Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Thorzin

re: Welcome to our newest Peacekeeper, Thorzin!

The application submitted by Thorzin is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Rewards motivate me to accomplish goals or reach achievements I have set for myself. I may be a physical reward like money or even something like self satisfaction. I strive to reach achievements for self improvement as well, and also achievements are always fun to brag about :P

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I strive to do what's best for the group or guild not just wants best for me. I know doing what helps the group as a whole in the end will also benefit me. I also take what I do in games seriously, not to say I'm an overly serious person. If theres something I want to get done in the game I'll get it done.

My availability is a weakness of mine. I'll admit that it's hard for me to say when I'll be on and when I won't be on. I work full time as well as go to school full time, and I also have a full time girl friend. Even with those three things I intend to play this game a lot.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy gaming obviously, its on of my passions. I play all kinds of games not just MMO's. I'm a computer person who enjoys building computers, and troubleshooting, programming, and networking. I like it all. I also used to play magic, but I don't really do that anymore (too expensive). I enjoy watching anime as well. So, as you can see I'm just an all around nerd so I should fit right in, right?

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
the SWTOR website

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Nope

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
Well enough

[edit]
Ok, some of of you asked me to explain this a little better. I didn't really give this question much thought. New players I like to teach them how to play and I think deal with them well. In other games I've been known to take new players under my wing and teach them the ropes.

I handle stress really well actually. I play video games to relive stress myself. So, I won't have any problems with stress.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect the leaders to listen to the concerns of the members and I expect the members to follow the rules the leaders set. I expect the guild as a whole to be a fun environment where everyone feels welcome. I expect members to be dedicated to guild activities (raids?) and to have the guild's best interest in mind. I also expect guild members to represent the guild well in the community.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I can contribute a lot. I'm an experienced MMO player who's been playing games like this for a very long time. I've been in some really good guilds so I can give advice on how to run things if asked. I'm also just a fun loving person who can contribute positively in guild chat.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
To be honest it appeared to be the best organized on that list the SWTOR website has. I wanted a US guild, and I wanted them to be already well established and with a few members and that's what you guys were.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
It would depend on the situation. If it was just a random person that I hadn't had any interaction with prior then I'd probably just ignore them. But lets say this player and I had just grouped for a dungeon and he was telling me I was a horrible player when I'm clearly not. I'd defend myself, but I wouldn't "talk smack" back to him. I just wouldn't stand there an take it either.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Ask them to stop, and if they don't just simply put them on ignore.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Wessaka

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No I have not

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No, I have not.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Socializing

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Well if there's anything else you guys would like to know about me please just ask. I definitely look forward to playing this game with you guys. I think I'd be a great member of your guild and I thank you guys for taking the time to look over my application.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
How long have you guys been around? Was this guild just created for SWTOR or are you a guild that been carried from a different MMO?

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Last edited by Thorzin on March 12, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kbrury

Very nice application, and to answer your question the guild has been around for just under 2 years. It was created as a pre-release SWTOR guild.

Damek Critou

Very nice and thoughtful, except for the "dealing with stress" part, but otherwise it was good. I'd say give him a go. Happy

timaselj

Agree with damek; a solid app, but the stress question could use a bit more explanation, at least by my point of view. Otherwise I also say; Green light to you! Happy

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Kbrury

As the the others have said if you could provide a little more detail on the stress question that would be great. Also could you briefly go over your MMO experience? Thank you very much.

Thorzin

I made a change on my app to include a little more details about the stress question. Also my mmo experience includes WoW and Warhammer Online, which I didn't play for very long. I have however been playing WoW for many years now, and have loved my time with it, but I'm looking for something new.

I've done raids and PvP extensively, and enjoy them both a lot. Anything else you want to know just ask. Happy Thank you.
Kbrury

Thank you for the follow-up, application accepted.

Cloud Kanno

Trial Phase 1: Complete
Trial Phase 2: Complete
Voting Phase: Complete

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/12/2011 and ending 3/19/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by Cloud Kanno on March 13, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Thank you for the opportunity. I will work on completing the tasks listed above whenever I have spare time. I shouldn't have a problem completing them before the due date.

On a side note I want to compliment you guys on the website. I love it! the information posts on the forums are very clean and professional looking. My hats off to you guys, very well done.
Kbrury

Ventrilo account created.

HybridLee

Interview done.
HybridLee

PHAAASE 2.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Voting Phase has begun.

So now you guys are voting on if I should be in the guild? How long does this stag usually take? and how will I know when it's over?

Thorzin wrote:
So now you guys are voting on if I should be in the guild? How long does this stag usually take? and how will I know when it's over?

Yep, now we vote, it usually takes a day or two. We vote here in the thread, so you'll be able to see the votes and comments people make.

You are however, still not done all your trial requirements, and many of us, myself included, won't vote to pass someone until they're all finished. I don't like playing the hard nose, but we have people waiting wanting to join the guild, so I'm not going to vote yes on anyone who doesn't make the minimum requirements outlined in the trial. Its nothing personal, get the trial done and I'll change my vote to a yes. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum