Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Omega Reaven

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Omega Reaven!

The application submitted by Omega Reaven is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
United States

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT+5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Happiness. I love to have fun with people and nothing is more fun then success. That doesn't even meaning winning a game it means accomplishing what my group or friends wanted to do. Hearing someone say "that was awesome!" "I had so much fun" and the likes brings a smile to my face. I want the game to be enjoyable for everyone around me and if were not achieving our goals what the heck is fun about that! When it comes to the guild my motivation is it's growth. There is always room to grow and ill work to see us at our peak of epicness.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths -
*My strengths I hope will be come obvious to everyone who knows me. Im highly patient and deal with stress very well its extremely rare to see Omega Rage and nothing compared the Lee Rage when you do lol.
*I consider myself a very kind people person and tend to get along well with everyone and if I have a problem with you I'll let you know in a down to earth manner.
I love to socialize and talk with anyone whether its about TOR or about how im a BIRD MOTHER ****ER! I just really enjoy the thought of getting to know all the members on more then a gaming level.
*Id say my greatest strength is my amazing accents as you can ask Kbrury there freaking fantastic.

Weaknesses -
*Im not very outspoken it takes me a long time to tell someone theyve done something bad or have wronged me. I find it difficult to be mean even if what im saying isnt very harsh.
*I sometimes get off track and lose a since purpose. This can be bad when im in a game and I get distracted.
*Im a horrible speller if you havent noticed by now. My grammar is horrible.
*My most common weakness is the fact that life kicks my ass a lot. I originally left this guild because of life being to much to handle and my emotions were just all over the place. Ive since then dealt with what caused then and have slowly but surely settled my life down.
*My biggest weakness caused the above^^^^^ Its...........women. What can i say they just have a way of making me dumber lol

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Besides gaming which is by far my biggest interest im pretty much the typical nerd.
*I love to make AMV's or Anime Music Videos or GMV's Game Music Videos. I make these by picking a anime or video game and use the footage and match it with a song to make something badass. Ive made over 50 amvs on youtube and have about 54 subs.
*In relevance to the above I love anime. I started out mainstream with series like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc but have a interest in just about all of them. I think anime is better then regular tv shows because the story on average has a deeper plot.....plus I love Japanese.
*Reading is one of my more common hobbies specially during school time. I'll read anything that captures my attention but usually my mind favors the realm of fantasy and sci fiction. Some of my fav series are Codex Alera, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Eragon, The Immortal Instruments, and many more. I think reading is a huge key to having a successful imagination.
*I truly love writing and feel that its my calling in the world. Ever since i can remember i have written stories, poems, and song lyrics just because i enjoyed doing so. Though life has taught me its bloody hard to get into this field and safer to do it in my spare time. SO i decided to go into nursing as my career but still do writing as my love.
*Im a University of Kentucky Basketball fanatic so because of this I love to go to a court and play a pick up game or just shoot some hopes by myself. Basketball is hands down the best sport xD

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Originally through swtor.com but now im a walking advertisement myself!

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Yes id be lying if i said no xD but I can restrain when asked and never want to offend someone.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
*I expect them to treat everyone in this guild as a voice and individual. A success full guild will take the view, ideas, and feelings of all members before taking action. BUT this means that we the members must TELL how we feel. None of the leadership in this guild can help or fix a problem if you don't tell them what it is.
*I expect everyone to treat each other with respect. We are all people with feelings and having someone walk on those even if its just playing around is unacceptable. You can play and joke around without offending someone, there is always a way to have fun and be polite Happy
*I expect everyone to be active whether in the forums or on vent and would rather everyone do both lol. This is because how can i get to know someone if their never on? By being active we can grow as a community, as gamers, and as human beings.
*I expect everyone to try when it comes to gaming. And noIi don't mean everyone has to be amazing at a game, BUT you can easily tell when someone is messing around and not putting there all into a game. Fun is all good but you have to be serious sometimes to.
*I expect us all to not give up. I saw this from LoL experience and its one of my pet peeves. Is surrender ok? Yes. But constantly saying "THIS IS OVER" "WE CAN'T WIN" "I QUIT" just grinds my gears. It's pretty dang hard for me to decide a game is worth quitting so please tough it out if theres even a smudge of hope ;)
*I expect karaoke night and COOKIES!!!!!!

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Well when it comes to gaming im a fairly good player. I learn quickly, take directions incredibly well, and when needed i can teach and lead new people. Im also great at talking to people so I think I could really help the guild by being friendly to members and other guilds(I love talking to are rivals muh ha ha ha). I also really love getting involved with the growth of the guild. If a leader asks me a question on a future improvement of the guild ill talk with him about the ups and downs with honest answers REGARDLESS of his/her position in the guild. I can contribute my time into the guild by helping with duties and activities, by always being active, and in the future I can donate to help the guild grow. When the time comes to do PVP, PVE, Crafting, etc I can and will do them all based on the guilds needs. Thats my main goal is to donate everything I am as a person and a gamer to the guilds growth.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
When it comes to this im a little biased and im happy to admit it. When I first joined Pax I was skeptic if I would fit in, but soon realized this guild was different from any other I had been in and that reason is.....THE MEMBERS! Most guilds forget that people in a guild should know and care about each other. I don't want to know Cyn the Trial Director or Stealth B-2 former smuggler captain. I want to know Cyn the girl whos badass at art or Stealth the guy who has some odd fascination with calculators and goes Garen mid :P lol. Thats why I love Pax because everyone in it is a person who loves to share more then just there passion for gaming.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
When dealing with stress in-game I won't lie ive been known to cuss and get a little mad, but usually I deal with it by not talking. I'll ponder whats stressing me out and find a way to deal with it without causing more stress for myself or others. Im not he greatest at dealing with stress out of game as can be seen from my quitting of the guild. I have a hard time telling people how I feel, i usually just hold it in so they wont be hurt or disappointed. Though recently I found the perfect thing to deal with the stress and thats my old love of Basketball. It helps me chill and relax from all the daily nerves.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I have two ways i deal with this. One I ignore them in all ways. This means i don't put them on a ignore list, or mute them, or anything of that nature I just pretend they don't exist lol. My second way is my way fav way and its simple i just say i want to marry them or make babies. Usually people I do this to will become playful instead of smack talking and that means I don't have to imagine them dead.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I ask them kindly to stop and explain why I want them to do this. If it continues ill ask one more time for them to stop that its rude to keep doing something when its clearly bothering me. The if after being kind fails ill tell one of the admins how they are behaving and let them know I've asked kindly for them to stop.I might also record what they are doing if its that bad so the admins know exactly how bad it was.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Omegareaven - http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=151215

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
This guild and like 3 years ago I was in a rp guild but for the life of me I dont recall its name :S because it just wasn't my fit.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Nope im a little angel > muh ha ha ha

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Mainly the fact that I am highly active in vent. I love to be there talking to people or playing games. I might not be as active on the forums but im on vent daily. I can also contribute my dedication to perform any duties the guild needs done. BUT MAINLY IM OMEGA IM A LEGEND!!!!!!! Or so ive been told.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Cake or Pie? Chicken or the Egg? How much wood can a woodchuck chuck? WILL I FINALLY GET COOKIES?! Can I have a chibi? I mean itd be adorable just look at me.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Stealth B-2

THE LEGEND HAS RETURNED!

This post has the Stealth B-2 stamp of awesomeness, awarded only to the most awesome of awesome.
Taic

This makes me want to re-write MY application! Lol.

Quote:
Cake or Pie? Chicken or the Egg? How much wood can a woodchuck chuck? WILL I FINALLY GET COOKIES?! Can I have a chibi?

The cake is a lie, so therefore pie. I'm going to go with chicken, but I have no logic to back it up. 5 cords before needing dentures!

Omega Reaven

Taic wrote:

The cake is a lie, so therefore pie. I'm going to go with chicken, but I have no logic to back it up. 5 cords before needing dentures!

What about meeh cookies
Arkathos

We will probably pass you through to the trial right away Omega - glad you're back. Knew you'd not be gone too long. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Omega Reaven

Gaiutus wrote:
We will probably pass you through to the trial right away Omega - glad you're back. Knew you'd not be gone too long. Happy

Thanks glad to be back so soon. If i have to do the trial again im ok with that lol either way works for me :D
Martonian

what if we want to vote no on sheer principle? lol

HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Complete
Trial Phase 2: Complete
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 4/29/2011 and ending 5/5/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums. Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not).

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums, these additional posts must be done in phase 2. (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by HybridLee on May 10, 2011 4:22 am; edited 8 times in total
Areku99

Back from the dead, Commander. Happy

Good to see you're finally back, once I've got my laptop back I'm coming out of retirement in LoL and you're gonna be there. Sound good? Of course it does. XD

Areku99 wrote:
Back from the dead, Commander. Happy

Ah ah! Mass Effect! Ah! *points*

Hi Omega, I am Alpha. So we meet again...

I don't know what I'm talkin' about, but heyeeeeeee *Fonz pointers*
Tcyiora

Yay! Omega is back! ^_^ *dances* I'm glad to see everything has turned for the better so soon! :3

Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

I haven't been this happy since I discovered cake.

OMEGA!!

Garlen Durakkis

Hmph, back so soon?... Glad to see you back Omega! :D
Hart of Hircine

Yes he haz returned! Mwuhahahahahahahaha!
Davi Jones

OMMMEEEGGGGGAAAAA OMGG UR FUCKIN BACK XD i missed u bro! :P

Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum