Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Cimreau

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Cimreau.

The application submitted by Cimreau is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
Canada

What time zone are you in?:
PST

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
College

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Achievement? I probably spent like 1/4 of my time in WoW fishing and playing the Auction House. I'm as lazy as a well-fed cat. I do like helping other people though, so the opportunity to assist someone I respect is often enough to get me out of my waking daze.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I'm generally calm and relaxed. Which is the upside of being lazy and having very little ambition.

I'm a hoarder, which could go either way. I eat up lots of my item storage space quickly but I usually have some decent hand-me-downs for alts or lower level players. Item management wastes so much of my time in New Vegas.

I'm crap at self preservation and generally impatient. Or at least, that's what my attempts to play League of Legends would suggest. I can't stand really loud people... like people who scream as they relate a play-by-play of the game as they're in the middle of a battle or something.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I like sketching, singing, and reading the news and wikipedia. I'm also a gamer, obviously.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR Official Site

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Negative.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
My expectations are generally low. If we get along well, that's great. If we don't, we part ways. I'm hoping the whole experience is without stress.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can be chill, strange, and generally friendly. I like to serve some kind of crafting function within a guild.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The name was less annoying than the majority of the other guild names. They also had more members than most. Also the folks on Vent were very friendly and pleasantly multicultural.

Two things, how do you deal with stress, and handle new players.:
Outside of games I usually handle stress by giving up and taking a long nap. I generally don't get stressed by games, just by players. I have a high tolerance for both personal and collective failure, and prefer to associate myself with players of similar expectations or lesser skill.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Assess their worth and the quality of the smack they are talking. If a battle of wits seems enjoyable at the time, engage. If not, ignore.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I usually assess whether that person is worth caring about. If not, mute. If he's just having a weird day and communication is non-vital I might duck out to another channel. If communication is unavoidable, I'll probably grumble off mic and make snide remarks.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Cimreau

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Exploring

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Accept me if you're cool with a lazy slacker hanging around. If not, I'm happy to bullseye womp rats in someone else's yard.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Cimreau on April 10, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hello Cimreau, nice to meet you and thank you for taking the time to apply. Overall a decent application. I'd be interested to see what others think, but I think you gave us pretty good insight into your personality (we definitely can see that you think you're lazy and laid back, which isn't a bad thing!)

re: Re: App: Cimreau

Cimreau wrote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Apparently I'm also quick to overlook details. I didn't notice that first line of the application until just now. Sample application is intimidating, as is Charter. indiferent PAX Republica is serious business. Curious feature that one can only start a reply to a thread with a quote. Perhaps I'm overlooking something there too. [/end rambling like Jeff Goldblum]
Cmelt

I like the application. The honesty with which you regard your personality is very refreshing and I hope to see you into your trials and beyond.
Kbrury

While the app isn't the best I've heard he has played a few games with members on ventrilo which is a big plus IMO.

Lord Marvel

Hey there Cimareau :D

Yeah Me, Raddo and Kryad have played BFP4F with him for quite a while, was fun :D

Thanks for putting forth an application Happy

I appreciate honesty with you being lazy < and who isn`t? I am xD > for you Happy

Arkathos

I appreciate honesty with you being lazy < and who isn`t? I am xD > for you Happy

Me, I'm not. Hence why I'm running this place.

Honestly, the application is worth declining - but if you've been in ventrilo, actively playing with the members and chatting, then I can pass this application.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kbrury

All gamers are lazy. :P

Cmelt

Kbrury wrote:
All gamers are lazy. :P

Haha so true. Nah I like this guy as long as he is just lazy and isn't negligent.
Cimreau

CmeltTheBoss wrote:
Haha so true. Nah I like this guy as long as he is just lazy and isn't negligent.

Not often negligent in my duties to others. Though 6 or so years ago I did forget (while my parents were away) to feed their chickens for over a week. In that instance my negligence starved my cooped charges to a horrible cannibalistic death. In addition to lingering guilt, I learned a valuable lesson about responsibility!
Cmelt

Cimreau wrote:
CmeltTheBoss wrote:

Not often negligent in my duties to others. Though 6 or so years ago I did forget (while my parents were away) to feed their chickens for over a week. In that instance my negligence starved my cooped charges to a horrible cannibalistic death. In addition to lingering guilt, I learned a valuable lesson about responsibility!

You should be ashamed! Birds are f***ing awesome! Haha jk thats an interesting tale. I wonder if you could be pressed with charges for causing a chicken fight?

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Kbrury

Logged onto ventrilo again today before it went crazy. :P He has my support.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Same here.

Voting yes because he was a cool dude for the few moments I get to talk to him in Ventrilo.
Vaaluk

Congrats Cimreau!!! and good luck on your trial tongue out
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum