Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Drotix

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Konta Takuto!

The application submitted by Konta Takuto is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States of America

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-7:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Part-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Acceptance and respect to put it simply, I want to build on a foundation with my fellow guild mates on strong relations to have lasting friendships. That is what will motivate me to strive in this guild.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
for Strengths id say im very friendly and kind, if you need a shoulder to cry on or lean on im their for you. I am also pretty laid back and easy going and go with the flow type I handle stress very well (since im an agoraphobic and have anxiety attacks daily) I can defuse situations by simply talking to the parties involved: For example if 2 guild members are having a dispute I can pull each one aside and talk with them ask them whats going on, and comfort them by talking to both parties, and gently defuse the situation that way.

For Weakness's id say im quite shy at first and can be too quiet and I am also a bit naive sometimes. I can also feel pretty lonely sometimes and maybe get jealous due to that.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I am an agoraphobic I can not leave my house unless I have someone I can trust drive me, So because of this my activities and interests are pretty limited to inside my house. I do enjoy playing video games very much and love watching anime and regular TV shows. I also once a week battle my panic attacks and go outside my house to go bowling, simply because I love it so much and am really good at it.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
I read TOR forums and looked up your guild on the TOR guild Launch

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
I am a very mild languaged person, and if I would cuss it would not be in anger.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
Very well I battle anxiety attacks on a daily basis and I am a very helpful person and can be patient and understanding when it comes to new players in game and out of game.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
My expectations is to be welcomed with open arms, and be treated like everyone else. I want this to be an enjoyable experience as I am planning on spending years in TOR so that would also mean id be investing years into Pax Republica. I want to feel appreciated and included in general activities. I am also expecting to build very long lasting friendships with hopefully all of you Happy

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
first what I consider most important that I can contribute is my dedication to you all. I can also contribute patience, time, new player helpfulness, I can contribute things such as a ventrillo or teamspeak if any current voice chat system were to fail or shutdown. I can contribute donations now and then, I can also contribute RP I am quite an avid roleplayer. Should the time ever arise where I get more guild responsibilities I can manage that such as recruiting making guides ect. Should I ever get a promotion on the forums and have more duties on the forums I can complete them in a timely manner. Once the game launches I can also contribute by helping out (on raids quests leveling crafting ect) or if a guild member requests an item and I have it (and it is of no use to me or I am not currently using or I can craft it) I will most likely not charge this guild member anything or very little and hand it over.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Simple Pax Republica looks very well organized very well prepared if the game were to launch right now at this second I believe you all would be in game and getting straight down to business. I also LOVE the atmosphere and vibes I am getting here and from the members here, it looks like a very fun and safe drama free environment which is quite refreshing to see. I also have read the rules and I think that your rules are pretty straight forward and based on some common sense about being respectful, and courteous and foul language, which is very good rules since their could be younger members in our community and it is wrong to be exposing them to hateful words even if they have heard it befor its just general respect.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Well many scenarios can be played out, if he was saying hurtful hate speech towards me such as "fag" or "go to hell" or "fuck you" id most likely instant hit the ignore button since im here to have fun not deal with ignorance.

If this person were simply running his mouth saying things like "I can beat you, you suck" well hehe I will let my lightsaber do the talking on that one.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
this also has many scenarios if it was a group thing like a group raid and we were getting very distracted, I would kindly say and explain, that we are trying to get this done and want all of our focus so if you could please stop or please move to another channel, and thank them if they agree.

Now if anything wasnt going on and it was just us hanging in vent and one person was being annoying I honestly would not mind at all, id move to another channel if it go so irritating but like I said previous im pretty laid back and not much tends to bother me.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Max-Tate

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
The Remnants of Hope: I joined their guild in June of 2010 and have not felt very welcomed from them, and I felt secluded from the many activities of the guild,due to an inner circle type of leadership where it seemed like rather then a guild it was a group of 7 or so friends who secluded members from joining in on activities. For example:In ventrillo one night they offered anyone a chance to go play on Xbox 360 with them a small group. I wanted to play and so I said ill go ahead and play but they didnt even acknowledge that even once I sent them Xbox 360 text/voice messages asking if I could play with them, I never got a game invite. I am not trying to bash this guild I did make a couple of friends in their, However I felt like it was high school all over again for example if a geekier kid sat at the cool kid table all the cool kids would be a tight knit inner circle and it was hard to get into that circle. that is a good analogy I can use to describe my experience there. I have no regrets in joining or leaving I just wished it would have been different and me to feel comfortable with them.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Arbiter

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I would just like to say thank you for this opportunity and consideration for Pax Republica, if accepted I will work as hard as I can being active and dedicated and helping out where I am needed. I hope I can make a long lasting impression/friendships with all of you

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I do have some questions if this application is denied is their a possibility of retaking it such as a 2 week period before I can reapply?

If I am accepted can I proceed to log into the ventrillo server? (some guilds wait before handing new members ventrillo for the security of their server details)

That is all of the questions I can think of right at the moment but im sure ill have more later but will simply ask them on the forums. Thank you for reading and for the chance to be a member Happy

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Torvos

I like the app but my only fear is that you are applying to a PvP guild without none of your three interests being PvP. Now this isn't a huge problem but can you explain your feelings on PvP so I can understand a little more about you ^^.
Drotix

Torvos wrote:
I like the app but my only fear is that you are applying to a PvP guild without none of your three interests being PvP. Now this isn't a huge problem but can you explain your feelings on PvP so I can understand a little more about you ^^.

Of course I like PvP and knew I was applying to a PvP guild, which is why I didn't put PvP as 1 of my interests since its kinda already a given. I like all game aspects I would put all but thats not an option :P but thanks for saying you like it ^^
Kbrury

Very nice application you pretty much covered all the bases with your answers. You have an interesting name any history behind it?

Drotix

Kbrury wrote:
Very nice application you pretty much covered all the bases with your answers. You have an interesting name any history behind it?

Thanks the first name is from an Anime Character that I like, Takuto is supposedly my chosen Jedi name with one of those Jedi name applications, so I thought id just combine them for fun ^^
Lord Marvel

Hey there Konta! Happy Welcome to our forums! Happy

Thank you for the time you have invested into applying to us Happy

You did a really god job writing your applications, I like it very much:)

Regarding your questions:

Konta Takuto wrote:
I do have some questions if this application is denied is their a possibility of retaking it such as a 2 week period before I can reapply?

I don`t think that your application will be denied, but even if so, sure you are free to re-apply, whenever you will feel like it Happy
If anything you might get accepted and put on wait list if JK will be full.

Konta Takuto wrote:
If I am accepted can I proceed to log into the ventrillo server? (some guilds wait before handing new members ventrillo for the security of their server details)

No, you don`t need to wait, we are always happy to talk with new people on vent Happy

Below you have information regarding our Vent server:

Ventrilo Information
vindicate.mainvoice.net

Kbrury

I'm going to go ahead and accept your application, good luck on your trial.

Vaaluk

Grats Konta big grin & good luck in your trial :>
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Trial Phase 1: Done!
Trial Phase 2: Done!
Voting Phase: Will commence on April 24th

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 4/8/2011 and ending 4/15/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums Done!

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done!

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Done!

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. Done!

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done!

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done!

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done!

Last edited by Nwahs on April 10, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ventrilo account created

HybridLee

Wow. I can't believe I missed this trial. :\ Sorry for having you wait so freaking long to move onto Phase 2, I take responsibility for all the delay and inconvenience. I'll move you onto Phase 2 ASAP.

Phase 2 will end another 7 days from now(4/19/2011), sorry for the hold up.
HybridLee

Vote vote vote!
Lord Marvel

I`ll keep this short.

Cmelt

I vote yes

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Kbrury

Yes, he's been on ventrilo pretty much everyday.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum