Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Vanden Norr

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Vanden Norr!

The application submitted by Vanden Norr is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States of America

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Highschool

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
I will soon

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I have always been a goal-oriented individual. Fear of failure is motivation enough to achieve.

As a member of Varsity sports teams throughout High School, contributing to a larger goal is also ingrained in me. I've always approached any sport with the mindset of: individuals may score points, but teams win games.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths - Perfectionist, always working to my talents, dedicated, and loyal

Weaknesses - Too prideful at times; try to do too much myself

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I spend the majority of my time involved in sports at my High School. I play on our football and basketball teams, and also run track.

As Senior year is approaching its end, I will be focusing more time on finding scholarships.

I am currently involved in a Star Wars club for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and Star Wars Battlefront II. (igf.darkjedi.org) Upon release of SWTOR, however, I feel that my time with the club may be at an end as they plan to host the game as well with an Imperial faction.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Browsing through SWTOR's guild system; looking for active guild with strong membership base.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No. I very seldom cuss online.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I don't let stress affect me too much online; after all, it's just a game. From real life stress, gaming is one of my favorite releases. I am always welcoming towards new players as well. I feel that a new player deserves just as much respect as a regular member of a guild... They could also be your next best friend!

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
To provide a fun, safe, and active guild for its fellow members. I think that the leadership will do its role in providing interesting content to enhance the gaming experience.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I think I can be a great addition to Pax Republica because I bring a unique background to the table and also enjoy Star Wars just as much as everyone else here. I will be 100% dedicated to the guild. Also, I feel I should mention that this would be my first pay-to-play MMO, so I think that being new to the whole experience will also benefit me and other members of the community as I learn the ropes of how to play the game.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The organization, despite there not even being a launch date for SWTOR, is what initially drew me to Pax Republica. Upon reading your charter and rules as well, I realized that this is the perfect fit for me.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I don't react; I will continue on my own business with the people who do matter in the game: my guild-mates. I don't have time to waste on petty drama in an online game.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I ask that member to stop it. As per Pax Republica's rules on the Ventrilo server, that member should stop due to my request and out of respect for that request.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
VandenTorr

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I have not been in any other SWTOR guilds.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
Not at all.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Exploring

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I feel like I would be a great addition to the guild. Feel free to contact me either via email (djo.masterganner@gmail.com) or over Xfire (jediganner) for a follow-up interview.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
No.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Martonian

ok dont know about any of you guys, but his section in his app talking about all the sports he plays made me tired im gonna go take a nap now. lol

oh and looks like a pretty good app and seems like he would be a good addition with the rest of us cons.

ObiBen

Quote:
Fear of failure is motivation enough to achieve.

But if you fail, then what?

Liked the app though. Good luck!

Good luck with your App
Vanden Norr

@ObiBen: If I fail, then I learn my lesson, get right back up, and don't make the same mistake twice. Happy

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm really hoping to get in!
Blood Razer

Very good app! I wish you good luck!
HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Done
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/13/2011 and ending 3/20/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums Done

Oh, and I believe that this is one of the best applications ever submitted. Thumbs up.

Last edited by HybridLee on March 20, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Vanden Norr

Thank you Lee for all the help last night on Ventrilo. Certainly made things easier with you explaining everything.

Huzzah! ;)
Mudkipzs

I just have a query - your app was great - you seem very enthusiastic :D But with regards to your sporting - obviously real life comes before gaming but do you play/practice to the extent that you would be more inactive than active in the general scheme of things?

Other than that - you have my vote mate Happy Hope it all goes well :D

Mud

Pop over to my Website :D!!

ToR Beta Roster

Miralukan - Consular - Lv.10 | Miralukan - Knight - Lv.15 | Zabrak - Sith Warrior - Lv.6

Vanden Norr

Mudkipzs wrote:
I just have a query - your app was great - you seem very enthusiastic :D But with regards to your sporting - obviously real life comes before gaming but do you play/practice to the extent that you would be more inactive than active in the general scheme of things?

Other than that - you have my vote mate Happy Hope it all goes well :D

Mud

I appreciate the concern. Actually, in all honesty, by the time this game is launched, I won't be playing sports regularly. This spring season is my last season of sports ever as I'm running track.

I will continue to play intermural sports in college, but as far as interfering with the guild, no it will not in any way.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Welcome! Nice to meet another athlete. What positions do you play in the sports you mentioned? I was a Free-Safety, wide-receiver, and Kick/Punt returner in High School football.

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Welcome! Nice to meet another athlete. What positions do you play in the sports you mentioned? I was a Free-Safety, wide-receiver, and Kick/Punt returner in High School football.

Seems we are similar athletes then! I was FS and WR as well, though more of a Flanker on offense (would motion and such). I did get in on a few Punt returns, but our main punt returner was eventually the league player of the year.

In basketball, I was a combo wing/guard position, and in track I run sprints (200, 400) and occasionally some middle distance (800).

Was football the only sport you played?
HybridLee

53 posts? Nice, welcome to phase 2!
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Vanden Norr wrote:
Nwahs Nirom wrote:

Seems we are similar athletes then! I was FS and WR as well, though more of a Flanker on offense (would motion and such). I did get in on a few Punt returns, but our main punt returner was eventually the league player of the year.

In basketball, I was a combo wing/guard position, and in track I run sprints (200, 400) and occasionally some middle distance (800).

Was football the only sport you played?

Football and Track were the only sports I lettered in, and I only ran track to get faster and stronger for football. I didn't even bother to go to away meets, because I just didn't really care, instead I spent the time doing homework or what not.

However, I played and still play A LOT of roller and floor hockey, mainly playing as goalie. I love hockey!

Nwahs Nirom wrote:
Football and Track were the only sports I lettered in, and I only ran track to get faster and stronger for football. I didn't even bother to go to away meets, because I just didn't really care, instead I spent the time doing homework or what not.

However, I played and still play A LOT of roller and floor hockey, mainly playing as goalie. I love hockey!

Nice... I had the same mentality for track (unfortunately, I did NOT get the same luxury as you!) up until this season, when it hit me that this is my last shot to make it to State in a sport. So I am getting better daily in a hopeful run at the state meet.

Never had the opportunity to play floor hockey, although I've always wanted to. Maybe that will change with college coming up Happy

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum