Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Kidder Cole

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Korpsman!

The application submitted by Korpsman is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Individuals all have different goals and achievements they want to obtain. When working with a group of individuals, I think that all understand that there needs to be a strong amount of give and take. Often times, individual achievements can only be obtained with help from others. I don't have any specific achievements in mind in relation to SWTOR, but I am certain that when the game comes out, there will definitely be things I will want to accomplish. Because of this, I am motivated to contribute to help others achieve. And hopefully that help will be reciprocated. I think that healthy give and take will help to create a good gaming experienced for everyone!

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My strengths include: following direction, taking suggestions/criticisms and adjusting performance without allowing in to affect me personally, being a team player, and in general staying relaxed about things. My weaknesses include: being easily distracted if there is no set goal, not dealing well with incompetence, remaining quite about things when I should perhaps speak up!

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy gaming. Being physically active. I run, cycle, swim. I like following the gaming industry. I like shooting, when I can get to the range. Thinking about going back to school to get a Science Degree. Interested in law and might go to Law School. Not sure if I want that debt :P

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR forums. I have seen many members from Pax post in the forums. I put up a LFG post and received a message from Kbrury.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I tend to get quiet in stressful situations. If I know someone is a new player, I will tend to help them out or assisit them with what they are trying to do.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Pretty much what I posted in the 'What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?' section. But to add: I would expect all members and the leadership to act fairly and in accordance with the Charter. I would hope that everyone here is looking to have a fun time and that everyone supports that endeavor!

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I believe I can be a good team player that can help support the guild and it's members. I have been a part of Raid guilds and PvP guilds (mainly office-mates close friends that are die-hard gamers), so I do have an understanding of the roles that certain classes will play and how to work within a group to accomplish tasks. Finally, I believe that I can be a good representative of the guild to other players in SWTOR and the general SWTOR community!

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Mainly that Pax seems to be well organized and established. In my experience, on the SWTOR forums, I really haven't seen instances where PAX members were posting in a rude or harsh manner, unless they were legitimately defending valid points. Also, I liked the fact that you have open game nights that allow non-members to play games with PAX members, so non-members can get to know the members of PAX in a gaming environment.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Really depends on what the "smack" is in relation to. If it is an enemy player, I might just attack him/her. If it is a player on the Republic side, I may try to resolve the issue, if there is one, but if I can't I would put that player on ignore and contact a guild officer to let him/her know about the individual, which guild they are with and what the individual was doing.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
If there is an officer in vent, I would message the officer and ask him/her to contact the annoying member. (I would hope that an officer or senior member would nip this in the bud before it got out of hand) If nothing happens after contacting the officer and if I have sufficient vent. rights, I would place the member on mute.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Recker

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I was in Beskar for a few months, early in 2009. Just wasn't for me. In general, the folks over there were nice and there was some great posting about all things Mandalorian!

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Exploring

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Story

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
In my very limited play time with some of your members, I think that I would fit in well given the temperaments of the members that I played with!
Thanks for the opportunity! If you have further questions, please let me know!

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
I understand that PAX currently has a member cap of 100. I am fine with being put on a waiting list, should I be accepted. I plan on playing a Trooper (Healer). I understand that the Trooper class is currently closed. Should I apply as a Smuggler Healer and if/when the Trooper Healer is confirmed, change my chosen class then?

Will you be requiring a certain number of Advanced classes to be represented among the various general classes?

How does PAX plan to handle Crafting? Will there be dedicated crafters? Will there be a resource contribution requirement from members to support dedicated crafters?

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Arkathos

Hey there buddy! Awesome application - one of the better I've seen in a long time! Since we have gamed with you and you took the initiative to join us in ventrilo I don't believe we'll need to stick you on a waiting list. I'll just wait for some other replies first before I go ahead and pass you through!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kbrury

Hey Korpsman very nice application. I've played with him a couple times on our ventrilo so he has a yes from me.

Mudkipzs

Havn't met the chap but I read his app and he seems like an all together guy. However I dunno bout that law school talk...science for the win :D

/vote=yes

Mud

Pop over to my Website :D!!

ToR Beta Roster

Miralukan - Consular - Lv.10 | Miralukan - Knight - Lv.15 | Zabrak - Sith Warrior - Lv.6

HybridLee

Right, now that is a good application! I've definitely seen you on Ventrilo often so I say yes.
HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Complete
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/14/2011 and ending 3/21/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by HybridLee on March 21, 2011 10:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Lord Marvel

re: Re: [Trial] - Korpsman - 3/21/2011

Korpsman wrote:
I understand that PAX currently has a member cap of 100. I am fine with being put on a waiting list, should I be accepted. I plan on playing a Trooper (Healer). I understand that the Trooper class is currently closed. Should I apply as a Smuggler Healer and if/when the Trooper Healer is confirmed, change my chosen class then?

Well yes we have our limit set at 100, but if we will receive some awesome application, like yours, we are willing to let such quality people join in. If we will have 110 or so, it won`t be that much of a problem Happy

Korpsman wrote:
Will you be requiring a certain number of Advanced classes to be represented among the various general classes?

No, we are just aiming at haveing around 25 people in each class +/- few Happy

Korpsman wrote:
How does PAX plan to handle Crafting? Will there be dedicated crafters? Will there be a resource contribution requirement from members to support dedicated crafters?

We haven`t really finished talking about that, but we have some members who already said that they will be dedicated crafters, and we think that we will organize 1-2 a week resource hunt to help them, being part of the hunt is not necessary, but we will be glad for every member that will join Happy
ofc if you will have some materials that you don`t need and put them into bank to help members/crafters, it will bo noticed Happy

Good luck with your trial Korpsman, make me a proud Class Leader ;)

Kidder Cole

re: Re: [Trial] - Korpsman - 3/21/2011

Lord Marvel wrote:
Korpsman wrote:

Well yes we have our limit set at 100, but if we will receive some awesome application, like yours, we are willing to let such quality people join in. If we will have 110 or so, it won`t be that much of a problem Happy

Korpsman wrote:

No, we are just aiming at haveing around 25 people in each class +/- few Happy

Korpsman wrote:

We haven`t really finished talking about that, but we have some members who already said that they will be dedicated crafters, and we think that we will organize 1-2 a week resource hunt to help them, being part of the hunt is not necessary, but we will be glad for every member that will join Happy
ofc if you will have some materials that you don`t need and put them into bank to help members/crafters, it will bo noticed Happy

Good luck with your trial Korpsman, make me a proud Class Leader ;)

Thank you everyone! And thanks for answering my questions Lord Marvel!

-K
Icarus Rayden

Welcome man!
Its always nice to see new troopers join Pax, as I am (will be) a trooper myself.
I hope I see you around Vent.

We are not legends. We are not heroes. We are not saviors. We are ordinary men and women who have the guts to face the vast and dark horrors of space so that our families and friends may look up to the coming days with hope.
We are Troopers.
Lord Marvel

Vent account created Happy YaY for my first one ^_^

Mudkipzs

Well Korpsman it seems your pretty much in Happy Just need to get past the next part of the trial and thats it.

You spoke about crafting in the guild- Are you interested in crafting or dedi-crafting? As LM said about 'resource hunts' it does seem there will be plenty to go around but its always good to have crafters on board since you can never have too many assets :D

Mud

Pop over to my Website :D!!

ToR Beta Roster

Miralukan - Consular - Lv.10 | Miralukan - Knight - Lv.15 | Zabrak - Sith Warrior - Lv.6

Kidder Cole

Mudkipzs wrote:
Well Korpsman it seems your pretty much in Happy Just need to get past the next part of the trial and thats it.

You spoke about crafting in the guild- Are you interested in crafting or dedi-crafting? As LM said about 'resource hunts' it does seem there will be plenty to go around but its always good to have crafters on board since you can never have too many assets :D

Mud

Hi Mud! I am interested in crafting, but not to the level of say a "dedicated" crafter might be at. What I do like about the SWTOR crafting system is that it seems to be pretty accessible to everyone, even casual crafters or folks that normally don't craft. I think that getting folks together for resource runs is a great idea and I would love to contribute to that effort!

I guess I need to start doing some research. As a Trooper/Healer, would it be more beneficial to focus on making stims/healing consumables? Or should I focus on armor so I am able to have access to a really good set of Heavy healing armor so I can bolster heals? Hard to say at this point. But I will see what I can find out Happy
Airborne44

Korpsman wrote:
I guess I need to start doing some research. As a Trooper/Healer, would it be more beneficial to focus on making stims/healing consumables? Or should I focus on armor so I am able to have access to a really good set of Heavy healing armor so I can bolster heals? Hard to say at this point. But I will see what I can find out Happy

You're thinking of end game crafting months before the release? A little soon... I think.

My guess is that if you're not a serious crafter or rich, then the best armor you can get will come from PvE/PvP (especially when you are leveling up). So a casual crafter will most likely just be crafting for exp/credits or making some consumables for them self.
Kbrury

IMO Armor Crafters are useful sometimes, once the guild has been in endgame for a while the majority of the guild will most likely have stuff equal to what those crafter can make. Crafting consumables on the other hand is always useful no matter what class or specialization.

Kidder Cole

Airborne44 wrote:
Korpsman wrote:

You're thinking of end game crafting months before the release? A little soon... I think.

My guess is that if you're not a serious crafter or rich, then the best armor you can get will come from PvE/PvP (especially when you are leveling up). So a casual crafter will most likely just be crafting for exp/credits or making some consumables for them self.

Hi Airborne44! Good to meet you!

I guess my biggest concern is whether or not the itemization will really be there for the Trooper Healer. Both while leveling and at end game. It could be that the only Trooper healing gear will be had at end game. But if that is the case, then I may be better off going the DPS/Tank route until I am able to access that armor. I certainly hope it won't be the case that in order to get armor with decent healing stats, I have to seek out Medium armor. I just don't think a trooper would look good in some of that Smuggler garb lol!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum