Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Luke Filewalker

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Luke Filewalker!

The application submitted by Luke Filewalker is as follows:

Quote:

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
New Zealand

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT+12:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I guess the main motivation to any MMORPG is to be the best at what you do, but also keeping a modest attitude about it. As for accomplishing this, I personally think that you need a firm footing in an active guild which has a dedicated goal in sight and remembering why you're playing in the first place(fun) as the idea can get lost along somewhere along the track of things.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My strengths:
Ability to listen & take criticism,
Dedication to my role in the guild,
Social-able
Mature

Weaknesses:
University (as it could take time away from gameplay.)

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I'm Currently studying Computer Science at University and hope to end up designing games in the future so gaming is a big part of my life. I also enjoy football and having the odd drink with friends ;)

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
The members, to be mature and respect each others' views/points and contribute to the guild equally.

As for the leadership, well keep members inline when they aren't following the rules given, planning events and making sure and adequate amount of players turn up, listen to members feedback etc

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I believe I can contribute dedication, maturity, and overall a good attitude towards members and the game itself (after all that's why we're here isn't it? :D)

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I think it was the share fact that you guys have already got such a firm grounding so early on. This shows that you're willing and really committed to making this guild a success early on which is a really good sign. Also you guys have an awesome website! :D

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
If I find that I'm getting stressed out by a certain situation I tend to remove myself from the situation, go somewhere and think about it before things get worse.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I'd politely ask that the SWTOR member refrain from talking smack and if he continues then precede to ignore him and continue with what i was doing.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Either move channels, tell an admin or ask them politely to stop. If they refuse then move channels/mute them.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Luke_Filewalker

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No I have not.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Nope

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I've had quite a bit of experience in MMO's over the past few years, they include rating in the top 10,000 players in Runescape (dare i say it) & playing World of Warcraft for over 2 years at a hardcore level.

I also managed a WoW guild for over 8 months, so I know what it takes to make a guild successful and is why I'm applying to your guild.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
None for now Happy

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Luke Filewalker on June 2, 2011 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Luke Filewalker

Hello there Luke ( No, I a m not your father :P ), thanks for taking time to put forth an application Happy

Overally your application is pretty good, I would have few questions though:

Luke Filewalker wrote:
My strengths:
Social-able
Mature

Weaknesses:

Really? No other weaknesses? I wish I would know more people like you than ;)

Luke Filewalker wrote:
Luke_Filewalker

Could you please provide us with link to your profile?

Luke Filewalker wrote:
Jedi Knight

You are applying for class that is at cap now, so that means, you might be put on wait list untill we will have free spot.

Luke Filewalker

re: Re: App: Luke Filewalker

Lord Marvel wrote:

Luke Filewalker wrote:
My strengths:
Social-able
Mature

Weaknesses:

Really? No other weaknesses? I wish I would know more people like you than ;)

Well, I guess i do have other weaknesses but the main weakness I see is the fact I wont be able to contribute towards the guild if I need to finish assignments/revision for University.

If I were to list other weaknesses, I would say one is that I can be a bit shy at first but it wears off once I settle in.

I'm also in a pretty serious relationship so I might not be quite as active as I would like at sometimes :P

but other than that I can't really think of too many weaknesses that would effect my gameplay as such.

Lord Marvel wrote:

Luke Filewalker wrote:
Luke_Filewalker

Could you please provide us with link to your profile?

http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=1129093

Lord Marvel wrote:

Luke Filewalker wrote:
Jedi Knight

You are applying for class that is at cap now, so that means, you might be put on wait list untill we will have free spot.

That's no problem at all Happy
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hello, and thanks for applying!

Being from New Zealand, when you say you like football, do you mean Soccer or Football?

And sorry if this isn't obvious from the question, but when we ask for strengths and weaknesses we're not just asking about your gameplay... we want to get to know you as a person too! So what would you say are some of your weaknesses as a person? I know you mentioned the shyness so that is good... I just wanted to clarify that since you said "no other weaknesses that would affect my gameplay"

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Hello, and thanks for applying!

Being from New Zealand, when you say you like football, do you mean Soccer or Football?

And sorry if this isn't obvious from the question, but when we ask for strengths and weaknesses we're not just asking about your gameplay... we want to get to know you as a person too! So what would you say are some of your weaknesses as a person? I know you mentioned the shyness so that is good... I just wanted to clarify that since you said "no other weaknesses that would affect my gameplay"

By the term Football I mean Soccer, you tend to get a bit of criticism from other players around here if you use the term Soccer for some reason :P

Okay if we're talking about Strengths and Weaknesses in general then I guess I'll just re-do the question to make it easier.

Quote:
My strengths:
I'm a pretty laid back kinda guy, i like to have a mature but not too serious kind of attitude and am social-able once you get to know me.

I'm also very strong minded towards my interests in the sense that once i find something i enjoy i will stick to it but i can also take criticism as long as it's positive Happy

Weaknesses:
I'm some what shy until you get to know me, I can be lazy every now and again but who isn't, right? :P
My spelling isn't the best but that's why they invented online spell check! i guess this also boils down to being a tad lazy lol

But I guess my biggest weaknesses would be that I can't stand arrogance. I think getting noticed through sheer perseverance, persistence and determination is better than getting recognised by promoting ones self. I guess that's the main reason why I don't like arrogant people very much.
Cimreau

Luke Filewalker wrote:
My strengths:
I'm a pretty laid back kinda guy, i like to have a mature but not too serious kind of attitude and am social-able once you get to know me.
Weaknesses:
I can be lazy every now and again but who isn't, right? :P

There's something familiar about this. A laid back, calm, relaxed, compsci student sounds like a fine gentleman , or perhaps a rival in all things.
Quote:
How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
If I find that I'm getting stressed out by a certain situation I tend to remove myself from the situation, go somewhere and think about it before things get worse.

A great way to deal with stress too!
Luke Filewalker

Cimreau wrote:

There's something familiar about this. A laid back, calm, relaxed, compsci student sounds like a fine gentleman , or perhaps a rival in all things.

It generally seems to be the overall attitude of comp science students I've found :P.

Just out of curiosity, do i have to wait for the go-ahead to start posting in other topics and to start my trial or can i do it now?

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
Blind Equilibrium

Though an officer would have to say for certain one way or the other, I have in the past seen non-members post in the forums. However posts you make prior to starting your trials wouldn't count toward the trial requirements once accepted (this is based on what I have seen other trial candidates get told)
Luke Filewalker

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
Though an officer would have to say for certain one way or the other, I have in the past seen non-members post in the forums. However posts you make prior to starting your trials wouldn't count toward the trial requirements once accepted (this is based on what I have seen other trial candidates get told)

Okay, thanks for the information. I think i'll play it safe and let and officer comment first :P

"Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - The almighty wise Yoda.
Lord Marvel

I will go ahead and put you on the wait list Luke, you are free to post where you want to get to know us better Happy

Luke Filewalker

Lord Marvel wrote:
I will go ahead and put you on the wait list Luke, you are free to post where you want to get to know us better Happy

Thanks for that, haven't had the time to check the forums recently as we had some problems with our internet but they have been resolved after getting into contact with the ISP

HybridLee

Hello Luke Filewalker. A spot has opened for the Jedi Knight class, as you as you reply to this thread we will accept you and put you through your trial.
Luke Filewalker

HybridLee wrote:
Hello Luke Filewalker. A spot has opened for the Jedi Knight class, as you as you reply to this thread we will accept you and put you through your trial.

I will gladly accept! :D

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Woot!!!

sounds good, a piece of advice during this next process, be as active as you can be on vent, vent is the quickest way for people to get a chance to know you, i know that might be a bit hampered by your tendancy to be shy, but it would go a long way towards making yourself well known to the current membership which is always a good thing to do. also let me be one of the first to welcome you aboard now that your being taken off the wait list.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum