Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 30 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

Aveyn Tamai

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Aveyn!

The application submitted by Aveyn Tamai is as follows:

So as per the suggestion of someone I'm editing the main post here rather than just linking to an edited version elsewhere in the thread.
To anyone reading this now...lots of the comments will no longer make sense.
Long story short, it had to do with ponies.
Epic amounts of ponies.

If any of the text codes are messed up...woops. I checked through it on preview a couple of times and I caught a couple broken tags, but since this was all done in word on an airplane (no snakes were there), I might have messed something up and missed it.

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

So this may come as a surprise to many of you, but I am not, in fact, a magical group of ponies who wish to join the guild in an effort to teach that “Friendship is Magic”. Shocking, isn't it.
Sorry for getting your hopes up. Having a bunch of ponies as fellow guild members would indeed be awesome, and I regret that I cannot stand up to that.
I like to think I can get pretty close though.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
Canada

Which time zone are you in?:

-8 GMT

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University, Part-time work

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:

Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:

A sense of accomplishment is important in any arena of life, be it hobbies, work, school or play. Most people eventually come to the realization that to get the most out of life, you have to set short and long-term goals, and work towards them.
Working to these goals with others is, in my opinion, oftentimes more rewarding than doing so by oneself.
To strive for achievement is to work for success in life.
To be able to contribute to a whole, and do so with others, is a /way/ of life.

I have a long history of working towards things with a collective, be it in online mmo's, table top rpg groups, or more conversely, city politics, which I am an avid participant in. Politics especially is a key teacher in that more can be achieved with a group, than by an individual alone.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I am an extremely rational person, who very rarely lets emotions get the best of me. I can however also be very empathetic towards others, and view life as something that requires an ability to plan, but also to discard those plans as needed without any second guessing.
Conflicts are inevitable, but always, I believe in giving a person the benefit of the doubt, and dealing with any issues privately out of respect.
I have a strong leadership background, though I prefer to let others take such roles around me.
With a dose of humour and creativity to round the more serious bits out, I am quite happy to consider myself relatively well rounded for my age.

Of course we all have our weaknesses, things we need to recognize and work to overcome.
I am possessive about my friends to a fault, where the issues they go through actually effect and concern me more than my own issues ever do. I have an issue with forgiving people that hurt those I care about, but am always willing to give a person a second chance, if I feel they have ample reason to deserve it. I suppose a better way to describe it would be, I may forgive the /person/ but cannot forgive the /action/.
I am terrible at dealing with my own physical health issues. I have a tendency to let things slide to a point where the problems become quite bad. I suppose that comes partially from having a high pain threshold (so I literally do not notice things as quickly as I should) but the other half is from the aversion I have to hospitals. Ironically I tend to play healers (strange isn't it?).

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:

If you would consider something to fall into the “arts and crafts” realm, I probably do it. The only difference would be how /good/ I am at any one specific thing. In no real order I enjoy painting, knitting, sculpting, writing, baking, jewelry making, sewing/costuming, gardening, playing rpgs and a variety of mmo's, table top role-playing, geo-caching, hiking, biking, kayaking, watching crime shows, camping, snow shoeing, learning new things, horseback riding, politics (primarily I'm more involved on a civic level), nature photography and generally being alive.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:

The dear leader. I first learnt about Pax way back in the Fall of '09.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :

In person, I can on occasion, while in things like ventrilo or when typing however next to never.
Language use doesn't offend me in the least as far as others.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I pretty much stand by my previously stated pony answer here ;D
Respectful conduct is key, but that's rarely ever been a problem here that I'm aware of.
Keep being who you are, stay true to yourself and your ideals and stick up for your views while supporting them with facts. Basically I expect people to be mature in their treatment of others, but immature in their senses of humour. Don't take life as a whole too seriously.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:

I am open and honest in my opinions, and strive to always state them in as respectful and helpful way as possible. I am a firm believer in not critiquing something unless you have some solutions to offer.
I also have approximately ten years of mmo experience, a huge role-playing background (both in organizing, maintaining and participating in campaigns), and an in-depth interest in mastering the healing disciplines of the game-world.
In a more general sense I can bring a fantastic sense of humour, mediating skills, and a positive attitude.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:

You're the only ones for me.

For a little background for those of you that do not know me, Gaiutus originally “recruited” me to the guild in the Fall of '09 when we had a class together at college. I was in the guild a handful of days when one of the people involved has a spaz attack and deleted the whole thing. Gaiutus rebooted the whole thing up, and I was there for the get go! I had not even intended to think about playing SWTOR til release, but he drew me into the vision he had Happy

So it was always the intent for me to return when I was able to, be that pre-release, or when the game went live.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:

I used to have some pretty bad issues with depression from stress in my teenage years, and those experiences taught me a lot on how to best deal with such situations. I generally just don't let things get to me these days. Pro-active rather than re-active! Deal with things as they come as best you can, have a plan A-F and don't worry if those don't work out.
Celebrate your achievements both big and small, and don't sweat the little things.

When things get too out of control around me, I'm fond of going for walks and taking nature photos. I also try and spend a few hours a week meditating and doing yoga.

As far as in-game stress, I don't have it. Games are games, and never worth that kind of energy.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::

Ignore it unless they're the opposite faction and flagged for pvp ;D
I'm pretty against camping lowbies/lowbie zones and quest hubs, but when you hit end game, world pvp and taking over high level areas are, on a pvp server, entirely valid in my opinion.
((Again to a point, if the server balance was absolutely terrible I'd probably hold back a bit more, but if it was balanced or, we were the smaller side? Holding an area for awhile would then be a pretty awesome time. We do this periodically on my WoW server, it's made for some fun times and a lot of rivalmances.))

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :

Send them a private message politely asking them to calm it a bit. If they didn't stop, I'd move channels with the other people. You'd be surprised how quickly that can often make a person stop, being left alone is no fun. If it progressed even further than that? Talk to an officer about it later on, and in the meantime, turn their volume down in my options and effectively mute them for the time being. Something like that isn't worth the trouble of getting someone higher up online to deal with it asap.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Aveyn http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=373202

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:

Pax Republica.
The experience was fantastic 'cept the guild leader could have been a bit cooler. Just saying. His lady is pretty boss though.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Nope!

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Exploring

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Story

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:

Jedi Consular (main-healing)
Trooper (primary alt-unsure as to spec still, likely tanking)
Depending on the amount of character slots we have, I'll probably eventually roll a few others just to round out my versatility.
For example in WoW I currently have seven max level characters: two tanks (one specced MT/pvp one OT/pve melee dps), magic rdps, rdps, mt healer/pvp healer, raid healer/dps. I have a “main” that I always go through new content first on, but the others have enabled me to be even more effective in playing with my friends/guild there. Not a biggy now since I don't raid seriously anymore, I'm only really active in RP/Arena's there these days.

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:

You'll regret it if you don't!
((Better check your closets))
I've been told my early morning rambling is par to none as well.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:

How many of you /actually/ watched any episodes of MLP:FiM after my “app”? I need to know so I can discuss the intense plot lines of the show with without spoiling anything.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Aveyn Tamai on June 23, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aveyn Tamai

Aw what? The pictures didn't work booo.
You better look at them all anyway.
I spent *days* agonizing over this. Sad.
Jaycen Lightrider

So.
Much.
Pony.
WIN.

Also, 12 and in university already...Doogie Howser eat your heart out!

You aren't a member..yet...but, for this application you,

WIN THE INTERNET for today, June 13th 2011.

Someone give pony girl a cookie!
UnbarringTomb

YAY Welcome Back Aveyn,good to have a vet returning

Well, not quite what I anticipated but its humorous nonetheless. Glad to see you drop off an application again Shani, I will let some more members post their thoughts before we move forward with the application. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Crox Rava

Ze app... it says nothing!

Well, it says that you're capable of adeptly answering hypotheticals with My Little Pony gifs and it clearly states that you are shockingly adorable. Beyond that, all I got was a general "I was in Pax before, I left, and now I'm back" sort of message. So I'll just heckle you with some follow-up questions if you don't mind, miss?

1. I didn't realize you were ever not in Pax. When/why did you leave?

2. Have you played any other MMOs in the past? Are you more of a Star Wars fan or an MMO enthusiast?

3. That article on egalitarian magical pony society blew my freaking mind. What? No, no question. That's it.

Photobucket
Clusterfact

I'm sorry to say that I don't approve - there were not nearly enough pony references to meet our standards. Gaiutus, you have declined apps with twice as many ponies, why are we even still entertaining this?

Happy
Crox Rava

I couldn't agree more, Clusterfact. There were naught but vague allusions to unicorns and pegsai, for that matter. Perhaps you should direct your app to the local glue factory instead, Aveyn. :D

Photobucket
Aveyn Tamai

Crox_Rava wrote:
Ze app... it says nothing!

Well, it says that you're capable of adeptly answering hypotheticals with My Little Pony gifs and it clearly states that you are shockingly adorable. Beyond that, all I got was a general "I was in Pax before, I left, and now I'm back" sort of message. So I'll just heckle you with some follow-up questions if you don't mind, miss?

1. I didn't realize you were ever not in Pax. When/why did you leave?

2. Have you played any other MMOs in the past? Are you more of a Star Wars fan or an MMO enthusiast?

3. That article on egalitarian magical pony society blew my freaking mind. What? No, no question. That's it.

1. I left to pursue other interests. I think it was January of this year, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Time traveling sometimes makes my grasp of dates a bit hinky.
Seriously I left because to me, while I *could* have maintained the minimum requirements of activity, that felt like a cop out. I had a lot of things to get in order in my life, personal projects to work on and ya'll were very distracting to that.
Why I didn't just go on an LOA goes back to the reason for not posting once a week. There was no real timeframe on /when/ I would get stuff done to a point I was happy with.
To be honest, I am still in the middle of writing something important, but, I feel that I've adequately allocated all aspects attributed around an auspicious actuality.

2. If you name an mmo I've probably played it. The only one I play at current in any real length is WoW, and even there it's just for pvp and rp right now. I do however have an active Aion account I share with my bf, a currently active swg account (dunno for how long though), a lifetime LOTRO account, and an active Rift account (again shared with the bf). I have in the past played a ridiculous amounts of mmo's. It's mildly embarrassing.

I am however, as Alex can attest, a huge SW fan, especially EU. One day when I have something published it's a hope of mine to be able to add something to that beautiful collection of work.

I am also pretty sure I have force powers irl.

3. I know isn't it impressive?!?

Oh and I prefer Ms. since yeah, feminism.
Jokes, I really really really don't care. Til I have a doctorate. Then you're all addressing me by Dr. and nothing else.

Last edited by Aveyn Tamai on June 13, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blind Equilibrium

Clusterfact wrote:
I'm sorry to say that I don't approve - there were not nearly enough pony references to meet our standards. Gaiutus, you have declined apps with twice as many ponies, why are we even still entertaining this?

Happy

I have to agree... all I have say about this app is it...

Forum Image

wink
Aveyn Tamai

Forum Image
Cloud Kanno

Aveyn, it’s great to see you again but you need to take this seriously. I cannot accept this application it doesn’t even meet the minimum requirements. I’ve had to decline many applications in the past, a few from former members. You have to understand, just because you're a former member doesn’t mean we’ll wave you through the application or trial process. So please take this time to edit your application to meet our standards. If you have forgotten the requirements please visit the link below. Thank you.

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5132344&gid=118791

Last edited by Cloud Kanno on June 13, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

The ponies should count for something IMHO...I mean come on...PONIES!

Most of the declined apps sucked though...this one was at least well thought out humor...

Cloud makes a good point though, try again, without the sense of humor ... please...cause I know Cyn and Bubbles and Niakori and Davi could use some more female company!
Davi Jones

Jaycen Lightrider wrote:
The ponies should count for something IMHO...I mean come on...PONIES!

Most of the declined apps sucked though...this one was at least well thought out humor...

Cloud makes a good point though, try again, without the sense of humor ... please...cause I know Cyn and Bubbles and Niakori and Davi could use some more female company!

Seriously! The only female company I get a the moment is Mrs. Lightrider but even she gets tiring at some point :/...

Aww... So no more ponies?

Forum Image

But bravo on the app. Made me laugh. wink

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum