Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Blind Equilibrium

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Blind Equilibrium!

The application submitted by Blind Equilibrium is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-7:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
N/A

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
A need to excel is what drives me, whether that is the most ideal character set up that will allow the group to succeed or spending the extra time researching outside of normal playtimes to find a better way of playing that I previously hadn't considered. I take a great deal of pleasure at being an integral part of a team and putting forth maximum effort even in the face of "certain defeat".

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My strengths are that I am willing to put in the time and attempts to get something done, and my dedication to what I commit myself to. I tend to try and learn all the classes and how they best interact in order to gain the most out of every action performed. I am willing to change roles or even reroll characters in order to best support a group when needed. I am the first person to call myself out for pulling a boneheaded move and will make a joke about myself and try not to do it again in the future.

My primary weakness is a need to min/max where I get overly fixated on a minor detail like an itch that can't be scratched and my wife needs to pry me away from trying to solve it; also, I am a stay at home dad since I was retired so I sometimes need to step away while playing to take care of my boy which can be frustrating to others.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Playing with my son, running, and reading when not gaming. I have been attempting to become more tech savvy lately so I can build a new computer prior to SWTOR release, but we'll see how that goes

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR guild search function

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not nearly as much since retiring from the military and becoming a dad

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
Stress is bread and butter and helps me focus more, new players are there to be helped as we all were newbies at one point

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Guild members are there to support each other and bolster each other up as much as possible. That any member of a guild honors their commitments to the best of their ability be it to show up to a pvp group they said they would, or a raid that is scheduled, and if they cannot then to let the others know so as to prevent guildies and friends from flapping in the breeze wondering where they are.
Leadership to be non-partisan when dealing with any issues that arise to allow the most objective and fair decision to be reached and to be open to suggestions from the rest of the guild when it comes to tactics or strategies during an encounter or event.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I feel that I have a knack of seeing the big picture in a lot of cases and how all the gears mesh and work together. I tend to be very devoted to a group once I feel at home with them and will work with new people so they can reach their maximum potential. I have a good sense of humor and an unusual personality and can take a good-natured ribbing or constructive criticism if I flub something up.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Honestly the website was the first thing that caught my attention. Any guild can have a pretty forum recruitment post, but a well maintained website with an active community can speak volumes on the quality of a guild. The structure and strictures of the policies piqued my interest as well, as they were up to date and articulate. Both of these speak of a devoted group that will work to accomplish amazing things with a healthy sense of camaraderie.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I don't. If they persist on trying to goad me then add them to ignore.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Ask that they stop politely. If they persist, then place them on mute in vent and inform an officer of what is going on.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Blinded

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No other previous SWTOR guild

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Story

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I have a strong desire to be a member of a dedicated, healthy community right at the get go when SWTOR launches. I have found in the past the more a guild's members put into a guild, the more they get out of it. Based on what I have seen of this guild so far I have no doubt of the sort of accomplishments that this group will perform and I would really like to be part of that journey with you all.

I saw reading previous apps prior to starting mine that people were being asked what they were going to be rolling as their AC, and as the roster I saw said only 9 were committed to Gunslinger, I think I will be going with the underdog and going with that, Bioware is doing an amazing job of providing depth to the classes and I am pretty positive it will expand from the one-dimensional ranged dps class it is now to add more facets to it.

Note: After reviewing my app prior to submission, I marked N/A for employment as I have recently been retired from the military and am now a stay at home parent.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
None at this time, thank you for your time.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hello! Thanks for applying to Pax Republica. I'm afraid to let you know that as of a few hours ago we closed recruitment, but we'll hold onto your application for the future if Smuggler spots open.

I'm also a retired military member, so thank you for your service!

Awarded:

First to reiterate what Nwahs said... A big thank you for your service!

Your application was very well thought out. Unfortunately, we're already about to pop a button on our cap. If you have yet to find a good home when a spot opens we'll absolutely get up with you.

Blind Equilibrium

LOL, guess that goes to show me for spending a couple days reading the forums before posting an app... oops. If it isn't a problem I'll keep ghosting around the forums in case a spot opens up.
All the classes hold an interest to me so that isn't an issue, there were just the most openings for smuggler at the time I was doing my research.

Thank you again for the swift replies and I'll hold out hope of an opening prior to release.
Arkathos

Hey there buddy! Amazing application, and we will be putting your application on ice / hold while we let the current applicants sift through. If a spot opens up you will definitely be contacted! Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Blind Equilibrium wrote:
LOL, guess that goes to show me for spending a couple days reading the forums before posting an app... oops. If it isn't a problem I'll keep ghosting around the forums in case a spot opens up.
All the classes hold an interest to me so that isn't an issue, there were just the most openings for smuggler at the time I was doing my research.

Not a problem at all, we appreciate your flexibility! You're also more than welcome to drop into Ventrilo sometime to join us in whatever we happen to be playing at the time.

Blind Equilibrium

Great to hear! I am having a grand old time reading the trooper and smuggler forums now and getting a chuckle out of the bantering going back and forth.

Great name by the way, gotta love BSG!
Blind Equilibrium

travisccook wrote:
Not a problem at all, we appreciate your flexibility! You're also more than welcome to drop into Ventrilo sometime to join us in whatever we happen to be playing at the time.

I'll have to do that, though it may be to be social, I don't play any of the games I see on the calendar atm, though I can hunt down SC2 to reinstall... though I kinda stink at RTS's they are good fun.
Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Hey Blind Equilibrium!

We've got a Consular spot opening if you'd like it. If you aren't interested in Consular, no problem! We expect a few more openings in the coming days, just let us know.

Thanks!

Cloud Kanno

Your application has been approved now that we have an open spot for the smuggler class. Good luck on your trial! Happy

Great to hear! Time to knock out that P1 and P2 to do list... though I may need 2 accounts to do both smuggler and consular. I'll run with consular atm since that was the first post I saw and there was another person that app'ed specifically for smuggler class. Thanks again, and I look forward to playing with you all!
Kbrury

We actually have two spots for Smuggler if you prefer it over the other classes.

Blind Equilibrium

I think I'll jump on the chance to have a glow stick, though if an excellent app comes up for consular I'll be happy to change class to accommodate the needs of the guild. Happy
HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Done
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/21/2011 and ending 3/28/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by HybridLee on March 28, 2011 10:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Durstalph

Huzzah! You made it to the trials! Huzzah!

Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum