Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jaycen Lightrider

re: Welcome to our newest Peacekeeper, Jaycen Lightrider!

The application submitted by Jaycen Lightrider is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
United States

What time zone are you in?:
GMT+8:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
I can't help but contribute to the team, I am just a team player. My motivation is based in wanting success. I would say, in a guild setting, that I strive for having a harmonious relationship with my guild mates and helping to build a guild that is respected, and looked upon favorably by the greater gaming community. That is an achievement worth striving for!

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
I am a natural leader and have great communication skills. I learn very fast so any mechanic or strategies come easy to me. I genuinely care about others and want any group I am a part of to be fully successful. I have completed every single StarWars game from Tie Fighter to TFU, every BioWare game(except NeverwinterNights...never finished that one), and tons of betas, trials, and most major RPGs in the last 15 years. I also am knowledgeable of real historic military strategy, tactics and systems for teamwork in a battlefield environment.
As far as weaknesses, I have plenty of those too! Although I get along with almost everyone and have great respect for others, however I can be a debater at times(for instance folks supporting the Pro Dickwolves people I will debate vigorously, but respectfully), and can occasionally come of as argumentative.(I am just passionate in all honesty, and this is something I am working on) I am not the guy who starts flame wars, and truly only ever try to foster cohesive unity.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
I own my own business with 25+ employees so most of my time is spent making sure they can get paid each week! (www.teleRocket.com shameless plug!) I also have been on and off a minor celebrity, I was on broadway in a show called the Secret Garden at 11, originally cast as the kid in Forever Young w/mel gibson(couldn't get out of contract to do the movie so my movie career never took off) and cast in the Mickey Mouse Club, the same group as Brittney, Christina, and Justin. There would not be a Justin Timberlake if I hadn't missed my flight to florida due to a snow storm...seriously. I was on ABC a few years ago as a result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1TfO93Go8 check it out!

My free time now is spent gaming making music, and spending time with my wife of 5 years who is super hot and freaking awesome...and no she isn't reading this right now. I actually love my wife and enjoy her company!(rare right!)
She has been warned and knows I will be immersed in TOR so I shouldn't have any wife aggro between 4-7PM M-F and Weekend Days from the am till 7PM.

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR Forums via seeing it in folks signatures

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No I am trying to break myself of that habit, and am not the guy that drops F bombs on Vent! I am usually the guy asking others to NOT overly cuss. That said, folks will swear occasionally and I don't see the da#n or sh1t slipping out being something to get upset about.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I don't stress about games...that would defeat the purpose. I have enough other stuff I can stress over!

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
I expect members to abide by the rules, and to be respectful and to be there to play the game, not be obnoxious. I also can't stand leet speak and am a bit of a grammar freak, so I hope we have members that write as intelligent people, not folks going around calling everyone a noob/newb/n00b. I want to be around members that build each other up and help each other, not the me me me, screw you crowd.

I hope the leadership does not play favorites, and enforces the rules in a fair way across the board. I would want the leaders to be accessible and not snobby, and in my interaction so far I don't have any worries in that regard. I also want the leadership to be organized and have things planned to maximize our success.

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Well, I am extremely good looking so there is that...
But seriously, I have a fairly good sense of humor and love to post. I enjoy furthering great conversation, good debates, and have a fair bit of knowledge about SW and gaming I can share as well.
I am a born leader, and understand tactics for victory. I also am a good arbitrator when folks have issues with each other.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Organization, clear vision, great site, awesome name that fits the SW Lore, and large numbers. I have been eying you guys for over a year, but there are never any openings for Jedi Knights, and I didn't apply. I applied today when the Guild Site went live on SWTOR and was told you would at least look at my app.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Ignore as long as possible.(we want a good rep) If it continues, thats what the ignore list is for...

Now if they are an Imperial...thats a whole different ballgame. I am comlinking my Pax Possie and RED IS DEAD!

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Privately ask them to behave in a very polite manner(alot of times they don't realize its immersion breaking etc), if they continue then I would publicly request they stop...if they STILL wanted to be a toolbag then I would pm whomever is in the leadership position overseeing that type of problem.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
JaycenLightrider

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
I was in Saints of the Old Republic...I left as the leadership was not abiding by their own rules and it became a very very toxic environment. A section of the membership also became mean, disrespectful, and elitist and the leadership allowed it because it was their buddies. I didn't want to be a part of a group that was so awful to outsiders and folks they didn't agree with.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No, I have left a guild because the membership changed and became mean, disrespectful, and elitist.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
Raiding

Which of the following interests you third most?:
PVP

In relation to the guild.:
I serve the guild

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Knight

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
I ask to be accepted because I am a worthwhile addition to Pax Republica. I am a team player and want to help assist the guild in any way needed, while enjoying a game I have been waiting for my whole life as a Star Wars fan.
I look forward to hearing from you and destroying the Sith together.

FOR THE REPUBLIC!

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Kbrury

Here is his Application on SWTOR.

Quote:
List your past MMORPG experience, if any:

SWG(1st mmo), Vanilla WOW, LOTRO, EVE, RIFT, STO, trials of just about all the others

What are you looking for in a guild?:

No- elitist, helpful and respectful members who are here to play the game...not cause drama and put others down.

What can you contribute to a guild?:

I am active on forums and enjoy discussing all aspects of gaming and the culture surrounding it, especially Star Wars! Also I have devoured at least half of the EU books(Thrawn Trilogy FTW..although NJO is great as well), I have played every single BW and SW game to completion (from Tie Fighter to TFU). I am currently on what I think is my 8th time through KOTOR! I also am 30 years old, and my wife and I own a business with over 25 employees so I have great leadership, communication, and team building skills. My wife is cool with TOR and I won't have to deal with too much wife aggro as a result!

Extra:

I have liked the name of this guild and read post from members that I have 100 percent agreed with...I really would like to be a part of what you are doing, and know I would make a great addition to the ranks. Jedi Knight will not be my only character, but it will be my primary. I look forward to destroying the Sith with you all!

HybridLee

That is one amazing application, and you seem like a very nice guy. I say we should definitely pass this.
HybridLee

Trial Phase 1: Complete
Trial Phase 2: Underway
Voting Phase: Underway

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/9/2011 and ending 3/16/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by HybridLee on March 20, 2011 6:36 pm; edited 11 times in total
Jaycen Lightrider

HybridLee wrote:
That is one amazing application, and you seem like a very nice guy. I say we should definitely pass this.

Thank you lee. I try to be thorough and follow the rules.

And thank you all for the warm welcome!
Icarus Rayden

Hey man! Its great to see you followed my advice! (Im DrMicha on TOR Forums)
You are -like the rest of us- and in case you complete your trials successfully very lucky to be part of this guild. Hope I ll see you around!

We are not legends. We are not heroes. We are not saviors. We are ordinary men and women who have the guts to face the vast and dark horrors of space so that our families and friends may look up to the coming days with hope.
We are Troopers.
Jaycen Lightrider

Icarus Rayden wrote:
Hey man! Its great to see you followed my advice! (Im DrMicha on TOR Forums)
You are -like the rest of us- and in case you complete your trials successfully very lucky to be part of this guild. Hope I ll see you around!

I am glad I listened as well. Everyone has been awesome! Thank you big grin
Kbrury

You are well on your way on being one of our quickest Trainees. Happy

HybridLee

Phase 1 finished, moving onto phase 2.
Taic

re: Re: [Trial] - Jaycen Lightrider - Phase 2 ends 3/23/11

Jaycen Lightrider wrote:

I was on ABC a few years ago as a result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1TfO93Go8 check it out!

I'm not going to lie, that gave me goosebumps! Very talented good sir!

Jaycen Lightrider

re: Re: [Trial] - Jaycen Lightrider - Phase 2 ends 3/23/11

Taic wrote:
Jaycen Lightrider wrote:

I was on ABC a few years ago as a result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1TfO93Go8 check it out!

I'm not going to lie, that gave me goosebumps! Very talented good sir!

Seriously, thank you so much! I didn't win...which I may still be bitter about, but it was a wonderful experience
Torvos

How does Justin Bieber have a record deal any not you!! American record companies are so sick with who they give deals. Anyways dude that was really damn good =D.
AstralProjection

Torvos wrote:
How does Justin Bieber have a record deal any not you!! American record companies are so sick with who they give deals. Anyways dude that was really damn good =D.

Having tried to dabble in professional music when I was younger, you quickly learn that record executives simply want to market you as a product. The music usually doesn't matter, what matters is how you comb your hair, where your tattoos are and what they're of, and what kind of clothes you wear. Popular music gets marketed by image, rather than by musicianship, a problem with the music industry that was created when the music video was born, and visual media integrated with music.

The best guy doesn't always win, sadly, and here's another great example.

AstralProjection wrote:
Torvos wrote:

Having tried to dabble in professional music when I was younger, you quickly learn that record executives simply want to market you as a product. The music usually doesn't matter, what matters is how you comb your hair, where your tattoos are and what they're of, and what kind of clothes you wear. Popular music gets marketed by image, rather than by musicianship, a problem with the music industry that was created when the music video was born, and visual media integrated with music.

The best guy doesn't always win, sadly, and here's another great example.

They say if the Beatles came out today, no one would sign them! Just the nature of the beast...

Thanks for all the love folks! There is another video, of some original music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw25HB7Ebh0

And you can find some much older original music for listening on myspace(lol it hasn't been updated in years but the tunes are there) http://www.myspace.com/thejdstelljesorchestra Also there is another track here http://www.indabamusic.com/people/504924547

And finally I do have a 3 song ep for sale for 1.99. PM me if you are REALLY diggin what I do and want to hear the latest and greatest tracks I have!
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Voting phase has begun:

I believe Jaycen would make a great member, he impressed me with his interview as being just a down to Earth dude, and he has been quite active on the forums.

Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum