Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Pax Eternus

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Cpt Zeeto!

The application submitted by Captain Eternus is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
Canada

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT+4:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
In my everyday life I am just looking to do what I can and try to keep myself open to helping others along the way. I think that the best way to do this is to keep in mind the good of the community as well as my own good. I pursue achievement for myself because it is the duty that life presents us with and it is the source of satisfaction.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My strengths are my experience and my friendly personality. I always try to understand the people around me and to be considerate of where they are at. My weaknesses are that I can get impatient if I don't see any immediate progress towards results. Instead of leaving, I often remain in the situation long after it is evident that nothing is going to happen.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy most playing mmo's in a great community. I find that the level of enjoyment in an mmo is all about the community that you are part of. It's hard to find mature players that you can relate with. My secondary hobbies are soccer and camping. My ankle acting up makes it difficult for me to enjoy these activities though.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
TOR Syndicate

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No. I'm a school teacher and had to get rid of that habit.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect that the leadership will not be a pushover, but will take a firm stand when the rules are being broken, especially when people are aggressively uncharitable towards other players. I would also expect planned events such as pvp sessions that I can sign up for.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I believe that I am a friendly player that can make a good time with others. I also believe that I have a lot of experience and success in video games that I can bring to the table to increase the guild's skill pool.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
To be honest, it first attracted my attention because of the Latin name. Once I went to the site, though, and joined the vent as suggested, it wasn't 3 minutes before an officer was engaging me and there to answer my questions. Now that's amazing service. Two other members later joined my channel and we got to chatting. I enjoyed their conversation!

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
Sometimes I pound my fist down on my massive hardwood desk, lol, but mostly I consider it to be a part of the interest and to the fun of life and of the game. I love to be challenged and to overcome those challenges in a group and to share that feeling of success.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Firstly, I normally avoid the behavior and conversation that leads to smack talking. People who get smack talked to often invite it upon themselves by giving a reaction or by being a clout in the first place. If he's just an idiot, then he's not worth more than a message to his guild leader to inform him that he may not be aware but there's an idiot in his guild.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Call him out on it and see if there is support among the group that he is indeed being annoying. If everyone else just thinks it's good fun, then maybe I just need to lighten up. But if they're annoyed too, then I'll PM an officer.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Captain Eternus

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No. I was thinking of starting up a guild at one point, but thought I'd make a thorough search of what was out there first.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Yes. In WoW once. I was with the same guild for 4 years and never had a problem. The members eventually all left though, so I decided to shop around for a new guild. While shopping I encountered some jerks. I let them all die in my trial instance....

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I think the form is complete enough.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Many thanks to Captain Marvel for answering my questions.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Captain Eternus

Hello there Eternus Happy Glad to see your application Happy

Your application is quite good, answers not very leghty, but are not short either, around perfect ;) :D

Few things though :

[quote="Captain Eternus"]Which country do you live in?:
Canada

Captain Eternus wrote:
Which time zone are you in?:
GMT+4:00

Are you sure this is your timezone? Because you would be living somewhere in middle east ;)

Captain Eternus wrote:
What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Captain Eternus

Please give us link to your TOR profile

Captain Eternus wrote:
Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

I would just like to tell you, that Troopers are at the moment at cap, so you will most likely be put on wiatlist untill spot will free up, or until we will rise cap.

Also, could you tell us a bit about your gaming history? Happy

Last edited by Lord Marvel on May 22, 2011 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Captain Bubbles

Captain Eternus...

I'm a little surprised at the application since I see a lot of me in it. Captains, impatient, busted ankle, list goes on! Well except you chose to be a trooper instead of an awesome smart mouthed smuggler, but that's ok.

I just wanted to drop by and say welcome to the forums. Also, I was curious, what interests you in the trooper class?

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Pax Eternus

Hello Lord Marvel and Captain Bubble and alia,

First of all, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to evaluate my application!

Yes, there is an error in the timezone and, thankfully, I'm not in the Middle East. I'm in Ontario, Canada -4:00. Apologies for the confusion.

As of right now I'm pretty set on playing a healing trooper commando class, so I'll tough it out and wait and hope for an opening. So far from what I've seen, it's worth the wait to be a part of this community. At the same time, Captain Bubbles, we do have a lot in common because my first choice was originally the gunslinger smuggler until they announced trooper healing. You know, I still might just reconsider... Han Solo meets Clint Eastwood is just too good to pass up.

My previous experience in mmo's includes WoW up to Cataclysm, DC Universe Online, Champion's Online, and Guild Wars. The game I played most extensively is WoW. It's hard to say exactly what class I played since I had many different classes level capped and gear farmed up. I most enjoyed playing an elemental shammy pvp.

The link to my profile is http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com/users/index.php?mode=viewprofile&gl_user=2316772&gid=118791 I hope that's what you're looking for.

Cheers! and see you online! (currently playing minecraft and LoL)
Lord Marvel

Captain Eternus wrote:
The link to my profile is http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com/users/index.php?mode=viewprofile&gl_user=2316772&gid=118791 I hope that's what you're looking for.

Actually I meant link to your SWTOR forum profile Happy something like this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=219340
(this is my profile Happy )

So I still ask for you to post it Happy

But thank you for the time to answer Happy

Pax Eternus

Here it is http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1142731
Arkathos

At work at the moment so I can't comment much but basically it looks good Captain Eternus! I am happy to hear that you were in ventrilo, and had a great time! That's the norm around here for our ventrilo users - and thanks Marvel for helping him out haha.

As they said, troopers are full but we will do an activity check and look at some numbers and get back to you with a for sure response hopefully sometime tonight. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Pax Eternus

If rolling trooper means getting doors forever closed, then I'll roll gunslinger. The story should be great, and besides, it's true what I said in my application- community is more important to me than the class I play.
Davi Jones

Captain Eternus wrote:
If rolling trooper means getting doors forever closed, then I'll roll gunslinger. The story should be great, and besides, it's true what I said in my application- community is more important to me than the class I play.

Nah its not like that. You just get put on the waitlist until a spot opens up Happy (If you ask me it probably wont even take a week ;))

Nice app, Eternus! I'm glad you're giving LoL a try and that you seem to be enjoying yourself. Good luck in your trials, and I'll see you in Vent!
Pax Eternus

I've sufficiently talked myself into it. Smuggler it is! (Watching Captain Jack had nothing to do with this decision... well, maybe just a wee bit)
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I'm glad that community is more important to you than your class, but I definitely think you should go with the class you want most! It's going to be a few years (hopefully) of your life you give to the game and that class, so you should be 100% happy with it! At some point a spot will probably open up.

But if you are happy with being a Smuggler, I'd be ready to say "yes" to you having a Trial, especially if you answer this question:

Cake or pie?

There's a one thousand credit signing bonus with the Smugglers. Hope you stick with the idea and take the offer. Unfortunately, once you're in, you can never get out.

Nah, jk. But glad to see you thinking that way, could always use some more talent around here, rather than the blood-boiled barbarians they call troopers. :P

(inter-class competition is a big deal. Its sewious business.)

But welcome! The app is wonderfully solid.

`Ryan`

Awesome application! Welcome welcome.

+++Soccer

And yes community is what it's all about. Well put.

- Ryan
Pax Eternus

Well, Lord Marvel was my first inspiration to join the guild, it's gonna be sad thinking of him as a rival, but I suppose the double cross is common enough among our class. Hmmm... this actually provides a back story as an ex trooper who left so that he could exact more wild west style justice! Me likey. Besides, the pay was probably peanuts and the smugglers who have been posting here seem great companions to sharpen a wit on and toss back a reactor with.

Ya, this game is going to be years of play and I'll be much more comfortable playing to my personality as a smuggler.

Gonna need a smuggler name now... and that'll be Zeeto.

Cake or Pie, eh? Cake is for special occasions, but pie is for every occasion!

See you in the cantina Damek Critou... naturally, I'll be there to collect my signing bonus ;)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum