Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Laughter
Yes
96%
 96%  [ 25 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

_Laughter

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Iaughter!

The application submitted by Iaughter is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
USA

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-6:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
N/A

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I enjoy working very hard to try and be the best player I can be. I play a whole lot and constantly working to better myself.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I would say I am a very strong healer but I catch on to things very fast. Might it be a class, a boss fight, a PvP encounter you will see me learning very quickly. I play a lot at least 6+ hours a day. I am a fast leveler (I enjoy leveling at a quicker pace just my play style). Another strength would be is I have been playing MMO's for almost 7 years now. I feel I am pretty damn experienced when it comes to gaming.

I guess one of my weaknesses would be patience for new MMO players. Now don't get me wrong I am very nice to everyone and would never say anything to upset someone but you asked for a weakness and there it is. I should also explain it's mostly having to do with instances. People pulling overly slow or perhaps people AFKing over 5 times in 30 min. I guess that doesn't really have to do with being new to the whole MMO scene. I should say people who "Jack-Ass" around. Happy

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Other then gaming? I am huge into working with MMO communities. I was a Co-Admin for one of Rift's official fansites. I do a little work for Bootleg Radio which I was going to have my own show but decided to wait until after summer. If you're unsure of what bootleg radio is.. it runs off of tormonger.com. I also run my own personal "silly" and sometimes "serious" blog that mostly has to do with gaming.

I am also big into cooking - Did culinary in a school program for 4 years where I got a scholarship to go Culinary school (C.I.A) Sadly something happened and I didn't end up going.

I do a lot of photography and photoshop, I love biking, drinking beer and wine. :o

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Well to be honest I was a member of Kajidic for almost a year but due to a few reasons I decided to switch to Republic and they all suggest I apply here since we plan on doing things together. I'll at least get to kill them. Or they can kill me. :P

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Perhaps. >.> I can try to be good if it's a problem.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Would hope everyone is friendly, smart, organized, and fair.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I am a vivid MMO player like I said before. Gaming is my passion, with that being said you will get someone who will be on pretty much 24/7 and willing to help anyone in the guild with whatever they may need.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Like I said. Was a member of Kajidic for a good while after much thought I found Republic was more for me then Sith and decided to take my leave and come here to still be able to see my Kajidic buddies even if we kill each other. hehe

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
Honestly, I am a very laid back person.. always friendly. I deal with stress very well if it happens to hit me. Coffee. It usually does the job. But I really try not to let things bother me.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Is this person Sith? *kills them* If they are Republic I tend to auto-ignore. I don't have time for petty BS.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Mute them. >.>

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=202193

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Yes. Kajidic. http://kajidic.guildportal.com Was with them for almost a year known as "Laughter/Miyi"

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Nope Happy

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Nope Happy

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

I think the app is pretty good and we should let her give it a go! Happy
Also, if your app is approved, good luck on your trial! Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
AstralProjection

Very nice app, Laughter, and I <3 Kajidic, so my only questions from checking this out would be:

1) What are your perceived strengths and weaknesses outside the MMO world? Just curious.

2) What made you decide to turn Republic, if it's not personal? Are you an insufferable boy (girl) scout like the rest of us that feels bad picking the "evil" option for our conversations, or are you just sick of black and red?

AstralProjection wrote:
Very nice app, Laughter, and I <3 Kajidic, so my only questions from checking this out would be:

1) What are your perceived strengths and weaknesses outside the MMO world? Just curious.

2) What made you decide to turn Republic, if it's not personal? Are you an insufferable boy (girl) scout like the rest of us that feels bad picking the "evil" option for our conversations, or are you just sick of black and red?

Well I am a hard worker, energetic, friendly, talkative, problem solver, I think things through, Committed, Awesome communication skills.

As for my weakness I get really involved into what I am doing and tend to forget about other things. Nothing major I actually write notes and stick them places so I can remember. I am improving but I might be the kind of person who has to post it her desk to remember events.

As for going Republic.. Honestly it was a tough choice between the two but I really grew to like the Jedi consular going into sage more then anything else. Another thing is my husband is die hard Jedi he played Galaxies for a long time and I decided that I would make the switch over really not just for him but for me too. I am honestly not sure if he will apply here I am big into guilds where he is more social as he works about 10 hours a day. But he will be following me to the same sever.

hi all the best with your app.

I think the fact that you're an ex-Kajidic member should be enough merit to skip the trial completely. In all seriousness you've submitted a strong application with nice and detailed answers, I'm pretty sure your application will be accepted in no time. About the cussing bit, we've got a loose language rule so there's no need to worry.

Anyway you've stated in your application that you've been playing MMOs for about 7 years, could you tell us a bit more about your history with MMOs? For example what MMOs you've played and if you've had any major achievements.
_Laughter

HybridLee wrote:
I think the fact that you're an ex-Kajidic member should be enough merit to skip the trial completely. In all seriousness you've submitted a strong application with nice and detailed answers, I'm pretty sure your application will be accepted in no time. About the cussing bit, we've got a loose language rule so there's no need to worry.

Anyway you've stated in your application that you've been playing MMOs for about 7 years, could you tell us a bit more about your history with MMOs? For example what MMOs you've played and if you've had any major achievements.

Well let me start off by saying. My parents spent all the money they got from my babyshower (before I was born) on a Nintendo NES and like 50 games. This was my welcome to the world gift. I have been gaming since I can remember. I still have the NES still play it.

As for MMO's I started off with WoW as my main focus. My boyfriend at the time got me into it the day it released. I was a senior in high school perhaps around 17. It all started then.. My first ever character was a Night Elf hunter because I loved LOTR so much I wanted to be a ranger. Then I realized how much I loved healing shortly rolled a priest. I have seen everything WoW has to offer minus Cataclysm I quit right after it released. I spent a little bit of time in a guild called "Transcended" who was ranked in the top world 100 during Burning Crusade. But mostly just played in top of the server guilds. Some what hardcore but not best of the world hardcore. I managed to see every raid encounter, hardmode, and herioc up to Cata minus herioc Lich King in 25 Sadly my guild had issues with people logging on at that point.

I also mananged to hit Commander back in classic WoW where my boyfriend hit Grand Marshall We PvP'd a whole friggen lot.

By the time I quit WoW I had 15 (yes fifteen >.>) at level 80 and 5 at level 85. I have two priest healers two paladin healers two druid healers and one shaman healer. As well as a 80+ of every class possible.

I enjoyed knowing how to play each class and be good at it and honestly it made me a better player. Some people might say oh WoW is easy and you're right it is easy they have made it extreamly easy lately as I still mess around on and off about 2 hours a week just to see what changes were made. But I actually just took my credit card off the account again.

Sadly I can't prove any of this as I ugh "got rid" of my old account about 6 months ago due to lack of interest. Almost 7 years of one game I had my fun with it. No idea where or what my old toons are doing.

I have also played Aion I had two level 40's in the game never made it to max level.

I played a bit of STO with a few friends but the game was too.. ugh repetitive felt like all the missions were the same.

I tried AoC only made it to about level 15ish but I was really busy raiding in WoW at the time.

DCOU was pretty ok i think the best part of that game was leveling up.

Right now I am playing Rift I have 4 at max level (50) and working on a 5th level 50. I am sort of playing it "casual" as I have only done a few raiding in it. I mostly PvP. Just enjoying myself until SWTOR releases.

She's a spy, jk jk, nice app though. So you want to be a Consular huh, well you picked the right choice Happy

Last edited by Legendkiller456 on June 14, 2011 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Torvos

I like your app and with your fast replies to the members questions I have no doubt in my mind you should be passed on to a trial!. Good Luck!
_Laughter

Hey there Laughter,

I must say that I liked your application, your answers for questions from members even more Happy

And YaY, we have "stolen" someone from Kajidic ;)

But I`ll ask you some questions Happy

First: Why did you picked healing Consular over Smuggler or (what is even more important ;P ) Trooper?

Second: You know that there are no girls on the internet? There are just "M.M.O.R.P.G."! ;) /jk

And Third: Cake or Pie? <this is most important one, so think carefully ;)>

_Laughter

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hey there Laughter,

I must say that I liked your application, your answers for questions from members even more Happy

And YaY, we have "stolen" someone from Kajidic ;)

But I`ll ask you some questions Happy

First: Why did you picked healing Consular over Smuggler or (what is even more important ;P ) Trooper?

Second: You know that there are no girls on the internet? There are just "M.M.O.R.P.G."! ;) /jk

And Third: Cake or Pie? <this is most important one, so think carefully ;)>

I'll be honest with you as of now the consular seems to fit me. But I am the kind of person who will test each class out to find the perfect fit for me. If that is something you're not interested in I understand. But as of now I am going with consular unless it turns out to not be for me.

From what I see it's more of your typical traditional healer. Hell maybe I am wrong.. but I love being the "heal bot" go out and keep people alive by using direct healing spells over the "DPS to Heal" way. I like both but if I had to pick it would be a direct healer I am going to prance around and spam your face off.

Also hello. To the no girls on the internet. I am a 10 year old boy. I need love too.

As to the cake or pie... well it's hard. There is this layered chocolate cake that I would give my life for. It's like 7 layers of different chocolate with a "whipped cream" type chocolate frosting with dark chocolate shavings. Then there is birthday cake.. you know the betty crocker kind with the rainbow spinkes.. GET IN MY MOUTH.

As for pie... oh pie.. i love you pie. Chocolate Chess pie.. Pecan pie.. Pumpkin pie... nom nom nom

Girlfriend is getting an ass on just thinking about this delcious yummys.

Also I should add. I am quite silly. Class clown if you will.

You, I like :D

You are ok in my book

timaselj

From what I've read about you 'till now, I can only say this:

Skip the trial and let her become a full member. She's perfect for our big internet "family". big grin

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum