Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaycen Lightrider

re: Knights, read this article...lots of win here!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/03/29/hyperspace-beacon-ready-to-face-the-trials/

Great article about the Knights and progression through the ranks.

Enjoy, and discuss.....goes along with the Knight QOTW pretty well eh?!
AstralProjection

That was a nice read...nothing new game-related, but a fun dissection of this fellow's opinion of the journey from child to Jedi Master. He makes some astute observations about Jedi history. I liked his assumption about the change from allowing multiple Padawans, to allowing only one a lot. Despite being conjecture, it really makes sense as an explanation for why later Jedi were only allowed to train one Padawan at a time.

Thanks, Jaycen : )

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention, may be a good topic of conversation:

He says at the end of the article he hopes nobody in the game is ever called "master". Where does everyone else stand on this?

I see his point, in a way, because something can feel unrealistic about becoming so powerful you're on par with the most acclaimed mystics in the galaxy.

On another level though, there's more to being a Jedi Master than that, and canonical characters have shown that you don't have to do all that much to make it to that level.

First off, it appears training a Padawan to successful Knighthood is generally a criteria, because they're doing a great service to the order in the process. The more Padawans one has trained, the more likely they are to end up being known as a Jedi Master. Additionally, some reached the Council without real battlefield acclaim, simply on the merit of training successful Padawans and following the Jedi Code and the Council wisely.

Maybe it's just because during the Clone Wars there weren't as many Jedi, but many of the Jedi depicted in GL's Prequel Trilogy had barely done anything to become recognized masters or councilmembers. All it usually took was one successful mission, and so-and-so would eventually be honored with a place on the council.

They also drop like flies at the Battle of Geonosis, something that always bothered me. After Episode II, I rarely thought of Jedi Master as a lofty, unattainable goal, merely a seat-filler spot on the Council given to those that weren't too headstrong.

Personally, I would love to be able to be called a Jedi Master at some point in game. If Ki Adi Mundi could get it for saving his daughter and stopping a criminal (big deal? he had personal motivation) I think for all the Sith I'll be taking down over the course of the game I'll deserve a little recognition ; )

Very nice read, thank you for sharing! Happy

Areku99

AstralProjection wrote:
Personally, I would love to be able to be called a Jedi Master at some point in game. If Ki Adi Mundi could get it for saving his daughter and stopping a criminal (big deal? he had personal motivation) I think for all the Sith I'll be taking down over the course of the game I'll deserve a little recognition ; )

200 credits that it's gonna be a PvP rank like the ones in WoW.

Areku99 wrote:
AstralProjection wrote:

200 credits that it's gonna be a PvP rank like the ones in WoW.

I'll take that bet ; ) I think you're on the right track, I just think they'd get too much flak for making Master a PVP title. I still wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I'm putting my money on a level-cap title, or something that can be achieved through PVE/Instancing.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum