Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
LungALung

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, LungALung!

The application submitted by LungALung is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT-8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
University

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
Fun. Sometimes it's just very satisfying to complete an obstacle or reach an objective you set for yourself.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
Personality wise, people tend to tell me that I'm either really laid back or really lazy. They're both the same thing, but I think it's a plus when it comes to having fun with other people. I do tend to be pretty responsible, being on time and doing what people expect of me.

As for weaknesses: I can be pretty quiet or unresponsive when I'm in a bad mood.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Video games have always been one of my primary hobbies. I tend to enjoy multiplayer games more than singleplayer, there's something nice about chatting with other people as you're playing a game. Lately I've taken an interest in watching other people play games, specifically professional StarCraft games (the GSL).

Other than video games, I do enjoy the occasional book, movie, or comic. Anything that will make me laugh or has a good story will do for me.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
Browsing around on the SWTOR community forums

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not really, when I do swear it tends to be be of the non-abusive variety (ex: "Oh shit")

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I tend to keep my feelings bottled up when I'm under a lot of stress and I remind myself not to take my anger out on people who did nothing to deserve it. As for new players in any game really, I tend to be pretty helpful when someone asks for help, maybe explaining how to do something in a game or giving them a spare item or two.

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
A bit cliche, but I expect the community to treat others the way they would want to be treated. Other than that, I can't really ask for more.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
A lot of time and effort. When I get hooked on something, I get really excited about it and I think enthusiasm is important in any community.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
I was impressed by the thread on the SWTOR community forums. It stood out from most of the others in that it was well written and didn't use an obnoxious blend of text colors like red and purple. The guild being aligned with the Republic is also a plus. While I would enjoy playing either faction, I'm pretty weary of the type of people (assholes) the obviously dark/evil/bad side of any game tends to attract.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Depending on my mood, I'd either ignore the person or respond with sarcasm.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
If it doesn't seem to bother other people, I'd just ignore it. Otherwise, I might tell the person to chill out.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
LungALung

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Story

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Arkathos

Excellent application LungALung. Very well written and I am happy to say that you will find a nod from me. As the guild leader it's always nice to see someone who seems to have the right stuff apply to our community, and you are one of those folks. I'll wait to see what others have to say before passing your application. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kbrury

Very good application, good to see another Starcraft fan maybe you can join us tonight. :P You have a yes from me.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Trial Phase 1: Done
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

This is where the fun begins!

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/10/2011 and ending 3/17/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful).

Last edited by Nwahs on March 22, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ventrilo Account Created.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

You have a few days to get your interview done!

Welcome to phase 2 of your trial.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Voting phase!

Seen him on ventrilo quite a few times, he has a yes from me.

Durstalph

He has a yes from me.

Yay. Welcome to Pax man!
Cloud Kanno

Congratulations!

congrats!

Congrats! Woot!

Zoron Ror

Congrats! big grin

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum