Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vote:
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Legendkiller456

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, EthanReilly!

Jus talk to people and get to know them. Play some LoL or something with them, and they are really nice so don't be scared of saying something. I've been talking to Pax members for past couple of days now.

P.S-I don't think you can start stuff on Phase II until you finish Phase I
Arkathos

We are aware you have completed those points, but we were waiting to see if you would respond to the answers that were given to your concerns on our charter. If you are going to instigate drama or cause trouble, then that obviously won't work. We avoid drama at all costs, as we're here to have fun and play the game - not indulge in other people's troubles. Our TD's were asked to hold off until you responded to the responses to your concerns. An officer will be interviewing you today to knock that off the list, and touch base on the drama interest before we move forward. Thank you. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

EthanReilly wrote:
Cynette wrote:
Trial Phase 1: In Progress

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful).

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Complete √

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like myself) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Complete √

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview Click Here. PM me when this is completed

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

1) I believe I made over 15 posts since starting the trials.

2) I already went to the Rules and Regulations thread and accepted them, although with a few concerns.

3) I gave you a private message, Cynette, stating I wish to do the interview with you, a couple of days ago, but you still haven't gotten back to me yet.

(In Phase Two)

4) I have been on Vent, although I didn't really talk because I don't know what to say.

First off, I just want to give you a little advice: Try not to sound so pushy when talking to people in the guild, with this message in particular. Text isn't easy to read tone, but I and several others agree that this message conveys a sense of "hey, I did all this stuff, you should have checked it off by now". If that's not how you were trying to sound, no big deal, and I apologize.

Now, to your points:

1. Guild Launch isn't perfect, but I went into your profile and "read all posts" by you. Since your Trial was officially accepted, I count 12 posts from you. You may have had more, but GL doesn't show them, it's a little screwy. If you could please make 3 more posts just to go the extra mile and show us your dedication and desire to help us out, we'd appreciate it!

2. You said you agreed, but you had some questions, then Cloud and others commented to clarify things, and you never said you agreed to the charter after they answered your questions, so in my book, you haven't fully agreed to the charter yet, especially that whole "no drama" thing.

3. I'll be happy to conduct your interview. I'm free now for a few hours and tonight from 9pm eastern until midnight or maybe even a little later.

4. Don't worry about Phase 2 yet, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks!
-Nwahs

Alright, I'm sorry if I sounded pushy, I just don't want to be declined. I'll go back into the Rules and Regulations thread and see what I'll do about the responses to my concerns.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Interview done, great talking with you man, and thanks for clearing things up. It also looks like you should be good on the 15 posts requirement now.

Welcome to phase 2! Happy

EthanReilly

I just want to say sorry about the way I've been acting. I'm used to saying whatever pops into my head, so if I rub you the wrong way, please tell me in a PM and I'll correct the behavior. I will try to censor, correct, and be more thorough of what I say from now on. I applied a top-notch attitude to my application and I should have been as much like that as possible towards my other posts. I guess I've been slacking off in post quality. I am not trying to start any flame wars, or cause drama within the guild, I am simply not used to having to censor my thoughts. I will from now on re-read everything I post and make sure that everything I post is of top quality.

In a way I want this guild to be my inspiration to correct my argumentative attitude, and my general bluntness. I'm looking forward to playing The Old Republic with this guild in the future, and I will take whatever steps necessary to do so. Thank you for your time and patience with me, I really appreciate it! big grin
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

EthanReilly wrote:
I just want to say sorry about the way I've been acting. I'm used to saying whatever pops into my head, so if I rub you the wrong way, please tell me in a PM and I'll correct the behavior. I will try to censor, correct, and be more thorough of what I say from now on. I applied a top-notch attitude to my application and I should have been as much like that as possible towards my other posts. I guess I've been slacking off in post quality. I am not trying to start any flame wars, or cause drama within the guild, I am simply not used to having to censor my thoughts. I will from now on re-read everything I post and make sure that everything I post is of top quality.

In a way I want this guild to be my inspiration to correct my argumentative attitude, and my general bluntness. I'm looking forward to playing The Old Republic with this guild in the future, and I will take whatever steps necessary to do so. Thank you for your time and patience with me, I really appreciate it! big grin

And I really appreciate the apology and maturity to recognize your mistakes... it's not how hard we fall but how fast we get back up! Thanks man and good luck with the rest of your trials.

Awarded:

Hey Ethan, so I miscounted earlier when you asked how many posts you need. According to GL, you still need 2 more posts to pass Phase 2. If you could please do two posts today for us that would be great. Thanks!

EthanReilly wrote:

I totally can feel you on this one.

And these wonderful folks have been very patient with me and I have really grown as a person from the guidance! Having the willingness to grow and realize where we can improve is what it's all about. Keep up the growth; good luck and happy trials!
Tcyiora

Welcome to your voting phase! :D

Mudkipzs

I read the app - quite a good one Happy

Ha he's Quiz Recommended eh? Well I vote yes :D

Mud

Pop over to my Website :D!!

ToR Beta Roster

Miralukan - Consular - Lv.10 | Miralukan - Knight - Lv.15 | Zabrak - Sith Warrior - Lv.6

Crox Rava

I took the quiz and it gave me two Imperial guilds followed closely by House of Karrdes. Pax was nowhere in sight. Can I still stay? D:

Oh, and a "yes" for Ethan. big grin

Photobucket
Torvos

I think he deserves a chance So I vote yes. Just be mindful of what your thinking before you speak. Best of luck!
Blind Equilibrium

To be honest I am on the fence... a number of his posts are well written and thoughtful, on the other hand there have been a number of posts that required him to go back and make specific apology posts about his abrasive and demanding behavior. While I commend him on making the apologies and trying to learn from this, that there are at least two independent instances of this that I know of plus others that are mentioned make me leery.

There is also the fact that it was stated that if another game came out that met his wickets he would drop TOR in second.

This however could be an issue of content of text vs intent of message.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum