Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vote:
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Captain Bubbles

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, EthanReilly!

Nerd Rage wrote:

why do comments about barney always tend to make me shiver? lol

Because he's legend..........................................................................................................................wait for it.......................................................................................dairy.

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Blind Equilibrium

Captain Bubbles wrote:

Because he's legend..........................................................................................................................wait for it.......................................................................................dairy.

Now I have to ask... are you referring to mythical yogurt... or just an extra "d" and "i" in your legendary? big grin
Arkathos

*Nudge* Let's keep on topic people. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
EthanReilly

Captain Bubbles wrote:
You seem to be loyal to the Republic, may I ask what inspires you to fight on that side?

This is going to be personal...

I used to play Star Wars Galaxies when I was 14-15 and I stayed up all night playing, to the point where is was becoming unhealthy. I used my anger, like the dark side of the Force (Bogan), to stay up during school. But because I looked angry everybody was scared of me, and thought I was a serial killer. I thought I was killing two birds with one stone (staying up and avoiding people - I have social anxiety disorder).

You'd think because of this I would prefer to side with the Empire... But there was a girl who I was extremely infatuated with and during this time she made me show my vulnerable side with the help of her friend (who back-stabbed me before). Well a year later I wanted to ask her out to see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith but she wasn't in one of my classes that year and I was too afraid to make a move in the hallway ... so it never happened.

But every time I watch Star Wars Episode 3 all I think of is her and I. I heard rumors of failed romances with her and I used to have nightmares about her, just like Anakin Skywalker had with Padme... And my mom used to joke that I was part of a virgin birth - in actuality she only had sex with my biological father once, and that was with birth control.

Now I want to be like Anakin Skywalker and redeem myself for what I've done and the people I hurt. In a way I want to use the light side of the Force inside the game and out, and if I can't go back to undue the damage I've done I'll go forth and make lasting bonds with the people who I want to be associated with now. I won't play to the point where it is unhealthy, I will do other things and make friends outside the game. I want to be and will be the best person I can be. I believe that joining this guild is just one step in doing so.

Sorry if this was too personal.
Idea.

EthanReilly wrote:
Captain Bubbles wrote:
You seem to be loyal to the Republic, may I ask what inspires you to fight on that side?

This is going to be personal...

I used to play Star Wars Galaxies when I was 14-15 and I stayed up all night playing, to the point where is was becoming unhealthy. I used my anger, like the dark side of the Force (Bogan), to stay up during school. But because I looked angry everybody was scared of me, and thought I was a serial killer. I thought I was killing two birds with one stone (staying up and avoiding people - I have social anxiety disorder).

You'd think because of this I would prefer to side with the Empire... But there was a girl who I was extremely infatuated with and during this time she made me show my vulnerable side with the help of her friend (who back-stabbed me before). Well a year later I wanted to ask her out to see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith but she wasn't in one of my classes that year and I was too afraid to make a move in the hallway ... so it never happened.

But every time I watch Star Wars Episode 3 all I think of is her and I. I heard rumors of failed romances with her and I used to have nightmares about her, just like Anakin Skywalker had with Padme... And my mom used to joke that I was part of a virgin birth - in actuality she only had sex with my biological father once, and that was with birth control.

Now I want to be like Anakin Skywalker and redeem myself for what I've done and the people I hurt. In a way I want to use the light side of the Force inside the game and out, and if I can't go back to undue the damage I've done I'll go forth and make lasting bonds with the people who I want to be associated with now. I won't play to the point where it is unhealthy, I will do other things and make friends outside the game. I want to be and will be the best person I can be. I believe that joining this guild is just one step in doing so.

Sorry if this was too personal.

You seem like a great guy man, and to me, this isn't too personal, it's real. Looking forward to getting to know you more dude, this is a great community for very wide-spread topics and posts - even though i haven't necessarily agreed with some of them. Good luck with the trials brosive, you'll do fine!

Blind Equilibrium

That is some pretty intense reasoning, very sincere and thought out app... best of luck getting on the waitlist and starting your trials. Your direct answer seems pretty indicative of a straight forward and honest individual.
EthanReilly

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
That is some pretty intense reasoning, very sincere and thought out app... best of luck getting on the waitlist and starting your trials. Your direct answer seems pretty indicative of a straight forward and honest individual.

That leads me to asking ... is there anything I can do before I start the trials? Would it be appropriate to start posting on other parts of these forums? I'll be patient, but I'm also eager and more than willing to do what I need to do to become a member of this fantastic guild.
Davi Jones

EthanReilly wrote:
Blind Equilibrium wrote:

That leads me to asking ... is there anything I can do before I start the trials? Would it be appropriate to start posting on other parts of these forums? I'll be patient, but I'm also eager and more than willing to do what I need to do to become a member of this fantastic guild.

You can post anywhere you want. The more the better ;). Even though you are still a trainee you are a part of Pax and can do anything anyone else can! big grin

Hello Ethan! Happy I really liked your application! You seem like a very nice fellow who would fit in well here. ^_^
(On a personal note, I also have anxiety disorder. Just thought I would let you know that you're not alone here. Happy )

Unfortunately we are full when it comes to Jedi Consulars, so your trial will be on hold right now and you will be put on a waiting list. But this doesn't mean you can't stick around, post and talk with everyone, like Davi has said. It is very much welcomed XD Feel free to post and even hop on vent for a chat or a game! Happy

Martonian

yea not a bad application, and speaking as a consular myself your answer to my earlier question about pie or cake was the clincher. lol

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Glad to see you're on the waitlist... great application and I found Pax through the Guild Quiz as well! Good luck and glad to hear you've found the way to the light side of the Force. :D

Ethan Reilly, a spot just became available for the Jedi Consular class. If your ready to start your trial post here. Thanks.

I'm ready for the trials! Bring 'em on!
Tcyiora

Trial Phase 1: Complete √
Trial Phase 2: Complete √
Trial Phase 3: In Progress

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.
During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 5/22/2011 and ending 5/29/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Trial Phase 3 is the voting phase that will last for 3 days. During this phase members can cast their vote on whether you pass or fail.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the right for you.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns! Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Complete √

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like myself) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Complete √

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Complete √

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview Click Here. PM me when this is completed Complete √

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. (note: a game with us is optional vent is not, this may be completed in the first phase) Complete √

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums. (note: please keep your posts meaningful, this must be completed in the second phase not the first). You start Phase 2 with 57 posts and much reach 72 posts to pass this requirement. Complete √

Phase 3

10. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed your trials (whether or not they want you to be a member!) so sit back and good luck!

Last edited by Tcyiora on June 5, 2011 6:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

EthanReilly

Cynette wrote:
Trial Phase 1: In Progress

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful).

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Complete √

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like myself) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Complete √

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild. For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview Click Here. PM me when this is completed

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

1) I believe I made over 15 posts since starting the trials.

2) I already went to the Rules and Regulations thread and accepted them, although with a few concerns.

3) I gave you a private message, Cynette, stating I wish to do the interview with you, a couple of days ago, but you still haven't gotten back to me yet.

(In Phase Two)

4) I have been on Vent, although I didn't really talk because I don't know what to say.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum