Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nubrek

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Nubrek!

The application submitted by Nubrek is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
USA

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I've always strived for excellence in all of my games. To name a few, in WoW I was in a guild that ranked #16 in the world in heroic lich king kills. I'm constantly researching my class to be able to use it at 110% capacity. I've been paid to play modern warfare on teams like onFyre, fresh baked muffins, and american steel. My motivation comes from self progression, as well as guild progression.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
My strenghts are my ability to become one of the best at everything that I do, my weakness is time right now. With a full time job, typically my only time to play are late nights and weekends. However, with a late spring launch this year my schedule will most likely change, so I can go full force at SWToR.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I like being productive when I'm on, so you'll never see me idling in that big capitol city somewhere on some moon. I love pvp, whiskey, and raiding.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWToR guild launch

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I like to pass my knowledge on when I can

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
My expectations are simple really, provide me the ability to love the game. It's as easy as having events planned regularly on the calender, or just being as active or more active as me. Since my hours may be sporadic, I'm looking for a guild that has the diversity in its members to be on at all hours of the day, so I could log in and easily form groups with people I know rather than using pubs.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can contribute the skills and competence of a professional grade gamer

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I'm not sure really, I saw the name and it caught my eye.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I would probably think its funny. Then most likely challenge them to an embarrassing duel and completely annihilate them.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I'd ask the member to take it down a couple notches, if it persisted I'd probably ignore them, or move channels.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
nubrek

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I can only say that I have a solid gaming background, and would definitely be a great asset to the guild once SWToR launches. I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Kbrury

Thanks for sending in an application Nubrek, You application was very strong. When it comes to sporadic playtime we don't mind since we are a casual guild. Plus we have members located in all parts of the world, you could literally logon at anytime and there will probably be someone on. You have a yes from me. Happy

Here's his application from SWTOR.

Quote:
List your past MMORPG experience, if any:

My past MMO experience ranges from hardcore raiding in World of Warcraft, to large-scale PvP raids in SWG. I'm a seasoned veteran when it comes to MMO gaming, and I'm just looking for a solid guild I can call home when SWToR launches.

What are you looking for in a guild?:

I'm looking for an active guild that has a large diversity of players and schedules, as my schedule is typically sporadic, I enjoy logging in when I can and diving straight into something productive. I enjoy PvP and PvE equally, so whatever is on the agenda I'll most likely find an interest in.

What can you contribute to a guild?:

If you're looking for a solid gamer, I'll have that department covered. I've always excelled in any class that I play, and I plan to be among the best smugglers in the game.

Extra:

I'm 25, and not afraid to use vent or any other voice communication software.

Arkathos

I'll give a yes as well. Excellent application Nubrek.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kbrury

Application accepted, welcome to the guild and good luck on your trial.

ObiBen

Quote:
form groups with people I know rather than using pubs.

I myself like to avoid pubs as well, good man.

Just curious, what server/guild/class(main) did you play on in WoW?

And welcome to the guild! Good luck on your trial, I'm sure you will do fine. Happy

Trial Phase 1: Done
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/13/2011 and ending 3/20/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiters or Envoys (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Oh, and I believe that this is one of the best applications ever submitted. Thumbs up.

Last edited by HybridLee on March 25, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Nubrek

Quote:

Just curious, what server/guild/class(main) did you play on in WoW?

My main was a warlock in Bad News Bears, on Kel'thuzad. Recently though, I've been playing my holy paladin on Burning Legion with Blaze End for cataclysm.

Thank you guys for the friendly comments and I look forward to completing all of my trial phases Happy

Last edited by Nubrek on March 23, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mudkipzs

You seem like a power gamer :P Plan your stats and get the gear to give you the best bonuses rather than creating a fun and deep character :P

I like power gamers because they give great class specific analysis's which makes PvP so much more interesting Happy

I vote yes ;)

Mud

Pop over to my Website :D!!

ToR Beta Roster

Miralukan - Consular - Lv.10 | Miralukan - Knight - Lv.15 | Zabrak - Sith Warrior - Lv.6

HybridLee

Moving you onto phase 2!
HybridLee

Voting phase starting... now!
Arkathos

He's been busy in vent with us lately, so I vote yes. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
ReMMeX

Well nubrek is a nice buddy. I like him and I really enjoy playing with him. I cant really say much more. I think that this is enough. A good person, kind and polite.

He is active in the forum and he spends alot of time in vent so i VOTE YES YES YES Happy

Every mistake is a Lesson,Learn not to repeat it !
Lord Marvel

Can`t say no, to guy with great activity ^_^

HybridLee

Well well well. Welcome to Pax, Nubrek.
Areku99

Welcome to the family!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum