Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
The Blackest Man

re: Welcome our newest Peacekeeper, The Blackest Man!

The application submitted by The Blackest Man is as follows:

Quote:
Please look over this <a>thread</a> before starting your application.

Personal Questions

The following questions are aimed at helping us get to know you better as a person. Please be as detailed as possible, this means that we expect as much information as you can possibly provide us with.

How old are you?:

What gender are you?:
Male

What country do you live in?:
South Korea

What time zone are you in?:
GMT+9:00

Which of the following below would best describe your current occupation?:
Full-Time Job

Do you have the ability to pay online fees?:
Yes

What motivates you to contribute and to strive for achievement?:
The two definitely go hand in hand. My desire for personal achievement fuels the contribution I put forth to a guild. That isn't to say that I'm a selfish player, but rather an honest portrayal of how that cycle works. To tackle the toughest objectives and achieve all I desire, it requires a willingness to ensure my guild is all that is can be.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
PROS:
If I'm not smart, then I'm at least a decently quick learner.
I've got a willingness to learn and a desire to understand.
Past MMO/PVP leadership experience.

CONS:
What comes as helpful critique from me could occasionally be interpreted as brash criticism.
Personal love/hate attachment to online gaming. (I love it, but will fill guilty once I start pouring too much time into it... Still aiming for a dedicated, but balanced, playstyle.)
Living in Korea places me at a bit of an awkward play time.

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on?:
Travelling, reading, sports

Pax Republica Questions

These questions are aimed at helping us figure out if you're Pax Republica material, so be as detailed as possible.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?:
SWTOR Boards

Do you have a tendency to cuss a lot? :
No and yes. Dependent on the people and required setting.

How do you deal with stress and new players?:
Generally pretty stress free, though honestly a major relaxer is engaging with others - talking, assisting, explaining, etc

What are your expectations of the members and leadership of Pax Republica?:
Focus. With enough focus even the average part-time gamer can excel. In addition, a clear minded focus allows the power-gamers to dive deeply into the game and blaze a trail for others to follow. I enjoy a progressive mind (one looking to improve wherever possible), but also a mind that is able to aptly prioritize that progression in a well-thought manner. (E.g. don't spend hours in the auction house, when you could just as easily be out leveling or refining your PVP skills)

What do you believe you can contribute to Pax Republica's community?:
I try to remain focus and rational in my approach. I'm quick to help and enjoy serving under competent leadership.

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?:
The apparent level of organization and determination (without making it a job), the history, and the acceptance of international members.

A non-guild member approaches you in game and begins talking smack to you. How do you react?::
I most likely don't, but if I do it may very well wind up in a long drawn out conversation with the individual about life, purpose, and views on a wide range of topics.

You're in Ventrilo playing with other members but one member is being annoying, making silly noises and being obnoxious...what do you do? :
Depending on my role in that situation I would: send a message to an officer, ask the member to be quiet, or move myself and my party to another channel.

While I don't seek a leadership role, I certainly don't mind speaking up for common sense in the event no leadership is present.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Questions

What is your SWTOR forum name?:
TheBlackestMan

Have you previously been in another SWTOR guild? If so please include the Guild's name and your experience there.:
No.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?:
No.

Which of the following interests you most?:
Story

Which of the following interests you second most?:
PVP

Which of the following interests you third most?:
Raiding

In relation to the guild.:
We work together

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements.

Which class do you intend to play?:
Smuggler

Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?:
Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members?:
Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the trial director to become a full member?:
Yes

In the future, what position would you like to hold?:

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?:
Just a bit about me: I'm a native of Florida, currently in his second year of teaching English in Korea.

Congratulations! You've completed our application. While it may have been lengthy it is in the interest of ensuring only those truly dedicated bother applying. All applications are reviewed as soon as possible.

Lord Marvel

Hello there The Blackest Man (are you really black, or it`s just cool forum name?) thank you for your time to fill our application form.

Your application is very good in my opinion. I liked your answers and give you my stamp of approval Happy

2 questions though:

1. Could you double check you TOR forum name? Cause either you wrote it wrong or Advance search is playing tricks on me. >_>

2. Can you tell us a bit about your gaming history? Happy

Oh, and don`t worry about strange activity hours... we are pretty much active 24/7 with our members being all over the world ;)

As soon as more people will give their votes we will probably accept you into trial Happy

The Blackest Man

Haha, the name is just something I began using as a forum handle some time back. It's a progression of multiple things, none of which have anything to do with me being a black man in real life. I'm just a simple white man.

1. Logged into the SWTOR site currently under the name TheBlackestMan (no spaces). Have yet to post anything on the boards however - so that may be why you can't search for me.

2. Gaming history:
Started my MMO history with EverQuest back in middle school. Nothing much came of it since I was far too young, naive, and diverted to really accomplish anything.

Moved on to Shadowbane with some friends in high school where I remained playing through much of college. After doing the whole server domination big guild experience early, the last 3-4 years there were spent with small guilds / groups of friends that prioritized fun, competitive, small-scale PVP above just about anything else. Despite the game now being finished, I remain relatively connected with many of the friends established there.

I dabbled with WoW intermittently here and there. A friend of mine from Shadowbane knew he was going to need someone he could trust to be a healer at the start of Lich King, so I started up about 2 months prior to the expansion release and was able to help his small guild wipe out all the initial release content (pre-Ulduar) within a month. Eventually quit though due to time restraints with school and a general disdain for the game (too overtly time-consuming.)

Since then, I've had stints with Lord of the Rings Online, League of Legends, and a number of other games. Having been in transition post college, my play time hasn't always been consistent, but the foreseeable future seems rather available for helping a guild progress.
Lord Marvel

Thank you very much for answers Happy I`m sure you will fit right in Happy

Pinoyfury

Ohhh a smuggler. Nice to meet you! Liking the app. Hope to get to game with you sometime.

Photobucket
Arkathos

Kbrury and Stealth will be happy hah. Another smuggler! Welcome to the community mate, and thanks for applying and taking the time to check us out. From your application I think you'll fit in perfectly here - thus I will go now and pass your application. Happy Keep your eyes open here for your Trial Requirements and best of luck!

- And as our Trooper Captain, Lord Marvel said,do not worry about play times - From Canada all the way east back to Canada we stretch! (Canada cause well, that's where I'm from!).

Cheers!

-Consul (guild leader) gaiutus.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Lord Marvel

Gaiutus wrote:
- And as our Trooper Captain, Lord Marvel said,do not worry about play times - From Poland all the way east back to Poland we stretch! (Poland cause well, that's where my more handsome twin is from!).

Cheers!

-Consul (guild leader) gaiutus.

FIXED ^_^

The Blackest Man

Hey, thanks. I appreciate the prompt reply.
Cloud Kanno

Trial Phase 1: Completed
Trial Phase 2: Completed
Voting Phase: Completed

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! During this trial you will have 7 days, starting 2/3/2011 and ending 2/10/2011, to complete six tasks as part of Trial Phase 1. Trial Phase 2 will consist of another 7 days in which, if you haven't done so already, you must complete the seventh and eighth task and take the time to see how well you fit into our community. Voting will take place toward the middle of Phase 2.

As you undergo these tasks, you will not only complete the steps necessary to become a fully functioning member of Pax, you'll also learn if Pax is the guild you actually want to join.

At the end of this trial your application will be re-evaluated for the final decision. Do not hesitate to send me a private message, email, or MSN message with any questions or concerns. Here are your tasks:

Phase 1

1. You must make 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

2. You must update your profile here at Pax with an Avatar. Done

3. You must PM the Consul, Arbiter or Envoy (that includes Trial Directors like me) and give them the necessary info for creating your Ventrilo account. You need to PM your desired name and password. Here is a link to a helpful thread with sig and Vent info. PM me when this is completed Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5374994&gid=118791

4. Go over our Rules and Regulations thread and be sure to post that you accept them. Here is a link to the thread: Done

http://www.pax-republica.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5380800&gid=118791

5. You must arrange an interview with the Consul, Arbiter, Trial Director, or a Class Captain via a PM. The interview must be conducted in Ventrilo before your trial period is up. PM me when this is completed Done

6. Declare your class and your advanced class in the Guild Roster. Done

Phase 2

7. You must get into vent and a game for at least one day (note: a game with us is optional vent is not).Done

8. You must make an additional 15 posts in our forums (note: please keep your posts meaningful). Done

Welcome to PR, TheBlackestMan. I look forward to see you through your trial. If you have any questions or concerns about the trial procedure feel free to ask. Good luck!

Last edited by Cloud Kanno on February 18, 2011 12:51 am; edited 9 times in total

Marvel... mad

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Lord Marvel

Gaiutus wrote:
Marvel... mad

<3 you too ;)

Icarus Rayden

Welcome Blackest! Its good to see a new smuggler in the guild (who is also a Scarlett Johansson fan!!)
cheerio

We are not legends. We are not heroes. We are not saviors. We are ordinary men and women who have the guts to face the vast and dark horrors of space so that our families and friends may look up to the coming days with hope.
We are Troopers.
Stealth B-2

Welcome to the guild!
Areku99

Welcome! If you don't mind me asking, where exactly in S. Korea are you?

welcome pal im sure as time goes on we'll have a few games together and a chance for a chat

once again welcome to the Guild! wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum