Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Cmelt

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, CmeltTheBoss!

The application submitted by CmeltTheBoss is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:
16 but i'll probably be 17 by game launch

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT+5:00 (EST)

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Highschool-Sophomore

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I am determined to gain full success in any and every endeavor I challenge myself to do. Additionally being part of a team helps me focus my skills to the betterment of others besides myself. In regards to MMOs the thrill of living my dream adventure helps me to fit the role of my character and work towards "saving the galaxy".

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I have decent leadership skills and a mind full of ideas. I am not afraid to voice my beliefs but also know when to step back and let others take control of a situation. I tend to have a spirit of helpfulness and enjoy helping others through challenges. My main weakness would be my age as it holds me back in certain scenarios.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Gaming (of course), lacrosse, reading, writing, sailing, photography, and graphic design (photoshop cs5).

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
swtor.com guild forums under a thread titled "<Largest> Republic Guilds, List"

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I deal very well with stress through distracting myself with activities such as gaming or reading and I believe helping new players is just something you should do.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
To be striving for excellence yet willing to relax and have fun. The type that can lead efficiently when the situation presents itself and a desire to be the best they can be

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Like previously stated I am an ideas man. I also have about 6 years of MMO and gamin experience to bring to the table. Additionally Ihave a small amount of experience with graphic design (youtube layouts, website banners, and desktop bgs).

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The size, lack of 17+ age limit, interest in PvP, and general cohesiveness within the ranking system and the organizational structure. Only one other guild I have seen so far rivals the organization and good attitude of Pax Republica and they are a 17+ Empire Guild (that I have no desire to join simply because of their allegiance).

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Ignore him but humbly talk him down. I tend to be able to ignore haters pretty easily, I am extremely slow to anger so it takes a lot to make me care.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Politely ask him/her to calm down, if he/she persists, I might decide to mention to an officer. Preferrably not as in previous experiences this has led to more punishment to the offender than I felt needed.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Cmelt

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
Ascendancy, founded for a friend left when he took over. And CORAL, however I severely misjudged the guilds level of organization and quickly left.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
I serve the guild

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Arbiter however i'm not sure I understand the position correctly

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I have a small amount of experience in guild leadership from Gates of Andaron. As mentioned I have graphic design experience (photoshop). I know a good deal about youtube and how to maintain a channel there. Plus I know a good deal of SW lore Happy

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
Haha just what is the reasoning behind naming a PvP guild "Republic Peace"? **Question Answered**
If it's not too much trouble I would appreciate a larger explanation of the different officer postitions, specifically Arbiter.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Cmelt on April 5, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tcyiora

re: Re: App: CmeltTheBoss

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to apply.
Your application was a bit short, so I'd like to ask if you could please expand on your answers. It helps us get to know you better. Happy

CmeltTheBoss wrote:
What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Gaming (of course), lacrosse, reading, writing, sailing, and graphic design.

Sailing? Wow that sounds fun :D Do you have a boat of your own?
I'm into graphic design as well ^^ may I ask what program you use?

CmeltTheBoss wrote:
How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I deal very well with stress and I believe helping new players is just something you should do.

I agree, If I get the chance to help a new player I take it! But might I ask how you deal with your stress?

Some others may have more questions for you, and Gaiutus tells me he'll be by to answer your question for you soon Happy

Arkathos

Haha just what is the reasoning behind naming a PvP guild "Republic Peace"?

And as Trial Director Cyn promised, here I am! She's already said everything I'd have said, so here's the answer to your question regarding our name.

The basic purpose of calling a PVP guild Pax Republica came from the original guild experience I had prior to making Pax over a year ago. Most guilds I've seen and been in were nothing but drama fests, leaders and members alike with over inflated egos and arrogant personalities. Everyone wanted power, but no one was capable of leading, and that created a hostile and poisonous environment for everyone.

When I founded Pax Republica, I wanted a palce where we could just relax, and have fun without the Drama of other guilds, and most of the online community, and that is why it was named Pax Republica, or Republic Peace. Also, because we are a PVP guild doesn't mean that we can't be working towards peace - besides, the Republic isn't the aggressor here, we're fighting to bring peace back. Hope the helps!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Cmelt

Gaiutus wrote:
CmeltTheBoss wrote:

And as Trial Director Cyn promised, here I am! She's already said everything I'd have said, so here's the answer to your question regarding our name.

The basic purpose of calling a PVP guild Pax Republica came from the original guild experience I had prior to making Pax over a year ago. Most guilds I've seen and been in were nothing but drama fests, leaders and members alike with over inflated egos and arrogant personalities. Everyone wanted power, but no one was capable of leading, and that created a hostile and poisonous environment for everyone.

When I founded Pax Republica, I wanted a palce where we could just relax, and have fun without the Drama of other guilds, and most of the online community, and that is why it was named Pax Republica, or Republic Peace. Also, because we are a PVP guild doesn't mean that we can't be working towards peace - besides, the Republic isn't the aggressor here, we're fighting to bring peace back. Hope the helps!

Yes that makes sense thank you.

Cynette: yes I do own a small boat and have two other family boats, and I use primarily photoshop cs5. I deal with stress by reading usually. Odd I know haha. Are there specific answers I need to extend or just the whole application?
Arkayyne

Gaiutus wrote:
CmeltTheBoss wrote:

Nice! That's why he's the guildmaster :-)

Lo matey I had to rewrite my app just to let you know your not the only one ). Good luck with your app catch me on comms if you fancy a chat tc.
Cmelt

SLAINEUK wrote:
Lo matey I had to rewrite my app just to let you know your not the only one ). Good luck with your app catch me on comms if you fancy a chat tc.

Thanks bro

Arkayyne wrote:
Nice! That's why he's the guildmaster :-)

I agree a very well presented answer.
AstralProjection

Nice app! You're very well spoken for your age, which is a big plus for me (not that I discriminate by age), and I like that you're not afraid to ask questions of us in return. I wish you luck, and hope this guild is what you're looking for. It's a pretty great place.

Cheers!

CmeltTheBoss wrote:
Cynette: yes I do own a small boat and have two other family boats, and I use primarily photoshop cs5. I deal with stress by reading usually. Odd I know haha. Are there specific answers I need to extend or just the whole application?

No this is fine haha, conversation helps, and is better a better way of getting to know you than through an application in my opinion Happy

You're so lucky to have boats of your own, I know I would love it if my family had a boat lol

Photoshop cs5? Awh again lucky, I only have cs3...
I've been using it for years @_@ but it gets the job done.. :P
Please feel free to share some of your work with us! Happy I know we would love to see it!

Cmelt

Quote:
Nice app! You're very well spoken for your age, which is a big plus for me (not that I discriminate by age), and I like that you're not afraid to ask questions of us in return.

Thank you

Quote:
Photoshop cs5? Awh again lucky, I only have cs3...
I've been using it for years @_@ but it gets the job done.. :P

I love photoshop and I forgot to mention in my application I do a lot of photography too mostly for friends and family (i'll re-edit that in the app). Besides editing those I am pretty good at making youtube layouts and some of the ones I have made which i'm reasonably proud of. I find that you can accomplish the same level of visual aesthetics with older versions of photoshop, it just takes more time and effort which really helps you to connect with your creation since you have to work so much harder for it. I can link to some youtube channels with layouts I made if it interests you (including mine).
Arkathos

I feel that enough time has passed, and you've answered and responded in detail that I will pass your application Cmelt. When my girlfriend (Cyn) and I finish our dinner I'll have her set up your trial phase! Best of luck and welcome aboard! :D

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kbrury

Quote:
If it's not too much trouble I would appreciate a larger explanation of the different officer postitions, specifically Arbiter.

No on seemed to answer it for you so here you go. :P

Arbiters are right below the Consul and are expected to fill any role or need within the Administration whether that is conducting an interview or leading a group of members. They must be the embodiment of the guild and help members whenever possible.

Trial Directors are help situate new members to the guild as well as conduct their trials, they must conduct interviews and help Trainees with other guild functions such as ventrilo.

Class Leaders are in charge of organizing their class forums and when the time comes make sure that their class receive all vital information on builds and strategies.

Tcyiora

Trial Phase 1: Complete √
Trial Phase 2: Complete √
Voting Phase: Underway!

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.
During this trial you will have 7 days, starting on 4/5/2011 and ending on 4/11/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1.
Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.
As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.
At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1:
1. You must make 15 posts in our forums.
(note: please keep your posts meaningful) Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below:
Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum Complete √

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like myself) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info:
(PM me when this is completed) Complete √
http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them.
Here is a link to the thread: Complete √
http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or your Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up.
(PM me when this is completed) Complete √

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

Phase 2:
8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day. Complete √
(note: a game with us is optional vent is not)

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums.
(note: please keep your posts meaningful) Complete √

Last edited by Tcyiora on April 12, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 9 times in total

Cmelt

Thank you all. I will begin these tasks immediately and will definitely finish by the alloted time.
Blind Equilibrium

Congrats on the start of your trials, and good luck! Look forward to seeing you noise about the forums Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum