Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Finx!

re: Jedi Knight Event: Poker Night 3/31 8pm Eastern

Maybe we should consider playing at PokerStars like Bongi said. I think it looks better.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

The problem with pokerstars and most sites is that I have a virus that doesn't allow me to download .exe files... so anything that asks me to download a poker client, I can't do that. Sorry guys!

I found something a little better, a place where we can set up a private table. HERE'S HOW TO JOIN!

1. Go to http://www.games.com/game/poker-texas-holdem-limit/

2. Click "Play Multiplayer"

3. Sign-up for an account. It doesn't take long, except that the security code thing you have to type in can be really hard to read sometimes.

4. Once you're in, it will take you to a table.

5. Go to the top left and click "Exit to Tables" and it should take you to a Main menu where you can pick a table. (I have problems doing this in Google Chrome, it would freeze up. It works with Internet Explorer.)

6.Click "Find a player" at the top middle of the screen and type in "Nwahs Nirom1".

7. Join the table it says I'm at, and type in the password "pax" (case-sensitive)

8. Be sure to click "sit-out" until we all are there, so that we all start with the same 500 chips.

I have a few questions for everyone:

1. Do you want to play No limit or Limit Texas Holdem? The difference is in No Limit poker, you can go all in or set your bets as high as you want. In Limit, it gives you predetermined levels to bet or raise. I normally like No Limit, but at game.com we only start with 500 chips, and Limit will keep us all in a bit longer and keep the game going, so people don't go crazy and go all in.

2. This is supposed to be a Knights event, but do you guys mind letting other Pax members join if we have room?

3. I thought I had a third question but I forgot... so if I think of it I'll let you know!

Last edited by Nwahs on March 31, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

I will wait to see if non-knights are invited.

Clusterfact

I have no problem letting non-knights join us. I just don't want to hear any moral-based wise-cracks the whole night.
AstralProjection

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
The problem with pokerstars and most sites is that I have a virus that doesn't allow me to download .exe files... so anything that asks me to download a poker client, I can't do that. Sorry guys!

I found something a little better, a place where we can set up a private table. HERE'S HOW TO JOIN!

1. Go to http://www.games.com/game/poker-texas-holdem-limit/

2. Click "Play Multiplayer"

3. Sign-up for an account. It doesn't take long, except that the security code thing you have to type in can be really hard to read sometimes.

4. Once you're in, it will take you to a table.

5. Go to the top left and click "Exit to Tables" and it should take you to a Main menu where you can pick a table. (I have problems doing this in Google Chrome, it would freeze up. It works with Internet Explorer.)

6.Click "Find a player" at the top middle of the screen and type in "Nwahs Nirom".

7. Join the table it says I'm at, and type in the password "pax" (case-sensitive)

8. Be sure to click "sit-out" until we all are there, so that we all start with the same 500 chips.

I have a few questions for everyone:

1. Do you want to play No limit or Limit Texas Holdem? The difference is in No Limit poker, you can go all in or set your bets as high as you want. In Limit, it gives you predetermined levels to bet or raise. I normally like No Limit, but at game.com we only start with 500 chips, and Limit will keep us all in a bit longer and keep the game going, so people don't go crazy and go all in.

2. This is supposed to be a Knights event, but do you guys mind letting other Pax members join if we have room?

3. I thought I had a third question but I forgot... so if I think of it I'll let you know!

Not sure if I can make the time, as I'm usually getting the kids ready for bed around that time. If I have a chance I'll try to pop in.

Nwahs, I'm sending you a message about that virus problem. None of my fellow guildies should have to suffer a virus when I spend all week long removing them for people.

Help incoming!

I won't be able to make it as i have a conference this evening, however i do quite often play on partypoker.net. My username is Shoephil if anyone is ever online and would like to play a few hands. Other than that, i'll try to make one of these events in the near future Happy

Finx!

Clusterfact wrote:
I have no problem letting non-knights join us. I just don't want to hear any moral-based wise-cracks the whole night.

Aww come on... I would NEVER make any wise cracks about brown bathrobe wearing friends of mine!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Bumpity bump! I'm really hoping to get 10 Pax members into this game of poker, Jedi Knights or not! 50 in-game credits to the winner!

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
...and I think 500 credits in game may be more appealing to people anyway.

Now it's from 500 down to 50? lol

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

My bad, I totally forgot Happy 500 it is!

Awarded:

The event was a success. The following players attended:

Nwahs
Durstalph
Finx
Davi Jones
Aestel
Amorl
Areku
Damek

Durstalph won!

A good amount of people began playing a new single table Limit tournament afterwards with Kevin leading it.

Here's a few pics of the action. I should have gotten one when there was a bunch of chips on the table, but all well.

Forum ImageForum Image

I gotta say it was a blast. Also I was the d2447653...... guy on the table. Eventually got my name correct on there
Kbrury

Poker night was very fun, we will most definately be doing more of them in the future.

Finx!

Kbrury wrote:
Poker night was very fun, we will most definately be doing more of them in the future.

Yea I bet you will... you won the last game of the night

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah I definitely want to set up another one, and this time will do a single-table-tournament so it will run better

Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum