Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Lon Shevu

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Lon Shevu.

The application submitted by Lon Shevu is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
USA

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-7:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
To better myself and those around me in my community. To strive for excellence and to be looked upon as someone who can be trusted by those who know me. While I'm a motivated person - I'm the furthest thing from a "ME" person and do not look for individual fame or recognition for the things I do achieve. Ultimately I want to contribute and strive for achievement so I can better my guild in the SWTOR community - so that I can say I'm a member of Pax Republica - and be proud of it and it's accomplishments.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: I'm loyal, humble, laid back, mature, and respectful to those around me. If someone needs help and asks me for it - I don't view it as an annoyance but as a compliment. If someone truly needs help - I have no problem lending them help regardless of who they are. I also have a a large amount of experience with MMO's (EQ, DAoC, AO, WoW, etc... and recently Rift to hold me over till SWTOR).

Weakness: Sometimes my laid back and quiet personality may make someone think I'm disinterested. I'm also somewhat of a lurker of forums and don't tend to express my opinions to often. But I do also understand inactivity or even the appearance of it is not acceptable and will keep myself active. Also I will offer full disclosure that my work schedule may get in the way - especially if we raid or do most events on weekends. My days off are most likely going to be either Mon, Tues, Weds, or Tues, Weds, Thurs. And on the days I do work, I work four 10 hour graveyard shifts.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy playing video games, reading, working out, keeping up with current events around the world, watching TV, etc.

Video games: Most of my friend's I grew up with and went to college with live all over the country now - so video games are a great way for me to socialize and keepin in touch with them. In fact I believe it's strengthened my bond with those friends. I also own every major console, though the PC will always be my "first love". =p

Reading: I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I've read the majority of the EU Star Wars novels. Also a big fan of novels by authors such as Tom Clancy, Kyle Mills, etc.

Working out: pretty self explanatory.

Current affairs: I've always kept up with current events and been a new junkie since I was a little kid so my TV or computer is usually always tuned to CNN.

TV: I'm big fan of Chuck, Fringe, The Event, SGU, The Office, Tosh.0, etc. Sadly some of those shows on my list look like they may or have already gotten the axe (RIP SGU - just as it started getting good). And just to be safe I'll probably go buy more Subway...... (Chuck reference)

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Browsing the SWTOR website and then the Pax Republica website.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
I do cuss mildly but it's usually never aimed towards a person and is usually used as an exclamation. I understand the charter has a "Language Regulation" and I will always be mindful of it.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I do not get stressed out that often and even when I'm stressed I never take it out on those around me. I deal well with new players and will help them out the best I can. I am always mindful that MMO’s can sometimes be difficult for people to get into due to the size and scope of things. There’s no reason to not to treat new players with the same respect as I would anyone else - especially those who are unsure of their surroundings and are in need of help.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
To provide a great, mature, and respectful community to play/talk/etc in. To have direction and purpose. I do not expect/want any free hand outs and/or any special treatment.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I believe I can contribute a lot to the community by lending a helping hand to whoever needs it. I have a lot of experience in playing MMO's and believe that I bring a good base knowledge regarding MMO's to the table. I'm also willing to be 100% committed to this guild if I'm able to make the cut.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Now, I'm a huge Star Wars/BioWare fan and I've been following SWTOR ever since it was announced. Because of this I decided to look around and research several guilds that look like they would have a strong/good community along with a sense of direction on where to go once the game launches. Furthermore I believe that it would be very beneficial to be part of a guild pre-launch knowing that you are going into the game with a strong community and with people whom you already know.

Now I'll be honest. Pax Republica first caught my interest among the long list of SWTOR guilds because of it's size (large but not massive) and frankly - the awesome name. But as I did more research - Pax Republica stuck out of all the other guilds because of the things that are listed in the guild charter. I'm excited to see that the this guild wants members that have the values of: Integrity, Honor, Loyalty, Dedication, Humility, Self-Sufficiency, Honesty, Maturity, and Respect - all values that I hold myself to. I also like that Pax Republica appears to have a serious application process in attempt to weed out those who aren't dedicated.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I /wave, /smile at them and kill them with kindness and my dashing good looks... If they continue talking smack or acting rude - I just ignore them. People acting like this are usually doing so to seek attention and to get a rise out of people. If you react opposite to what they expect or not at all they usually seem to loose interest and move along. There's no reason to stoop to their level and act like they do.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
First I'd take a step back and see if the members action is something that is just annoying me personally for whatever reason or if it's something that is obviously annoying myself and others. If it's the former I would just ignore it and move on. If it's the latter I would politely ask them to stop. If that doesn't work - I'd work with others in the guild to address the situation. I'd also think the Ventrilo 3 strike system would apply to situations such as this.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Shevu

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Like I've stated above, I'm extremely excited for this game and looking forward to joining a great mature community to play and experience this game with. I also love the fact that under the guild charter it specifically has a "No-Drama Regulation". While I said I'm laid back and easy going - I get annoyed by those who act arrogant and/or those who enjoy being offensive to others.

I understand that people in this guild don't know me and this entire application is nothing more than to fluff up my qualities to make myself appear to be a desirable guild member. But I believe if given the chance to partake in this organization - I will be able to prove my loytalty and dedication to it and it’s members.

Thanks for the opportunity.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
None at the moment.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Hello Lon:) Thank you very much for taking time and filling our application.

I must say, that I am impressed with your application. Many information that we can work with.

I approve Happy soon more people will say what they think about your application and we will decide how to proceed with it Happy

Lon Shevu

Lord Marvel wrote:
Hello Lon:) Thank you very much for taking time and filling our application.

I must say, that I am impressed with your application. Many information that we can work with.

I approve Happy soon more people will say what they think about your application and we will decide how to proceed with it Happy

Thanks for the welcome Lord Marvel. Hopefully my application is okay.. I'll admit I was slightly nervous filling it out and spent a decent amount of time reviewing it before I submitted it... So long that the site actually logged me out before I could hit apply... Lol. Luckily I was able to hit back and copy and paste it to another form that was logged in ;)

hehe Happy Nice to see you have put so much time into it, shows dedication Happy

Blind Equilibrium

Very nice application, well thought out and points were very well made. Good luck on selection! Happy
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

This, to me, is a perfect application. Great information, I got an insight into your actual strengths and weaknesses (thanks for being so honest about your perceived weaknesses by the way!), hobbies, interests, how you found us, etc. I'm going to go ahead and accept this application for the Jedi Knights as a few members have already given you a thumbs up and I think you deserve a trail slot.

Awarded:

Trial Phase 1: Done!
Trial Phase 2: Done!
Voting Phase: Done!

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 4/7/2011 and ending 4/14/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums Done!

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done!

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Done!

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. Done!

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done!

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. Done!

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done!

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums, reaching a total of 51 posts.(note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done!

Last edited by Nwahs on April 14, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 5 times in total

Awesome Nwahs, thanks for the opportunity. I'll give it my best and I appreciate the support from everyone!

Man look at Shawn doing green "Done"s now Happy Still not as cool as Cyn's big green checks though, sorry bud wink

Congrats on selection and good luck with your trials!
Cmelt

Good luck on your trial! Hope we both make it through
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Interview complete, Lon Shevu (aka Alan) is a great guy and I foresee he will become a great Jedi Knight/Paxian.

Looks like your trial is coming along nicely, Jedi Shevu! From what I've seen of you on the forums, you look like a pretty cool guy.

Good luck with the rest of your trial; I can't wait to vote a resounding YES when it comes to that point!

Thanks a lot Vanden. I appreciate hearing that! big grin

Awarded:

You're now on Phase 2! You must get on Ventrilo if you haven't already, and you need another 15 posts, reaching a total of at least 51!

Congratz on making it to phase 2!

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum