Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Lotholar

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, Lotholar!

The application submitted by LethargicFetus is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-5:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Highschool

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
The fact that I WILL become an officer in the United States Marine Corps is the driving factor behind anything I do, and I approach every situation with the mentality of a Marine Corps officer. As cliche as it may sound, I strive to be the best at everything, as should every aspiring Marine.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
It truly depends on what you're referring to. Im a good writer, but a Calculus whiz, I am not. I'm good at running and lifting, but relatively weak at benchpresses. I believe we all have strengths in weaknesses in every category of our every day lives.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I enjoy working out and playing Xbox Live with friends. Also, I love anything by Lucas Entertainment; movies, games, etc.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Narrowing down search process.

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not alot, but when mad or if the situation demands it I may let one slip. I'm not perfect.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
Well, I don't get stressed over video games, period. I save the stress for things that have actual applications in the real world. As far as new players go, I have no problems with them, as I will be in or have been in the same boat as them.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect the guild to be full of extroverted characters like myself, who enjoy a good time. Also, I expect there to be a level of seriousness regarding guild affairs.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
As I do not have the game, I am not entirely sure of what I may or may not be good at. But I do vow to play to the best of my ability and always promote the general welfare of the guild.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The amount of people that this guild already had was probably the main attractor. It ensured me that this was a serious guild with good priorities.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Absolutely nothing. Retaliating and possibly getting banned or suspended is not what I joined the game to do.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
I would probably mute him/her until they ceased their current current behavior. Either that, or I would play along.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
LethargicFetus

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Story

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Trooper

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Arbiter

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I hold myself to the degree of a future Marine, and I play with a strict personal code of conduct.

And lastly, are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?:
No, there is not.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Decent application, the answers were a bit short, but I got a pretty good idea of who you are. Very motivated, enthusiastic, and confident. You seem pretty level-headed too. And thank you for planning to serve in the Marine Corps. As a Lieutenant in the Air Force, I have a lot of respect for Marines... doing the things I couldn't do myself. Are you in NROTC right now or do you plan to go to the academy?

Sorry for the short answers, sir. I wasn't sure what exactly was being looked for in my responses. In regards to my future service, I do plan on attending the Naval Academy if I am accepted. I completed all the forms, tests, and received all of my required congressional nominations. If USNA doesn't turn out the way I hope, I have been accepted into Norwich University (VM) and The Citadel (SC). Regardless of which school I choose, I will be doing NROTC. And thank you for serving, Sir. Also I'm sorry for my reply time, I couldnt figure out how to reply for the longest time!!!
Kbrury

I thought it was a pretty well done application, here is his app from SWTOR as well.

Quote:
List your past MMORPG experience, if any:

LOTRO and WoW. Couldnt get very into them felt like "They were Traps!"

What are you looking for in a guild?:

An extroverted guild, because I am a talky and chatty person myself. Going off to college this year and I'm looking for people who can be my friends away from home.

What can you contribute to a guild?:

Humor and an overall good gaming experience. I enjoy questing, leveling, and pwning noobs with guild mates!

Extra:

My name is Karlen, Im from Florida and Im a huge Star Wars fan. Im waiting upon my admissions status into the United States Naval Academy, so if I end up going there, I fear my time with the guild will have to be cut short. Otherwise, I will be attending either Norwich University or USF in the Fall 2011 Semester. I have aspirations of being an Officer in the United States Marine Corps. I love talking about it and embrace conversations regarding it. I also play XBOX Live, my GT is L3thargic F3tus. Add me to chill and play some gamezzzzz.

Lotholar

Thank you, sir. From the SW:TOR website, it does not express exactly how serious this guild is. I think it is truly something! Unfortunately my computer is of an older model, so I dont buy SC 2 and TF 2. But I do have LOTRO. If I get into the Academy, my parents promised an Alienware, so I will most definately be joining in on the other games soon enough. If I get accepted, that is.
Lotholar

And I have changed my forum name. Sorry for it being offensive, just something I've always used.
Kbrury

Nice name, Crixus was my Favorite. Happy

HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Done
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/10/2011 and ending 3/17/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful).

Last edited by HybridLee on March 18, 2011 3:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Airborne44

Crixus Gannicus wrote:
Sorry for the short answers, sir. I wasn't sure what exactly was being looked for in my responses. In regards to my future service, I do plan on attending the Naval Academy if I am accepted. I completed all the forms, tests, and received all of my required congressional nominations. If USNA doesn't turn out the way I hope, I have been accepted into Norwich University (VM) and The Citadel (SC). Regardless of which school I choose, I will be doing NROTC. And thank you for serving, Sir. Also I'm sorry for my reply time, I couldnt figure out how to reply for the longest time!!!

What officer branch do you want? Infantry? Armor? Logistics?

Get good PT scores, grades, and schools if you can get them and you MIGHT get the field you want.
Lotholar

It is still a toss up between the infantry and armor. Most likely going armor, since Im in love with the M1A2 Abrams! My PT scores are fine, i run under a 7 minute mile, max out my modified crunches, I just need to work on my pullups. Im also 9th in my entire class and i have a 4.4 weighted GPA. But man those pullups are killer.
Kbrury

Account has been created.

Kbrury

Ventrilo Account has been created.

Kbrury

Interview Done

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Moving on to Phase 2. 15 posts, and make sure they are meaningful please!

Awarded:

Voting phase!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum