Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FullMetalSeraph
Member - 1 Year

re: Why Are You a Jedi Knight?

Hey guys!

So there hasn't been much conversation on our forum lately, so I figured I'd just throw this one out there to maaaaybe provoke some convesation. Why did you all choose Jedi Knight over any other class in TOR? That also applies to why Republic over Sith?

For me, I just like the idea of the Jedi Knight that fights to protect what he holds dear (for RP anyways, I love Star Wars lore). I also wanted to be the guy who can stand up to the enemy and dish out damage while taking some hits of his own in lightsaber combat.

Thoughts?

Awarded:

Sorry our forum has been a little quiet, I have been gone after all! But yes, my thoughts on this are similar to yours. I wanted to pick the class that I think most closely resembled what I would be and want to be in the Star Wars universe. I would hope to be a Jedi Knight. A guardian of peace and justice in the Old Republic.

It also works out perfectly that in MMOs my best job I've done was tanking, followed closely by healing. So I'm going to strive to be the/a main tank of Pax Republica in PvE, and a solid player in PvP!

Awarded:

Why I say I want to be a Jedi Knight: Story, Lore, fitting with core moral goals, enjoyment derived from doing goodly things and protectoring those I hold dear...

Real reason: Single lightsaber.

Drotix

Simple for me once you think of the word "jedi knight" you think of a brave heroic warrior that fights for peace and protects the innocent.

So when you think of the word "JEDI KNIGHT" a character usually enters your mind (Obi-wan Windu Anakin ect.) and when I think of one of those characters being strong in the force and a talented sword fighter at the same time it makes me want to experience that, so when I play something in the star wars universe I want to be the perfect "image" of the word "JEDI KNIGHT"
Garlen Durakkis

One big reason, I haz lightsabers and can cut people with them! Plus, generally I'm the warrior class in games too so this fit me!
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

travisccook wrote:
Why I say I want to be a Jedi Knight: Story, Lore, fitting with core moral goals, enjoyment derived from doing goodly things and protectoring those I hold dear...

Jedi Sage?

Awarded:

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
travisccook wrote:

Jedi Sage?

When I picked classes, word on the street was that Jedi Guardian was the sole bona-fide proprietor of the single lightsaber world.

Torvos

I am not one yet and that is the problem!!!! THIS GAME NEEDS TO COME OUT SOON! ^^
Amorl

Torvos wrote:
I am not one yet and that is the problem!!!! THIS GAME NEEDS TO COME OUT SOON! ^^

too true.

Gotta be Jedi for me. Space troopers and Han solo wannabes type games are a dime a dozen. Very few let you play a Jedi, and I don't mean an outcast or sith, or Laser sword weilding demi-god but the actual jedi right down to the moral conflicts between the lightside and the darkside.
Omega Reaven

I picked Jedi Knight solely for the fact that i love lightsabers. It also fits my personality to be gung ho and go in with silver saber blaring to bring some most likely deserved justice.
`Ryan`

I have always been fascinated with the Star Wars Universe! I am also always one of the good guys! May the Force be with us through our perilous journey!

- Xorei
AstralProjection

Well, for me it was a pretty easy call. Kind of like Travis, I knew what type of saber style I wanted my concept character to fight with - dual wield lightsabers - so that really only leaves me with one option. It just so happens that I wanted to play DPS this time around, so Sentinel seems to be a perfect fit for me. I chose Miraluka because I've always found them to be an interesting race, I think it will go with my character concept well, and, well, because I play humans so often it will be nice for a change, even if it is a slight one. I like the whole idea of being able to see with the Force exclusively.

On top of all that - I'm a big blade enthusiast IRL, especially swords - love swordfighting, practicing with them, etc., so Knight was a simple choice vs. the other classes. I love Guns too, which is why I'll probably be playing a trooper or smuggler second, even though the philosophical guy in me would prefer a consular, because two Jedi characters in a row will be too similar. I think I'll enjoy the consular a lot more if I break up the boy-scouting with some good rounds of drinking, brawling, and wenching through the smuggler and trooper classes first.

As far as why Republic - well, because I always side with the good guys ; ) Like we've talked about in other threads, I usually don't have the heart to be mean to NPC's, something about picking that "evil" option just bothers me. I just think, "wow, if someone did that to me I'd be pissed, I shouldn't do that to this guy" every time I try to pick the evil option ; )

travisccook wrote:

CAN I GET AN AMEN!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum