Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jecs CI

re: Welcome to our newest Peacekeeper, Jecs CI!

The application submitted by Jecs CI is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT+5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
In terms of personal achievement, I would describe my motivation as a combination of competitiveness and a feeling of responsibility. I want to be someone that people turn to when they need help doing something - and to be in that kind of position, I can't settle for being second best at whatever my role may be. I'll spend hours theorycrafting, adjusting macros, reading strats, etc to maximize my classes capabilities.

Guild achievement, on the other hand, is motivation in of itself. I take pride in the guild I'm in, and I enjoy feeling that I'm a part of its growth and success.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths:
-commitment. I'll never be the first to give up on an event, raid, or the guild in general. As long as I sense that others are willing to put in the effort needed to succeed.

-experience. I've been in raiding guilds for 11 years (7 in EQ, 4 in WoW). I've been a GL, so I know the difficulties of keeping a guild together. I've been an RL, so I know how to prepare for events. And I've been a general member, so I know how to shut up, listen, and do my job.

-Its hard to upset or offend me, and if you do, i tend to keep it to myself. I will never be the source of drama.

Weaknesses:
-my RL situation and play times may vary a bit over the next year. I'll be starting graduate school in the fall, so I can't be sure what my exact play times will be. But I will make every effort to be available during raid times and peak playing hours.

-I hate alts (is this a weakness?). So I guess I tend not to be someone that can fulfill every role as needed. It may also put me at a disadvantage in some PvP, but I generally do my homework even if I don't actually play the other classes.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Raiding, PvP, group content.

Typically the only thing I don't enjoy much is crafting, which I do only out of necessity.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
swtor forums

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
aside from typing the occasional "WTF!", almost never

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
Not sure I completely understand the question. RL stress? I play video games. In game stress....I grab something to eat and then keep playing. I rarely let stress effect my actions or personality. As for new players...if you're talking about "new to the game", I'm usually very patient and never mock them for things they don't know. If you mean "new to the guild", I'd probably deal with them the same as any other member.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
My expectations of members are in-line with the guild charter.

From leadership, I expect an active presence from all officers. Being an officer should not just be a title. One thing that plagued my guild in EQ was that even though we had 6-8 officers, only 1 or 2 would actively fulfill that role. If that person didn't show up for a raid, the raid didn't happen. If he wasn't on to mediate an in-guild dispute, those members would up and leave the guild. In short, I want to know that the fate of the guild doesn't rely on a single person showing up. I also don't care if I always agree with the decisions being made by leadership, as long as an effort is being made to keep the guild running.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Experience and commitment. While I've already touched on this, I guess I'll go in to a bit more detail.

Regarding experience: I have end-game raiding experience in EQ and WoW. In EQ I was the RL of a top 5 semi-hardcore raiding guild. This involved mining information from message boards and databases to construct strats. While I don't expect to hold an RL position here, I understand how to properly prepare for events ahead of time. I have extensive raiding experience from Tank and DPS (ranged and melee) roles, and slightly less experience as a healer/support. In general, I can promise that I will never be a liability when it comes to raiding. I can also promise that I know how to listen and follow direction without complaint, even if I have conflicting ideas on how to do things.

I have a fair amount of PvP experience from WoW, Aion, and most recently Rift. I understand the difference between coordinated, objective-based PvP and an everyone-for-himself kill-a-thon. You will never find me padding stats instead of fulfilling my role.

Regarding commitment: I invest myself completely in the guilds I join. Regardless of my station within the guild, I put my best effort in to making it succeed. I donate items before I sell them. I defer on loot if its of greater benefit to the guild in someone else's hands. I'll endure failure after failure while we learn strats and never complain or quit.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Everything I've read on your charter and recruitment posts suits me perfectly.

I like that you have participation requirements, yet are not overly demanding.

I like the rigorous application process you have, as it ensures that, if accepted, I'll be among mature/qualified individuals.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
It is very difficult to get under my skin. In most cases, I'd ignore him/her. If he's belligerent and refuses to give up despite my ignoring him, I might report him.

I suppose this happens most in PvP. In those situations, I'm more than happy to let my actions speak for me. I don't participate in taunting or stupid emotes.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I'm a pretty tolerant person (or perhaps just non-confrontational), but if its unbearable, and he/she ignores my requests to stop, I'd just ask an officer to step in. Or if I don't need to be in ventrilo, I might just stop using it for a while.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Darkline

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I was in a sith guild called Jen'Jidai about a year ago. I actually really liked the guild (had similar recruitment and activity requirements as here), but as more game information came out, I decided I'd rather go republic.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Story

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
1) In the above question, I selected "regular member" because I have no aspirations hold an officer position. But I am certainly not opposed to doing so if I come to feel I could help the guild more in that position.

2) I see that all class recruitment is listed as "closed" on your homepage. That being the case, I hope that you will at least put my application on hold, and consider it if/when a position opens up. I have not applied elsewhere, and have no plans currently to do so.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I see most of your "game nights" are scheduled Thu/Fri/Sat. Will in-game activities be on a similar schedule when the game goes live?

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Lord Marvel

Hey there Jecs CI, thanks for stopping by and posting an application.

I must say that I am really impressed with your application and I really do like it. You gave us great number of details about yourself. I am happy to give you thumb up either we will put you on wait list or on trial.

I would have only one question:

Jecs CI wrote:
"What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Raiding, PvP, group content.

Typically the only thing I don't enjoy much is crafting, which I do only out of necessity.

Any hobby or activites other than gaming?

And to answer your question:

Jecs CI wrote:
And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I see most of your "game nights" are scheduled Thu/Fri/Sat. Will in-game activities be on a similar schedule when the game goes live?

We don`t know yet, those days seem to be woring preety well for our members, but when the game hits, we will probably make events all around the week Happy

Jecs CI

Thanks for the quick reply. To answer your question:

Outside of gaming, I'm an avid sports fan (bulls/bears/blackhawks mostly) and I enjoy working out whenever I have the time. I also do biomedical research, which is sort of both my occupation and hobby.
Tcyiora

I really liked your application! Happy It was very detailed and informative.
An arbiter will be along shortly to make a decision on your app. Happy

Kbrury

Thanks for sending in an application and for your quick response to Marvel. I thought overall your application was well done, even though Consular is closed at the moment you have a yes from me.

Because I like to ask questions, I'll ask you one.

What was your main motivation to switch from the Empire to the Republic?

Jecs CI

Thanks Cynette/Kurik.

In response to your question Kurik, I switched partly because of story and partly because I grew more interested in the consular as more information became available. I'm not a huge RPer, but I do like to feel immersed in the game, and honestly I'm not a very good "bad guy". When I watch the demos, I can really see how bioware does a great job playing up different sets of emotions whether you're in the republic story line or in the empire's, and I think the republic side just resonates with me more.
Arkathos

Welcome to Pax Republica Jecs! Passed your application just now and you will be on your way to becoming a full member of this community! Happy I'll have our Trial Director Cyn start you up with your trial, good luck and if you need anything feel free to PM myself, Kurik, Cyn, or pretty much anyone else lol. We're all very helpful! Except Davi...He's a jerk. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tcyiora

Trial Phase 1: Complete √
Trial Phase 2: Complete √
Voting Phase: Complete √

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let’s get started.
During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 03/27/2011 and ending 04/02/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1.
Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.
As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.
At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1:

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums.
(note: please keep your posts meaningful) Complete √

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Complete √

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below:

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum Complete √

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like myself) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info:
(PM me when this is completed)
http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791 Complete √

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them.
Here is a link to the thread:
http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791 Complete √

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or your Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up.
(PM me when this is completed) Complete √

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Complete √

Phase 2:

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day.
(note: a game with us is optional vent is not) Complete √

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums.
(note: please keep your posts meaningful) Complete √

Last edited by Tcyiora on April 4, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 11 times in total

Davi Jones

Gaiutus wrote:
Welcome to Pax Republica Jecs! Passed your application just now and you will be on your way to becoming a full member of this community! Happy I'll have our Trial Director Cyn start you up with your trial, good luck and if you need anything feel free to PM myself, Kurik, Cyn, or pretty much anyone else lol. We're all very helpful! Except Davi...He's a jerk. Happy

Lol what he means is I'm the coolest member and u should definately pm me first :D

great! thanks so much for the opportunity.

I'll get started on the phase 1 steps asap.

Also thanks for the heads up on this Davi person. He does sound rather dubious.
Jecs CI

Quote:
6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or your Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up.

quick question about this: is there a preferred person I should contact to arrange an interview with first?

You may contact any administrator. This includes Gaiutus (The Consul), Kbrury, Cloud, Travis, Aux, Nwahs, Hybrid Lee, myself, or your class Captain, Friscoo.

If you need help finding them, you can find them here:
http://www.pax-republica.net/roster.php?no_min_roster=0&roster_mode=members&paging_page=0&sorter=&guild_game_id=&gid=118791

Happy Hope this helps!

Davi Jones

Cynette wrote:
You may contact any administrator. This includes Gaiutus (The Consul), Kbrury, Cloud, Travis, Aux, Nwahs, Hybrid Lee, myself, or your class Captain, Friscoo.

http://www.pax-republica.net/roster.php?no_min_roster=0&roster_mode=members&paging_page=0&sorter=&guild_game_id=&gid=118791

Happy Hope this helps!

Edit:This includes Gaiutus (The Consul), Kbrury, Cloud, Travis, Aux, Nwahs, Hybrid Lee, myself, or your class Captain, Friscoo, DAVI. tongue out

Davi Jones wrote:
Cynette wrote:

Happy Hope this helps!

Edit:This includes Gaiutus (The Consul), Kbrury, Cloud, Travis, Aux, Nwahs, Hybrid Lee, myself, or your class Captain, Friscoo, DAVI. tongue out

Cue Ackbar?

I gotta say... Cyn, the green complete with the check marks are a very nice touch! A lot more inviting than the red "Done" that the other Trial Directors use. ;)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum