Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Blakelol
Vote Yes
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Vote No
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

Arkathos

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Blakelol!

We just need you and him to be on ventrilo more. And more talkative too. Happy

I have updated the OP to be a poll, please vote Yes, or No. Send your reasons to either myself or one of our two lovely Trial Directors in a PM. The final decision will be posted here by an admin after the 3rd phase is complete!
Martonian

I just heard mention about something that happened the other night in vent, and i was just kind of curious to hear from Blake what the incident was about and what (if any) issues concerning him and ObiBen the other night on vent. I hear it has something to do that started with another incident that occured about a month ago or so. I have only heard second hand what happened so wanted to hear from Blake his side of what happened so the air could be cleared and any doubts anyone might have could be addressed and hopefully laid to rest.

Blakelol

Obi Ben joined the channel I was in and said Hi to me. I saw who it was, said Hi back and left vent. No incident really. I felt I was not ready to speak to him yet.
Martonian

Blakelol wrote:
Obi Ben joined the channel I was in and said Hi to me. I saw who it was, said Hi back and left vent. No incident really. I felt I was not ready to speak to him yet.

actually i was kind of wondering what the core issue was between you two in the hopes of building bridges and what not, since were up to the voting phase for your joining our guild. i wanted to hear your take on it and such, so please feel free to elaborate extensively. lol

Blakelol

Nerd Rage wrote:
Blakelol wrote:

actually i was kind of wondering what the core issue was between you two in the hopes of building bridges and what not, since were up to the voting phase for your joining our guild. i wanted to hear your take on it and such, so please feel free to elaborate extensively. lol

I don't have any problem with ObiBen or any other person in this guild. My last trial I said to ObiBen " Well if your a healer than how does it feel that you will never be the best healer in this guild". I regret what I said to him and I did it as a joke and not intentionally attacking ObiBen or his skills at the game. I paid the price for that mistake and therefore had my trial terminated. I waited patiently for a month to have the opportunity to reapply and with my changed attitude prove to you guys that I am worthy as a member of this amazing guild.

As of last night ObiBen came into my channel and said Hi and I said hi back. However I didn't want to stir up trouble so I proceeded to leave vent. Nothing tawards ObiBen I was just being extra careful not to step on anyone elses toes during my trial. I hope you guys can forgive me for my past actions and instead look at what I have done this trial. Thanks and I hope you guys all give me a second chance.
Martonian

to me that seems a good answer. im not about holding grudges for any reason, so my vote for you to join the guild is a yes, just for the record. at some point i would hope however that you two could talk and bury the hatchet since we all will have much more to think about in the coming months than any pety fueds started over misunderstandings or bad jokes. thnx for explaining to us what happened openly so we could bring light to it and work it out. if Obi has anything he might like to add please feel free to.

Torvos

I would hate for Blake not to be accepted due to something he was already punished for, and I don't personally think he has done anything this trial to rectify a no. I just don't want people smearing his name for something he was already punished for. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion tho.

When Blake applied too this guild for the first time he went into the situation with the mentality of how me and his pvp guild was on World of Warcraft. We would kid around with each other all the time telling each other that we are so much better than them. He came in with that mentality into this guild and it got him kicked the first time and he learned his lesson. Over time I told him how this guild operates and that while being able to compete we can still have fun and avoid putting each other down like that. He has done nothing but want to join this guild since he got declined. I guess me telling me how cool the community was didn't help with his eagerness either. big grin
MightyKop

i voted yes iv played a few games with him nice bloke

good gamer too

best of luck pal

And neither do I hold any grudge. In fact I was actually hoping to come into the channel to say hi and get to know you more. With both of us planning on being healers and Consulars, we have at least that much in common, and I'm sure you have experience and knowledge that I could definitely benefit from. Please don't feel that you can't talk to me, or that I might be easily offended; I like to think that I'm more of a "people pleaser" type, and try to get along with everyone. Incidentally, what you said in our conversation from your last trial was by no means the deciding factor on whether you were accepted or not. And as Gaiutus has stated in the past, we put far more emphasis on who we game with as a whole, and that we enjoy the game together, not just if people have talent or not. Also, it would be silly to judge a person exclusively by a single sentence. Anyway, good luck on phase 3 of your trial!

Awarded:

Guys this is awesome! So great to see members handling their own issues and working them out and moving on!

I was on the fence about Blake... sometimes he doesn't fully seem to fit in on ventrilo, but he makes great posts, and it took a lot of courage and integrity to explain honestly what happened with ObiBen, in a public post, and to apologize publicly and move on. Blake really wants to join the guild, I am optimistic that Blake will continue to grow and do his best to be a great member of our community... so I vote yes and I hope you pass my friend.

Well, 12-4(since some votes were changed if I counted correctly), and in light of your working it out with Obi Ben, that shows a lot of maturity between the two you and I am glad to see that. As long as you and Torvos get on vent more, I don't see any problems coming up! Just make sure that this is the place you both want to be, and then everything will move forward like a turkey in a rain storm with a mouth guard to protect oneself from drowning in the typical style manner of a turkey that is quite typical and prone to drowning from rain storms. In their mouths. The mouths of a turkey.

In other words, congratulations you passed!!! Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tcyiora

Alex you are so weird... when I saw you typing that I was like "...what...lololol"
So great XD

Anyway, Welcome to the guild!! Happy Congratulations on passing! ^_^ Good job on your trial!

Captain Bubbles

Lots of maturity from everyone here (except for the turkeys!), it's nice to see! Welcome, Blake Happy

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Crox Rava

Anytime I see people resolve an issue peaceably on the internet it truly warms the heart. Welcome aboard, Blake!

Photobucket
Legendkiller456

Congrats Blakelol!!! Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum