Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Blakelol
Vote Yes
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Vote No
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

Blakelol

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Blakelol!

The application submitted by Blakelol is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-4:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
In anything I do, I'm usually motivated over the fact that I want to make a better name for myself. I want people to know they can count on me. I want my allies to feel unbeatable while with me on the battlefield because I'm a seasoned healer. It is that morale booster that pushes people to their limits, and when I see that being done, I know I've done my job.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I would say my primary strength is working with groups of people and my communication skills. I am quick to learn game mechanics and abilities of the various classes so as to explain to people who may not know about them. Sometimes my attempts to help someone are taken the wrong way, I have been working harder to prevent it from happening.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy playing the card game magic the gathering. I like studying science related topics. Video game vise I like playing League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Kotor, Battlefront 2, and Jedi Academy. I recently quit playing wow after 5 years because I found it rather boring and my excitement for tor drove me away from it.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Official swtor site

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No, I usually don't cuss unless I get to know the people better.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect the leaders and members to work together in an organized manner. I expect everyone to do their best and to ask questions if they aren't familiar with something. I expect the guild community to hold events and the events be thought out enough that people feel compelled to participate.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can contribute a strong knowledge of mmo gaming. My experience in healing will help people stay alive longer. And since healers are usually a shortage in mmos, it will be nice to have one around.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The fact that Pax Republlica is a pvp guild that is dedicated in what they do makes me want to join. The community also seems very organized. I like that Pax is already rivaled with sith guilds to coordinate large scale pvp.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I deal with stress usually by consolidating myself and reviewing the problems. I think thoroughly about the subject matter by dissecting it and forming a plan to take care of the issue one step at a time.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Honestly, I wouldn't react. That is exactly what trolls want, a reaction.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
If I don't find it funny I would just switch channel. If the problem persisted, I would report the behavior.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Blakelol http://www.pax-republica.net/users/index.php?mode=viewprofile&gl_user=2245218&gid=118791

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I am a nice helpful person and I bring a role that is usually underplayed in mmos. I can't wait to heal you guys :D

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Vaaluk

Well, hi Blakelol welcome to Pax & thx for putting forth an application Happy
Usually players who chose the way of healing and support are good people (stereotyping sry if misspelled)
And seems that you fulfilled most of all the points in the app but i shall go deeper in a couple of questions

Quote:

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I deal with stress usually by consolidating myself and reviewing the problems. I think thoroughly about the subject matter by dissecting it and forming a plan to take care of the issue one step at a time.

I guess that answer applies both in-game and out but... could you be a little more specific Happy
Quote:

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Honestly, I wouldn't react. That is exactly what trolls want, a reaction.

What if he keeps that behavior?

Quote:

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can contribute a strong knowledge of mmo gaming. My experience in healing will help people stay alive longer. And since healers are usually a shortage in mmos, it will be nice to have one around.

Well as far as i know we've got a lot of healers here in Pax tongue out (correct me if im wrong xd)

And last...

Quote:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I am a nice helpful person and I bring a role that is usually underplayed in mmos. I can't wait to heal you guys :D

I hope your app gets accepted and cannot wait to play healing role at your side (healers ftw!)
Good luck and cya wink

Vaaluk
Torvos

Hey man I liked you application and it is always nice to have a healers around as a DPS ^^. Just answer some of Vaaluk questions and I hope you get put on the waiting list at least =D.
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Blakelol

Hi there Blakelol, thanks for the time you have put into applying to us.

Your application is quite good, though I would have few questions:

Blakelol wrote:
What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I would say my primary strength is working with groups of people and my communication skills. I am quick to learn game mechanics and abilities of the various classes so as to explain to people who may not know about them. Sometimes my attempts to help someone are taken the wrong way, I have been working harder to prevent it from happening.

You are sure that those are all your weaknesses?

Blakelol wrote:
Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Right me if I am wrong, but didn`t we remove you from trial last time for poor behavior?

Blakelol wrote:

Last time you have shown something quite different. Are you ready to prove us, that you are now a better person?

Taic

Hey Blakelol! Glad to see you are re-applying. However, this seems kinda like a generic copy and paste of the original application, or at least I couldn't see any mention of your previous one. Marvel hit on the big points but I would like to know what have you learned about the incidents that led to the conclusion of your last application?

Blind Equilibrium

I agree with Marvel when it comes to your app... and to be perfectly honest it bothers me deeply that for all intents and purposes you either didn't put forth the effort to fill out a new app with current answers or were out and out dishonest about the question:

Blakelol wrote:
No

Especially when checking the strike and purge list to see a large number of Article violations is easily accomplished
Blakelol

I guess that answer applies both in-game and out but... could you be a little more specific?"

Stress can be caused by just about anything, so I answered the question in a broad sense that I would consider universally acceptable to deal with any type of stress.

"What if he keeps that behavior?"

Two words: ignore list.

"You are sure that those are all your weaknesses?"

Yes I'm sure. I've had the last month to think about my wrong doing. As a result I believe any sort of negative behavior has been removed from my persona.

"didn't put forth the effort to fill out a new app" "this seems kinda like a generic copy and paste of the original application"

Well, all I can say is I am sorry you guys believe this. I suppose you'll just have to trust me when I say that not a single word, phrase, punctuation, or thought was copied from my original application.

"Right me if I am wrong, but didn`t we remove you from trial last time for poor behavior?"
"were out and out dishonest about the question"
Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?

The reason why I answered no to this question is because I don't believe I was ever in this guild. Seeing as how people in their trials aren't considered members. I'm quite sure the farthest I made it before was phase 2 of my trial.

"Last time you have shown something quite different. Are you ready to prove us, that you are now a better person?"

My most recent job has taught me a lot when it comes to interacting with other people and that even though I may know I'm better than someone at something, it is better to not flaunt it, but prove it rather and perhaps show them my techniques. I acknowledge that everyone in this community strives to better themselves, and that my friends is extremely admirable in my eyes.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Taic wrote:
Hey Blakelol! Glad to see you are re-applying. However, this seems kinda like a generic copy and paste of the original application, or at least I couldn't see any mention of your previous one. Marvel hit on the big points but I would like to know what have you learned about the incidents that led to the conclusion of your last application?

For the record guys, I checked Blakelol's old application. Taic, you really should't make accusations like that (that it was a copy of the old application) without any evidence. Not only is this an original application, this application is twice as long and in depth as the old one... a much better application this time around.

Whether you're a fit for this community or not, though remains to be seen Blakelol. I for one am willing to give you a second and final chance though.

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
For the record guys, I checked Blakelol's old application. Taic, you really should't make accusations like that (that it was a copy of the old application) without any evidence. Not only is this an original application, this application is twice as long and in depth as the old one... a much better application this time around.

Whether you're a fit for this community or not, though remains to be seen Blakelol. I for one am willing to give you a second and final chance though.

I apologize for any accusations that have been perceived. That is not my intent to belittle him.

Vanden Norr

I admire your persistence and desire to be a part of Pax, which is why I am in favor giving you a second go at the trial process. Hopefully you have learned from your past mistakes and will not be turned away during the voting process.

Knowing Blake in real life sense he is on of my real life friends I can't explain to you how bad he wants to be apart of our ranks here at Pax Republica. During his last trial phase he screwed up and therefore he paid the price by his trial being terminated. His dedication to wanting to be in this guild brings him back here one month later and I feel it would be harsh to not give someone the chance to redeem themselves and prove to all of us that he deserves a place within our ranks.

Over the past month I have told him about you guys and how kind you guys are and how awesome it is to finally have a community that actually wants to play with eachother for the sake of having fun and not just phat loots. I think he has a better understanding of what this guilds goals are and therefore I think his whole mentality has changed on how to come across.

With that said I think he deserves a chance to complete the trial once a spot opens. I think you guys should keep a close eye on him and I think he knows he deserves it after what happened last time. Hopefully in the end he can show you all how great of a guy he really is.
Lord Marvel

I`m all for giving second chances. If he changed as he said, than I see no reason to deny him possibility to join.

Jaycen Lightrider

I agree with marvel and nwahs, I'm all for second chances. I hope you are given the opportunity to shine.
Good luck!
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Your wish has been granted! You are now officially on the waitlist. If one of our Consulars leave or are removed, you will be notified and a Trial Director will enter you into Phase 1.

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Your wish has been granted! You are now officially on the waitlist. If one of our Consulars leave or are removed, you will be notified and a Trial Director will enter you into Phase 1.

Haha Nwahs you sounded like a genie tongue out . Can I have some wishes granted too perhaps big grin.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum