Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tobiscas
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 17 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Tobiscas

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Tobiscas!

The application submitted by InsaneSp00n is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Highschool

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Well, I've always been the person who wants to 1-up the person at the top of the "leaderboards" in any game. I try to be the best at what I do, so that I have the ability to help anyone else who needs it. I like to be a part of that group everyone wants to join. I also like to joke about my own skill, so that actually makes me want to succeed.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I like to think that my biggest strength is my ability to work as a group. I'll step up and lead if I have to, but I can do just as well just tankin' it up. My biggest weakness would have to be burning myself out on doing one thing for too long. I tend to focus too much on leveling in certain MMOs, and I'm looking to break up that trend with SWTOR.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I like to play my guitar, and play various other games on my computer and Xbox. I will spend hours just staring at walls and listening to music. It actually helps, just trust me on that one.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
I heard about it from my friend who's currently in the guild.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not really, I try to keep the swearing to a minimum.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I'm expecting a laid back environment, with a lot of people who like to socialize and don't treat the game as a job. That would be my dream guild, and I hope that's what I've found.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can contribute my awesome sense of humour, my immense attractiveness, and I have enough modesty for everyone. (Bonus points for you if you get this joke.)Game wise, I can contribute by Trooper tanking, and by trying to be a viable tank for PVP.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I've got a real life friend that is in the guild, and I've always wanted to start playing games with my real life friends. The overall attitude of the guild has got me excited too.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I just like to take a step back and examine what's stressing me out. I then proceed to sit back, relax, and play a couple of games to get it off of my mind. It works 110% of the time.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I laugh it off and ignore him. No point in responding to idiots, that's an argument you'll never win.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I'd ask him to calm down a little, and if he continues, just put him on mute and hope an officer can come and do something about it. There isn't really anything else I can do.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
insanespoon

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I have not.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Nope.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I'm incredibly laid back, I like to PVP, and you'll find me trying to start conversations and make friends. Just your average, everyday guy mostly.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Not that I can think of!

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

ircannibals

I like to think that my biggest strength is my ability to work as a group. I'll step up and lead if I have to, but I can do just as well just tankin' it up. My biggest weakness would have to be burning myself out on doing one thing for too long. I tend to focus too much on leveling in certain MMOs, and I'm looking to break up that trend with SWTOR.

are you going to Raid with us ? If you do going Raiding with us are you going to burn out and quit ?

Cloud Kanno

Hello, InsaneSp00n. You’ve filled out this application quite well. I just have one concern:

Quote:
You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I'd ask him to calm down a little, and if he continues, just put him on mute and hope an officer can come and do something about it. There isn't really anything else I can do.

Putting someone on mute and sitting around hoping an officer will address the issue is not the way to go about this. It would be best to send an officer a pm if the individual is still continuing to be a problem, after you’ve asked them to stop. This will allow us to resolve the matter swiftly before it becomes an even greater problem.

Other than that, everything seems to be fine with me. I’m sure other members will be responding shortly. Good luck!

Im the friend who recommended him to this guild Happy this guy is extremely nice and very polite since i have met him i havent heard anything rotten come out of his mouth only great things about video games (he kicks ass in red dead). I can personally vouch for his char is what im saying as well as his gaming abilities.

Hope you get in dude and either way now that i know how much you like swtor im gonna have to bombarde you with all the leaks these guys find. Goodluck man Happy

Tobiscas

ircannibals wrote:

are you going to Raid with us ? If you do going Raiding with us are you going to burn out and quit ?

I'll definitely try and raid with you guys on the weekends, but I won't be able to on weekdays due to scheduling conflicts (Parents separated, long story.) With all the content in this game, I don't see myself burning out, even if I do marathon gaming sessions. There's just a lot more to do other then leveling. I hope that answers your questions!
Tobiscas

Cloud Kanno wrote:
Hello, InsaneSp00n. You’ve filled out this application quite well. I just have one concern:

Quote:

Putting someone on mute and sitting around hoping an officer will address the issue is not the way to go about this. It would be best to send an officer a pm if the individual is still continuing to be a problem, after you’ve asked them to stop. This will allow us to resolve the matter swiftly before it becomes an even greater problem.

Other than that, everything seems to be fine with me. I’m sure other members will be responding shortly. Good luck!

Thank you, and yes, you are right about that. I'm just used to officers not caring about things like that. Sub conscious thing I guess.
Blind Equilibrium

To be honest, I am a bit concerned about the statement being a 1-up'er as the reason why you are driven to succeed... from my experience, 1-up'ers are the most difficult type of people to get along with at times. However since Omega is vouching for you, I'm not as worried as I normally would be.
Tobiscas

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
To be honest, I am a bit concerned about the statement being a 1-up'er as the reason why you are driven to succeed... from my experience, 1-up'ers are the most difficult type of people to get along with at times. However since Omega is vouching for you, I'm not as worried as I normally would be.

I'll try and clarify myself on that to make you even less worried. I'm not an extreme 1-uper (Totally walk over everyone to get to what I want.) I just want to play the game for fun. It's really hard for me to explain honestly. I just like to 1-up myself I guess. Sorry if I'm being ultra contradictory, I'm just not too good at explaining this!
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: InsaneSp00n

Hello there InsaneSp00n Happy Thank you very much for taking time to apply to us. Friends of our friends are our friends ;)

Overall, your application is quite good, I will just mention few things:

InsaneSp00n wrote:
What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Well, I've always been the person who wants to 1-up the person at the top of the "leaderboards" in any game. I try to be the best at what I do, so that I have the ability to help anyone else who needs it. I like to be a part of that group everyone wants to join. I also like to joke about my own skill, so that actually makes me want to succeed.

I can understand this stance. Even though you can be a team player, you strive to be the best, which may be called 1-uper. I think that this is nothing bad, good actually, since you try to be best at all times Happy I don`t see this as a problem, as long as you won`t forget teamwork for the purpose of being no.1 on leaderboard Happy

InsaneSp00n wrote:
What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
insanespoon

Could you please provide us with link to your TOR account?

InsaneSp00n wrote:
Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

I would like to mention to you, that at this time Troopers are at cap, and you will probably be put on wait list until spot will free up or until we will rise cap on classes. Just informing so that you would know.
Also, if you will be put on wait list, please stay active and post/get on vent with us. You will have occasion to get to know us better, as well as we will have to get to know you. Happy

EDIT: I almost forgot :D

Could you please go over your gaming history briefly?

Tobiscas

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=703601

I haven't posted on the SWTOR forums much, I've been on MMORPG.com discussing the game mostly.

Ahhh, my gaming history. Well, I started playing video games around 5, when the PS1 had came out. Until the PS2 came out, this is probably the only thing I did outside of school. When the PS2 released, I reached gaming nirvana. Kingdom Hearts, Ico, Star Wars Battlefront, I was in love with that system. By this time, I had every game system that was currently out, Xbox, Gamecube, and the Playstation. Fast forward to today, I'm a huge MMO enthusiast, I play Red Dead on my Xbox (apparently I'm great :P) and I've been trying to get into Team Fortress 2 again.

A little side story about my name:
I came up with the name Insanespoon when I was playing the original Halo for computer. Apparently it has become a popular name, and I've seen many people have it. I'm pretty sure that I'm the original "inventor" of the name, and I'm proud it's good enough for imitation. :D
Cloud Kanno

I’m putting you on the wait list. We’ll let you know when a spot becomes available, by posting here. So keep an eye on this thread. For now you’re welcome to hang out in ventrilo and post in this website. Happy

Cloud Kanno wrote:
I’m putting you on the wait list. We’ll let you know when a spot becomes available, by posting here. So keep an eye on this thread. For now you’re welcome to hang out in ventrilo and post in this website. Happy

Thank you so much! I'm lookin' forward to playing with you guys!
Cloud Kanno

A spot has become available for the Trooper class, InsaneSp00n. Post here when you’re ready to move onto your trial.

I'm ready to go on.
Lord Marvel

Great to hear that Sp00n Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum