Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
`Ryan`

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Xorei!

The application submitted by Xorei is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

Male

Which country do you live in?:
U.S.A

Which time zone are you in?:
GMT-6:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay monthly fees for SWTOR?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
As far as MMORPG's go, a lot of time is required to be successful and accomplish what you want. In respect to the Star Wars Universe as an MMO, I personally see fit that a guild would help maximize my experience in SWTOR. What better way to succeed than through teamwork, intense political fury, and straight up 'ownage'. I have seen your guild name around a lot in the SWTOR community and after reading through your entire website, I believe I have made my choice in preparation for SWTOR.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: Teamwork, Humility, Leadership, Fairness, Loyalty
Weaknesses: RL interruptions

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy gaming, playing soccer (futbol), and partying.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR community

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
To work together and remain respectful towards fellow guild members and respect those appointed to leadership positions. I also would enjoy being a part of a guild that is aware of current events in the SWTOR community so we will know to what guild's we are superior. And by "what guild's", I mean all of the other guilds. In a civlized and responsible manner, power can be glorious. ;) I would enjoy being a part of a guild that plays a strong role in the SWTOR community leadership.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I am a good follower and I can learn to be a good follower as a Pax Repubilca member, which can bring about new opportunities down the road in the guild community.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The website has a great layout and is very informative. One thorough review of Pax Republica website and I made my decision.

How do you deal with stress both in and out of game.:
When I read this question, I interpret the term "stress" as encountering a challenge. What do I do when I encounter a challenge? I overcome it.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Challenge him to a duel! Let the best man win!

(Trash talk free on my part, and if he declines the duel, I would assume the proper behavior would be to continue on with what I was doing, or maybe I could talk to him and lead him in a desert where a sith would be waiting there to assassinate him, after the sith carried out his duty, I would then pay him in a four leaf clover. Little does the Sith know, I have never been able to find one of those damn things, all I can find are three leaf clovers. Once I have departed, the Sith will realize "My god, this is not a four leaf clover! that Jedi lied to me! Nooo!!!")

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I have used ventrilo for many years, and most of the time when that situation occurs, I would just switch channels, or let a 'higher-up' know if it get's to be a continuous-lack-of-maturity ordeal. I would not enjoy getting the guy 'heated up' by insulting him in his constant nagging, talking, breathing in the mic, etc.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name? Please provide a link to your profile.:
Xorei

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No. I usually do the kicking when appropriate from past leadership positions I have held.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I enjoy gaming and being apart of a strong guild community to be successful with a team. And in my experience, you always make friends along the way.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
No questions for now.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Kbrury

Thanks for putting in an application Xorei I thought it was pretty well done. Could you briefly go over your general MMO experience? Thanks

Lord Marvel

re: Re: App: Xorei

Welcome on our forum Xorei, thank you for taking time and writing application:)

In general your application is quite good, nice leghty answers, but one thing:

Xorei wrote:
When I read this question, I interpret the term "stress" as encountering a challenge. What do I do when I encounter a challenge? I overcome it.

We are rather asking what you do when something/someone pisses you off, is getting on your nerves, such stuff Happy

Thanks in advance for answering.

`Ryan`

Kbrury wrote:
Thanks for putting in an application Xorei I thought it was pretty well done. Could you briefly go over your general MMO experience? Thanks

Hey, thank you for the response and sure, no problem.

MMO Experience:

Final Fantasy XI
Ryzom
Guild Wars
Lineage 2
Star Wars Galaxies
World of Warcraft
City of Heroes
Rift
Shaiya

...I believe that is it.

Thanks
- Xorei
`Ryan`

Lord Marvel wrote:
Welcome on our forum Xorei, thank you for taking time and writing application:)

In general your application is quite good, nice leghty answers, but one thing:

Xorei wrote:

We are rather asking what you do when something/someone pisses you off, is getting on your nerves, such stuff Happy

Thanks in advance for answering.

Well as I said before, it's not stress to me, I just deal with it in a productive manner. I rather avoid this in the gaming genre of life, but in all honesty, I am a christian and those things don't bother me to a point of negativity to my progress or the guild's progress.

Hopefully that is efficient enough for your question Lord Marvel, I am here to enjoy MMO's, =P This stuff is easy for me.
Cmelt

A good appplication IMO. Almost got chills at this:

Quote:
Xorei wrote:

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Lord Marvel

Xorei wrote:
Well as I said before, it's not stress to me, I just deal with it in a productive manner. I rather avoid this in the gaming genre of life, but in all honesty, I am a christian and those things don't bother me to a point of negativity to my progress or the guild's progress.

Hopefully that is efficient enough for your question Lord Marvel, I am here to enjoy MMO's, =P This stuff is easy for me.

I think we didn`t understand each other... I meant, when you are angry or stressed, not necessarily in game, how are dealing with it.
I do believe that people can have great amounts of patience but everyone have some limits and at some point are getting pissed/angry/stressed, call it however you want Happy
Not only in game, but also out of the game Happy

`Ryan`

Lord Marvel wrote:
Xorei wrote:

I think we didn`t understand each other... I meant, when you are angry or stressed, not necessarily in game, how are dealing with it.
I do believe that people can have great amounts of patience but everyone have some limits and at some point are getting pissed/angry/stressed, call it however you want Happy
Not only in game, but also out of the game Happy

>< That is sort of insulting, hahaha, but I really do understand what's being said. I do not know what else to tell you brother. I guess the only other thing I can add is, I will step out on my porch for a cigarette to maybe have a mental "reset." Then come back in and sit at my PC and continue gaming. Does that make sense now? =P

(...if I did not know any better, I would say Lord Marvel is testing my patience, I love it.)
Lord Marvel

Hehehe :D That`s what I wanted to hear Happy thank you for answer Happy

from me Happy

`Ryan`

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hehehe :D That`s what I wanted to hear Happy thank you for answer Happy

from me Happy

I am already having fun here, this is good. =)
Vanden Norr

Hi there, Xorei!

I actually have a question on a part of your application...

Your response to the "What Motivates You?" question doesn't really address the topic; so, what motivates you? Happy

I liked your app Xorei, a from me as well! Happy lol

`Ryan`

Vanden Norr wrote:
Hi there, Xorei!

I actually have a question on a part of your application...

Your response to the "What Motivates You?" question doesn't really address the topic; so, what motivates you? Happy

Eh, my response was adequate. That is the point of view from a gamer bud. Not sure what else I can say. I named several different aspects from an MMO point of view, which is my motivation as it was addressed to that particular question.

Edit: Actually, Nay! I will add one more to address your concern Vanden Norr! My motivation comes from an opportunity of having fun coming about! =D (I.E. Playing SWTOR with Pax Republica!)
`Ryan`

So...What's the verdict?

-Xorei
Cloud Kanno

Thanks for being patient with us, Xorei. Since we’re currently at our member cap for Jedi Knights I’ll have to put you a waiting list until a spot opens - you’ll be first in line for that class. Our numbers fluctuate from time to time, but I honestly can’t say when there will be an opening. If you would like to stick around with us until then, you’re welcome to join any of the conversations that take place here on our forums. Are you fine with that, Xorei?

Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum