Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Pauliosis

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Pauliosis!

The application submitted by Paul is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
High school (i work during the summer)

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I am a bit of an achievement whore. I love to game and mmorpg's have to be my favorite type of game. If i do not beat something I try to finish it, i almost never leave anything unfinished.Playing with friends helps motivate me to do better if they are doing better then me, or if they are not doing so well. i have a deep seated need in my mind, to be one of the best. (i may suck at sports but this applies to gaming). i try never to leave things unfinished..( sometimes i am a perfectionist). I expect to have a lifelong goal at succeeding and you can not succeed without doing well and setting the bar for others. I work hard when i am not feeling lazy(even though i am lazy a lot...) and when i feel like i am being challenged. I love a good challenge... i try never to give up, and that is what motivates me... mental, physical, or otherwise wink . I try never to be too lazy and this helps, but some days i just use to rest (even if i am lying lackadaisically in bed, i try to get some gaming time).

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Well, one strength (and maybe a weakness) is that i am very vocal, i like to talk. I am very attentive, i am a bit of a perfectionist, and i am very energetic. I am usually pretty good at any game I play.One main weakness of mine is, ice cream......that is all i can think of right now. (also, i sometimes, once in a blue moon, rage. It never really is that bad maybe a couple curses but that is it, i learn to live with video games.... also.. I am not the most eager to stay up late-ish.. but if the guild will then i will as well..... and i usually can not play in the afternoon (eastern time) on weekdays.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Gaming is mainly what i do, i do like to do some physical activity. I play lacrosse, i like to hang out with friends and basically do what a teen does. However, i am not a jerk or a disrespectful fool such as most of my peers in this new age. Also, i do not like to go to stupid parties.... gaming is more fun XD. I have played a various amount of games such as RIFT, World of Warcraft, a little bit of Everquest and some Lord of The Rings Online. A game I am very into right now, and will probably still be an avid player of until Star Wars:tor comes out is League of Legends; also i understand some pax members play it. I play all the battlefields (1942, vietnam, battlefield 2)....(unfortunately not battlefield 2142.. still have yet to attain said game). I like to play first person shooters, such as any call of duty(my favorite would have to be CoD 2). However, my favorite fps would hands down be battlefield bad company:2 (for Xbox), because i just love Dice and that game was in my humble opinion a masterpiece....(sadly my copy has been misplaced at the moment) I have played some Eve online. I sometimes play of Warcraft III... Starcraft II is epic (even though i fail to own it )I have also been recently playing the Gears III beta.. lots of fun. I tend to play most non- MMO games on consoles... i am too stupid to buy a console controller.... and all my r.l. friends have an Xbox. I also own various other games, but i do not plat them or can not remember them at the moment. And i really, really want to buy minecraft......(i have played the epicness that is minecraft... i still do not own it but am working on that huge problem) Last comment... i hope i am doing this correctly, when i am not playing lacrosse( in the spring) my day usually revolves around gaming (especially during the summer) unfortunately most weekday afternoons (U.S. eastern, GMT-5:00) i am unable to play either because of school or work.. but i try to work around this.
P.S. one last thing... just thought of this.... i like to do in my free time, and i still do it on my not-free time, i like a good suspense/thriller book. Even a mystery is good. I may get bored to death by classic novels.. but i can bear them..... basically any good read if it is put in-front of me i will read it.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
I was playing with some people on League of Legends and i was recomended to this site

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
I sometimes do i try not to tho

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect them to be friendly, nice, and eager to advance in this upcoming awesome game

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I believe that i can contribute a colorful opinion on many topics, and also i am looking forward to being a trooper in SWTOR (i heard you guys need some ;) )

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
first, i heard your guild was looking for troopers. Second, the person i was playing with in LoL seemed very nice and talked about your guild having a couple hundred nice people who were eager gamers/

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I try to forget, forgive and forget. And with games, i always go by the saying "it is just a game, so have fun do not be mad"

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I just laugh (not at him) and tell him how misguided he is. And if he is speaking the truth i just agree with him and say, "yes it is true; and how does this help anyone?"

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I ask him to stop, and if he does not i either talk to a higher up, or just switch to a different channel.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
my swtor forum name is Flarg, and http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=271062 is the link to the profile... nothing on it... to lazy to change it XD

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
NO!

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
I have never been kicked from a guild, people usually find me to be a nice, kindhearted, generous person.... i try not to leave a guild unless the guild leader start to become corrupt or the guild falls apart, but i doubt this guild will

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Exploring

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:
Regular Member (if the leaders of the guild see fit to promote me.. i will humbly accept wink )

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I am an eager gamer who likes to make friends and have fun with any game. Whether it be an fps, or an mmorpg, or anything else. I try to make the best of every situation, and i try to have fun however i can.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Pauliosis on May 2, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 6 times in total
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hello and welcome to our forums Flarg. Thanks for taking the time to apply. I just have a few questions for you:

1. What's your forum name supposed to be (the Damn owever took AI?)

2. Could you answer the "have you ever been kicked..." question again? It looks like you copy and pasted a different answer there or something.

Thanks!

yeah! Hi paul
was fun playing lol with us the other night.
was fun.

also on vent too.

was nice talkin you .
best of luck with the app:

Hi Paul

Good luck with your app nice playing the other night too. Catch me on comms if you fancy a chat.

S.
Lord Marvel

Hello there Paul, Thanks for checking Pax out and posting application Happy

Your application is quite good, some answers are a bit short, but it`s still quite good.

Could you tell us a bit about your gaming and MMO history? Happy

Tcyiora

Hello Paul Happy I rather liked your application as well! I agree with Marvel that some of your answers were a bit short, but it was still good Happy

So... ice cream eh? :P

Pauliosis

re: my app

Thank you all for helping me fix this app.. it seems to be coming along ( guess i never was that much of an editor) I am trying to apply all of your very helpful suggestion (and they have been helpful) and maybe one day in the near future, this will actually be a respectable app
Lord Marvel

re: Re: my app

Lord Marvel wrote:

Pauliosis wrote:
Thank you all for helping me fix this app.. it seems to be coming along ( guess i never was that much of an editor) I am trying to apply all of your very helpful suggestion (and they have been helpful) and maybe one day in the near future, this will actually be a respectable app

Well this does not answer my question. please answer it when you will have time.

Pauliosis

re: Re: my app

Lord Marvel wrote:
Lord Marvel wrote:

Pauliosis wrote:

Well this does not answer my question. please answer it when you will have time.

I am very sorry, i put my gaming history in the "free time" section. My bad, well ... I have played Rift, I have played extensively played World of Warcraft, all three expacs (but not playing right now) A tiny bit of everquest (if i spelled that correctly), a little bit of Lord of the Rings Online, and League of Legends (if that counts... its description says it does XD) i am pretty sure that is it... once again sorry for the misunderstanding
Lord Marvel

Oh my :D You didn`t need to put it in your application.

It was just question to answer in normal post, but thanks for answer anyway Happy

Torvos

Hey man I appreciate your time to fix your app to answer some questions of the members of Pax Republica. Love how you love all kind of games in general and you have played quite a few MMO's. You got my vote at least to get a trial big grin.
Lord Marvel

You have a green light from me mate

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

You're the Trooper Captain Marvel, I say put him on the wait list!

Wait list? We have 24 Troopers, if anything I would accept him into trial already, and I will do that now Happy

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Oh yeah... that's why you're the Trooper Captain and I'm not!

Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum