Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vote:
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

EthanReilly

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, EthanReilly!

The application submitted by EthanReilly is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-6:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
The ability to become something greater than myself and have a belonging to something that is more than myself is what motivates me to contribute and strive for achievement. I believe that, by myself, I will have no identity or purpose in life, but through my positive actions and contributions I can help create something that is worth living and fighting for. This is why I much prefer the interactions of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game over single-player games. I can make friends and develop a deep sense of community.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My strengths are that I am generally loyal to the people I consider my friends, guild-mates, etc, etc. I am also honest, and I believe that, even if it is a neutral or negative comment, if I feel that if it is required I will say it. This can also come with a price too, by being overly blunt I have the ability to offend people who are overly sensitive. I never mean to, and my vocabulary and vernacular reflects that.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I take daily walks, especially on sunny summer days. I watch TV shows, especially sitcoms such as How I Met Your Mother, The Office, The Big Bang Theory, and Futurama. I also watch movies, such as "Definitely, Maybe", "The End of Evangelion", and "Unbreakable". I listen to music and talk radio. I play on Pogo (www.pogo.com). I'm also playing World of Warcraft, but I'm planning on switching once The Old Republic comes out.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR Ideal Guild Quiz (#1 - 1,400 Points)

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
A respectable community attuned to the disciples and lessons of the light-side of the Force (Ashla). A large enough of a body of dedicated, respectable members where someone is always on and there is always someone I can talk to.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can dedicate my time and the resources of my time to Pax Republica's community. This means being on your Ventrilo server and posting on your forums before the game is out, and when the game does come out I'll be one of the first people on playing with the community.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I took the Star Wars: The Old Republic Ideal Guild Quiz, and Pax Republica ranked first in guilds I should join, with fourteen hundred points. Upon receiving this news, I went to your guild's HQ and found the guild's game philosophy and my own to be very similar. In fact, the only thing I dislike is the fact that this guild will be on a US-West server, and I live in the Central Time Zone. Other than the two hour time difference, I like everything else about this guild. Moderate playing, PvP, light role-playing, scheduled playing sessions, voice chat requirement, forum and website usage required, and chatty/talking is all within my own gaming philosophy. And of course, because you are a Republic guild.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
Whenever I'm too stressed with something, I will take a break on it and work on something else for awhile until my attention is needed on whatever I was stressed with from the beginning.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Ignore him, or maybe if I'm feeling confident give him compliments and make light of the situation.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Mute him.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
EthanReilly (http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1038778)

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Shadows in the Empire (http://www.swtor.com/guilds/9522/shadows-empire). I decided to leave there, because as I said, I am loyal, but I have seen no progress in their ability to recruit members or create a viable community. I discovered the guild by one of the members of my guild in World of Warcraft, and since then applied. I was accepted, but the website the leader, Caille said was being created is on delay, and their vent server is broken. People are already starting to leave the guild. As well, their philosophy does not coerce with my own.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you third most?:
PVP

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:
Arbiter

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I have an extensive background in MMORPGs. I have played The Sims Online, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes/Villains, and World of Warcraft thoroughly. I have been a capable leader when needed, but have been able to be led in the right circumstances. I would like to begin being a regular member of Pax Republica, but if the guild and I mold together as well I as think it might, then I would like to become Officer and maybe even Arbiter, given the right circumstances. I will do whatever it takes to become a well-informed, well-thought out user of this community.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Yes, I was wondering if the guild plans to support people in other time zones, such as Central and Eastern time.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Blind Equilibrium

Seems like a pretty good app... have to say, I'm going to have to google this SWTOR Ideal Guild Quiz though, lol.
Arkathos

Hey Ethan! I've seen you around the TOR forums on a regular basis, and was surprised to see your name here, but not unpleasantly surprised. Happy

First, thanks for taking the time to drop off your application! It is, frankly, very well written and thought out - which happens to be highly important to us here when deliberating over an application. As your only concern and question was the time zones, let me quickly address it!

We are listed as US West only because "I" am in Vancouver, BC, Canada - so I revolve my time here as is my home time. That said, we always go off of central time zone for planning events as it works best for everyone on East / West with a middle ground.

We also are fortunate to have officers from all reaches of the planet, from China (Hybrid Lee), to Poland (Lord Marvel), to Texas, America (Kbrury) to Vancouver (Myself and girlfriend Cynette). So basically we have an officer online at all hours, and therefore have events scheduled for all regions so everyone is included. We have game days (for westerners) and game nights for easterners (and for westerners at night :P ). We're fully international, and I like it that way. It seems to work great so far!

Hope that answers your questions bud, anything else let me know! I will leave it up to the other members to provide questions for you to answer should they have any. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Arkathos

Seems like a pretty good app... have to say, I'm going to have to google this SWTOR Ideal Guild Quiz though, lol.

Let me link you :P

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6055534&posted=1#post6055534

Made by font from Eternal Vigilance. Close contact of mine, and good guy. Enjoy taking it! Hope you get Pax :P

Martonian

Gaiutus wrote:
Hey Ethan! I've seen you around the TOR forums on a regular basis, and was surprised to see your name here, but not unpleasantly surprised. Happy

First, thanks for taking the time to drop off your application! It is, frankly, very well written and thought out - which happens to be highly important to us here when deliberating over an application. As your only concern and question was the time zones, let me quickly address it!

We are listed as US West only because "I" am in Vancouver, BC, Canada - so I revolve my time here as is my home time. That said, we always go off of central time zone for planning events as it works best for everyone on East / West with a middle ground.

We also are fortunate to have officers from all reaches of the planet, from China (Hybrid Lee), to Poland (Lord Marvel), to Texas, America (Kbrury) to Vancouver (Myself and girlfriend Cynette). So basically we have an officer online at all hours, and therefore have events scheduled for all regions so everyone is included. We have game days (for westerners) and game nights for easterners (and for westerners at night :P ). We're fully international, and I like it that way. It seems to work great so far!

Hope that answers your questions bud, anything else let me know! I will leave it up to the other members to provide questions for you to answer should they have any. Happy

oh were suppose to come up with questions..... hmm.... pie or cake?

Blind Equilibrium

Gaiutus wrote:
Blind Equilibrium wrote:

Let me link you :P

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6055534&posted=1#post6055534

Made by font from Eternal Vigilance. Close contact of mine, and good guy. Enjoy taking it! Hope you get Pax :P

Of course I got PAX, gawd Gai :p
Clusterfact

Welcome to Pax, Ethan! I liked the application, thank you for taking the time to make it so well-developed. Happy

Your application didn't leave much for the imagination, but that is a good thing as I cannot think of anything that was lacking to ask about lol. I do have one, however. Just curious, how do you handle situations in which you and another person don't quite see eye to eye on something?

I think I'll have to take that quiz too. When I found PR, it happened to be one of the first guilds I stumbled across while roaming the TOR forums..

Edit: Took the quiz.. I got Elite Jedinja Assassin Squad 8.
EthanReilly

Gaiutus wrote:

First, thanks for taking the time to drop off your application! It is, frankly, very well written and thought out - which happens to be highly important to us here when deliberating over an application.

Yes, I read that it is very important to have well written and thought out answers on the guild's HQ public forum. If you accept my application, you'll find that even when I'm not as well thought out that I do dedicate much of my time, even in game, to having good spelling and punctuation.

Gaiutus wrote:
As your only concern and question was the time zones, let me quickly address it!

That's great! Just what I've been looking for! Maybe if I do well enough with this guild I will be able to create my own events.

Gaiutus wrote:

I will answer any and all questions you have for me! Bring it on!

Nerd Rage wrote:

oh were suppose to come up with questions..... hmm.... pie or cake?

Both! "Easy as pie" and "takin' the cake"!

Clusterfact wrote:
Welcome to Pax, Ethan! I liked the application, thank you for taking the time to make it so well-developed. Happy

Your application didn't leave much for the imagination, but that is a good thing as I cannot think of anything that was lacking to ask about lol. I do have one, however. Just curious, how do you handle situations in which you and another person don't quite see eye to eye on something?

It depends. When it comes to somethings I am nonchalant, and other things I, well, can be stubborn. I once made a guild in World of Warcraft, and I made friends with another guild leader, although we did not fully see eye-to-eye on everything I decided to merge my guild with his. I brought all the members of my guild along, and had only one requirement, that the guild name be changed. The guild name was, "Indecisive" and I found that to be a particularly weak guild name. I found it to be almost of an insult. I had the name changed, but everybody complained, and people started harassing me. I left the guild because of that, and they promptly had their name reverted.

I have some more questions for this guild, now that I think of it.

1) What percentage of people who apply actually become members?

2) Would it be possible to create Pogo (www.pogo.com) game events? I have a Club Pogo membership and would like to be able to play Poker, or Monopoly, or Risk with members of this guild. With ventrilo it could be very interesting...
Clusterfact

Thanks for answering my question! Now I'll tackle your questions:
EthanReilly wrote:

I have some more questions for this guild, now that I think of it.

1) What percentage of people who apply actually become members?

2) Would it be possible to create Pogo (www.pogo.com) game events? I have a Club Pogo membership and would like to be able to play Poker, or Monopoly, or Risk with members of this guild. With ventrilo it could be very interesting...

1) That is almost entirely dependent on the person applying, really. Someone who can fulfill the requirements of the trial within the allotted time will usually pass on to full membership with no problem. You don't seem like someone who would neglect the trial's requirements, so I wouldn't concern yourself if that is what you were thinking. If you wanted a percentage of accepted people? Eh.. I would say 80-90% of people make it through the trial. Its not hard, but some people cannot bring themselves to follow through.

2) I don't see why this would be a problem. We already have a wide variety of game nights (and days) throughout the week, so adding in a new one might be a bit of a challenge, but we are always trying out new games and sites, so I'm sure you could find a few members to join you. Formal game nights, on the other hand, would probably have to gain some kind of consensus.

Hope that helped!
Torvos

Great application man! My only question is do you have any idea on what role you want to be as a Jedi Consular Heal/Melee DPS/Caster DPS/Tank. Just wondering ^^. Good Luck with your application process and look forward to seeing you around more! big grin
EthanReilly

Clusterfact wrote:

1) That is almost entirely dependent on the person applying, really. Someone who can fulfill the requirements of the trial within the allotted time will usually pass on to full membership with no problem. You don't seem like someone who would neglect the trial's requirements, so I wouldn't concern yourself if that is what you were thinking. If you wanted a percentage of accepted people? Eh.. I would say 80-90% of people make it through the trial. Its not hard, but some people cannot bring themselves to follow through.

Edit: Actually I was wondering how selective this guild is in the process of letting new people join the guild.

Torvos wrote:
Great application man! My only question is do you have any idea on what role you want to be as a Jedi Consular Heal/Melee DPS/Caster DPS/Tank. Just wondering ^^. Good Luck with your application process and look forward to seeing you around more! big grin

I plan on being a Jedi Sage, so healer/caster DPS.

Edit: If you need me to be one, I will make a Jedi Shadow.
Captain Bubbles

Nice application Ethan Happy
I also love How I met your mother - in fact, as a future smuggler, I find Barney to be a well of inspiration.

You seem to be loyal to the Republic, may I ask what inspires you to fight on that side?

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Clusterfact

EthanReilly wrote:
Clusterfact wrote:

Edit: Actually I was wondering how selective this guild is in the process of letting new people join the guild.

Well.. anyone of decent character who can fulfill the requirements we ask of them has no problem making the cut. You can never have too many quality members, so we give anyone who is willing to apply a chance for membership. Generally speaking, if someone is a jerk, or just isn't dedicated, then they have eliminated themselves. We've had some wonderful people apply and make membership, and we have had people post an application and never return.

I feel like I might be repeating myself, so I'm sorry if that's the case lol. I'm not sure how else to word that. We are open to letting anyone apply, though we are pretty close to our projected member cap at the moment. I'm not sure how many current members we have on the waiting list for their desired class, but the list is short as of now.

Let me know if any of that stumbling helped lol.
Arkathos

Here are some hard numbers on the pass / declines.

3 Pending.
99 Accepted.
97 Declined.

We are very selective with the quality of individual, more so than with skill since we believe that skill can be taught but character is not so easily changed. We've booted many a player and applicant for poor behavior, and allow only those who work well as a team. If one can write a great app that's wonderful, and the applicant will then pass into the trial phases. But the real test is proving to us and myself that the applicant is a good person, who deserves to be here and is here for the right reasons.

ie: Not for simply personal gain, but to be part of a team and greater community than the self.

Hope that sheds some light on our acceptance/decline rates!

Martonian

Captain Bubbles wrote:
Nice application Ethan Happy
I also love How I met your mother - in fact, as a future smuggler, I find Barney to be a well of inspiration.

You seem to be loyal to the Republic, may I ask what inspires you to fight on that side?

why do comments about barney always tend to make me shiver? lol

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum