Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
mrmarko

re: Welcome Our Newest Peacekeeper, mrmarko!

The application submitted by mrmarko is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
England

What time zone are you in?:
GMT

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
To be the best, to excell at my chosen field & explore all faucets of a game - to assist those around me to achieve there max possible potential.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
+ Problem solving
+ Quick reactions
+ Nitty and gritty maths min/max
+ Vast MMO Experience/gaming

- Easily bored if community inactive or game is substandard

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Digital art
Playing guitar
Reading
Gaming (online & office)

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
TOR Website

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
Not alot, but minor swearing when apporiate and in moderation

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
I tend to not get stressed over games or players in games

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Mature, experienced, able to handle drama queens, visably active & approachable

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
Strong gaming experience
Leadership skills from running corporations in EvE Online/manager at work.
Excellent skillset/ability optimisation skills

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
Well presented
Good charter
Active

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
Use witt to put them down without lowering myself to there level, failing that use the good old /ignore function, warn other guild members if really bad.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
1. Politily point out he's not letting the rest of the people in the channel use it for its intended purpose.
2. Tell him to shut up (in a nice way if 1 failed)
3. Report to officer (if 2 failed)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
mrmarkofentono

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No

Which of the following interests you most?:
Socializing

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Crafting

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Jedi Consular

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:
Officer

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
CEO of Omacron Milita (corp in EvE Online)
Eve Online, Warhammer Online, Age Of Conan, World Of Warcraft, Darkfall, Fallen Earth, Star Trek Online, Ultima Online, Lineage II, City Of Heroes, Guild Wars - all played for at least 6 months.

Main experience

5 years EvE Online

Big star Wars fan, played all star wars games ranging from the old wireframe 2d starwars upto the force unleashed.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Kbrury

Hello Marko, thank you for putting in an application. While it isn't the longest App we have ever had I do think it was to the point and provided us with the details we need. We should have a decision made within a few hours, a couple members might ask you some questions so keep an eye out for those.

Atka Talin

I liked the structure of this application. Good luck!

Every artist was first an amateur.
Gryffon Etheras
travisccook
Tech Officer

Awarded:

A little unorthodox as far as our usual applications go, but I appreciate the to-the-point nature. Reminds me of my notes at work... You've got the thumbs up here!

Arkathos

I'll have to echo the thumbs up! A lot of the time people will give us a paragraph but say very little about themselves, where as you've said very little but given us a paragraph worth of information. As someone who is forced to write university papers with lots of useless info to meet a word / page count, I can appreciate this.

I will go ahead and pass this application as three YES votes from officers plus some likes from regular members is more than enough to start you off!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tcyiora

Nice app Happy It wasn't very long but it was to the point and I rather enjoyed it!
You seem like a nice person who would fit well in Pax!

Davi Jones

Good luck with the trial big grin

Trial Phase 1: Completed
Trial Phase 2: Completed
Voting Phase: Completed

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 3/3/2011 and ending 3/10/2011, to complete seven tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the eighth and ninth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must make an introductory thread in your specified class forum provided below. Done

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

4. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

8. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not). Done

9. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Last edited by Cloud Kanno on March 19, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 10 times in total

Good luck to you Marko!

mrmarko

Thanks for the acceptance Happy.

I was unsure if my application was too short, but didn't want to put five pages of meaningless cliché after cliché hehehe.

Mark
SLAINEUK

Lo mr good luck with you trail there is a few peeps in PAX from the uk hope to catch up on comma some time tc
Icarus Rayden

Congratulations for being accepted to the guild mate.
Your answers were short but juicy and that is what really matters.
Very good to see another fellow from europe, too!
See you around

Michael

We are not legends. We are not heroes. We are not saviors. We are ordinary men and women who have the guts to face the vast and dark horrors of space so that our families and friends may look up to the coming days with hope.
We are Troopers.
Tadrius Lucrosus

Congrats on being accepted bud! Hope to see you sometime in vent and play whatever game you got! From what I've seen you've got a ton so that won't be hard at all Happy

You have been really active so far Marko but be sure to get to these when you can!

Quote:
5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread:

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster.

http://www.pax-republica.net/guild/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5386058&gid=118791

mrmarko

Kbrury wrote:
You have been really active so far Marko but be sure to get to these when you can!

Quote:
5. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread:

6. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed

7. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster.

http://www.pax-republica.net/guild/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5386058&gid=118791

Done 5 and 7 Happy.

Whom would be best to do section 6 with in particular?

Cheers,

Mark
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum