster’s claws and tried to get them off. The pressure was starting to loosen . He was pulling his hand but the fight earlier drained him too much of his energy. Tim, started to kick and punch. For some reason the monster seemed genuinely annoyed. The monster yelled “Enough! If you stop I can kill you much quicker!” As he said this he put even more pressure. Tim could not handle it he was starting to loose consciousness. As things when black, Tim drops to the floor. He hears the monster struggling making groans. He also hears the voice of someone else he did not know. The monster roars and Tim could hear him running to this other voice. The only other noise heard was the sound of ripping and bone cracking. Then he heard a body drop to the floor. Something starts walking back to Tim. Tim could feel the tremble of the floor as it got closer and closer to him. Whatever is there is just staring at him. Tim opens his eyes and looks up. He sees the dark figure. He can’t make out his face. Then a thunder strikes again. He faintly see the armor. He only catches a glimpse of a black dagger dripping a dark shade of crimson. Then before Tim could say any thing the figure leaps unto a building and disappears.

Tim slowly gets up and inspects his surroundings. He could see the ghastly image of the monster torn in two. Entrails leaking from both half’s. Tim wanted to take a closer look but it would be best if he made his escape before anymore of those things make an appearance. Tim rushes around the corner and gets inside his home. He did not really feel safe anymore but there is no other place for him to sleep. Tim locks the door and goes to his windows to close the curtains, he then turns off the lights. He grabs a flashlight and makes his way to the bathroom. He closes the door, turns on the light and looks at the damage. His stomach is severely bruised and it looks like that thing might have broken one of his ribs. It really hurt for Tim to touch it. His face looked ok except for some scratches and heavy bruising around the temples. It also hurt for him to touch. The one thing that this event taught Tim is that there was something going on and that he was in the center of it. How else would have that thing known his name. After all that has happened maybe some sleep is really what he needed."

Sorry if it's too long. :D

"Could you please provide us with link to your TOR forum account?"

Sorry about that I guess I missed that part *facepalm*
http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=126763

"Hmmm... PvP is not in your top 3 interests, and we are mainly PvP guild. Are you sure this is right guild for you than?"

I'm sure. I had to list which ones were interesting to me in order but it didn't mean I wasn't into PvP as well. I like to get competitive and PvP/battlegrounds are a staple of that. In WoW I played in PvP exclusively and I would have done more if I had found a guild I enjoyed being in. I just wanted to branch out a bit is all. :D
Namluck

Thanks for applying to Pax Republica! I would like to make a few comments and ask a few questions to get to know you better.

Shadowdun wrote:
Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
This was years prior to now, I was dropped for poor conduct. Only momentarily though I was being immature and I had never been in a guild before so I didn't know my boundaries. though after an apology and a word with the guild leader I was let back in.

I respect your honesty. Many people would have just said "nope". No one is perfect and I believe you can learn a lot about yourself when you are at your worst.

Some questions:

Why did you want to join the Republic instead of the Empire?

What is your favorite Superhero, and why?

What is your favorite video game?

Namluck wrote:
I respect your honesty. Many people would have just said "nope". No one is perfect and I believe you can learn a lot about yourself when you are at your worst.

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I was hesitate at first to mention it but I thought it would be better just to let it out.

Namluck wrote:
Some questions:
Why did you want to join the Republic instead of the Empire?

Ever since I was a kid I've always maintained the idea of helping other, showing compassion and kindness. During particularly difficult time in my life, I've struggled being with myself. My friends didn't particularly give me any help. Though after I picked myself up and moved forward, I felt that no one I know should have to deal with serious problems alone. Just having an ear and a friend means the world when you feel your at your worst. I've always felt my ideals were the most aligned with the Republic. Even in video games I would much rather help someone than to take advantage even if the pros out weighed the cons. I would always play the good guy.

Namluck wrote:

I have two. I've always like Spider-man and Deadpool.

Peter Parker is an average guy dealing with everyday problems and being a superhero at the same time. He goes out of his way to be the better person even if it means personal sacrifices. That's something I deeply respect in or outside of a comic.

Deadpool is a character. He's slightly insane, kinda of odd and willing to do what he has to for money but what I really value about him is that even with his borderline insane personality there is a glimmer of conscience. He has to do bad things all the time. But there are something things he can't let happen even if he's being paid. Deep down he's a good guy but besides that he is hilarious.

Namluck wrote:
What is your favorite video game?

Ah geez it's like your asking my to pick my favorite child. :P These are my favorite games not in any order but nostalgia is definitely involved.

Knights of the Old Republic (only the first one. Second was.. ok)
Metal Gear Solid
No More Heroes 1 & 2
Half-Life 1 & 2
Final Fantasy VII
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Phoenix Wright Series
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Super Mario Bros.
Lord Marvel

Shadowdun wrote:

Namluck wrote:

Peter Parker is an average guy dealing with everyday problems and being a superhero at the same time. He goes out of his way to be the better person even if it means personal sacrifices. That's something I deeply respect in or outside of a comic.

Deadpool is a character. He's slightly insane, kinda of odd and willing to do what he has to for money but what I really value about him is that even with his borderline insane personality there is a glimmer of conscience. He has to do bad things all the time. But there are something things he can't let happen even if he's being paid. Deep down he's a good guy but besides that he is hilarious.

I love those guys :D

Spidey is my most favorite hero ever!
Deadpool is close second with Batman and Punisher:)

Riddly Dun

Lord Marvel wrote:
Shadowdun wrote:

Namluck wrote:

I love those guys :D

Spidey is my most favorite hero ever!
Deadpool is close second with Batman and Punisher:)

Forum Image
I can't get enough of Deadpool.
Lord Marvel

Congratulation Shadowdun, you are now officailly accepted int our trial period.

Soon one of our wonderful Trial Directors will start your trial Happy

Lon Shevu

Very informative app + answers. Best of luck on your trial Shadowdun.

Right... stupid me... no comment

Please confirm that you are still interested in joining our guild Happy

Riddly Dun

Thank you guys sooo much. I can't tell you how happy I am to get this chance. I really hope I'll prove my worth over the next few weeks. Happy
Tcyiora

Trial Phase 1: Complete √
Trial Phase 2: Complete √
Trial Phase 3: Complete √

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.
During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 6/30/2011 and ending 7/6/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.
As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.
At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

►Phase 1

1. You must make 15 new posts in our forums.
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 1).
You're starting phase 1 at 11 posts and must reach 26 posts to pass this requirement of phase 1. Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum Complete √

4. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

5. You must PM either the Consul or one of the Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like myself) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info.
(Note: Please keep your Ventrilo name the same as your Forum name.)

Click Here. Complete √

6. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Please read them carefully BEFORE accepting. Here is a link to the thread:
Click Here. Complete √

7. You must arrange an interview with the either the Consul or one of the Arbiters or Envoys via a PM. The interview will be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview.
Click Here. Complete √

►Phase 2

8. You must make an additional 15 new posts in our forums
(Note: Please keep your posts meaningful, these must be done in phase 2).
You're starting phase 2 at 78 posts and must reach 93 posts to pass this requirement of phase 2. Complete √

9. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. Please try to maintain Ventrilo activity throughout and after your Trial, as participation will be mandatory upon The Old Republic's release.
(Note: A game with us is optional vent is not, this may be completed in the first phase) Complete √

►Phase 3

10. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so try to relax and good luck! Complete √

Last edited by Tcyiora on July 16, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 8 times in total

Riddly Dun

Got it. Thanks again on the chance to be part of the guild, I'll get started right away. But I have a question I've actually got a PM (with the list of requirements) last night and I already finished some. Do I PM you with the links to the things I've completed?
Tcyiora

I usually just go around stalking the trainees to see if they've completed the steps haha XD but you totally can if you want to! ^^

Riddly Dun

Stalking O.o?! (I should hid those bodies.) I mean... of course, don't worry about it, I'll update you as necessary Happy

Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum