Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Captain Bubbles

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Captain Bubbles!

The application submitted by Captain Bubbles is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Which country do you live in?:
USA

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I have always loved Star Wars, since I first watched Episode IV with my dad when I was little. The first video game I ever played was KOTOR and I was completely hooked. From there, I went on to play EQ2 and started out as a complete noob (I got kicked out of my first group for drowning non stop...) But that didn't stop me since I ended up being one of the best at my class worldwide (endgame raiding, very vocal on the forums, giving advice) Not that I'm bragging, I just meant that if I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it well or not at all. I like being good at what I do. Last year, I burnt hard boiled eggs, this year, after much needed improvement, I cook some delicious food!

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I am competitive, passionate, funny and helpful. On the downside, I think I can be a little too cute for some people's liking and I'm not very patient. When I want something, I want it yesterday.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
In my free time, I cook, play volleyball and spend a lot (maybe too much) time on the computer. I play Aion right now and it's really more because I can't find something else better to do than because I'm hooked.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Guild function on swtor.com

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Definitely not. And when I do, it's scary.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect people to be polite, friendly, well organized and to be excited about TOR as much as I am. I also expect people to thrive to be good at their class. I like that the forums are very active and I hope it keeps going in that direction.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Hhhmm... I would be another terribly excited member about TOR. I am also very dedicated and loyal when I get to know and like guildies. I think I'm fun to be around and easy to get along with and I don't like drama at all. I also like challenging situations in MMOs and I think I'm a good group member to have around when things are tough.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Well, I understand you are not recruiting right now, but I wanted to give it a try anyway. I like that this is a PST guild, that there are already a lot of members (and I like that you would rather recruit quality over quantity and it's very promising to have that many good members so early) I think building a good community early is a great idea and I'd definitely enjoy being a part of it.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
I don't really get stressed out in game. I mean... that's what I do to deal with real life stress! Would be a little counter productive... The only times I would get stressed out is if there was drama and arguments, then I just get quiet and mind my own business. Also, PVP makes my heart beat a mile an hour, but that is fun stress!

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I open up my awesome spreadsheet filled with hillarious smuggler one-liners and I have a little fun. Don't worry, it's all clean and clever. And if the person keeps being incredibly rude, I just ignore them. I'm here to relax, not to get yelled at.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I ask someone else who is also on vent if it's just me or if that person is being annoying. If it's just me, then I'll mute them. If it's not, then I might send a nice tell asking to tone it down a little bit.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Chloe http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=101973

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, which position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I'm really quiet on the SWTOR official forums - I mostly do a lot of reading, but that's just because I'm very shy. I'd be really delighted to be part of a smaller community and be super excited there and get to know people before launch.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Do cookies really lead to the darkside?

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Jaycen Lightrider

Great app IMHO, thank you for applying.

I am sure one of the trial directors will chime in momentarily, with words of wisdom and encouragement.

As for cookies leading to the darkside, that just depends on the type of cookies! wink

So WELCOME!!! and may the force be with you on your Trial!
Vaaluk

First welcome to Pax Republica, thx for applying and Excellent App!!! Happy
So... as far as i know there are some spots open (based in what i saw yesterday)and if i'm wrong, soon there will be some so don't worry big grin

Ps.
Some kind of cookies lead to the Dark Side
Lord Marvel

Welcome to our forum Captain Bubbles Happy Thanks for taking time and filling an application Happy

Bah... nothing to pick on... just really good application Happy You are in my book Happy

Also, cookies don`t lead to dark side Happy
It`s just that Siths got some of the best bakers while conquering galaxy and now they try to seduce people with their delicious creations Happy

This is why we feel obligated to beat the living crap out of them and take their cookies as our own Happy

Tcyiora

lol so many Happy's Marvel... XD

Anyway, I really liked your application! I lol'd when I read "I want it yesterday" XD
And the fact that you're a girl makes me happy ; 3; lol

Captain Bubbles

Aaww everyone is so nice big grin
I would be happy to steal cookies from the Sith and smuggle them back to the Republic. Sounds dangerous? Then it pays well!

Also, yes, girls definitely like Star Wars too. My favourite movie moment : Episode II Attack of the Clones, Fett and Kenobi in the asteroid field with the detonation charges going BOOOOOOM - *shivers, I <3 that scene. I can't wait to blow things up too!

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Tcyiora

Haha of course girls like star wars XD I'm one of them obviously ^_^

I hope you get accepted! XD You have a good app, you seem like a fun and nice person, and... we need more girls :P
niakori and I are lonely lolol

Blind Equilibrium

Really great app! Good luck on the selection process and hope to see you starting your trials before too long! Happy

PS: And holy numerous emoticons Marvel
Cmelt

Marvel communicates through facial expressions...it's his way of talking wthout talking wink

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Arkathos

Welcome to Pax Republica's forums Captain Bubbles! ( Great name lol ). Just read over the application and it is very well written, and good answers. We are full at the moment (capped) but we are taking a look at our roster and will let you know very soon if we have room!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Done
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 4/16/2011 and ending 4/23/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums. Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums, these additional posts must be done in phase 2. (note: please keep your posts meaningful).

Last edited by HybridLee on April 23, 2011 1:22 am; edited 4 times in total
Blind Equilibrium

Congrats on starting your trials, Good luck!
Torvos

YOU DID IT CAPTAIN BUBBLES!!!!! DON'T LET US DOWN!!! ^^
Davi Jones

Nice App Happy thx for applying!

Congratz and good luck on your trial big grin
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum