Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Valtrics
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Valtrics

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Valtrics!

The application submitted by Valtrics is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-4:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
This might sound funny, but failure actually motivates me. Whenever I fail at something, I strive to do better and flourish the next time so I don't fail again. Quitting is easy, but succeeding is the real challenge, and I love a good challenge.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My biggest strength is that I get things done. I will not stop at anything until I am absolutely positive it is going to get done correctly and in a timely manner.

My worst weakness is that I sometimes let people get the better of me. I'm a very well rounded person and generous, and sometimes people take advantage of that.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I really like video editing. It's a hobby of mine. I like to take clips from games or movies. Throw in some transition and text effects with music and create short clips. I don't want to sound conceited, but I've gotten a lot of positive comments on the ones I've done in the past.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Browsing the Forums

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not really. If I'm with people who are not cussing, I won't either.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Promoting a friendly atmosphere who like to get things done. I'm not looking for "Management" from leadership, I'm looking for direction or Counsel. This game will take a large chuck out of my life, so I'm hoping to become very close with the other members for the sake of my Social Life lol.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
The same that I would expect from the community. Friendship, loyalty, and effectiveness.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The website seems very professional and organized. I always go by first impressions. I've scoured countless websites and guilds until I've narrowed down to about three, including Pax Republica. The other two were role playing guilds, which I'm not really looking for, but I respect it. And the other guild had about 150 members, which I'm also not looking for. I don't want to be a number on a member list, I want to be a name.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I take breaks from various things, it depends on the situation. If I am having a hard time in the game such as PvP, then I'll stop and go do some quests or craft for a bit. Out of game, I like to do the normal stuff to calm down or get my mind off of something, facebook, twitter, email, youtube etc.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
/ignore <name>

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
/ignore <name>, tell an officer so he can maybe get him to stop. If no officer is present, leave vent (unless I'm in a guild group) and come back later.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Valkun - http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1206430

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No, I have just recently started looking.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Never

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I'm a pretty laid back guy, easy to get along with, and the most important reason: I'm drama free!

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Even if I don't get accepted, the website is really well done, and this guild application is probably one of the most in-depth I have ever seen. Whoever did it, you can tell it was a lot of hard work, and that they really care about the guild. How long did it take to put all of this together? I'd like to know a little bit more of the history.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Looks solid to me! You seem to be level-headed with a healthy attitude toward both success and failure, all of which are positive contributions on a hyper frustrating 1% raid wipe. Good luck!

Photobucket
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Valtrics

Hello there Valtrics, thank you for taking time and applying to us Happy

Your application is well written and I like it, I will ask you some questions though Happy

Valtrics wrote:
I really like video editing. It's a hobby of mine. I like to take clips from games or movies. Throw in some transition and text effects with music and create short clips. I don't want to sound conceited, but I've gotten a lot of positive comments on the ones I've done in the past.

Oh wow, that`s cool Happy do you have maybe your Youtube channel?

Valtrics wrote:
Even if I don't get accepted, the website is really well done, and this guild application is probably one of the most in-depth I have ever seen. Whoever did it, you can tell it was a lot of hard work, and that they really care about the guild. How long did it take to put all of this together? I'd like to know a little bit more of the history.

Well we actually started as a split from guild called Republic Navy, leadership there was bad, lots of drama and stuff, so we took our own way and created PAX.
Now we are almost two years together, and we constantly try to improve on whatever we can. Be it trial template, or being more democrating, as in asking more of members how they would like things done, to keeping sure that our TOR thread has mostly important information and not only some conversations like:

P1: I bought x game
P2: Cool
P3: I have it too

We try to post things that are really important there Happy
We try to have gaming days/nights that members do like and ofc thinking about topics that we can discuss while waiting for TOR.
On our way here we had our time in spotlight, we were interwieved bu Guild Launch Podcast and by Beckett's Massively Online Gamer magazine Happy and now we still are waiting for TOR with excitement and are happy about any piece of new info we can get our hands on ;)

I would like to ask you about your gaming history? where did you start and what was your road up until now? I would like to know also, what games are you playing atm Happy

Legendkiller456

App looks good Happy

Tcyiora

I must say, I liked your app too! I second what Crox said Happy

Valtrics

re: Re: App: Valtrics

**Edit** - Guess I screwed up the /quote feature here lol

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hello there Valtrics, thank you for taking time and applying to us Happy

Your application is well written and I like it, I will ask you some questions though Happy

Valtrics wrote:

Oh wow, that`s cool Happy do you have maybe your YouTube channel?

-Sadly no, Copyright issues hinder me posting on YouTube so I keep them all saved on my mac. (I use imovie '11)

Valtrics wrote:

Well we actually started as a split from guild called Republic Navy, leadership there was bad, lots of drama and stuff, so we took our own way and created PAX.
Now we are almost two years together, and we constantly try to improve on whatever we can. Be it trial template, or being more democrating, as in asking more of members how they would like things done, to keeping sure that our TOR thread has mostly important information and not only some conversations like:

P1: I bought x game
P2: Cool
P3: I have it too

We try to post things that are really important there Happy
We try to have gaming days/nights that members do like and ofc thinking about topics that we can discuss while waiting for TOR.
On our way here we had our time in spotlight, we were interwieved bu Guild Launch Podcast and by Beckett's Massively Online Gamer magazine Happy and now we still are waiting for TOR with excitement and are happy about any piece of new info we can get our hands on ;)

I would like to ask you about your gaming history? where did you start and what was your road up until now? I would like to know also, what games are you playing atm Happy

-I've played almost every MMO out there, quite literately. My first MMO was Dark Age of Camelot, but it had a massive population decline when Star Wars galaxies released, and then world of Warcraft right after. So I played the follower role and started playing all the other MMO's out there (or I would still be playing Dark Age of Camelot, best MMO ever, still to this date IMO.) Though I will be honest, I've never made it to the end-game content of any other MMO besides Camelot. In all honesty, I am NOT familiar with raiding, though I'm quite experienced with PvP. I hope that doesn't lose me any brownie points with Pax.

Currently I own all of the big title names, not really playing anything in particular right now though. If Pax is playing something though, I'm sure I have it and can join in if you all would have me.
Torvos

Loved the application. Seem you put time and effort into each question and quickly responded to the other members questions. I see no reason to not allow you to get a trial considering the smuggler class looks like it has a spot open. Good Luck!

I guess my only question is do you have any idea on what role you would like to play as a smuggler.
Lord Marvel

Meh, copyrights often get in the way of posting something really fun...

You have quite the history behind you Happy

I`m happy to give you for joining our guild.
Now we need to wait for more people to come and give their thoughts Happy

Legendkiller456

I like the app and you seem like a mature person Happy

Pax Eternus

Looks like a solid app. I look forward to seeing you on vent. As a fellow smuggler, It'd be great to see you get your trial and fill in our ranks!

Very we ll put together application with quick and articulate answers. All and all looks good to me, hope you get to start your trials soon and good luck Happy
Valtrics

Torvos wrote:
Loved the application. Seem you put time and effort into each question and quickly responded to the other members questions. I see no reason to not allow you to get a trial considering the smuggler class looks like it has a spot open. Good Luck!

I guess my only question is do you have any idea on what role you would like to play as a smuggler.

-Gunslinger, though I'm willing to play scoundrel if need be. Stealth is always fun to me as long as it's DPS.
Captain Bubbles

Hi Valtrics!

I really liked your app. It's always a delight to read well written and thought out applications. It shows you are motivated and sincere.

You mentionned in your app that one of the guild you were considering had 150 members and that you would prefer something smaller. Pax has around a hundred members, I just wanted to throw that out there. But it's hard to be just a number here, when people already play games together and are very active on the forums.

Again, good app and welcome to the forums!

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Wow, I'm really, really excited about you joining us Valtrics. Here's why:

1. Great application... I great an outstanding look into who you are. For example, you're proud of your work in editing, yet you are humble (or at least want to be perceived as humble Happy Don't worry, I am indeed a Psychology major so I have psychoanalyzed you!)

2. You are really really honest. The fact that you don't post your videos on youtube because of copyright issues, even though EVERYONE does that anyway, that really says a lot about your character

3. You are very very nice to compliment us on our site, that was cool.

4. Story interests you more than anything else. You will love TOR.

5. Most importantly, you just seem like a great person and a level headed guy!

"I foresee you will become a great Peacekeeper"

Welcome to the guild and I fully expect another Officer to soon accept you for the Smuggler class.

Oh, and no worries about not knowing much about raiding. We've all been there once and will gladly help you. Besides, we are technically going to be more PvP focused than PvE... although I expect it to be pretty balanced. I hope you plan to stick with TOR long enough to make the end-game, that's my only concern is that you have jumped around a lot!

My questions:
-How do you plan to play your Smuggler? Heals, Damage?

-Where you from?

-What do you do? College, work?

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Wow, I'm really, really excited about you joining us Valtrics. Here's why:

1. Great application... I great an outstanding look into who you are. For example, you're proud of your work in editing, yet you are humble (or at least want to be perceived as humble Happy Don't worry, I am indeed a Psychology major so I have psychoanalyzed you!)

2. You are really really honest. The fact that you don't post your videos on youtube because of copyright issues, even though EVERYONE does that anyway, that really says a lot about your character

3. You are very very nice to compliment us on our site, that was cool.

4. Story interests you more than anything else. You will love TOR.

5. Most importantly, you just seem like a great person and a level headed guy!

"I foresee you will become a great Peacekeeper"

Welcome to the guild and I fully expect another Officer to soon accept you for the Smuggler class.

Oh, and no worries about not knowing much about raiding. We've all been there once and will gladly help you. Besides, we are technically going to be more PvP focused than PvE... although I expect it to be pretty balanced. I hope you plan to stick with TOR long enough to make the end-game, that's my only concern is that you have jumped around a lot!

My questions:
-How do you plan to play your Smuggler? Heals, Damage?

-Where you from?

-What do you do? College, work?

Really appreciate all of that Nwahs. To answer some of your questions though:

I did indeed jump around a lot, but that was mainly because I was never in a good guild. Most of the guilds I was in for other games was just to be in a guild. I'm hoping to change that by joining up with a guild before the game even launches, I'm sure that will help. And the fact that I'm a Star Wars raging nerd so I'm sure I'll stick with this game.

Definitely want to play DPS with my smuggler, but like I said, I'm willing to change it up for the guild if need be.

I'm from Syracuse, New York. (Utica to be exact). If there are any "The Office" TV show fans in here, I'm from the Utica where Karen manages the Dunder-Mifflin Utica branch lol.

Currently employed as a full-time supervisor at a grocery store called Hannaford. I went to college in Ohio after I graduated high school at Wright State University (Dayton, Ohio). I was having some issues out there so I never finished, and moved back to my hometown in New York. Now I'm trying desperately to become a police officer but I keep failing my physical agility tests. I keep missing the sit-ups part. You have to do 38 sit-ups in under a min. 30 push-ups, and a 1.5 mile run in 11:58. Harder then it sounds lol. I just gotta keep trying though.

Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum