Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kahnquest

re: Congratulations to Peacekeeper Kahnquest!

The application submitted by Kahnquest is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I love to strive to push myself and my character to the next level. Whether it is actually leveling up, getting the next achievement, or making myself better at PvP. I don't necessarily have to be that best at what I do, but I do want to me great at doing it.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Strengths: My sense of humor and ability to not let things get under my skin. I can PvP for hours with zero wins and still have a good time at it. I just enjoy the time I get to spend with guildies while doing it. I am also a good leader if the situation warrants it, but prefer to be a efficient and useful follower.

Weakness: My main weakness would be time. Being a father and husband as well as a full time engineer does not leave as much time as I like to game. However, when I do get in game I give it my all to enjoy the time I am there.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy spending time with my 9yr old daughter and 2yr old son, watching College football and playing MMOs. I have also begun to dabble in model railroading.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
I learned about Pax Republica on the SWTOR forums. I googled the website and from there was impressed with the level of detail someone put into the charter and site.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No, but don't mind other's cussing.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
Very little gets on my nerves. I handle stress very well. I enjoy playing with new players. Showing them around and teaching them the ropes can be educational for both persons involved.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect the leadership and members to respect one another and do what they can to make their time in game as enjoyable as possible. I would hope the leadership is open-minded and willing to listen to suggestions from the membership.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I think my general good mood is infectious. I try to always keep a positive outlook on things even when the situation looks grim. I think this quality will help the moral of the group up.

I have been a leader in several of the MMOs I have played and would be willing to do the same here if there is a need. If not, I am perfectly content being a faithful follower and offering insight when I can.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I have been looking for a good Republic guild for awhile but found most were RP guilds. I can RP but I am not very good at it and usually avoid it. I saw some people on the forums mention the Pax name and decided to google it. I found the website to be incredible and the charter was exactly what I was looking for. It is obvious that those involve plan on being around awhile and putting all they can into making the guild great. That level of dedication is hard to come by.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I would laugh it off and leave or just ignore them. Takes alot to get a reaction from me and a person in an online game is not going to be able to reach that point.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
If it got to the point where it was disruptive to the others in vent and playing, I would ask them nicely to stop. If it continued I would send a PM to an Officer so they can monitor the situation and take action.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
Graeknight

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No I have not.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No I have not.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Crafting

Which of the following interests you third most?:
PVP

In relation to the guild.:
I serve the guild

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I am a very active forum user. I would venture to say most members will get to know me through the forums since I am not a big ventrilo speaker. I use vent, I just usually listen or only speak when spoken to. I also enjoy research. Once I find a class/spec I emjoy, I spend alot of time researching it to make myself a good at playing it as possible.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
The charter covered any questions I had.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Kbrury

I thought this was a great application so you have a yes from me. What's your favorite College team? Happy

Kahnquest

Kbrury wrote:
I thought this was a great application so you have a yes from me. What's your favorite College team? Happy

Thanks!

Through good times and bad, I am a South Carolina Gamecocks fan. tongue out
Tcyiora

Nice to meet ya! Happy I liked your app! Hope you get accepted! ^_^

Kbrury

Kahnquest wrote:
Kbrury wrote:

Thanks!

Well I have to say I've never seen a team have so many shots at taking down the number 1 team but I guess that's the SEC for ya.

Kahnquest

Kbrury wrote:
Kahnquest wrote:
Kbrury wrote:

Thanks!

Well I have to say I've never seen a team have so many shots at taking down the number 1 team but I guess that's the SEC for ya.

Last year we managed to beat the number 1 team in Baseball, Basketball and Football. Unfortunately, only in baseball were we able to capitalize on it.
Kbrury

Application Accepted. Happy

HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Done
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/11/2011 and ending 3/18/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by HybridLee on March 18, 2011 3:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Icarus Rayden

Welcome Kahnquest! Good luck with your trials! I hope i see you around ventrilo sometime.
Cheers

We are not legends. We are not heroes. We are not saviors. We are ordinary men and women who have the guts to face the vast and dark horrors of space so that our families and friends may look up to the coming days with hope.
We are Troopers.
Stealth B-2

Nice to meet ya, I'm Stealth B-2 and I'm the Smuggler Class Leader here. If you have an questions, concerns, or comments feel free to PM me or chat me up over Ventrilo...

And all I have to say is... KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
SLAINEUK

Good look with your app catch me on vent if you fancy a chat tc
Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

Welcome aboard. Great application, look forward to getting to know you!

Cloud Kanno

Hey Kahn, I just want to say great job completing all your tasks for phase one. I know they can seem pretty demanding while having a full-time job and being a father. Only a few more days until you move on to phase two, though. Good luck!

Woot woot, welcome to phase 2 Kahn!
Kahnquest

Thanks. I should be able to get in vent this weekend. I was trying to nail down a game to play with some of you but have not found one just yet. I may have to pick up TF2 even though I am terrible at FPS.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum