Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vote:
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 15 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Namluck

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Namluck!

The application submitted by Namluck is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
Texas… jk jk United States. (I debated whether or not to make a dumb joke so early in the application but if you are from Texas you will get it.)

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
My greatest motivation in life is my wife. We are newly married and starting a life together. Unfortunately my job in the Army can take us far apart but we always try and talk for an hour a day. I am motivated in my job because people rely on me and I never go to bed until I know I have done everything I can for the Soldier at the lowest level.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I think my greatest strength is that I am very flexible and react well to change. I get along with almost anyone but do not tolerate people who are disrespectful. I am extremely loyal to my family, my wife, my friends, and my country and I believe how I act reflects on them as well. I have a sense of humor and I am not easily offended.

One of my weaknesses is that I can be impatient, mostly when I think my time is being wasted. I am the one always rushing my wife out the door on the way to the movies (I hate being late anywhere, if you are on time then you are ten minutes late), or finishing my diner super fast and waiting for my wife to finish. Ever since I got married I have learned to become more patient but it is something I am still working on.

I will always choose my wife over a game. Some people could view this as a weakness but I see it as a strength. She is very understanding and knows that gaming is something I want to do, but we don’t get a lot of time together. (she is finishing up college and does not go to school where I work so I only get to be with her on the weekends)

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I am a gamer at heart. I spend the majority of time playing online games but I play PC and console games as well. I like to swim and go scuba diving. I go wakeboarding at the lake and I enjoy camping. I enjoy watching football, Cowboys are my team.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR guild search function

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
I did when I was 11B (Infantry), but I have dropped the nasty habit.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect the members of the guild to try and have fun while playing and do their part in learning about other classes and raid events. I have been in raids where people would show up having no idea what to expect and then the raid leader has to spend extra time trying to explain things and after a few wipes… ahh then they get it, when that all could have been avoided if you would have just watched a video before you logged on or opened up a web page and read for 10 min. Everyone in the guild should be respectful and leaders should not tolerate those who are not. Leaders should recruit quality members, schedule events, treat all members equally, participate more than the average member, be courteous and friendly, be available, and set the example. That being said, leaders do a lot more for the guild and should be listened to without hesitation.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Hopefully a friendship to many of the members. I will be active on the game and the forums by attending all the events that I am able to. I also bring a lot of MMO gaming experience. I have played (in no particular order) Everquest, EQ2, SWG, Planet Side, WoW, DAoC, EvE, CoH, Champions Online. I played EQ, WoW, and SWG the most. I really enjoyed being support roles in a lot of the games I played. In SWG I was a shipwright, in EQ I was an enchanter, and in Wow I played mostly as a priest. In TOR I would love to play a DPS class but I know I will probably get sucked back to my roots and play a healer. No matter the class I choose, I will do everything I can to play it the best possible way. I have had leadership experience as an officer in a guild and would be will to assist in any way I am needed.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
First off I am going to describe why I chose a Republic guild over a Empire guild. In WoW I played as the horde, because I like the races better and I thought they were more interesting. What I didn’t consider is that all of the __holes that also decided to play horde cause they wanna be the bad guy. I found that the alliance guild were more successful at PvE because people got along and that the horde was decent at PvP cause most of them just wanted to walk around killing everyone. Even when I played Knights of the Old Republic I tried to play as the dark side and I decided to start the game over because I didn’t like all the NPCs telling me how much of a jerk I was being. So, that is why I chose a republic guild. I want to be on PvP server cause that just adds more realism to the game. I wanted a guild that had an active form so I could participate on it while I am deployed to get to know the people better and a guild that was casual/hardcore with gameplay. Of those search requirements I look for a guild with at least 20 memebers and didn’t have a stupid guild name that has nothing to do with Star Wars like “Pirates vs Ninjas”. I looked for a guild that put time and effort into the potential first words a recruit would read and I checked a couple of them out. I also looked for a guild that asked a LOT of questions of potential recruits and did not just accept people right away. I want guild members to ask me questions, because it just shows that they are really trying to get to know me better too.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I deal with stress outside of the game by working out and spending time with my wife. The game is designed so you can have fun and should not cause too much stress, and if it does you should probably take a break from the game. I understand raids can be stressful but that is why it is important to have a guild that you enjoy playing with to alleviate some of that stress.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I would ignore them. I really wouldn't do much else. Those type of people get a rise out of a negative reaction and if you do nothing they will eventually get bored and go away.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I wouldn't expect this out of a guild member but if it did happen I would let them know that it was bothering me and if they continued I would let an officer know. Although it does take a lot to annoy me, I have three brothers and a sister that is 16 years younger than me.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Namluck, My account keeps getting an error when I try to go to my profile. As soon as it is resolved I will provide a link. I appoligize for the delay.

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Yes, The Imperial Guard. http://www.imperialguard.org/ They are an Empire guild that has a military structure to it. Very friendly people and if I didn't decide to join the Republic (as I explained above) I would probably re-apply to that guild. I was in the guild about a year ago but was not in it very long. read below.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Yes, I was removed from the guild listed above due to inactivity. I joined this guild a couple of months before I deployed to Iraq. The weeks before the deployment and the first half of the deployment I was dedicated to my work or without internet. Even now I pay $100 a month for 15KB/s download speed. I know it is sad. I will be returning in the next 2-3 months and want to get involved in a guild before I return.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
PVP

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I added more to my answers that were short answers, so I will add that here.

Socializing is why I play a MMO instead of a console game. No matter where I am at in the world, I never leave the gaming community.

Raiding and PVP are almost tied but I will go with raiding first. I enjoy completing the "end game" dungeons in games because 1) it shows that you had to work together to accomplish a common goal and 2) it makes me feel like I beat the game! even though I know they will come out with more content. As far as gear goes, its fun to get, but its not why I play. The greatest moments I have had in a MMO are when the guild I am in kills a boss for the first time and all the trials and attempts make it worthwhile. Its even better when your guild is the first on the server to kill that boss.

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP interests me because it takes tactic, skill, and teamwork to win and no two games are alike. PVP is something I want to focus on TOR and have guild members that I play with often. Hopefully the PvP will be balanced for all classes including healers and support classes.

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Regular Member I just want to be a regular member from the start but later on if I feel like I can contribute more and the guild thinks I can help then I would like to move up the ranks and take more responsibility.

Which class do you intend to play?:
I intend to play a Jedi Knight but I have interest in playing every class except for smuggler.

[EDITED BY TRAVIS: Namluck has indicated a change to the Trooper class.]

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Yes, how long has this guild been together? Do most of you know each other from other games? I know I will have more question later.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

App looks good. I'd like to thank you for serving and keeping our freedom. God Bless You Happy

Tcyiora

Thank you for applying! Great application I must say! Very lengthy and informative.

And to answer your question about the guild, We're getting close to our 2 year anniversary! There are some people here that know each other through games, some that know each other in real life (like Gaiutus and myself), and some that just apply on their own.

Ah are you getting that problem with the TOR site too..? It hasn't been letting me log on... each time I have to change my password, it's rather annoying. I wouldn't worry too much about getting your link to us, just get it when you can! Happy

I agree with you on the MMO's vs. console games. Happy I really enjoy the socializing in MMO's, something about playing with others just feels so much more epic, and it's way more fun!

Unfortunately we're closed for Jedi Knights... but who knows, maybe there will be a spot open soon Happy So until then, or you decide to switch to a trooper haha, you'll probably be put on a waiting list if you get accepted, which I hope you do!
Good luck!

Lord Marvel

Hey there Namluck,
I must say, that your application is a very impressive one Happy So I don`t have many questions, and Cyn answered yours.

So I will just ask, what other than MMO games do you enjoy? Happy

Wish you all the best, and stay safe out there mate Happy

Atka Talin

I too am interested in what MMOs you are currently playing

And besides that, I'm very impressed by this application. What a read! But, that means you took time with it, and we respect that here. So, good luck! big grin

Last edited by Atka Talin on June 10, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Every artist was first an amateur.
Namluck

Cynette wrote:
Thank you for applying! Great application I must say! Very lengthy and informative.

Unfortunately we're closed for Jedi Knights... but who knows, maybe there will be a spot open soon Happy So until then, or you decide to switch to a trooper haha, you'll probably be put on a waiting list if you get accepted, which I hope you do!
Good luck!

I only put Jedi Knight because I can't decide between Trooper, Jedi Knight, or Counsulars. I wish I had a chance to test the game! THE DAY after I deployed I got an invite to test the game.. /sigh. I see that Troopers are open but would that be open for Vanguard, Commando, or both?

Thank you very much for reading my application! Please keep the questions coming.
Atka Talin

I do believe that you can be any advanced class, it's the main class that we ask you to specify on at first. So, since we're fairly balanced anyway, any would work.

Every artist was first an amateur.
Namluck

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hey there Namluck,

So I will just ask, what other than MMO games do you enjoy? Happy

I really did love playing WoW. I started playing it when it was released and played it until Wrath of the Litch King. I still think that it is the best game made so far and I have very high hopes for TOR to change that, but I can't go back to it because I have played it so much. One of my favorite games was Planet Side because it was the first MMO FPS that I have played. I joined a "guild" and we would use advanced tactical strategy to take over bases and it had some intense battles. I am surprised they have not come out with a sequel. I enjoyed playing SWG because they had a lot of aspects to the game, especially with crafting. I also liked how players built their own cities and players had their own homes. I loved flying around in space with ships that I built, taking salvaged ship parts and combing them to make better parts. I played a bounty hunter before they changed the combat system, but after that the game lost me.

As for right now. I am not playing any MMO games because of the slow internet speeds in Iraq, but I will tell you what console games I am playing. I just got Shogun 2 Total War. Great game, it scales down the map so it is just in Japan, but the combat is balanced and the campaign map requires thought into, trade, alliances, honor, influence. I started playing L.A. Noire for the PS 3. I think this game revolutionizes facial expressions in games and has a great story, on the down side, the combat is repetitive and the side missions are all the same. I know this is not a game but I am watching the entire series of Smallville. Bought all ten seasons for $30 at a local shop here. It is a ripped copy but for some reason that is not illegal here?

Anyway, it is late here, 8 hour difference (from central time). I will be back on tomorrow to answer any questions you all have of me.
Tcyiora

Namluck wrote:

I only put Jedi Knight because I can't decide between Trooper, Jedi Knight, or Counsulars. I wish I had a chance to test the game! THE DAY after I deployed I got an invite to test the game.. /sigh. I see that Troopers are open but would that be open for Vanguard, Commando, or both?

Thank you very much for reading my application! Please keep the questions coming.

Awh that sucks! D: I'd be like... /facedesk lol, if that happened to me XD

And like Atka said, you can choose whatever advance class you like! Happy

Crox Rava

Just a really exemplary app, if I may say so. Very impressive.

Have you always lived in Texas? My family and I moved to Seattle just over a year ago from the Ft. Worth area. Where are you from?

What is it that turns you to away from playing a Smuggler?

Photobucket
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hello Namluck! First off I want to say thank you for serving your country in the Army. We have quite a few military members in the guild, and the guild is really supportive of what we do, so you should fit right in. I'm a 2nd Lieutenant in the Air Force myself!

Your application was outstanding. I really got a sense of who you are. Being in the military I also believe that if you're not early you're late. I really enjoyed learning about why you chose to serve the Republic rather than the Empire. I think you'll be happy with your decision.

Now, I have to ask about your class choice: My suggestion is that if you always loved healing, but you want to try DPS... I would highly suggest to you the Trooper or Consular classes. Because if you choose Trooper Commando (which I thought would also be a good fit since you're in the Army), you'll be able to trait either as a Healer or DPS and be able to switch between the two. Same with Jedi Sage... you could either be a ranged Force DPS person or a Healer, and switch between the two, although we're not sure how expensive it is at this point to re-spec, but I am pretty sure it was confirmed that you could do so, the only permanent choice is your Advanced Class. The Jedi Knight, however, can only tank or DPS and has no healing option, so you'd be screwed if you decided you missed healing. And trust me, I love healing and tanking very much and I am already getting that urge to want to heal again, I will definitely have a healing alt myself that will be level cap at all times and ready to heal guildmates if needed. And to be honest, I think we will be a little lacking in the heals department, according to some recent polls we've conducted, though not a good amount of the guild has voted.

Just food for thought! But again, play what you want and consider it

Really great app, at some points with the game history and character choices it was kinda creepy since it nearly mirrored my own.

Retired Navy here, always nice to see more military around Happy You one of those officer types or the kind of military that works for a living (<3 u Nwahs wink )

Best of luck on selection!
Captain Bubbles

Hi Namluck! What a great application! You really took a lot of time and consideration answering all the questions - it was very lengthy and informational and fun to read.

I am EXTREMELY impatient myself Happy I always have to be early to appointments, the airport and raids. I never want to be holding people back because I'm late and I definitely appreciate punctuality in others.

So, you played EQ2 for a little bit? What class did you play?

Also, what nonsense is this, "I want to be everything except a smuggler"?! Pftt! *wounded feelings* Seriously though, I'm curious to know why the other classes interest you more, especially since the smuggler can be a healer too!

As others have mentionned, the jedi knight class is closed for recruitment at the moment, but if it really interests you, I suggest you stick around the forums (while on the waiting list) and get to know everyone a little better until a spot opens up. Welcome!

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Pax Eternus

Hey Namluck. What a nice, solid app. You made a real effort to answer the questions precisely.

I'm a bit miffed that you dismissed us smugglers, lol, but that's fine, it's not like we don't talk bad about all the other classes in our vent channel, hehehehe.

My question would be, do you see yourself playing other games than SWTOR with the guild?

Crox_Rava wrote:

Have you always lived in Texas? My family and I moved to Seattle just over a year ago from the Ft. Worth area. Where are you from?

What is it that turns you to away from playing a Smuggler?

I have lived in Texas my whole life. I was born and raised in Plano TX and then I went to college at the University of Texas at Arlington. So I was very close to you. I am currently station at Ft. Hood TX with the 1st Cav. Who knows, maybe we have bumped into each other before.

I was turned away from the smuggler because I don't think the character would fit my personality. The smuggler is the rebel of the Republic and by no means do I consider myself a rebel. I prefer the uniform look that the other three classes have. I like the Consular because it reminded me of the priest I used to play on WoW. I liked the Jedi Knight because it looked fun DPS class, and possibly a really fun class to play in PvP. Honestly I didn't want to be a Trooper at first because I thought it was going to be a overpopulated class, but the class fits my personality perfect, 1 because I am a soldier and 2 because I run a company of medics and when I saw that they were adding a combat medic aspect to the game it drew me in even more.

Thanks again for the post. I love hearing your responses and look forward to answering any more questions you may have.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum